Start by marking “Diary of a Teenage Zombie” as Want to Read:

Diary of a Teenage Zombie

A humorous undertaking of the zombie genre exploring the ludicrous world of teenage girls that wear tiny outfits while eating door-to-door salesman.
Katie Palmer not only makes you look at steak with fresh eyes or laugh out loud at her appalling table manners, shes a refreshing approach to a character not often explored; heroine versus villainess.
Published August 15th 2014 by Shadow Ink Press

Start your review of Diary of a Teenage Zombie
Bree-anne
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all please please tell me there is going to be a second book. I greatly enjoyed this novel. I do not know what it is about Miss Berridge's books but as soon as i start them i cannot put them down no matter what that i guess is the why i finished this book in 5 and half hours last night. I love how everyone became zombies not from eating a contaminated piece of meat but drinking soda i am seriously second guessing if i might ever drink another soft drink haha however this book is un-die ...more
Alex Apostol
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A funny, thrilling new take on the zombie genre

Think IZombie meets Buffy. This author, who's new to me, has a unique voice that at times had me giggling to myself and at others had me biting my nails. Bits of the storyline may have been somewhat predictable, but that didn't make it any less exciting to read. If there had been more characters in the book this probably could have been avoided.

Katie, who is a highly functioning teenage zombie, is a snarky, sarcastic character whose zingers made me
Karen
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from a Goodreads giveaway for reviewing purposes.

4.5 Stars

A humorous trek through the life of a teenaged zombie. I absolutely love Katie for all her smart mouthed antics and constant struggle to keep ahold on what's left of her humanity.

On a more touching level (view spoiler)
Stephanie Jackson
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
What a quirky twist to a zombie tale. This is Kristy Berridge at her best - her innate sense of fun and humour will have you laughing out loud with some of the antics and descriptions Katie Palmer gets up to as a Zombie. With a touch of romance and intrigue, this is a hoot to read - would make a great movie. Have a read people, you wont be sorry.
Michael Stewart
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zombie Humor at its best!

If you enjoy a dash of humor with your blood and guts buffet, you will enjoy this novel. You may even find yourself, like I did, rooting for Katie in spite of her being a zombie.
Kimberley
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not typically one to read books with zombies but this one if definitely an exception! Such a funny read with a well thought out storyline, definitely recommend to others who aren't normally fans of zombies
Dmitri Parker
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I surprised myself by actually enjoying this novel. After the painful fail of trying to reading Candor I thought myself done with YA, but apparently I can still chug down some.

Admittedly there were instances that became annoying, too much focus on high school social life, peer pressure, and popularity and such. But I managed to chalk it up to, in some way it makes sense that when on some unconscious level at least you feel your life unwinding towards the inevitable, you may want to live whatever
Makenzie
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Strengths

Characters

The characters are strongly built and realistic. (Besides the whole zombie thing!) Katie acts like a normal teenage girl struggling to fit in. Haven't we all had rumors spread about us? Or been teased? I know I have! Berridge brings these fictional characters to life.

Intensity

Diary of a Teenage Zombie is the perfect blend of action and description! Berridge knows when to keep the action going and when to slow down and describe the scene a little more. This is a quality
Jack Goodwind
Violetta
rated it it was ok
Apr 18, 2015
Kristy Berridge
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
MightyNobody
Alina
Shauna - Jo
Vykki
Feb 01, 2015
Born in Perth, Western Australia in 1982, Kristy Berridge was ushered into the world in a decade of bad hair, parachute pants, and blue eye shadow. Fortunately, she managed to avoid all three influences by immersing herself in the business of growing up, and hitched a ride with her fun-loving and adventure-filled parents to the sunny state of Queensland. Here she completed most of her education.