Start by marking “A Home for Christmas (Short Story Collection)” as Want to Read:
A Home for Christmas (Short Story Collection)

A Home for Christmas (Short Story Collection)

Includes three historical fiction short stories to delight and entertain this holiday season.

CHRISTMAS MOUNTAIN
In search of family she barely knows and adventure she's always wanted, Katherine Donahue is saved from freezing on a winter night in the mountains of Montana by August Hollister. Neither of them expected that what one woman had in mind was a new beginning for the
Published November 5th 2014 by Trappers Peak Publishing (first published November 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Home for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Home for Christmas

Connie Sadowinski
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Home for Christmas by MK McClintock includes three historical-western fiction short stories. I enjoyed the character development in each story. A delightful holiday read for historical fiction fans.
Laurie Carlson
My Take:
5 Stars!
All three of these books take place during the 19th century, and the author gives us an Author's Note in the beginning showing her excitement for Christmas during this time period. She said, "it not only delighted and entertained, but also gave me pause." What a statement, huh!
Each story really focuses on the people, and they make you truly feel the love and warmth everyone truly has for each other. Back then there was not television, the internet, or cell phones like we have tod
June Jacobs
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
All three Christmas stories in this historical short story collection are set in the final three decades of the 19th century. Reading this book reminded me of why I love the historical fiction genre! The author has filled each story with warmth and charm amid the tragedies and grief the characters have experienced in the past and the challenges they are experiencing in their lives during the story.

MK McClintock does an excellent job of painting a picture of frontier life and developing the chara
Andrea Guy
There are three stories that make up the A Home For Christmas short story collection. I love sweet holiday stories. They are like a good bottle of wine. They make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. These three stories are about love, family and the holiday. None are really romances, but love is definitely one the way for some of these people.

Christmas Mountain is the first of the three and I adored this one. It is a story of finding family. August and Sarah were precious and so was Katherine. F
Michelle Miller (True Book Addict)
One theme shined through with this lovely short story collection...new beginnings. If it's one thing that we all start thinking about as the holidays and the end of a year approaches, it's new beginnings. And, for me, new beginnings mean hope which is another message that is very important at Christmas time.

In Christmas Mountain, Katherine finally comes to her sister's home out west, only after her sister has died. But she finally gets to meet her sister's family and it turns out to be a new beg
Nicole Laverdure
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Short historical fictions set during Christmas time!
I have just finished reading three short stories written by M.K. McClintock, part of her collection A HOME FOR CHRISTMAS. I really enjoyed these charming historical fictions CHRISTMAS MOUNTAIN, TETON CHRISTMAS and LILY'S CHRISTMAS WISH!
Christmas Mountain is the romantic story, set in Montana, of August, a widow and country doctor and his young daughter Sarah. Both get to meet his late wife's sister Katherine and a beautiful friendship will enve
Diane  Holm
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: A lover of Romance and the 1800's
Three wonderful historical fiction stories...

Christmas Mountain - Katherines heart was aching as she started the cold journey up the mountain. Would August and his daughter welcome her or would she just bring painful memories? Only time, the healer of all wounds, would tell.

Teton Christmas - McKensie tried to be optimistic, but the sadness of loosing her parents was a cot to carry. Her and sister Madison had come to live with their aunt out west, a lifestyle neither had ever experienced before.
Karen
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who love Christmas short stories
The first Historical Western I ever read was by MK McClintock. I fell in love with her characters and her ability to pull me into the story. Now, I eagerly await each new book.

In A Home for Christmas, the author has gifted the reader with a truly delightful collection of short stories designed to entertain. Each story is well crafted and provides a glimpse of the old west. MK’s ability to bring the story to life keeps me coming back for more.

If you enjoy the warmth of Christmas themed short stor
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
Review originally appeared on Brooke Blogs.

A Home for Christmas by MK McClintock is a delightful collection of three short historical holiday stories. I thoroughly enjoyed each story in this set. The stories are heart-warming and a lovely look into historical Christmas celebrations in the 19th Century. I quickly fell in love with the characters in each story and really felt invested in them. This was the perfect collection of sweet, historical holiday romance that I could read in one sitting.

I r
Julie Lence
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
M.K. McClintock's A Home for Christmas is three, beautifully-written short Christmas stories sure to warm your heart during the holiday season, or anytime of year. Each is filled with the true spirit of Christmas; giving without expecting something in return. This is the first work I have read by Ms. McClintock and it won't be my last. She has a unique way of bringing characters to life and instilling their sorrows and joys into the reader's hearts. Ms. McClintock is one author you'll want to ad ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-for-review
3.5 stars rounding up

This short story collection by MK McClintock is about the sweetest thing ever. Three novellas, each with an early western setting, and characters that will warm your heart.

These books were so gentle. Heartwarming. Charming. Soft. I can think of many adjectives along these lines to describe this collection. If you are looking for a cozy winter book to snuggle up with- try this one. It's perfect for the Christmas season that is right upon us.

Content: Clean on the romance side
Heather C
This was my first Christmas historical fiction read and it was such a wonderful experience that I can’t wait to dig into some more Christmas novellas and short stories (of which I have been collecting many recently).

Each of the stories in this collection had a sweet story to tell – full of hope when none seemed to be available. All three stories brought the prospect of family at the time when it was needed most – whether through blood relation or by construction. Although these stories were shor
InD'tale Magazine
Each of these three delightful, heart-warming stories about Christmas on the Western Frontier will grab and touch the reader with their warmth and beauty.

Read full review in the 2015 March issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Henrietta Cullinane
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A home for Christmas

These short stories are perfect for dr. Appointments -.long enough to keep you interested but not too long to not finish. Stories make you feel good. Loved the recipe at the end.

Eileen
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lovely Short Stories taking place at Christmastime

Each story is well written. The author has brought the characters and locations to life. The conversation is realist. There was sincerity and humor throughout each story. I really enjoyed this compilation!
Christina Knaub
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Merry Christmas

I just loved these three Christmas stories. They were about how beautiful and exciting the Christmas season truly is. Well done
Sandie Laughner
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Three individual short stories about love, hope, and kindness at Christmas time in the old West. Lovely!! :)
Tracey Ann
May 21, 2015
Jennifer Bayles
Nov 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
MK McClintock is a multiple award-winning author who crosses genres and eras, one mystery, thriller, western, and romance at a time. As MK, she writes about handsome cowboys, dashing agents, and strong women who appreciate chivalry. Her stories of adventure, romance, and mystery sweep across the American West to the Victorian British Isles, with places and times between and beyond. She enjoys a pe ...more