Start by marking “The Broken Curse (Curse Books, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Broken Curse (Curse Books, #3)

The Broken Curse

(The Curse Books #3)

After a chain of tragic events, Ryder has lost the true essence of who she is. At the cost of her emotions, she channels anger and frustration to hone her new skills. Her white knight remains by her side, but with light comes dark.

When her mentor concocts a plan to end the curse, Ryder dives in head first, but as the number of demons on Earth increases, Ryder and her frien
Published November 24th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Broken Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Broken Curse

Hooked On Books
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Broken Curse (A Curse Books - Book 3) Taylor Lavati 5 Stars

Wow what a book ....5 big gold stars!

This is the 3rd book and each book kept getting better. This book is action packed and very full on !

Ryder has to pull an army together at really short notice to fight Hades and the demons. Not only does she need to break the curse but she also needs to stop Hades from leaving the Underworld and coming to earth. To do this she also needs to work out who her soul-mate is, will it be Ari or Ollie ?
Natalie Coelho
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I just finished the third and final installment of the set and I could not be more happier to find out that it ended exactly how I was hoping. Although I did feel really sad for a few of the characters and one in particular was the main character but in the end fairytale do come true and happily ever after does happen. I am really glad I found this new author and got to read her books truly wonderful thank you for letting me be a part of your world. :) I got this book for an honest review.
Valerie
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome ending.

I'm still trying to digest this book. It was very intense. Everything is starting to come to an epic showdown. Hades isn't pulling any punches and you wonder how they will fight him and break the curse. More importantly who is Ryder's soul mate. All questions are answered. I wish there were more books to come. But it all was worth the journey.
Regan
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the final book in the three book series, "The Thousand Year Curse" by author Taylor Lavati. Back in 2013, when I received the first in the series to review, I immediately said that this was a strong author who I was rooting for. I am excited that I have been privy to her growth and process in this series. She's a phenomenal writer with a very creative plot process. I have been able to read and watch characters grow, gain strength and meet their fates. I was even a bit sad reading the las ...more
Mercedes Roth
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
**I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Alright, so this book was good conceptually, but it was kind of a let down for me. Yes, Ryder ended up with the guy I wanted her to, but it just fell short.
I mean, I wanted the battle to be more, bigger! But instead it was kind of...boring? And the big reveal of who her soulmate is? Yeah, it was kind of lame. I just wanted more from the story.
It felt rushed to me & I wanted more. I wanted to find ou
Sherie
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good

I am so sad this series has ended. I devoured this series. It has it all, love, conflict, fighting and friendships and loyalty and tears and laughs, and sighs, and beautiful, beautiful love. On to find more novels by this author.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is the conclusion to the Curse trilogy and this was by far my favorite book of the entire series! This author does an incredible job tying up every loose end and bringing the entire story to a wonderful and incredibly touching conclusion. This series as a whole has taken me through the entire gamut of emotions and I loved every second of it! I have been incredibly frustrated at times over this curse and Ryder’s inability to make a decision while both Ari and Ollie were being dragged along f ...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
With all the hurt and the loss of so many of her dear friends Ryder deals with her grief the only way she knows how and that is to punish herself by punishing her body with exercise and training for the big fight she knows is coming. She has to break the curse that was set on her many, many years ago by Hades. She will have to gather up her army and go to the Underworld to break her curse and to stop Hades from ever making it to Earth and becoming ruler over the Earth and humans.

Ryder must choo
Kimberly Vanderbloom
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

With a tragic ending to book 2 we are left in the aftermath. We have a new Ryder. She is quiet and vengeful. She has withdrawn from her family and friends preparing herself for battle. She begins this book as a rather dark character. She finds a way to end the curse but it means going to Underworld and battling demons, Hermes and Hades. She also has to bring her friends to help her. It is finally time to end the curse and get the ans
Tina
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was the best by far. We get to see action and hard decisions. Eury finally has to choose between Ollie and Ari!!!

Eury has to form an army to fight the nastiness that is the underworld. The students and staff band together to keep Hades down below where he belongs. It definitely will keep you on your toes. You will feel like you are right there fighting with them. She has to make her final decision as to who she chooses as her mate. You will be so.pleased to see her decision.

I was intr
Laurie P
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015

Oh, my! I cried and cried reading this book. The author puts you right inside of Ryder (Eurydice). You feel her every emotion.

Ryder gathers an army of friends, teachers and gods to go to the Underworld and meet Hades face to face and finally break this curse that has two men vying for her love and affection over centuries. Unfortunately, she loses friends during this battle. It is here that she actually finds her soul mate and breaks the curse.

The emotions are so real, you feel them inside your
Taylor Lavati
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey guys! I can't believe this series is already over. It's bittersweet for me. If you've liked the previous two books then you're going to LOVE this one. There were a lot of questions left open, and all will be answered in the final book. We get to find out who Ryder's true soul mate is, and what will happen as a result of that. We learn more about the curse's past through Ryder's visions, too. So many people loved the Underworld scenes, and guess what? We're going back down for an epic battle! ...more
Amy
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Broken Curse is the perfect finale to Taylor Lavati's Curse trilogy. All questions from the previous two books are answered as mysteries unravel. Character's lay all their cards on the table as we get a peak into the parts of them we weren't shown before. The ending of Ryder's tale was definitely not a disappointment. I won't say much more for fear of spoiling it for other readers. This series lead me to an author I hadn't known before, who has been added to my list of favorite writers with ...more
Zara Lethallan
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After heart-shattering events, Ryder has put all emotions aside to focus on her main goal - save her friends and stop Hades from taking over the Earth.

The character development in this series was amazing. Ryder has gone from a soft high school girl into a strong woman who is willing to fight for what she believes in. Her only issue was - who was her soulmate? Ari or Ollie? She must decide.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Linda
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've never read a series finale that literally made me feel so whole. Everything was wrapped up perfectly and I have to admit that I did guess who her soul mate was in book two. Probably because he was my favorite but still. This was a great end, to an amazing series. The growth in characters and the author is something I really noticed. I was surprised how gripping this was because usually by a book three I'm kind of tired of the characters. That's not the case here.
Karlena Lipari
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing ending!!

I Loved part III so much. I definitely needed tissues for this one. Parts of the book had my heart pounding in my chest and then my heart would just stop. I felt like this book had the perfect ending. I was definitely pleased with it and was sad to see the series end. this is a definite series recommendation!!!
Melannie
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Broken Curse is the perfect series ending.

Ryder Mason keeps getting tougher but her battles keep getting harder. Now she must fight Hades himself to save the life of her soul mate. Will it be Ollie or Ari? And can she and her friends defeat the evil that threatens to destroy them?
Peggy
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The 3rd book in the series and it get even better! This series, to me, are full books, but once you start, it's so hard to put them down! This author has proven she know just what she's doing to pull in readers! I have read several of her books and I can not wait for the next one!

*Received for an honest review*
Nancy Metsch
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even thought I didn't read the first 2 books I still really liked this book
Eleni
Nov 23, 2014 rated it liked it
I don't know what to say about this book or the entire series. There were times when it was good, and other times I doubted the protagonist ability to think. I did like the relationships, but many things felt undeveloped, like the plot. There is no explanation to some things, the author just leaves it as, "Who knows?" or "It's just the way it is." I'm paraphrasing, but that's the general gist of it.

And the we move on to the gods. There meant to be thousands of years old, but their depicted as,
Laura  Redmon
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One H-E- (double hockey sticks) of a mythological ride!

Ryder goes on an adventure of a lifetime. Going from a single, bullied, nobody, to half Goddess with two hot boyfriends who love her before meeting her. That can be tough on any teenage girl. Especially one who is cursed with a 1000 year curse and needs to find how to break it.

You won't want to miss this crazy as all get out adventure sure to get your heart pumping.

****I received this author copy in exchange for an honest Review.****

Laura R
Jun 02, 2017
Danielle
Apr 20, 2016

• Fire in the Sea
  • Power Writing: Make Your Genre Fiction Soar: by the Author of The Silk & Steel Saga
  • The Storyteller's Daughter: Where the Story Begins
  • The Dragon's Tear
  • The Unbelievable Happiness of What Is: Beyond Belief to Love, Fulfillment, and Spiritual Awakening
  • The Emotional Edge: Discover Your Inner Age, Ignite Your Hidden Strengths, and Reroute Misdirected Fear to Live Your Fullest
  • Torn (The Feuds, #2)
  • Ice Phoenix
  • The Covens of Elmeeria
  • Trials of Stone (Legacy of the Spire #1)
  • In the Shadow of the Earth (The Gods In Hiding, #1)
  • Diet for the MIND: The Latest Science on What to Eat to Prevent Alzheimer's and Cognitive Decline
  • Gluten-Free Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day
  • Black Crow White Lie
  • Divinity
  • My Little Ikigai Journal: A Journey Into the Japanese Secret to Living a Long, Happy, Purpose-Filled Life
  • Meteor Storm
  • One Good Deed: 365 Days of Trying to Be Just a Little Bit Better
A college student in her small town in Connecticut, Taylor loves everything having to do with literature. She is an avid reader, a blogger, a writer- obviously, and a reviewer. Her favorite genres are fantasy, paranormal, young adult, and romance.

The Curse Books (3 books)
  • The Thousand Year Curse (Curse Books, #1)
  • The Curse of Betrayal (Curse Books, #2)