Start by marking “Stars in Your Eyes (de Piaget, #14; de Piaget/MacLeod, #21)” as Want to Read:
Stars in Your Eyes (de Piaget, #14; de Piaget/MacLeod, #21)

Stars in Your Eyes

(de Piaget #14)

New York Times bestselling author Lynn Kurland presents a sweeping romance in which true love can go beyond time...

Imogen Maxwell is on a hunt for rare, antique items to use on a period movie set. The last thing she expects to discover in the peaceful Scottish countryside is a pristine medieval sword . . . or to suddenly find herself facing its very vintage owner in a far
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published November 24th 2015 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Stars in Your Eyes, please sign up.
Katie McP It's meant to be a stand alone... but you will probably find the number of characters overwhelming and possibly bewildering if you didn't already know…moreIt's meant to be a stand alone... but you will probably find the number of characters overwhelming and possibly bewildering if you didn't already know them from other books.

This also is not the best of her books, so I don't recommend starting with this one.

There are two main time-travel/historical/paranormal family lines. They cross a number of times, but not in a way that would confuse you.

For the de Piaget family timeline, some good ones to start with would be either:
- Dreams of Stardust (which is about in the middle of the chronology but would still be a good entry point if you want the time travel aspect)
- If I Had You (which is Robin's story... Robin who is the father and older brother of most of the de Piaget heroes/heroines. It's straight historical but a story that just about everybody loves.)
- Another Chance to Dream (which is actually where the family line started, with Robin's father. This book is straight historical and has a very different kind of plot line that I love but some don't care for. Thus, I don't really recommend starting with it. Not reading it first won't mess up anything.)

For the MacLeod family line, the best place to start is either:
- Dance Through Time (which is about when Elizabeth travelled back to Jamie's time. Jamie is the head of the MacLeod clan and appears in every MacLeod book and even some of the de Piaget books.)
- Garden in the Rain (which is about Jamie's brother and which takes place mostly in the present, though it is also time travel. This one is almost universally acknowledged as one of the best and most well loved by everybody.)

More recently published books in both family lines tend to have more characters from earlier books making appearances... sometimes to the point of cluttering up the story line. If you know who the characters are already, you tend to not mind them appearing as much.

I hope that helps!(less)
Eileen Yes I believe that this will be the next de Piaget story in that series. It looks to be coming out in late November 2015.

Tanya
Phoenix77
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Lynn Kurland’s stories have always been a comfort read for me. Handsome, chivalrous heroes matched with independent, caring women, all with the fantasy of travelling through time to find true love. I picked up Stars in Your Eyes excited to once again delve into this world, but I quickly became disillusioned with the story and found no comfort from the read.

Please read the full review at All About Romance
Lacy Zusammen
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it
These used to be my favorite books. I looked forward to the new one every year. But the last few years have been boring. Plot is never developed, storylines recycled, the women are the same person going thru the same situations just with a different name, and never given a reason why the main characters should even want to be together. If she's just writing the stories now because she feels she has to instead of that she wants to, she should just stop or take a break.
Court
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was awfully blah... I really wanted Phillips story...but it felt disjointed and that the characters ended up together because we expected them to. Also, next to Jennifer's consistent crying, weeping, sobbing, tearing up, and leaking eyes, this was my least favorite heroine. She was very passive.
Stacy Brown
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've been anxiously awaiting this book, usually Lynn publishes a book from this series in the spring and I had to wait until November for this one.

I'm not sure if it was too much anticipation, or a rush job from the publisher, but I found myself a little less than thrilled with this one. I found a few typos in this story, a rarety for Lynn's books. Also, references to auxillary characters seemed a little more rushed and vauge than in previous books. I'm not yet sure how I feel about an object b
The Window Seat
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ever since I read my first Kurland, well over 20 years ago, I have been waiting to read THIS story. That first Kurland was This Is All I Ask, and I can't help but compare the two stories.

Phillip de Piaget is the heir to one of the wealthiest and most powerful keeps in all of England. As the son of the infamous sword master, Robin de Piaget, he knows that he is a pretty good catch on the medieval marriage mart. So why is it that his fiancee seems to want nothing to do with him, his inheritance, o
Gaby
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. I was waiting so much for this story, so now I'm quite disappointed. Phillip is a De Piaget, without a doubt, a knight in shining armor. But I don't know, I just couldn't feel the magic that these books usually do. Imogen is easily forgettable and, it's hard for me to say, but Phillip feels like that too.
I keep waiting for the wild Scottish bride, that we had glimpses on other books. What happened? It doesn't make any sense.
The book wasn't really bad but wasn't remarkable good either
Melody
Oct 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Where is the kiss? Lynn Kurland's books have always been almost completely clean. But this book takes it too far. They never even KISS.
I found this book so convoluted as to be incohesive. The story had so many random bits it didn't entirely make sense.
There were a lot of fun cameos of previous time traveled family members. But as usual when they mention the de Piaget spouses imported from The Future they leave out Abigail. I love Miles and Abby. I hate to see them slighted over and over. And s
Nicole
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, favorites
Aside from the few glaringly obvious typos that made me want to throw my shoe at Lynn's editor, this book was beautiful. Lynn Kurland writes such effortlessly stunning stories that I can't help but fall in love each and every single time while simultaneously planning my next trip to Scotland (this will be the 4th just FYI) to find my own medieval Highlander.
Lizzy
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Disappointing considering previous books, but still fair read.
Pam
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed this series and always look forward to more from this author. She spins tales of time travel that bring humor, insightfulness and intrigue into her stories. Her characters are fun and I love how they interact with each other throughout time.

Imogen Maxwell has traveled to Europe to work on a film about the middle ages. When she arrives in Edinburgh she is about dead on her feet and struggles to stay awake but thanks to her meddlesome siblings (which I will discuss later) she is in
Sylvia
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, time-travel
I am still kind of in shock over how lackluster this book was. I LOVE Lynn Kurland's other books and am always excited about a new addition to the on-going adventures with this huge clan/family. It isn't that I had built up the expectations so high that nothing could reach them. I truly wanted to like this one. As the percentage read went up on my Kindle, so did my acceptance that this offering was going to fall way short of the quality we have grown to expect.

Our heroine, Imogen, seemed to do
Ballerina60
Apr 18, 2016 rated it liked it
those of us who have LOVED this series of time travel books may have to end up accepting the fact that the author seems to be tired of writing them. LK, say it isn't so! the only "excuse" i can find for this book is the possibility that it's an introduction to another whole cast of characters. i hope so, because this book was a disappointment when compared to the calibre of so many others in this series. i never felt any romance blossoming between the protagonists. was there even a kiss? if so, ...more
Jennifer (bunnyreads)
Boo. This was a bit of a disappointment, and I am saying this as someone hard-boiled to love this author no matter what- because books and books, of consistently writing people that I loved to pieces, and stories that I enjoyed made her a favorite author.

Admittedly it’s been a long time since I’ve read any of Kurland’s romances, and jumping in at book twenty-whatever again, maybe didn’t help matters here. The problem wasn’t just with the sheer number of family characters introduced- enough it
Laurie
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Eileen
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is Phillip de Piaget's story with a mystery and romance with a girl from the future. He has been engaged to Heather for 7 years now and it is time to make the marriage happen. When he goes to Haemesburgh castle to put his plan in motion he finds another girl there. Imogen wait sent to the past by Heather in order for Imogene to take her place.
The story started out slow and took lot of time to set the groundwork for this story but once Phillip talked to his uncle Jake, things picked up. I d
Amanda
Nov 29, 2015 rated it liked it
The story and heroine netted 1.5 stars for this book. I rounded up to 3 only because I love the supporting characters so much.
Imogen was too wishywashy, the book includes more time jumps than my willing suspension of disbelief was willing to accept and I find myself peeved to not learn the fate of Hamish. I want to learn more about Heather. Maybe in connection with Howard. And (spoiler alert) what was up with her brother, Robert? I need more motivation for villainy. The ending was far too rushed
Janice
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After a very long wait we finally have Phillips story. Really enjoyed this book. Love that she adds other characters that we have come to know and love in both the past and the future. The twins are just so funny and I can't wait to get their story. This was a great story and hopefully will lead to more about the new characters she has introduced into this book especially Heather's story.
Emily Faber
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Where do I start? I was so looking forward to her new book because I absolutely love the stories that Kurland writes but I just couldn't like this one. Not only was there hardly any romance but the plot line was flat. The only thing I liked were the tidbits about Theo and Sam, who I hope have their own story one day.

Crystal
AMAZING once again! Lynn Kurland never fails to grab my attention. Not going to say much, as previous reviews have explained my love of her, but I will say that it was amazing and very well written. Her much needed vacation paid off in spades (although the wait from April until November was unbearable!).

Thanks once again Lynn for the wonderful book!
Michaela
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
How was this published? What in the heck just happened? Okay. Okay. So a few years ago I was given a copy of "Dreams of Stardust" and I really REALLY enjoy that book. It's just such a perfect little romance... Gosh dang it, I've reread it a few times and it hasn't gotten old. So I decided to see if our library has any other books written by Lynn Kurland. When we lived in Tucson there were NONE. But thankfully Colorado has a few! So I put them on hold and this is the first one I got. I know that ...more
Patricia
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
oh man. i LOVE kurland's books, but this one was just so...blah. the whole first half of the book felt so drawn out and slow paced and utterly boring. i didn't feel any significant character development or relational development. when the storyline finally picked up about 3/4 of the way through, i enjoyed it a bit more...until i had an utter wtaf moment reading about where the author was taking Imogen's storyline. kurland made her look so pathetic and passive and utterly LAME that i lost the alr ...more
Rebecca Van Wagner
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
I kept reading in the hopes of figuring out what was going on. I’ve read a few other of the de Piaget books, but it’s been a while. I was lost with trying to remember what everyone’s stories were and how they ended up places. I also didn’t understand the attraction between Phillip and Imogene at all. Imogene didn’t seem like an interesting character at all... why did she agree to marry the other dude one day after seeing Phillip off? Just didn’t make sense. Other than these plot hurdles the writ ...more
Lyns
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Although this book was the normal length it felt rushed. The beginning was repetative and seemed like an exercise to remind the author who everyone in the family was. Way too many of the cousins were involved, though I loved Rose and expect her story to come soon. When she mentioned Montgomery and Pippa it was strange that there was no mention of his twin. I would have like more of Phillip adjusting to the Future and some of Heather's motivations. The involvement of Robert was odd, yet a final t ...more
Sandy Frediani
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lynn Kurland is another author I've been reading for a long time. This was most enjoyable, especially having recently returned from a trip to Scotland and having been to many of the places mentioned in Edinburgh, including on the ghost Walk. My only quibble would be that Imogen spent a little too much time obsessing on her dysfunctional family. It seemed like every few chapters (sometimes pages), she's once again reiterating everything.
Christina McIntosh
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love all of Lynn Kurland’s books. This one is no exception. It’s slightly different from the majority of her time travel romances. It didn’t have a lot of lovey dovey scenes and had a very slow build. It has its requisite happy ending, but there was so much that I feel could have been added to the story. All in all a very good book.
Patricia Spagnoli
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An absolutely delightful story.

Stars in Your Eyes (de Piaget Family) by Lynn Kurland is another terrific book by this writer. Lynn Kurland writes touching time travel stories. I plan on reading several more of her books in the near future.
Lynn Pohlman
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Always a sucker for Lynn Kurland. Her books are fun, romantic, unbelievable and quick to read. Great in between books when you're in the middle of a heavy series.
Gowri
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovely
Alice
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lord Philip and Imogen

The story of Philip de Piaget, eldest son and heir of Lord Robin de Piaget of Artane. On his way to finalize his betrothal to Lady Heather who appears very reluctant to marry, he rescues a strange young lady who he originally thought was his fiancee, but seems to be a mystery. Her clothes, French, English, and behavior is shocking. Could it be that Lady Imogen Maxwell is lost in time? Great addition to the de Piaget Series.
Play Book Tag: Stars in Your Eyes by Lynn Kurland - 3 stars 6 15 Apr 07, 2016 06:53PM
  • Kiss the Earl (Geek Girls, #3)
  • My Heart's in the Highlands
  • All the Time You Need (Magic of Time, #1)
  • A Lesson in Friendship (Lesson Series, #4)
  • Forever His (Stolen Brides, #1)
  • Untouchable Lover (Warriors of Lemuria, #1)
  • My Banished Highlander (Highland Games Through Time, #2)
  • The Pirate Bride (Viking I, #11)
  • Forgotten Time (Ravenhurst, #1 )
  • Wishing For a Highlander (Highland Wishes #1)
  • The Sea King
  • Midnight Captive (Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles, #2)
  • Dragon Knight's Sword (Order of the Dragon Knights, #1)
  • Taken (The Vampire's Concubine, #2)
  • Dancing In The Athenian Rain
  • Heroes Live Forever
  • My Highland Lover (Highland Hearts, #1)
  • Mirrorlight (Once Upon a Time-Travel)
Lynn began her writing career at the tender age of five with a series of illustrated novellas entitled Clinton’s Troubles in which the compelling hero found himself in all sorts of . . . well, trouble. She was living in Hawaii at the time and the scope for her imagination (poisoned fish, tropical cliffs, large spiders) was great and poor Clinton bore the brunt of it. After returning to the mainlan ...more

de Piaget (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Another Chance to Dream (de Piaget,  #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #5)
  • If I Had You (de Piaget, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #7)
  • Dreams of Stardust (de Piaget, #3; de Piaget/MacLeod, #11)
  • When I Fall in Love (de Piaget, #4; MacLeod, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #13)
  • One Enchanted Evening (de Piaget, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #16)
  • This Is All I Ask (de Piaget, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #3)
  • The More I See You (de Piaget, #7; de Piaget/MacLeod, #6)
  • From This Moment On (de Piaget, #8; de Piaget/MacLeod, #9)
  • Stardust of Yesterday (de Piaget, #9; de Paiget/MacLeod, #1)
  • Till There Was You (MacLeod, #8; De Piaget #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15)
“Damn it, but she hated it when her inner brown bunny came out to play. The” 0 likes