Start by marking “Keep (The Command, #2)” as Want to Read:
Keep (The Command, #2)

Keep (The Command #2)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  111 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Billionaire CEO Shawn Dunn has plenty of sex, power, and money. A woman turning down his advances? Unfathomable. Yet that’s what she does, again and again.

Kara Hayward is supposed to be off limits. Her sister is hiding from the dangerous assassin she escaped from, and it’s best for everyone if Shawn keeps his distance. Certainly as far as Kara is concerned. Shawn’s only af
Published November 21st 2014 by Shady Creek Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Keep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep

Carlene Inspired
4.5 Stars
I highly suggest reading Stay prior to reading Keep.
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
Check out the new covers for The Command Stories on Carlene Inspired.

Keep is the second novel in The Command series and the dangerous criminal, Juric, is at it again. This time Shawn Dunn, CEO of Osterhagen Brewing, is trying to protect the women he has an attraction for. Kara Hayward is Laurel's older sister, though just as spunky she's been weighed down by marital problems for years. Thou
Rachel
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really like this series. My one wish is that the epilogues were about the people we just read about. I know it's getting us ready for the next book but I love a good epilogue. I need to say goodbye to the characters with an epilogue.... How many times can I wrote epilogue in one review? Epilogue epilogue
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After enjoying Stay more than I had any other book of this genre I held a copy of this very apprehensively in my hands for a couple of days, too scared to start. When you absolutely adore the opening book to a series there is always a niggling worry that it’s follow up just won’t live up to your expectations. But I knew once I’d reached the end of this is that I will absolutely buy anything Karyn Lawrence ever releases, this book was positively amazing! Although you can easily read this as a sta ...more
 Spanxmcb (Yovanka)
This is a great romantic suspense series! Action-packed. This is Kara and Shawn's story.

The Hayward sisters are strong and feisty hellcats on the outside with sweet marshmallowy interiors, and Kara, Laurel's big sister whom we met in Stay, does not disappoint. Shawn Dunn also proves himself a great leading man/alpha male, despite lacking the rugged exterior of his US Marshall baby-brother, Jason.

The action starts right from the beginning and really doesn't let up. Shawn and Kara had some fantast
Vivian Jane ✯
In her eyes it was clear: That was the moment Kara decided she did not like Shawn Dunn. It was the same moment he decided he was going to have to sleep with her.
Victoria
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it

Excited to see this is now LIVE and available to borrow through Kindle Unlimited ~ SCORE!
Julie
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
Keep by Karyn Lawrence is a 2014 Shady Creek publishing release. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I had no idea what to expect when I started this book other than it was listed as a romantic suspense novel. This is the second book in a series, but you can read it as a stand alone.

Well, I can tell you right up front, this is not the usual thing I think of when I think of RS. This one borders on the erotic side of contemporary romance for a good portion of the
Michelle Austin
Rating: 5stars out of 5
Blurb:

Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Well lookie here... I love Nikki Sloane. Her books are edgy, sexy, and super intense. I've been a huge fan since day one and now... she is back with her alter ego Karyn Lawrence who writes romantic suspense. And let me let you in a little secret.. she rocked it.

The Command series is one full of steam, passion, intensity, murder, mystery, suspense, and the twists don't stop coming until the pages stop flipping. Each book within this series is a complete standalone, but why start in the mi
Rachael
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first of the series, Stay, I had to jump RIGHT into Keep.

In Keep we get Kara’s story (Laurel’s sister) and that just so happens to be Shawn’s story (Jason’s brother) as well. The two coincidentally bump into each other in the states as Shawn continues his attempts at pursuing her. The chemistry between these two is just sizzling and I was pulled in from their first glance.

Shawn is seductive, wealthy and very manipulative. Or at least that is what Kara tells herself. When she i
Le Ann Foster
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
☆☆Reviewed by Hooked On Books and CherryOBlossoms Promotions ☆☆

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

Theresa Alberts
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Keep is the second book in Karyn Lawrences's Command Series and it is action packed with as much mystery and danger as the first book. This book will keep you on your toes wondering what comes next!

Kara Heyward is Laurel's sister and the object of Jason's brother Shawn's never ending lust. Meeting because their siblings are in love and being thrown together once they were married does not make Kara want to give in to Shawn's blunt advances. After a divorce she still thinks about, Kara has no int
She Hearts Books
Shawn is pursuing Kara with everything he has when they learn that the monster who terrorized her sister is now after her. They will go on the run to try and protect her, but like her sister she will have to face the monster to defeat him. I loved Shawn and Kara together. They were scorching hot and had such a great banter between them. I so enjoyed their story. It was my favorite of the three in the series.

I give Keep 5 hearts!
Tara Anderton
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a giveaway and it got lost at the bottom of my 'too read' pile. I picked it up last week and decided to read it! It was a really good book - I don't normally read this genre but I really enjoyed the plot and storyline and suspense! Shawn was my favourite character for obvious reasons :-)
Diane Hoover
May 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
I really would like to like this author but she just doesn't have self-control. I didn't hate this book, but there are some glaring issues that make it impossible to rate it well. First, the characters are not fully developed. Juric was this truly psychotic character but we never knew what made him tick or why he was brutal one minute, controlling the next and then he'd have these moments of vulnerability. What? why? Was he really a paid assassin? Then why did that story get introduced in book o ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

I don’t know how but this story kicked this series into even higher gear!

I loved the first book and couldn’t wait – could not wait! – for Shawn’s story. He was the sexy supportive brother and did everything he could to help Jason and Laurel find their way. As they are moving forward in their relationship, Shawn can’t help the attraction he has for Laurel’s sister Kara. Even if the hostility she feels for him is anything but subtle…

“She seemed to view him as an opponent and he enjoyed that.”

If
Caro
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars.

This story follows some months later after the end of the first book in the series. In this opportunity, the story centers on Kara, Laurel’s sister (the main character in the previous book); and on Shawn, Jason’s brother (the hero in the previous book).

I gotta say, I’m not sure I completely liked Shawn. He wasn’t a bad guy, but I felt like was a controlling ass with no real reason for it. I felt like slapping him on more than one occasion, although little by little he showed himself
Treena Ross - Rockstar Book Muse
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes suspense and romance
4.5 stars of Suspense Chemistry and Love

Keep the second in The Command Series by Karyn Lawrence did not disappoint.

Karyn has a great writing style that just brings you in from the beginning and doesn't let you go until the very last word. In this second book this is the Romance story of Shawn and Kara. Let me say this is not a typical romance series even in the first book it is a very different kind of romance.

Shawn the big CEO of a major brewery is hot sexy and very much in control of everythin
Books Laid Bare
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was keen to get stuck into this, after finishing of the first book, I was left with a want that I needed to resolve. A n itch that I just had to scratch so to speak, I hoped that this would fill in the emotional gaps that I was nursing and boy did it!
Kara is Laurels sister and Shawn is Shawn is Jason’s brother, small world eh!
The chemistry between this pair was scorching, and despite what they might have been telling themselves, or at least what Kara was saying, there wasn’t a hope in heck th
E.M. Summers
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Title: Keep
Author: Karyn Lawrence
Series: The Command #2
Genre: romantic suspense
Rating: ****

Although this book can be read as a standalone, I would recommend reading Stay, the first in the series, beforehand as it will fill in some backstory and you will enjoy this so much more. This second instalment follows Shawn and Kara, just a few months after the end of the previous book.

I enjoyed this book a lot more in comparison to its predecessor; it reflects a more mature writing style, and replaces th
Yanilsa Griffin~BFD Bookblog
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reviews
*Book provided in exchange for an honest review*
4 solid full of adventure stars
POV- alternating between main character/ 3rd person

I will say, I was curious about how the author would take this book and move the story forward. It did not disappoint!

This book should not be read as a standalone, since it continues the story from the previous book in the series.
Keep is mainly about Kara, Laurel's sister and Shawn, Jason's brother. Both characters are formidable and headstrong. The way they were in
Hooked On Books
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I gave this book 4.5 stars!

This series keeps getting better and better. From the first chapter we start getting the twist and turns of Kara and Shawn to the surprises that you don't see coming. The characters both have a love/hate relationship that keeps you drawn in to see if hate or love will win out. The store line continues out of the first book, but with all the extras you didn't see coming. So you better be ready to hold on because this book takes a lot of bumps, bruises and drama to the
Erin Lewis
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
With her sister in hiding Kara Hayward doesn’t have time for men; after all her ex-husband walked away and she cannot believe that Shawn Dunn would be any different.
Again, there is plenty of action and suspense, throw in romance and to me it is a winning combination.
Kara is a feisty woman, determined to survive, although having said that she is scared of the attraction she feels towards Shawn. The chemistry between Kara and Shawn that was building in Stay certainly continues in Keep.
Their relat
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for billionaire CEO's, so reading Stay was something that I was looking forward to. And boy was I right, this book is full of temptation, suspense, action, and oh so much sexiness.

I couldn't put it down once I started. Shawn is an alpha that got my heart racing. Kara getting her life back together and the last thing she wants is to pursue a relationship with anyone. But Shawn's a man that goes after what he wants and he'll do whatever it takes to protect her, love her, and make her
Monique Tinline
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

This series keeps getting better and better, though Keep can be read as a stand alone I would highly recommend reading Stay first.

The twists and turns in this book kept me hooked.

I loved the love/hate relationship between Kara and Shawn, though he is demanding and intimidating I loved she could hold her own.

The epilogue was the only thing that let it down, I would have liked to have seen it round up the book and not start the next one

Pop Fizz Clink Read
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: french-sparkle
Addictive! Suspenseful! Riveting! Three books for an impressive series!
Wow! This series is addictive; jam packed with suspense from the very first page. Your heart thumping enigmatic mystery. Each book having a new form of the perplexing riddle continuing the story & charters flawlessly. Massive romance, steamy electrifying passion that we know so well and love from Nikki Sloane all mixed with riveting drama & conundrums. You're on the edge of your seat for each book. Reading this serie
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wanting what you can't have is a challenge for Shawn, but wanting Kara can mean more than just getting caught up in an unwanted affair. Kara ins't aware that she is in danger from the same man that is after her sister Laurel, but caught in the assassins cross hairs is where she finds herself.
Now, Shawn wants more than just her body, he wants her and to keep her he needs to keep her safe from danger.
More excitement as we follow Shawn and Laurel on the run hiding from the man that was after her si
Nikki
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great "romantic suspense" read. It's the 2nd book in The Command series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I think you should read Stay first. The main characters, Kara & Shawn are introduced in Stay. Kara's a good female lead - strong and feisty. Shawn is a perfect CEO Alpha male.
This book is action-packed with explosions, bad guys, car chases, sexual tension. Action scenes are extremely well-written, and it feels like you're in the chase with the characters.
Looking forward to reading th
Patti
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Karyn Lawrence. This is a the second book and the author did a great job transitioning into the new characters who are the brother and sister of the main characters from Stay. Again, once I started I could not put the book down. It kept me on the edge of my seat as Kara tried to keep her independence while in hiding from Juric. The book incorporates romance, a chase, and some heated scenes. Karyn ended this book with a great set-up for Surrender which I cannot wait for!
Megdelasur
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful, romantic, action-packed

Genuinely enjoyed this sequel to Keep. The romantic storyline kept you wishing for a HEA, while the villain kept pushing it away. I liked the dual pov noted by the icons and loved the alpha hero who pushed too far but never crossed a line. Great read!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Own Me (Rent Me #2)
  • Fallon's Revenge
  • Awkward in Love
  • Silver Bella (Mercenary/Goddard Project #1)
  • Seize (St. Martin Family Saga: Emergency Responders, #2)
  • Stripped Bare (Bare Love, #7)
  • Beast Next Door (Beast Brothers, #1)
  • Fire & Ice
  • Make Me a Match, vol. 2 (Make Me a Match)
  • The Next Call
  • Love Complicated (Game, Set, Match, #1)
  • Don't Stop Believing (Silver Pines, #1)
  • Covert Affairs (Lowell High School, #2)
  • Deep Indigo (The Orion Series Book 4)
  • Floggers' Holiday Sale
  • Storm Warning (Security Specialists International #4)
  • Rebound Remedy
Karyn Lawrence is an author, graphic designer, and screenwriter. She published the nonfiction book for children: “Techniques of Color Guard” after an editor discovered her color guard blog; way back in the infancy of the Internet and long before blogging was a thing.

She has been a screenplay writer for more than fifteen years, with rather mild success, and grew tired of her stories only reaching a
More about Karyn Lawrence

The Command (3 books)
  • Stay (The Command, #1)
  • Surrender (The Command, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Can you keep her safe?” Jason asked. “Of course.” Shawn could picture the dubious expression on Jason’s face on the other end of the phone. “And does that include keeping her safe from your dick?” 4 likes
“I know my body.” “You do?” he said. “Well, this is my body now.” 1 likes