Start by marking “The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1)

The Hooker and the Hermit

(Rugby #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  23,766 ratings  ·  2,444 reviews
Book #1 in the USA TODAY BESTSELLING Rugby Series

New York’s Finest
Blogging as *The Socialmedialite*
April 22
LADIES AND GENTS! I have an announcement!

You know that guy I featured on my blog a few months ago? The really, really hot Irish rugby player who plays the position of ‘hooker’ in the RLI (Rugby League International)? The one with the anger managemen/>
New
Published February 2nd 2015 by Smashwords (first published January 20th 2015)

The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyManwhore by Katy EvansKyland by Mia Sheridan
Top Romances Of 2015
547 books — 2,360 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasConfess by Colleen HooverThe Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsThe Mistake by Elle Kennedy
Best Books of 2015
2,871 books — 5,141 voters

More lists with this book...

·  23,766 ratings  ·  2,444 reviews

Christy
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 ‘Bollocks, bitches, and Battlestar Galactica’ stars!

photo 9c31f242-7814-4fe4-9ab4-4c5a77ec9cb7_zpsa9322c9a.jpg

The collaboration of Penny Reid and L.H. Cosway (two authors who's other books I adore) was just fantastic. The Hooker and the Hermit exceeded my expectations. It was funny, as I expected, but also fresh, unique, fun, sexy and clever. The hero and heroine were both characters I loved. Thi
Mo
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thanks for the flag, whoever you were - its much appreciated...

I love Penny Reid. Just saying. My little gif here was prior to reading the book in reference to Penny sending me an ARC. I love L.H. just as much for writing the book.

Thanks Penny for the ARC. It was much appreciated.

Being Irish, I know my rugby. To be honest, being Irish, you are either a Rugby aficionado, a GAA aficionado or a Football (soccer) aficionado. Growing up, I was NOT a rugby aficionado. T
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
5,000 Top Shelf, "Shit, Shit, Star Wars" Stars

I fucking LOVED this book.

Seriously...Every. Single. Second.

If I could string the words that comprised this book into a roll of yarn I would make a damned blanket out of it and wrap myself up forever.

This thing was like the best rom-com you've ever seen. With a dash of off the chain sexual tension, a sprinkling underpinning of awesomely geek-tastic witticisms, and a underlying mega dose of solidarity for all of us GR freaks who interact through our computers day in and day out.

Plus
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
5 stars!!

description

I’m seriously at a loss for words to describe just how much I adored this book. From the catchy cover to the whip-smart writing to the endearing characters…everything about this story was absolute perfection! I’ve already read it twice now, and highlighted nearly 75% of the book filled with unforgettable quotes that made me laugh or swoon.
Catarina
5 +++ Stars!
(I really wish I could give more!)

Annie is a girl who likes to live in solitude and is used to be alone. Ironically, her job is to clean the “public image” of celebrities and she is pretty good doing that. She’s also the anonymous face behind the “Socialmedialite” alter-ego, an extreme famous and successful site about celebrities. Ronan is an Irish rugby player that went through a rough phase and now’s being portrayed as the “rugby bad boy”. Until the waters run dry, he’s taking a break in NY and he hi
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
★★★★★5 STARS★★★★★

description

What a sweet and funny story! “The Hooker and the Hermit” was such a fantastic read. It really has everything – a great premise, a good solid, unpredictable plot, two endearing characters and exquisite writing. A standalone collaborative romance, “The Hooker and the Hermit” tells the story of Annie (the hermit) and Ronan (the hooker).

So who’s Annie? Annie is the primary p
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

"Let's be unprofessional together, Annie."

[image error]

This was a wonderfully clever, witty, snarky and sweet story. Annie is the intelligent endearing hermit and Ronan is the dirty talking, witty, rugby god. The writing was TOP SHELF and completely enjoyable. I highlighted tons of exchanges between the two lovable main characters, here’s just one that made me smile…

"Ronan: You gonna let me inside you tonight, love? I could just imagine her blushing.

Annie: Isn’t that more of a fourth or fifth date kind of thing?

Ronan: I’m Iri
smile…
Stars
Patrycja

Title: The Hooker and The Hermit
Series: Standalone (for now)
Author: L H Cosway & Penny Reid

Reid
Releasenow)
Hermit
Sleepless Readmore
Blogging as "Sleepless, Readmore"
February 15

Ronan and Annie

description

GOODREADS COMMUNITY! You know the novel The Hooker and the Hermit that's been in my "to read" for weeks now? Well .. I read it! A helluva way to spend the big V-DAY .. V♥LENTINES D♥Y (THAT IS). It's the one with the Irish hunk and the brunette BOMBSHELL.

I have a few items to share with you all ...

THE PLOT
What a collaboration. L...
THE15
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

DNF at 12% - I just can't bring myself to go further because yes, it was that bad.

Yeah, you saw correctly, I just rated a book I didn't finish, and trust me, I thought about it for a while before taking this decision - but I couldn't help. Edit : YES, I do think that I'm still able to judge this book, or his crappy male-lead, because this kind of behavior speaks for itself, no matter what will happen in the rest of the story. Stop telling me that I don't get it.

Let me explain : basically, this book - sorry, the first 12% of this boit.
Let
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{BR with Mel and Sharon}

photo a1080a1adf3a52c83277aa5feda04a9d_zpsnpql9rja.jpg

I absolutely LOVED this book!!! I have only read one of Penny Reid's books but I definitely became a fan as soon as I finished it. AND, I have yet to read any books by L.H. Cosway, but I've heard many wonderful things about her works. I think these two authors made a PERFECT team!!

Annie Catrel, is an extreme introvert. She has a blog in which she posts
Brandi
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: laugh-out-loud
4.5 Stars

description

This collaboration kicked ass! I seriously had a smile on my face throughout this read. Witty and clever, the writing, the characters, everything was just brilliant. A dirty talking, Irish, rugby player and a sweet, shy, and intelligent blogger, what's not to love?

"I feel like I could lose myself and find myself in you."

The Hooker and the Hermit
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carol [Goodreads Addict] by: Dali from TJLovesToReadli from TJLovesToRead
The Hooker and the Hermit is by L.H. Cosway and Penny Reid. This book is just…WOW! Super sexy, funny, sweet, heart breaking and so much more. I had been seeing it around but the title threw me. No, it’s not about a prostitute. A Hooker is a rugby player. But no, this book isn’t really a sports book either. It’s about two people, both suffering in their own ways, both isolated and both needing each other. They just didn’t know it yet. This book had a sort of “You’ve Got Mail” feel at times. Hilar ...more
Jasmine
5+ STARS!! ★★★★★

"All that matters is that I have you. The rest is background noise."

I've always been wary when reading a collaborative work but with this dynamic duo, all I can say is that they absolutely need to produce more babies like this in the near future! My first read from LH Cosway being Six of Hearts was an absolute huge winner for me and although I haven't read any of Penny Reid's work yet (thisclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Mysza
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**** 4,5 stars ****

This book was a perfect combination of steam, humor and romance. I loved the plot and writing. It was nice to see those two very different characters connect and make their relationship work.

Annie, the Hermit, was quiet and socially awkward. She never had anyone to count on, the girl didn't have it easy growing up alone. "I wanted him to curl up on the bed and spoon me. I'd never been spooned - I'd only been forked and knifed." She was also sweet and cute in her awkwardness.

Ronan, the Hooker - rugby's reluct
Dee Montoya
*****5++++ Ultralicious Stars*****
(ARC kindly provided by author Penny Reid <3)

The Hooker and The Hermit is the love child between two amazing authors, well known for always bringing us wonderful stories. Penny Reid (Knitting in The City series) and L.H Cosway (Painted Faces, Killer Queen, Six of Hearts, among other great titles) collaborated to create a book that combines the best of both writing styles and brains. From the moment you start reading you can pick up on the fact that these two awesome chicas had a great ti<3)
TheStars*****
(ARC
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US - http://amzn.to/1CRHMVb
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1zvdIhk

I can't explain how much I enjoyed this book, it was just that good. With top notch writers such as LH Cosway and Penny Reid, the standards are set high already and this collaboration succeeded way beyond my expectations.

Annie is a hermit, she is introverted and shy. She mainly works from home and her only real friends are virtual. She is extremely intelligent aexpectations.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ TOP SHELF ! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
( Brona scale is going to stay, just saying.)

Arc kindly offered by the authors in exchange for an honest review.
Review to be posted closer to release date...

This book... LH + Penny = ❤

Here's a little casting...

PRE-ORDER ON AMZ : CLICK !
Geri Reads
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 eclair stars!

It is no secret how much I love Penny Reid's writing. As I've said before, she writes the kind of stories and characters I want to read. LH Cosway is a new-to-me author. Meaning this is my first book from her. Don't look at me like that. I plan to rectify that oversight in near future.

The Hooker and the Hermit is the first collaboration from these two authors, and I have to say that their writing style complemented each other very well. So it's no surprise that I enjoyed this
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachel Reads Ravenously by: S.M. West
4.25 Bollocks, bitches, and Battlestar Galactica stars!

"I want you free. I want you wild. I want you brave. I want you any way I can get you."

photo hookerandthehermit.png

***First off I want to clarify something, in the title Hooker does not stand for prostitution, it's a sports position in rugby! I just wanted to put that out there because when this book started blowing up Goodreads, I honestly thought it was a about a lady of the night.***

Now that that's cleared up, OMIGOSH THIS BOOK WAS SUCH A FUN READ!!! I adored Six of Hea
Beverly
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are not enough words to show how much I truly loved this story. Hooker and the Hermit had every element I love in a story. It was smart, witty, sexy, and written beautifully. It was so easy to get lost in this world with Annie and Ronan, so much so that I never wanted the story to end.

At first glance Annie and Ronan seem completely different, but as the story progresses it’s easy to see that regardless of their differences they are perfect for each other.

Annie is a hermit. She is shy, introver
Christie«SHBBblogger»
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

Title: The Hooker and the Hermit
Series: Standalone
Author: L.H. Cosway and Penny Reid
Release date: February 5, 2015
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I couldn't wait to see the dynamic that these to talented authors would create. Would their fictional offspring (so to speak) be everything I was expecting? Or a completely new creation? TNo
stars
2015
Reid
ReleaseStandalone
Hermit
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Honestly, if I were rating this audiobook exclusively based on the narrators... I'd totally give it a 6 lol. I may or may not be crushing on the male narrator's sexy as hell accent (got me all melty but don't tell the hubby). My first voice crush (yay!)... Well, second if you count Patrick Stewart reading a few lines in Amy Poehler's book haha. Anyhow, I liked this story quite a bit. Ronan is a professional rugby bad boy who is trying to rebuild his image after he kicked his teammate's @$$. Anni ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: L.H. Cosway Fans, Penny Reid Fans, Romance
4.5 When Delight Meets Joy Stars
* * * * 1/2 Holy Rugby Balls-It's FREE for a Limited Time!!!
Spoiler Free
If you want an in depth look about this book, please look to all the other amazing reviews out there... and I say with confidence you will find what you need in wit, charm and graphics. My review is going to be more about the pleasure I experienced by the collaboration of the two authors, L.H. Cosway and Penny Reid.

You have Penny Reid who is the best in my book of creating brilliant, quirky people. She develops them so well; tTime!!!
Spoiler
Katerina
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Bollocks,bitches,and Battlestar Galactica, I am officially torn.

I absolutely loved the first half,I was certain I'd give it 5 glorious stars.But then the second half happened and my enthusiasm wavered and was replaced by frustration and discomfort.Ι do suspect though that it's a "not you it's me" case,so don't trust me that much!

I will explain,don't worry.But first,let's meet the characters.
“He is the brightest shining star of rugby.He has the pcharacters.
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 I haven't had this much fun in forever STARS

“Let's be unprofessional together, Annie.”

Reading this book was the best decision I made all week. What an amazing change from the fucked up twisty stuff I read before. I definitely need to remind myself to pick up some funny books every once in a while. In fact, if any of you have similar recs for me, that would be highly appreciated.

But let's talk about The Hookerclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
♥Sharon♥
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Penny Reid and L.H. Cosway are two pretty amazing authors. Penny is that type of author that shines with each book that she writes. There is a certain sense of comfort I have come to expect in her books. She always surprises me though with her wit and sensitivity that she lends to her characters. And with L.H. her writing gives you a sense of genuineness and warmth. Her books are always so vivid and passionate that you can’t help but devour them. Her words just suck you in and you get tangled in
Didi
4.5 STARS!

Can I just say how awesome it was to read a compilation between, A) One of my favorite writers, and B) The author of Six of Hearts, one of my most delicious and favorite books of 2014?!

I felt PR's voice here, it's so unique and so refreshing. I have loved EVERYTHING she's put out there and this was no exception. L.H Cosway also has a beautiful and addictive style I've come to admire and will definitely be checking out her other books.
So the Hooker and the Hermi
Claire Robinson
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "I prefer a woman who swallows, but spitting doesn't bother me much." Stars!

It is difficult to adequately put into words just how much I loved The Hooker and the Hermit. L. H. Cosway has been an author that I massively crush over for a while now, but I find myself needing to add Penny Reid to that well thumbed, slightly dog eared, but nonetheless cherished list as well after this book.

This story snuck up on me if I am honest, a
Jeanne
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it

I have so many friends who wrote amazing reviews for this book, I almost feel like I don't have much to add. So, I decided to channel my inner Annie and share some of my important research on Rugby players with my favorite online friends. The first thing I found out, is that I'm team New Zealand. I'll explain with pictures,

So yeah, it was a hard day of research, but someone had to do it!

"Amiright, ladies?" <33

YA Buddy Readers'...: The Hooker and The Hermit by L.H. Cosway - Starting July 15th, 2018 9 11 Jul 16, 2018 04:55PM
Romance Best Books of the Month 2 14 Mar 24, 2018 12:21AM
Weekly Romance Gr...: April 18th 39 13 Apr 20, 2016 08:45AM
Sharks of Awesome: The Hooker and the Hermit 10 65 Jul 26, 2015 04:45AM
Bargain Basement: Signed Books 1 4 Feb 12, 2015 07:43AM
Kindle Lending: Signed Books 1 3 Feb 12, 2015 07:42AM

• Scenes from the City (Knitting in the City, #4.5)
  • Running Barefoot
  • The Do-Over
  • Kulti
  • Not Another Vampire Book (Not Another Vampire, #1)
  • The Slayer (Untamed Hearts, #2)
  • Avoiding Amy Jackson (Infamous, #2)
  • Rock Hard (Rock Kiss, #2)
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Apples Should Be Red
  • Skygods (Hydraulic, #2)
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LHCosway

Mailing List: https://lhcoswayauthor.com/newsletter/

Pinterest

Rugby (4 books)
  • The Player and the Pixie (Rugby, #2)
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • The Varlet and the Voyeur (Rugby, #4)
“Dearest Annie,
Roses are red. Violets are blue. I’m using my hand But I’m thinking of you.
- Ronan

P.S. Just to clarify, I’m using my hand to write this note…get your mind out of the gutter.”
89 likes
“I wanted to high-five the fuck out of myself then do a victory dance. But I didn’t, because, you know, manly.” 61 likes