Start by marking “Dare to Love” as Want to Read:
Dare to Love

Dare to Love

Nivea is determined to convince Lord Landis love and betrayal are not synonymous.

The only tangible benefit Dare Landis has of finally claiming the title of Marquis of Raynsforth will be that the current marquis has finally gone to the Devil where he belongs. Until then, Lord Landis will continue to enjoy life on his own terms…as a heartless rake who’s beholden to no one.

Ni
Published December 1st 2014 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Dare to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare to Love

Start your review of Dare to Love
Kiltsandswords
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dare to Love by Alleigh Burrows
Overview by Amazon:
Nivea Horsham knows there’s more to Dare than he reveals to the world. She’s
Farrah
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully romantic, sweetly emotional historical romance, Dare to Love was a brilliant read that I absolutely loved. I expected a standard rake/wallflower romance going into it, but it turned out to be more than that and I really enjoyed it.

Nivea was a wonderful heroine. She was definitely outside of the mold. Heavy-set, somewhat plain and too sweet to trade sharp set downs with the rest of the nobles, she was a different type of heroine. And, that's what made her a more memorable character.
Sylvia
Nivea Horsham is a little plump wallflower with a very gracious heart. She knows she is different from the rest of her family. Nivea has a strong familial bond. When her young sister is about to get married, they ask her brother's friend, Lord Adair Landis to escort Nivea to their county home. Nivea always had an infatuation on Lord Landis since childhood. Lord Landis always has his good looks and his charm when all the women would flock to him. Beneath all that beauty, he was bitter. He has a r ...more
Eva
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Another book I got for an honest review and yes, I enjoyed reading it.
This one was my first Alleigh Burrows book and it seems like it’s her first one. If I am right, she isn’t the 0815 writer, she has characters in her books that are different from the ones in other books. Of course the rake is a cliché but the female is different. More about that later.

The story isn’t that complicated.
Nivea’s sister is getting married and she has to travel from London to the Horsham family home. Dare Landis,
Gaele
A debut novel from Alleigh Burrows, I enjoyed the story and the writing, I’m just not so sure that I loved the hero. Going in I knew that this story was a wallflower / rake story, I just was not aware how well that Burrows would play with the formula that has served others so well for so long.

Nivea is a wallflower, staying in the background for her is part social shunning and part personal choice. A bit on the heavy side for the taste of her time, not gorgeous and stunning, quiet and endearing
bookaholic ge
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hmmm how did I feel about this book...I really really loved it!

Now I must admit at first I really disliked Dare, he was extremely selfish and vain for pretty much the first 2-3 chapters. But eventually you see why, and then his carefully crafted facade slowly crumbles. Nivea was the polar opposite of Dare she was completely selfless. She thought of others before herself and saw the good in everyone.

This book was fun and sexy. Nothing better that a good girl jumping over to the wild side for the
Amy Alvis
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Nivea Horsham has been in love with Dare Landis, the Marquis of Raynsforth, since she was introduced to him. When Nivea's step-mother arranges for Dare to share a ride with her, she hopes that this will be the time that he notices her.

Dare is not ready to settle down even when all of his friends are. He likes that he is a rake and beholden to no one. But will what happens at the wedding he is attending change all that?

I'm going to be honest. I thought I would really like this story based on the
Amanda Richardson
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, this book is a hard book for me to review because while I liked the writing and the heroine, I despised the "hero". Nivea has been in love from afar with her brother's best friend, Dare, for years. Nivea's step-mother arranges for Dare and Nivea to travel together in a coach to Nivea's sister's wedding in the country. Dare is basically appalled that he will have to spend time with plain, plump, dowdy, on-the-shelf Nivea.
Nivea is over the moon about spending time with Dare, she just wa
M.K. Schiller
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It’s been so long since I’ve read a regency. I’d almost forgotten what I loved about them, but this book helped me remember: The language. Beautiful, poetic language that you almost want to read aloud because it’s too gorgeous to be stuck in your head. That’s what Alleigh Burrows delivers.
But that’s not all.
This book had a great character arch. A shy but adorable spinster heroines who has a few extra pounds (who couldn’t relate to that). Nivea Horsham was a divine character full of strength an
Lesia Chambliss
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviewed
I absolutely loved this book. The main character, Lord Landis "Dare" is very complex, he carries many secrets that the author thoroughly explores to depths that not many have gone too. He is a torchered soul in need of love, unbeknownst to him his best friends sister, Nivea has been in love with him since she first met him. He's a love 'em and leave 'em kind of guy, never letting anyone get too close, not even friends. Most see Nivea Horsham as plain and on the shelf. Little do they really know ...more
Margaret Sholders
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is Alleigh' s debut book. I am sure there will be more in the future. I liked this story. She must have worked hard to develop this devilishly rough rake. There are lots of ups and downs with all her people with spoilers on the side. Lord Landis, Dare, knew Nivea. She had a crush on him for years. She worked hard to get close to him. He would ignore and tease her. HE was never getting married. HE would never fall in love. Nivea was plumper than prime ladies should be. Then she discovered th ...more
P.H. Turner
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved how Dare grew from a mistreated childhood into a man comfortable with his feelings and his ability to express his love for a woman. And Nivvy grew also, into a confident, direct woman who blazes a different trail from the herd in this Regency romance.
Well written and engaging, Ms. Burrows has created a cadre of unique characters interacting believably in Dare to Love. Entertaining all the way to a sweet ending.
Vina Arno
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nivea is a good-hearted woman and a sympathetic character. She’s just the right heroine to change the rakish ways of Lord Landis. I was definitely rooting for her when she started riding a horse and losing weight! I’ve never read historical romance before. I’m glad I chose “Dare to Love” as my first.
Lisa Hertsenberg
Cheering for the Girl

The writing had a wonderful amount of romance, and a historical storyline. I found myself routing for Nivea and her quiet, charming personality to win over Dare's heart. The love scenes were exciting to read because of the chances they took, and the ability to let themselves go with no inhibitions. Way to go Nivea!
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am on the fence with this novel. There were many parts that I liked, but many times I was confused. Please read my full review at my blog:

Andi
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hard to resist a reformed rake! I'm not a regular reader of historicals, but I thoroughly enjoyed this story and read well past my bedtime 3 nights in a row to finish it. Nicely done, Alleigh. I look forward to your next book!
Cindra Amundsen
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well written with interesting and different characters. I really enjoyed reading about a less the perfect heroin who has a little meat on her:-)
Isha Coleman
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A story of love, redemption and forgiveness. Nivea and Dare have a beautiful love story. You will not be able to put this book down.HIGHLY RECOMMEND READ.
Dianna
Feb 11, 2015
Sally A. Zimmerman
Dec 27, 2014
RomLibrary

Nivea Horsham knows there’s more to Dare than he reveals to the world. She’s loved him since her older brother brought his ridi
Cyn000
Jan 17, 2017
Sall_lukas
Jun 24, 2016
Kgrrl
Dec 31, 2014
Gina
rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2016
dolores boersma
Dec 26, 2014
Krissy Daniels
Aug 24, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 20, 2015 11:41AM
Alleigh Burrows grew up around Exit 11 (it's a Jersey thing), but now lives just east of the Mason Dixon line (can you tell she loves offbeat trivia?)

More importantly, Alleigh loves romance novels. For years she tore through anything she could find—mainly regency romances, but would never pass up a hot Navy SEAL, an overbearing Scotsman, or shape-shifting feline.

After reading a particularly intrig