Start by marking “The Twelve Dates of Christmas - The Complete Novel” as Want to Read:
The Twelve Dates of Christmas - The Complete Novel

The Twelve Dates of Christmas - The Complete Novel

At thirty, Claudia's life is stale and the romance with long-term boyfriend, Seth, has disappeared. Determined to inject some festive spark back into their love life, Claudia and Seth go on their first date in a very long time. But when the night ends in disaster, Claudia suddenly finds herself facing life - and Christmas - alone.

Life alone is exciting, scary and full of
Published October 6th 2014 by Sphere

Be the first to ask a question about The Twelve Dates of Christmas - The Complete Novel

Start your review of The Twelve Dates of Christmas - The Complete Novel
Catherine
Dec 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
I have been itching to burst with things to say about this for as long as I have been reading it, and now that it’s finally over, I cannot wait to combust.

WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN THOUGH? Ugh. So, this book starts off with a 30 year old named Claudia who is getting ready to go out on a “big date” with her boyfriend of 5 years, Seth. You kind of get the impression that their romantic life is lackluster, so she’s trying hard to do the most to impress him as she’s getting ready. Then you’re
Melisa
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: women-s-fiction
Lisa Dickenson is the queen of comedic dialogue. No other author has made me laugh out loud like this.

Such a festive, happy, hilarious rom-com. Slightly reminiscent of Bridget Jones.

You may ask, but why, Melisa, are you reading a Christmas book in September? My answer is this: I am sick of the heat, I'm ready for the holiday season and I wanted to laugh...and Lisa Dickenson is a sure thing when it comes to laughter! Can't wait for her latest Christmas book coming out next month. Still keeping my
Holly
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
This was the perfect Christmas book to read. I loved the whole book and all the characters, with the exception of douchebag Seth! Nick, now him? I want to marry him (apologies to my already husband)....swooning. Oh...and how I would love to experience Christmas in England! This book made it seem so magical. I'm glad I remembered that I had this on my Nook because it made me smile, laugh, feel good this holiday season, and it was so heartwarming. Loved!!!
Danny
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
4.5/5 you know what? this was actually really good! I loved Nick and Claudia. i loved the little bits of drama here and there. i loved how cheesy, predictable and festive this was! i wouldnt want anything more out of Christmas book. Happy to begin 2019 with a great read.

Thank god 1/3 of the holiday books that i bought was actually decent. Guess i was subconsciously saving the best for last!
Agi
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015

Lisa Dickenson has arrived on the literature scenes and stolen my heart with a bang - I can read her books again and again and never have enough. We can say that "The Twelve Dates of Christmas" is her debut novel, as this story was published in 2013 in a six - part series, but it is now being published as a complete, brand new shiny paperback, and when it finally arrived on my doorstep (I've lost my hope for a moment, to be honest, as it took the book soooo long to find me!) it was really like
Christy
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I felt like something a bit lighter after reading a ton of crime, and what better to give me a warm fuzzy feeling than some Christmas romance!

In the run up to Christmas Claudia finds her relationship falling apart, and is struggling with her ambitions and plans for life. With the help of her best friends Nick and Penny she decides to live a little and go on a series of dates, trying things she wouldn't usually, and hoping to figure out what it is she wants for the future.

Well written, with
Alexandra  A
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
The only thing I liked about this was how British it felt! The setting made me reminisce on my time spent in London and made me miss it even more

Didn’t really relate to the characters or the plot. I found it quite blah. Oh well, I’m sure it’ll make a great book club discussion! (The crappy books always do)
Rebecca
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally reviewed on http://beccasbooooks.blogspot.co.uk/2...

This is the very first novel by the wonderful Lisa Dickenson that I've had the pleasure of reading, and I have to say that it has been a complete and utter joy! There has been so much talk of this novel floating about on social media, so much so that I really couldn't wait to disappear inside.

In The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson, we're introduced to Claudia, a wonderfully amusing yet endearing character who I loved
Simona
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought-not-read
Yay, another Lisa Dickenson story!!! I loved her four party story You Had Me At Merlot, Lisa is a brilliant author and I was really excited to read this book! I wanted to read it last year already, but somehow time came in the way…

The story follows Claudia, she was a lovely character to read about. Very passionate, funny and lovable. I liked her from the start. Her first date of Christmas goes terribly wrong and she breaks up with long-term boyfriend Seth. I was glad she did that, he is a
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on:> http://lauraslittlebookblog.blogspot....

Out of all of Lisa's books, hands down, The Twelve Dates of Christmas is my ALL time favourite of hers. It has everything you could want from a Christmas book. It's light-hearted, it's funny, it's cosy and it literally has the ability to feel all Christmassy and festive no matter what month of the year it is!
The Twelve Dates of Christmas was originally released as a 6 part ebook series back in 2013 and I got up to date 6 before my
Ana (thestarslisten)
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
*SPOILER ALERT!*

This is my Christmas read! It's my second holiday book. I only read a holiday book during Christmas and for the last couple of years I've been reading Let it Snow by John Green and two other authors.

This was a really fun and festive read for the season. This will be a unique style of review. Since the title is obviously from the classic song, I'll be listing down Claudia's dates! But they can't be sung in tune -- I tried.

On the first date of Christmas my boyfriend gave to me, a
Shelby
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It’s the holiday season and Seth and Claudia are finally going on a proper date to the ballet. It’s been forever since they’ve gone on a date. They always get caught up in the day-to-day mundane routines. After being together for years, Claudia wants to add some romance back into their relationship and this is the perfect place to start.

That is, until Seth and Claudia get into an argument on their date and Seth ends up dumping Claudia. Even worse, while Claudia is going home alone to sulk, she
Bloss ♡
Nov 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018, rubbish
This is total guff.

I haven't read a book this terrible in a long time. The only non-horrible aspects of it were the setting of London and the cover art. Don't waste your time with this. It's not funny, it's not charming and while it's set at Christmas, it's not what I would call "Christmassy". I do not recommend this and I have no idea how such an amateur story even got published.

I have outlined the reasons I find this the most egregious book I've read this year, below. Please be advised that
Claudia
Dec 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping that this book was going to be a cute little Christmas book, and I feel like it could have been. I like the idea and some parts were funny and had me laughing out loud (literally). But I swear every character seemed like the same person and very childish. For example, when Claudia was talking to her dad, it honestly felt like she was having a conversation with herself.
Mandy Black
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Lisa Dickenson. Her writing style makes characters come to life in a way that the reader can relate. She brings happiness, anger and lots of laughs to her books. I would definitely recommend her books if you want the feel good factor from a novel ...more
Zarina
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it

A few months ago I had the privilege to review Lisa Dickenson's snort-out-loud funny novel You Had Me At Merlot for Novelicious and so I was super excited when the complete version of her previous book, The Twelve Dates of Christmas, which was released last year in six bite-sized ebook novellas, arrived in my mailbox just in time for my annual three-month-long festive celebrations.

Twelve Dates does what it says on the tin, it chronicles main character
Rea Cobb
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ok there is a part of me that feels a little mad starting my festive reads in October but there are so many sparkly Christmas books coming out so I am starting early to try and get through as many as I can and when The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson arrived through the door this beautiful cover didn't take much to convince me to make a start.

Claudia is not living the life she thought she would be living, her job pays the bills but isn't what she wants to be doing and her
Jo Hughes
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Clara Diaz from Little Brown Books for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

When first introduced to Claudia she is wrestling with annoying underwear while trying to impress her live in boyfriend Seth. Things don't go to plan when he follows her into the loo at the Royal Ballet and flashed his willie before her face.

This is a beautiful written Christmas story from Lisa, I loved the concept of it being set around Twelve Christmas dates.
Emma
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Twelve Dates of Christmas is a funny, romantic and occasionally uncomfortably relatable delve into the British Christmas and relationships.

Told in third person narrative but with the focus on Claudia. The story follows Claudia's emotional journey following a messy break-up from a total douche after a five-year relationship. Claudia has a lot of self-esteem issues, she is one of those people who have visions of how things are supposed to happen in their heads and end up very disappointed
Zoe Hall
Apr 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
Despite reading this book in April (what can I say? I love Christmas!!) I enjoyed the premise of this book. 12 dates to find love over the Christmas period...what could possibly go wrong?

At the beginning of this book I had a few genuine laugh out loud moments. But as the book went on I felt it lost its spark. As I have said before, I am not an avid chick-lit reader, so maybe my issue with chick lit has hindered my view of this book as I haven't appeared to enjoy this book as much as others
Emily Price
Nov 27, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The main character in this book is a raving lunatic. Spraying perfume on her vagina was obviously not going to be for the best.

I felt at times the book was trying to be too much like Bridget Jones's Dairy. And some lines in the book were quotes that seemed suspiciously the same as quotes from Love Actually.

If something is described as 'yummy' I would expect that something to be some type of food. But in the book strange past times such as piggy backing are described as 'yummy'. Why would
Bev
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Date one for our heroine Claudia is with her boyfriend Seth - but turns out to be her last date with him as they break up after it. This prompts Claudia to embark on the search for someone else to share her life with, after a disastrous attempt to 'sex up' her existing underwear! I loved all the detail of the locations in London where the dates take place because I know and adore all of them, can't wait to visit them again this December. Claudia ends up with the right prince in the end but only ...more
Alistair
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Thirty year old Claudia has been living with Seth for five uneventful years. In an attempt to spice up their relationship, she proposes a "proper" date with Seth that has an unexpected outcome: Seth announces enough is enough and that he's leaving. Fortunately, Claudia has two besties (yes, we're in London), Penny and Nick who both offer plenty of love and support to a completely crushed Claudia. If you like a (fairly) predictable romance, and especially if you love Christmas time, you're the ...more
Evelyn
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Twelve Dates of Christmas is as warm as your favourite pair of gloves. Lisa Dickenson certainly deserves a warm hug from me and all the other reviewers out there for her adorable, hilarity-packed Christmas story. She is VERY talented, love her a lot! Devour this beautiful book over a mug of warm mulled wine and spiced shortbreads.
Sophie
Quick and fun, but it started to get on my nerves about 70% in and I skimmed the rest.

Full review to come.
Catsalive
Oct 29, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
How old is Claudia meant to be?! She must be around 30, but she seems to have the mental age of a 14 year old going by most of her antics here. What a load of rubbish. I couldn't finish it.
Jules (Never enough time to read)
A fun festive read.

It was totally cheesy and predictable but I really enjoyed it. I can't wait for my next Lisa Dickenson read.
Anne
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Goodness knows why I chose to carry on after the first chapter!
Sara
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first-ever Christmas novel and it was perfectly Christmassy and lovely, totally enjoyable.
Austra
Jan 31, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, x-mas
This one was really bad. Silly behaviours, all imaginable cliches and plot all over the place.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Little Village Christmas
  • Fairytale of New York
  • A Christmas Cracker
  • The Magic of Christmas
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall
  • The Great Christmas Knit Off
  • A Miracle on Hope Street
  • A Winter Kiss on Rochester Mews (Lonely Hearts Bookshop, #4)
  • Christmas at Lilac Cottage (White Cliff Bay #1)
  • Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • The Christmas Rose (The River Maid #3)
  • If We're Not Married by Thirty
  • As Good As It Gets?
  • Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights
  • The Last Piece of My Heart
  • A Girl's Best Friend (A Girl #3)
  • Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1)
  • One Winter Morning

Hello!
I wrote The Twelve Dates of Christmas, You Had Me at Merlot and Catch Me If You Cannes. Hope you like them. You look super-nice today.
L xx

Oh, here's the official bio:

Lisa Dickenson was born in the wrong body. She was definitely meant to be Beyonce. Despite this hardship, she grew up in Devon attempting to write her own, completely copyright-infringing versions of Sweet Valley High, before