Start by marking “Forge your Future” as Want to Read:
Forge your Future

Forge your Future

Despite the fact that I spent my childhood in Rameswaram, an isolated island in the south of India, I could get educated, find a job and overcome many obstacles to become the President of my country. If I could overcome all the hardships and achieve what I have, so can you or anyone else. It does not matter where you start from or what you have achieved till date, the ...more
Paperback, 2014 edition, 224 pages
Published October 29th 2014 by Rajpal and Sons

To ask other readers questions about Forge your Future, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forge your Future

Start your review of Forge your Future
Nilanjan Pal
Oct 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Candid, but not very outspoken. Looks spiritual and placating at times. Kalam Sir has shared his vision of the future with this venture. Liked the effort of adding questions by the lucky few readers, and then answering them in a systematic manner. I personally agreed with a few solutions, but was unsatisfied with the others. Well, that's my opinion.
Karthick Udaiy
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
few months before I read this book! really motivating each question given by this book will be suitable to every one also common one! every answer from Abdul kalam sir's was great some of the answer was very interesting! much read and recommended to all youngsters those want interest to read self help books...thanks apj sir given this wonderful book..
Arka Bhattacharya
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it
It is a nice book but for the people who first time pick up self help book... Really inspirational as the man himself a biggest motivator.... But as a book this is not comparable to othe books he has written... If you are a new reader ... I recommend you this book....
Anandraj R
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Inspiring. But read selectively.

Hrishikesh
Nov 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Quite a good book. Interesting ideas. Don't read cover-to-cover. Selectively choose.
Gayathri
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best book that I have ever purchased in my lifetime. The question answer format of the book makes it more unique. For me A P J Abdul Kalam was one of the most simple, knowledgeable, inspirational personalities of our nation and still this book inspires me and makes me read more( PS: bought it before marriage and when I was working) Highly recommended to all students and those who want some great words from a great human.
Abhinav Yadav
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Motivating, generating good out of you

I am born with potential
I am born with goodness and trust
I am born with ideas and dreams
I am born with greatness
I am born with confidence
I am born with courage
I'll defeat the problem and succeed
I am born with wings
So, I am not meant for crawling
I have wings, I will fly
I'll fly and fly
- Jalal-ud-Din Muhammad Rumi (1207-1273)

It is always a pleasure to read the replies on problem from contemporary thinker and philanthropist - Dr. Kalam.
In this book, he answers
Sundarraj Kaushik
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very nice book of advice from Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. Dr. Kalam has answered questions on various topics and this book is a collection of these answers. In all the answers Dr. Kalam comes out as a very positive thinking person who believes in the goodness of people around him. He seems naive when he expects everybody to be hardworking and honest like himself.

One answer that proves his naivety is the answer in question to India's relation with China. In this he expresses hope that India and
Siddharth Malkania
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is a compilation of e-mails which many young guys sent to Dr. Kalam to seek the advice of day to day confusions. The everyday thought related to eradication of corruption, better education and administration, upliftment of the people below poverty line and bring changes in the politics, Dr. Kalam has answered these through e-mails in such a way that it connects the readers also. A must recommend book from my end!

Happy reading!

Thanks!
Siddharth Malkania
Aikya
Oct 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Not as great as Ignited Minds. But nevertheless, reading and understanding any sentence originating from the mind of this great man is always a pleasure.

Same questions with almost the same answer are included. That could have been avoided.

But inspiration, it surely provides.

Kalam's own experiences at DRDO and ISRO are fun to read, though there is other enjoyable material.
Shivani Gupta
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
The eleventh president of India, a teacher, a scientist, author, the most popular leader amongst youth has discussed some vital and complex issues of modern India raised by the youth. The book can prove to be a tour guide to many.
Meghana Rastogi
Accession No: DL027641
Sugan
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: indian-authors
Poorly edited. Has a lot of spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
This book contains 5 themes. The questions that are under this category are answered.
Yagnyeswar
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highly inspiring.Sir has touched so many fields and has discussed how India can be developed and how to lead a better life.His ideas and thoughts are mind-blowing.I salute you sir.
Dhanvantri Dwivedi
Good read.....
Abu Bakr
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book ,
Felt like a lot of critical appreciation can be given.
My respect towards sir APJ Abdul Kalam has increased a lot after reading this book.
Adarsh Kumar
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Inspirational.
SatyaPriya
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This books is really amazing, that made me understand many things about development, unity and even life. This is very important book that everybody in the world must read and understand and apply.
Devkant Gorai
Lokesh Kumar
Aug 09, 2016
Harshit Agrawal
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
I don't really think it's a great book. Everything is just philosophical and cliched. Apart from being Dr. Kalam's admirer, I don't find any potential reason to read this book.
Anish Kumar

• Three Thousand Stitches: Ordinary People, Extraordinary Lives
  • Something Happened on the Way to Heaven : 20 Inspiring Real - Life Stories
  • The Mastery Manual
  • Here, There and Everywhere: Best-Loved Stories of Sudha Murthy
  • Why There Is No God: Simple Responses to 20 Common Arguments for the Existence of God
  • Poems by Walt Whitman
  • The Free Voice: On Democracy, Culture and the Nation
  • Titanic: The Story About The Unsinkable Ship
  • Tales And Legends Of India
  • This Is Not Your Story
  • So You Want to Know About the Environment
Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam (Tamil: அவுல பகீர ஜைனுலாபதீன அபதுல கலாம) usually referred to as A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, was one of India's most distinguished scientists. He was an Aerospace engineer, professor, and chancellor of the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. During his term as President, he was popularly ...more