Start by marking “Adventures for Your Soul: 21 Ways to Transform Your Habits and Reach Your Full Potential” as Want to Read:

Have you ever felt like there’s something holding you back?
Maybe that something is you . . .

Sometimes the one thing you need to make a change is to see things from a fresh perspective. Discover twenty-one innovative emotional explorations to boldly confront the habits that are holding you back in this breakthrough guide that provides the tools you need to fearlessly embrac
Published August 25th 2015 by Berkley (first published May 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Adventures for Your Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventures for Your Soul

Start your review of Adventures for Your Soul: 21 Ways to Transform Your Habits and Reach Your Full Potential
Katie
This is the first book added to my new "Come on, y'all" Goodreads shelf and the first book I deem worthy of this title. I tried. I really tried! I did! I am not a very woo-woo, you're a magic butterfly that just needs green juice to manifest your true potential type of person. I tried! That being said, there were several things about this book I could not get past.

-Spelling errors and grammatical errors throughout. There are people who will say "that happens in every book," and that's fine for t
Mycala
I always do a fair amount of soul-searching on a regular basis in my ongoing quest to be the best me I can be. Sometimes I search more than others. Lately I find myself doing a lot of searching and asking myself is this really what I want for my life? I have to say no. Somewhere along the line, I found myself doing the "safe" thing and I stopped following my dream and that's just sad.

That's where this book comes in, though. Shannon was at a point where I am, and she knows what questions to ask
More of a 3.75.

I don't know how to review this book. In some ways it did help me in others it didn't. I liked the motivational mantras at the end of each chapter. One thing I was not a fan of was her self promoting in this book, it felt like in every chapter she was promoting more of her books or websites. I couldn't keep up with all of the books she mentioned, so I just gave up.

I think you should read this book but go into it knowing it will help everyone in different ways.
Devon O
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had read a lot of wonderful reviews on this book prior to purchasing. But I honestly cannot get through the first 50 pages without feeling as if it's a chore to read. I did not finish this book - I gave it two chances and just couldn't get into.
Kristen Martin
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have ever read. Each morning, I woke up excited to sit at my desk, read a chapter, and journal that chapter's 'Awesome Actions'. I feel like I have so much clarity on what it is I want to do with my life. Thank you, Shannon, for writing this book. It truly is a gift!
Brandie Gruss
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new favorite!
Sam
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second time through reading this was a great refresher. I still loved it.

******************************************************************************

Have you ever felt like there should be more to your life? Maybe that you aren't where you should be and you aren't even close to tapping into your potential? Feeling afraid because of all that? Read this book.

Finally done with this one... and not because it was boring or long. When I picked up this book and made it though the first chapter I
Kayla Hollatz
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time getting through this book, partly because the author's voice is somehow demotivating even with her being a life coach. I was trying to understand the flow of the book all the way through. I feel I would have connected more with the book if the author would have broken her concepts into more tangible action steps. Saying that we should simply visualize a situation and then "give love and light to the situation" isn't enough to hold onto. I can see this book being a great fit for ...more
Nyssa
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
It took me almost a year to read this, but that proved to be a pretty great experience of getting through it. Often it seemed the chapter I was reading was perfect for whatever was going on in my life. Yes, this is totally the kind of book that narrates optimism on steroids and required me to ignore some of the commentary within, but I enjoyed most of the messages overall. It's good to be good to yourself, especially because it makes it easier to be good to others.

And how could I forget the jour
Latasha
Wow this took me 5 months to finish. That should say something right there.

I enjoyed a lot of this book and thought this exercises at the end of each chapter could be quite helpful. I just didn't relate to a lot of the stories she told about herself and others. Which is fine! It just makes it hard to really soak in the message when you're wondering, "Wait what situations in my life can I apply this to?"

Overall, a really great book for someone who is struggling to finally find their path or who
Kristen
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
While this book is saturated with self-help jargon and buzzwords, if you can get past it, there is wisdom to be found. There are specific exercises to help you understand yourself a little more, identify things that might be holding you back, and help you achieve your goals, going forward. The concept of could vs. should really expressed an idea I've been working with for the past few years, and I'm glad to now have a clear structure for it.
Linda Tapp
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I usually like books like this but this was not for me. I found it kind of depressing. I picked only 3 books to take on vacation from the giant pile on my nightstand and this was one of the lucky three. I was disappointed that this was one I picked to read during my limited reading time. I actually left it behind.
Emily Kent
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! I read this off of a recommendation of Marissa Lace on Youtube for #YearofYou and it is incredible. Everything Kaiser talks about is incredibly easy to follow and just makes completele sense. LOVE
Renee Amberg
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
My honest opinion, I was a bit disappointed in this one. I love Shannon Kaisers Daily Mantras but I found Adventures for your Soul super repetitive and boring. Overall, there are some great messages but I felt like it was a chore to read. Not my favorite, unfortunately.
Amy Mercree
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. It's so accessible and positive and full of powerful strategies to bust through blocks and reclaim you life.
Cathy Regular
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.9/5.0

Hidden Gems:

The weight of my body was a manifestation of an imbalance in my thoughts. Again the fears of not being worthy, not feeling worthy of love, kept me feeling unhealthy or unapproachable.

In order to become truly comfortable and never allow ourselves to settle into an uncomfortable state, we have to be honest with ourselves and face head-on our fat bodies, our low bank accounts, our toxic relationships, our unfulfilling jobs - and in spite of this, love ourselves.

We have to let go
Jessica
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favorite motivational mantra: "I can change the fate of my future. Settling is the way of my past. I do not settle."

On page 46, Kaiser exclaims, "Imagine never having to overthink anything ever again! What would you do with all your time if you trusted that things would work out?" I believe I would have a lot more time on my hands, time enjoying life and relaxing.

Later in the reading, page 252, she puts this equation together:
Surrender = 100 percent acceptance of what is + Faith that all
Heena
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shannon kaiser - My first and probably the last mentor

Thank you Shannon for writing this book. Truly an inspiring journey And don't whaybut from the 1st chapter each an ever thing seems like my life. The sadness, happiness, love, discouragement, inspirations everything seems to be written for me only. Thank you for giving this true treasure of your life. Otherwise I would never understand whether I'm going on right path or not. But, now I know everything in my life is happening for a reason and
Holly
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This book just wasn’t for me. I’m not a fan of the work book layout I prefer to just read and reflect on my own rather than being prompted to write things out. So I don’t think I got the full intention of this book. It also seemed like there was a lot of self promotion going on. I read a lot of self help books recently so maybe my expectations were just higher but if you have a dream and need guidance to achieving it then I would recommend this book I just didn’t find it helpful at this point in ...more
Rebecca
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF @ 14%

I wanted to like this, but I could barely get past the first chapter. It's super repetitive: I had to check to make sure I was actually moving forward in the Kindle edition, because I really felt like I was reading the same idea over and over, just written slightly differently.

I also think I can safely say this just not really my cup of tea. I genuinely like personal development books, but I like ones that are a bit more actionable. This one was too focused on visualization and manifes
Jorie
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye opening

Shannon is the real deal.
She took my hand and guided me through her joy, helping me to begin finding my own. Like many others my life has been plagued with anxiety and depression. The journaling brought me up to speed with what really brings me joy and sparks happiness in my soul. If you need encouragement this book is a perfect start. I constantly refer to my journaling and repeat her mantras daily. Thank you for baring your soul to help humanity.
Sasha Anne
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars It took my second try to get through this book. Maybe I was not at a place the first time where I was able to accept what she was saying. The second time around I enjoyed the layout of the book. Fallacy, story, how to change, exercise, mantra. Though I do not relate to all her examples. The exercises helped me work on ny own life. There are a few good practices in this book I will take with me
Allie
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great comprehensive book to help any spirited woman (or man) work on their best selves! My favorite chapters were Fear Detox and Be a Goal Digger. Thanks, Shannon! You are doing the work, and it is beautiful! :)
Julia Salgado
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-the-shelf
Slightly repetitive, but sometimes a girl needs a little repetition to understand different concepts. Shannon's story to self-acceptance is so inspiring, and I hope to share just as much joy as she does one day.
Allison
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-nonfiction
I read about half of this...and its but much...I'm not looking to lose 50 lbs, qit my job, move across the country so I found this to be a bit over the top. Also each action could have been described in like half the pages. Didn't even finish....
Lisa Bauer
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book became my space place

Flipping through the pages of this book was flipping through where I have came from and who I am becoming.
Thank you for reminding me of what has moved me through this life.
It was beautiful to be brought back to self reflection and delevopment.
Barb Larkin
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am adding this to my Goodreads list as I think it is a great book to help get one "unstuck" with a focus on moving forward. I will refer this read to clients and use myself as a transformative tool!
Kate
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the premise and the message but this book would have been A LOT better if it didn’t feel like she was constantly using it as a ploy to sell more of her stuff. It also felt a little braggy at times, but she’s proud of her life, so I kind of get it.
Alexis
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. It jumped off the shelf at the library and ended up being exactly what I needed. After the first chapter I realized I needed to change my major and life has been so much better since.
Stephanie Machado
While there were parts of this book that really spoke to me, I found this book redundant with lots of shameless self promo relating to her other works. Rather than having an "additional resources" section at the back of the book, I found myself skimming over sections that kept mentioning podcasts.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur
  • The Soul Searcher's Handbook: A Modern Girl's Guide to the New Age World
  • Mastering Your Mean Girl: The No-BS Guide to Silencing Your Inner Critic and Becoming Wildly Wealthy, Fabulously Healthy, and Bursting with Love
  • Rise Sister Rise: A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within
  • You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
  • You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
  • I Am That Girl: How to Speak Your Truth, Discover Your Purpose, and #bethatgirl
  • Four Ways to Forgiveness (Hainish Cycle, #7)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • Light is the New Black: A Guide to Answering Your Soul's Callings and Working Your Light
  • The Family Next Door: The Heartbreaking Imprisonment of the Thirteen Turpin Siblings and Their Extraordinary Rescue
  • Radical Self Love: A Guide to Loving Yourself and Living Your Dream
  • The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith
  • The Goddess Revolution: Make Peace with Food, Love Your Body and Reclaim Your Life
  • The Book of Awesome
  • Until I Find You
  • The Getaway
  • Rate, wer zum Essen bleibt
Shannon Kaiser has been named “Top 100 Women to Watch in Wellness” by the MindBodyGreen, and “A thought leader on the rise,” by Café Truth. She appears regularly as a happiness expert on AM Northwest and Huff Post Live. Shannon is the best-selling author of Adventures for Your Soul, and Find Your Happy, Find Your Happy Daily Mantras and the new book The Self-Love Experiment.

Shannon's the founder