Start by marking “Bunny Roo, I Love You” as Want to Read:
Bunny Roo, I Love You

Bunny Roo, I Love You

A warm and tender welcome to the world!

In a gorgeous picture book that’s playfully sweet and visually captivating, New York Times bestselling author Melissa Marr and talented new illustrator Teagan White celebrate the many ways parents make their new babies feel at home.

The world can seem like a big, bewildering place for new babies—fortunately, their
Published April 14th 2015 by Nancy Paulsen Books

To ask other readers questions about Bunny Roo, I Love You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunny Roo, I Love You

Start your review of Bunny Roo, I Love You
Stephanie
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I pre-ordered the board book edition of this for my 3-year-old, although I wondered (not having read it yet myself) whether it might be too young for him.

It wasn't. It wasn't too young for my 8-year-old, either. At the end of our first read, they BOTH let out sighs of deep contentment. "Ohhh," said my 8-year-old (who normally prefers fat chapter books about space adventures and so on). "What a HAPPY book!" My 3-year-old said: "READ IT AGAIN!"

It's utterly simple, incredibl
KC
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lovely illustrated book about a baby and their parent.
Shiloah
Sweet story! Precious illustrations!
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
It is sometimes hard to standout in a category of books where there are a lot of tender mother-baby books, but Melissa Marr not only does it in a way that adds something but feels like a classic at the same time. Written in response to the experiences she had in caring for her infant son who was suffering withdrawal symptoms after being born to his birthmother who was an addict, (From twitter) Marr commented: Each of those animals represented a stage of his withdrawal. It was how I explained thi ...more
Luisa Knight
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Adorable. Cute. Sweet. A must read to the little darlings in your life.

Ages: 2 - 5

**Like my reviews? I also have hundreds of detailed reports that I offer too. These reports give a complete break-down of everything in the book, so you'll know just how clean it is or isn't. I also have Clean Guides (downloadable PDFs) which enable you to clean up your book before reading it! Visit my website: The Book Radar.
Maria Shuffit
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My son got this book in his very first Easter basket from his grandparents and aunt, and it immediately became a favorite of mine. It is such a sweet, tender read between a parent and baby, with soft illustrations. I feel like this one belongs amongst the classics like Love You Forever! I have already read this one to my kiddo multiple times and am so glad that we own this copy so we can revisit it any time we want!
Liz De Coster
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No YOU'RE crying on the kitchen floor.
Yolanda Smith
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable in every way. I wish my house were painted in Teagan White illustrations.
Cristina
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: luna-land
i knew this was going to be cute. i did not know, or even kind of think, it might make feel a bit weeepy! it's SO sweet. i love the simple, cutesy illustrations. but what really got me were the descriptions of baby.
babies can be such strange creatures while they're figuring themselves out, cocking their heads like curious little lizards and finding the sound of their own howls. it'a only in their little smiles, the special whole-body gummy grins reserved just for mama and papa, that we can
gina
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
When I found out Marr had a picture book I had to have it. I'm a Yuuuuge fan of her YA stuff. But my 2 year old can be ridiculously picky about picture books as he's still a board book kind of guy, but he sat enraptured through the whole thing. That already will give it a few stars! He laughed at the end when I tickled and grabbed him up saying he was my baby and not all of those funny animals. He then went around saying he was my baby (insert weepy mother tears) so that Of Course gets it some s ...more
Allison
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime-books
Guys, this book is adorable. The text might be a little too sweet for some, but for moms, it's basically JUST RIGHT. And the illustrations-- my coworker described it as "Frozen meets Peter Rabbit." The color palettes and details are perfection. Coworker and I were squealing about every page. Sorry, other coworkers! It was just too cute NOT to squeal over!
Jesse
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations and a touching narrative. Great for mamas and babies.
Danielle
This is one of the cutest books!! My sister-in-law got a signed copy of this one for Brandt and it's the perfect book for him. The words are wonderful and the illustrations are LOVELY.
Laura Harrison
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Adorable story but it is the illustrations that will wow you. Sweet, warm and vibrant. Perfect for bedtime and repeat readings.
Thabata
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some books have that essence of love and sheer cuteness all over them from cover to cover. “Bunny Roo” is one of them. It portrays with care and tenderness the love of a mother for her baby. Be it in its colors, warm in suave orange and yellows, or on conveying in small phrases the immense delight that the purest form of love can bring. The mother who will make her child feel safe, that will allow it to see the world and explore, whom will be by their side through everything… a lot is to be felt ...more
Viviane Elbee
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the illustrations in this book, and the short sweet message is perfect for babies, toddlers and preschoolers. I also read this to a 3rd grader who said, “she describes a baby, just using figurative language. Because the baby has those same characteristics [as the animals].” I was very impressed by the use of big words, but also, this reaction reinforces my belief that you’re never too old for picture books. Older kids can analyze the language in picture books, which is a high level skill.
Franjessca
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Got a signed copy for my Rambunctious Kindergartener, when I was attending Nola StoryCon.

Read this to her and she really enjoyed it. She even gave a Awww! at the ending.

It's such a sweet story to read to a little one and this book will be treasured since it's signed by Melissa Marr for my little one. :)

It's her first signed book by an author and not her last either.
Francis S. Poesy
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Another quiet mother/baby book that in combination with Teagan White's beautiful critter illustrations, (and just one misstep in the verse that didn't seem to make sense), that is pulled off about as good as can be done.
Diana
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, storytime
This one brought a tear to my eye! So sweet! Okay, so I knew where it was going from the very beginning, but I think that actually made it more sweet and powerful to me. Nothing in the world can beat that first smile from a new baby!
Karlen
The illustrations are so pretty! This is a very sweet book.
Diana
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love love love the art in this. Simple and beautiful with a retro-vintage feel. Precious story too.
Marissa Burkey
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-book
Adorable story that likens babies mannerisms with cute animals.

First book read of 2019!
laurenpie
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
sweet snuggling book

sweet and snuggly cute.. grandbaby (9 months) wants it read over and over. helpful for reinforcing that idea that bathtime leads to bedtime.
Catherine
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book for children o all ages. I loved how the mothers made they're children feel loved. I loved the pictures and the story.
Read Aloud Dallaires
This book is sweet and full of gorgeous illustrations. What a sweet way to portray the bond between a mama and her new baby.
Jonathan Malcolm
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Never really understood the hype with this one. A little too basic for my liking. Illustrations were done well, but the writing itself was just so-so
Anmiryam
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely rhyming tale that would be a perfect bedtime read to for toddlers.
Michelle
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A bit long for very young readers but very sweet with cute art
Jeani
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was adorable! My LO liked it too :)
Katie Robinson
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute children's book that was much more profound than I expected it to be.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Adventures with Barefoot Critters
  • Edgar Gets Ready for Bed
  • Perfectly Percy
  • Dream Animals: A Bedtime Journey
  • Nose to Toes, You Are Yummy!
  • Sea Rex
  • A Pussycat's Christmas
  • Tree: A Peek-Through Picture Book
  • The Moon is Going to Addy's House
  • Once Upon a Cloud
  • Little Baby Buttercup
  • The Baby Tree
  • Littles: And How They Grow
  • Can You Growl Like a Bear?
  • Sun and Moon
  • All of Baby, Nose to Toes
  • Forever
  • Puffin Peter

Melissa Marr is a former university literature instructor who writes fiction for adults, teens, and children. She is best known for the Wicked Lovely series for teens, the Graveminder for adults, and her debut picturebook Bunny Roo, I Love You.

Her books have been translated into twenty-eight languages and been bestsellers internationally as well as domestically (NY Times, Los Angeles Times, USA T