Start by marking “Light Is the New Black: A Guide to Answering Your Soul's Callings and Working Your Light” as Want to Read:

Light Is The New Black is a guidebook for a new breed of women who are here to be bright lights in the world. These women are modern day lightworkers, who agreed at soul level to be here at this time in history, to bring us into the Age of Light (lead by spirit and the divine feminine).

At the Peace Conference in Canada in 2009, when the Dalai Lama said ‘The world will b
Published July 6th 2015 by Hay House, Inc. (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Light Is the New Black, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light Is the New Black

Vicky
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a lightworker's handbook. All the stuff you ever wanted to know about why you feel different, why you don't fit in, why you feel like such a weirdo and so many other questions are answered in this book.

If you've ever felt like you just have no idea wtf you are doing on this planet, but know you are here to do something, this book is for you. If you just feel like you are wandering around with no purpose but you really want to find it, this book is for you. If you feel like you've been li
Cara
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring and empowering. For those who are already awakened, but weary to share their light (like me), this book acts as a confirmation that we're going the right way.
Jessika Wolfe
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you always feel like you're searching life for why you're here and it weighs on you every day, wondering 'what is my purpose?', this book is for you.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Rebecca doesn't use the term 'God' hardly at all, instead keeping it open to people from all walks of life calling the higher power in our lives 'source', 'universe' and 'grace', encouraging you to use the word that feels most comfortable to you.

It's written in a easy to read format with diary like entries, affirma
Amber
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Repetitive waste of time.
Sophie
I think it's safe to say that Rebecca Campbell and I believe some different things. Which is ok, obviously (#respect). It is inspiring that she is being vulnerable, living her truth and that she wrote this book. It's clear she wants to lift other people up, which we need more of in this world and I did find inspiration and wisdom in 'Light is the New Black'. In fact let's go positive first...

I was obsessed with the idea of this book and with chapter titles like Inauthenticity no longer stands a
Crystal McNaughty
Feb 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
I could not even finish this book. The back makes it sound interesting but it is full of fluff that made no sense to me whatsoever. I'm a bit cynical but open to some extents and I do like the mindfulness bits at the back but overall this book is for a select group of individuals that have very unique beliefs and this group definitely does NOT include me.
Anke
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book has some beautiful and inspiring ideas, unfortunately it has a lot more nonsense.
The book was very repetitive and I felt that it build more on the work of other authors and exsisting ideas and theories than on her own original ideas.
Her personal stories felt very self congratulatory and overal the book felt very superficial to me.
Natalia
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW ON BLOG - https://boookishvegan.wordpress.com/2...

MY FULL REVIEW:

Brief Description:

At the Peace
Claire McAlpine
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book came into being as the author collated what she'd called Rebecca's Thoughts and shared through social media. In book form, it's organised into a very engaging narrative of how the author became aware of her interest in the divine, in a more spiritual perspective of life and how she for many years ignored it, until she could no longer.

She documents answering the call within her to give over more of her life to doing what felt like her calling from the heart, the soul, which required ove
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
The first 200 pages were great; the last 100 were just filled with repetitive messages and waffle. I would've found this more effective if I was able to finish reading whilst in the same mind space as when I started; however life got in the way and if I'd put it down I probably wouldn't have picked it up again. 3.5/5
Martha
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
There's some good stuff in here, but it was a little too woo woo for my tastes.
Bronwyn
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
I feel like this book was a little all over the place. I liked the message it sent and agree with Rebecca to a certain extent. I just feel like the book should have been condensed dramatically as I felt like at times I was reading the same thing over and over again.
I felt it got a little repetitive and was a little 'cult-like' especially at the start... (god that seemed harsh but I didn't know any other way to put it).
All in all it was a decent book to read if you're just getting into this spiri
Nadia Henderson
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Helen Ginbey
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Another solid 3.5 🌟 it would have been four but I found some of it a little repetitive, perhaps as I read the last part in one sitting rather than picking up & putting down as I did with the first half. Enjoyed the journey & prompts to follow what the soul tugs at :) oh & a good reminder to write more just because I enjoy it so darn much 👍
Aran
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was loaned to me on a really bad day at work by a very has-her-shit-together mover and shaker. So though it looked a little touchy feely, a little self helpy, (though who am I to look askance at such things), I took it, said thank you, and promised to read it.

But yo. This book is OUT THERE. It's not like "visualize yourself where you want to be." It's like "reincarnation is real my shaman told me and I can channel soul energy and YOU CAN TO DO IT DO IT."

Which is maybe your jam. And I'
Emily
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is exactly the sort of book I have been waiting to read. The author uses her authentic voice to discuss the importance of being open to spiritual guidance and the corresponding implications it has in various areas of life. I am happy to have stumbled upon this book and highly recommend it.
Andrea Everhart
May 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Very little substance. I tend to follow my intuition but I feel like this woman might be an egomaniac who cut most people out of her life? Strange read for sure.
Alevy
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For the light-workers, those who are spiritually awakening & being called to serve. This isn’t one of those sit down & read through books but one you pick up for guidance, light and inspiration. Every time I picked it up it felt like a lesson I needed to learn or advice I need to hear in that moment.

In all honesty this book took me a while to get into at first probably because I was expecting to read it quickly & it took me ages to finish. To do the teachings and practices justice I
Rebecca
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't entirely sure what this book would be about but I loved the cover and something about it just appealed to me. I was curious about what this book would tell me.
It has a little bit of a memoir vibe to it as Rebecca Campbell tells the story of her spiritual journey and then she also offers advice on how others can find their true calling and open up spiritually. I think this is always something that has interested me but never something I've particularly thought about.
Rebecca Campbell also
Beth Bunchman
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
love love love this book. this book should be required reading for all
Sarah McCue
Aug 28, 2016 rated it liked it
If this is your first time dipping your pinky toe into the pool of spiritual books and you are just starting to awaken, then this book could be a good place to start. I think it could be great for beginners who aren't familiar with this kind of message, however, I was looking for something a little deeper and more inspiring and I felt as if after awhile the author was just repeating herself (plus she used the word 'niggling' about a million times - maybe it's more of a UK term but this American ...more
Ivonne
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rebecca Campbell sabe hablarle a las personas. Puede que el título del libro suene a autoayuda de comienzos de la década del 2000 pero s contenido es una guía para quienes buscamos un camino "espiritual" en estos momentos. Desde una perspectiva aterrizada, llena de elementos biográficos, la autora logra la empatíacon el lector en esa búsqueda de propósito profesional, personal y familiar. Light is the new black es el libro que le da permiso (sin necesitarlo) a las personas para seguir su llamado ...more
Heidi Gardner
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First, I am a sucker for a pretty cover. The description of this book focuses on light working—which is normally too high on the floof factor, even for me. But guess what, I love her description of light working. And the suggestions are practical and grounded in everyday life.

As I was reading early on, I was disappointed by the way the book was divided into short sections, but as I continued I grew to love the format and found it really versatile for digesting the information. It would also real
Mandy
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Third time reading this book and each time I take away something new. One thing that remains the same is feeling like I've been reunited with myself and her words bring me back to focus on my path...What I truly want. My passions. I always feel more connected and aware after reading this and I really love how you can just randomly turn to a page in this book and receive a positive message. I will definitely read it again...and again.
Rochelle
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Light is the New Black" by Australian Rebecca Campbell was recommended to me by a client a couple of years ago - and I've finally finished reading it 😊💕✨ Very inspiring! Of course, I listened to "Rise Sister Rise" before this audiobook - I don't think it matters the order in which these 2 books are read in 😊📚
Natalie
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An anthem for our generation. It's not so much about what I LEARNED from the book, but that I know others feel the same as I do and it is comforting to hear the words being told from such a strong, yet nurturing voice like Rebecca's. I feel like we are on the exact same wavelength!
Heather K Veitch
This is a book to be savoured slowly ... I found myself reading a section or two and then taking some time to fully process and integrate some of the wisdom herein. My copy is now covered in sticky notes. A treasure. :)
Emily Dski
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quick read, I couldn't put it down! I highlighted SO many quotes and ideas. This book really spoke to me and was a great way to help me begin the process of "finding my light." I know this will be a book I will come back to again and again.
Natalie K. Martin
Very uplifting read, and I'm not normally a fan of books about lightworking. Some great nuggets of inspiration about how to raise yourself up, make yourself happy and make others happy too.
Megan Kaur
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Life changing.
  • The Soul Searcher's Handbook: A Modern Girl's Guide to the New Age World
  • Moonology: Working with the Magic of Lunar Cycles
  • White Hot Truth: Clarity for Keeping It Real on Your Spiritual Path from One Seeker to Another
  • Assertiveness for Earth Angels: How to Be Loving Instead of "Too Nice"
  • Sacred Powers: The Five Secrets to Awakening Transformation
  • The Book of Crystal Spells: Magical Uses for Stones, Crystals, Minerals... and Even Sand
  • The Intuitive Way: A Guide to Living from Inner Wisdom
  • Radical Self Love: A Guide to Loving Yourself and Living Your Dream
  • Adventures for Your Soul: 21 Ways to Transform Your Habits and Reach Your Full Potential
  • The Story of You (And How to Create a New One)
  • You Are Enough
  • The Goddess Revolution: Make Peace with Food, Love Your Body and Reclaim Your Life
  • Miracles Now: Inspirational Affirmations and Life-Changing Tools
  • Let It Out: A Journey Through Journaling
  • The Crystal Healer: Crystal prescriptions that will change your life forever
  • Change Me Prayers: The Hidden Power of Spiritual Surrender
  • Making Life Easy: A Simple Guide to a Divinely Inspired Life
  • The Gift: Understand and Develop Your Psychic Abilities
Rebecca Campbell is a Hay House author, grounded intuitive, spiritual mentor, six sensory teacher and co-creator of The Spirited Project and one of Hay House's freshest voices. Rebecca has been studying metaphysics since her first awakening when she was a teenager. She went on to enjoy a successful career in advertising as a creative director before she was 30.

Drawing on this unique experience, Re
“believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open because the world needs you open.” 19 likes
“I believe that the things that you are here to teach are the very things that you most need to learn, and that the best teachers are the ones that struggle the most because when they get it, they get it with a triple smackdown.” 15 likes