Start by marking “The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Power of Meow (The Dalai Lama's Cat, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Power of Meow (The Dalai Lama's Cat, #3)

The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Power of Meow (The Dalai Lama's Cat #3)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  850 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
“If you ever doubted that your feline companion has her own inner life, just watch what happens when she falls asleep, and loses conscious control of her physical being . . . a twitching of limbs, a quivering of the jaw, sometimes, perhaps, a snuffling noise or a meow.
. . . Cats may indeed be capable of great mindfulness, but we are thinking beings too. In my own case,
Published June 16th 2015 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Power of Meow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Power of Meow

Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone, Cat Lovers, Buddhist Seekers
What a wonderful book! I can't believe as a BOOK LOVER and a CAT LADY that I have missed this series! Where was I? Hiding behind the cat tree or the litter box? Preening my paws? Washing my whiskers?

This is book three in the Dalai Lama's Cat series and I really enjoyed it. I totally loved that the book is written from that cat's feline perspective which at times is just hilarious and cheeky. Such an endearing cat.

This book focuses on HHC's journey to try to meditate (some very funny moments with
Kevin
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great book and series, who knew a cat could be this smart.

I had suddenly realized that my deep disgruntlement was less a result of what had happened to me than of my state of mind. I had come to see for myself that while I couldn’t change the world, I could change the way I experienced it.

Finally to complete the trilogy we get meditation from HHC "His Holiness's Cat"
Find yourself a quiet corner where you can sit undisturbed. The kind of place that a cat would feel comfortable and secure.
Jakob Masic
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well just finished the 3rd in this series and hopefully not the last. Each book got better, more enlightened with every turn of the page. Every purr and meow found its way to the deepest emotional love I hold for all around me.
No doubt that if you are a cat person, you will relate easily to Rinpoche and all she has to offer. And if you aren't a " cat person" the fact that you have a mind and heart should be enough to allow these lessons of LOVE to enter your being.
This isn't exactly a book of
Preethi
Obviously these books are brilliantly written. Though from a perspective of a cat, everything that is written is for humans. My top two reasons for reading this series - 1. how cute the tone used for describing the Snow Lion is
2. The warmth I feel as I read the parts when HHH Dalai Lama is mentioned. The narration belongs to the cat, but I can literally feel the warmth and peace engulf me from the book everytime HHH makes an appearance.
Kayla Eklund
*NOTE: This is a review of the entire trilogy.*

I love reading books about cats. If I could read nothing but books about cats, I probably would, and be happy while doing it. I love learning everything I can about them. I also love learning about religions that I haven't studied yet. When I heard about The Dalai Lama's Cat trilogy, it sounded like the perfect book trilogy for me. I'm so glad that I picked it up. I loved the trilogy so much that I ended up reading all three books in a twenty-four h
Maria Carmo
What a DELIGHTFUL book, and yet so full of quiet Wisdom! An excellent form of teaching Buddhism, this Cat is a marvelous teacher! This third "episode" of His Holiness Cat brings with it not only more realizations of self knowledge and of a spiritual kind, but also a tremendous sense of humor! It is written in a beautiful, relaxed style which is both witty and light minded and envelops all the characters in a psychologically perceptive but yet tender light... It is perceptive and at the the same ...more
Grace
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very cute story which conveys some lovely concepts of meditation practice and more broadly Buddhism. Very relaxing read.
Cressida McLaughlin
This book is unlike anything I’ve read before, and I did struggle to get into it a bit, but it was a gentle story, and I got quite a bit out of it in terms of meditation practices and thinking about things in a different way.
Alina Maftei
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Sometimes we need to be reminded what we're capable of. How we all have abilities beyond anything we may perhaps believe. Mind training may be difficult. But sometimes... Sometimes we catch a glimpse of a purpose much grater than ourselves. Then it all becomes worthwhile."(Dalai Lama)
Amy Lee Rister
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The whole trilogy was uplifting and simply refreshing. I wanted something different, and I found it with HHC. Such a beautiful character, and a cat no less! The fact that she was a Himalayan etched a bit deeper for me, as the first cat I ever loved was a Himalayan - and just as inquisitive and independent as HHC. His name, ironically, was Puss.
From reading this trilogy, I have come away with a better understanding of my life, and especially other life.
This story is simply beautiful. 5 stars all
Sharon Hartman
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the dharma of meow

What a great intro into Buddhist philosophy. Its light hearted in its wisdom! A crash course in meditation for humans, but from a cats perspective
Jacqueline Hollows
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A powerful and simple little story told through the voice of the Dali Lama’s Cat. Life messages for all of us and a way of explaining the simple truths of life without being preachy
Patricie
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
<3 <3
Annie
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another delightful adventure with HHC. This time exploring the benefits of mindfulness and meditation. 😸
eyes.2c
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, well-being
Paws in the moment!

HHC (His Holiness' Cat), a Himalayan, a cat of many names amongst them Snow Lion, Rinpoche and Little Sister is a wonderful character. Life in Dharamsala is viewed through this important little personage's eyes. A cat of consequence, although humble, HHC is working on becoming more 'mindful' cat, on exercising the power of the moment, the power of meow as the path to enlightenment is trod. A cat who 'couldn't change the world but could change how he experienced it.'
Today 'Mind
Darlene
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Power of Meow is the third book in the series and perhaps the most satisfying. I have loved each of the books and anxiously awaited the next. This latest entry into the series does not disappoint. It's impossible to stop turning pages. All of the characters we've come to know and love are there along with a couple of new ones. Threads of previous storylines are picked up and expanded. Best of all, this book talks about mindful meditation in a way that not only blends ...more
Megan Taylor
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddhism
The latest instalment of the Dalai Lama's Cat (His Holiness's Cat - HHC) is positively AWESOME. HHC is on a mission: to think less, to experience more, to live in the moment. I found this book related to so much in my life right now and my own mind. I know I need to slow down, find inner peace and study more mindfulness. I hope we hear more from the HHC.
Ioana Diț
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fi mindful = a fi pe deplin conștient de clipa prezentă.

"Lotușii cresc în condiții vitrege. Rădăcinile lor sunt în noroi, uneori în mlasștini urâte. Dar ei tot înfloresc. Florile lor sunt foarte frumoase. Uneori, când avem probleme, și noi putem să ne folosim de dificultăți pentru a crea ceva ce nu am fi luat în considerație înainte. Ne putem transforma suferința într-un motiv de dezvoltare extraordinară."

"Iubirea și compasiunea sunt cele două valori fundamentale ale tradiției noastre... În bu
Kathy
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the series does not disappoint. I wish these books wouldn't end. I enjoyed them immensely, more than anything else I've read for a long time. I love the stories of all the characters in the book and I love reading it from HHC's point of view. It was truly delightful. But most of all, these books have changed my life for the better. As inspired by Mrs. Trinci's goal to meditate every day for six weeks, for at least ten minutes, I've been doing this. Yes, it's been challenging an ...more
Debamitra
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The third book in The Dalai Lama's Cat series and every bit as charming and engaging as the first two.

On one level it is a simple, predictable happy-ending story about a very special cat ( The Dalai Lama's personal pet ) and the people with whom she lives, loves and plays.

On another level, the Cat is the reader's voice as it reflects, questions and learns the basics of meditation from the highest practitioners themselves.

A beautiful book, which will have you speed reading and yet pausing to re
Debra
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read all three in the series of the Dalai Lama’s Cat and everyone of them delightful!. Each one a meditative retreat for the soul and was sorry to see it come to an end. Insightful use of Buddhist teachings with a sprinkling of quantum physics are woven through the story as they are applied to the characters lives and as perceived through HHC’s consciousness: HIs Holiness Cat. The wonderful sense of wellbeing the characters experience in the compassionate presence of the Dalai Lama is als ...more
Pappu
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is no secret i am a catlover, and this series became one of my favourite not only because of the fact that the storyteller is in fac a cat and it feels so much like a real cat, but because explains Buddhism in a very simple way. This book especially shows us that you don't have to be Buddhist to meditate and start practicing the mindfulness!
Andreea Ureche
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The power of meow", the last book from David Michie's series, "The Dalai Lama's cat". A wonderful story told by the 14th Dalai Lama's cat about the power of self love, mindfulness, learning to be compassionate and take care of others with the purest intention and feelings. Be present. Love youself. Show gratitude and care for the loved ones. Have patience. Live slowly.
Donna Cornell
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gentle Buddhist teachings

This series is delightful, inspiring and very thought-,provoking. I have now read all three and plan to read them again, which is truly a sign of significance for me. Ursula Le Guin's translation of the Lao Tse helped me begin my journey. David Michie is enrichening my understanding.
Raluca
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely my favorite trilogy ever! A lot to learn, a lot to think about and many suggestions on how to meditate and start acting on the principle of Mindfulness. Looking forward to read something new from this author.
susan moore
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It presents meditation without getting 'preachy'. I also found the point of view-the cat- both humorous and human. The cat voiced my doubts while on his own journey. I would recommend this a pleasant read ....
Colleen
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a nice entry level book into mindfulness. The story is charmingly told by a cat and her perspective of life and the community surrounding her. Of course the Dalai Lama's cat would be insightful...
Kimberly
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these books

These are not perfect books. They are far from literary masterpieces but they are always what my soul is looking for. They make me smile and most of all want to snuggle with my cat.
Connie
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lots of nuggets to take in from a wise cat. Adorable!
Mystic
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good.
  • Why Doesn't God Fix It? - Shining Eternal Light on the Darkness of Chronic Illness
  • The Third Rule Of Ten (A Tenzing Norbu Mystery, #3)
  • Nerdy, Shy, and Socially Inappropriate: A User Guide to an Asperger Life
  • FU Cancer
  • Misdiagnosed: One Woman's Tour of -And Escape From- Healthcareland
  • Human: Finding myself in the autism spectrum
  • Three Twisted Stories: Go Deep, Necessary Women, Remmy Rothstein Toes the Line
  • Alchemy: a story of perfect murder
  • Think Like a Cat: How to Raise a Well-Adjusted Cat—Not a Sour Puss
  • The Red Book: A Deliciously Unorthodox Approach to Igniting Your Divine Spark
  • All or Nothing
  • Tiny Yarn Animals: Amigurumi Friends to Make and Enjoy
  • Into Thin Air
  • Unbinding the Heart: A Dose of Greek Wisdom, Generosity, and Unconditional Love
  • Thus Saith The Lord: How to know when God is speaking to you through another
  • Safety Skills for Asperger Women: How to Save a Perfectly Good Female Life
  • Energetic Boundaries: How to Stay Protected and Connected in Work, Love, and Life
  • The Waning
David Michie is the internationally best-selling author of The Dalai Lama's Cat series, as well as a number of books about mindfulness, meditation and Buddhism. These include the non-fiction titles ‘Why Mindfulness is Better than Chocolate’, ‘Hurry Up and Meditate,’ ‘Buddhism for Busy People’ and 'Buddhism for Pet Lovers.' His books are available in 26 languages in over 40 different countries.

Davi
More about David Michie

The Dalai Lama's Cat (3 books)
  • The Dalai Lama's Cat (The Dalai Lama's Cat, #1)
  • The Art of Purring (The Dalai Lama's Cat, #2)
“Pain is inevitable... Suffering is optional. We will all have to endure trauma and challenges. What matters is how we move forward afterward. Do we keep carrying the trauma and its causes in our mind? Or can we find a way to let go of them, to end our own suffering?...This is where mindfulness can help us.” 4 likes
“When we think of other beings with compassion, this makes us happiest. When we consider how to help others avoid suffering and give them contentment, we, ourselves, are the first to benefit.” 3 likes