Start by marking “The Resurrection (The Originals, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Resurrection (The Originals, #3)

The Resurrection (The Originals #3)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  511 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Family is power. The Original Vampire family swore it to each other a thousand years ago. They pledged to remain together always and forever. But even when you're immortal, promises are hard to keep.

Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah Mikaelson had won it all, only to lose it again by 1788. Control of New Orleans is split between the vampires and the werewolves, much to Klaus's d
Published May 26th 2015 by HQN Books (first published May 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Resurrection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Resurrection

Samantha
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
n this stunning conclusion to The Originals prequel trilogy, Rebekah, Klaus, and Elijah are pitted against each other as they attempt to take on New Orleans. Each sibling’s loyalty is put to the ultimate test, and they must decide how far they are willing to go to keep their family promise to each other.

What I love most about this novel are the epic choices the three Originals face. All of them are tested in the one area they are weakest. Klaus has power, yet he continues to want more. Rebekah h
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.5/5

Review coming soon!
Amy Mikaelson
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
While I'm glad that this book centered more around Elijah than the rest of the family, since he's my Daddy and I love him, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did the other two in the series. The first one was my most favorite and then the second and of course the third. Klaus was very "Klaus-like" in this book, seeking revenge and power and raising an army to fight for him but I'm sorry, I can't see him calling someone "seniorita" as a term of endearment.

I don't really see why the prologue o
Nolany
Je m'attendais à beaucoup mieux pour ce dernier tome et je suis déçue de ma lecture. Alors certes, le livre est davantage centré sur le personnage que je préfère : d'Elijah, mais je n'ai pas retrouvé la dynamique du premier tome et je me suis ennuyée pendant la majeure partie de ma lecture. En fait, les seuls moments vraiment intéressants étaient le début et la fin du livre.

(Livre lu en VO)
Rachel Russell
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! I have loved reading this trilogy and seeing more of the Original vampires especially Elijah. And reading so much more about him in this one compared to the others, it was captivating and Klaus with her attitude which hasn't changed. I would really like more of these books, maybe more from the past
SophistMEcated Lauren
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
These books are amazing. This trilogy is well written and composed. The characters are distinct and all have their own personalities and traits. Each character is their own, with no character that is paper to move the story along. Recommend this to anyone who likes vampire stories, and will love a great vampire tale that doesn't end with a romantic couple getting together like many do.
Wendy Mills
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Klaus, Rebekah, and Elijah must defeat a greater threat than ever before, one who has the power to temporarily gain control of Elijah using magic and Vendaya(an ancient magical herb). Forces align to work against them, but in the end, their vow of "Always and Forever" enables them to defeat their foes and remain together.
YVONNE NAIM
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book about the Originals. The action kept me reading straight through without stopping until I finished.
Ellie
Sep 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars
Kim
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun, though gory, as usual.
Julia
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

This book was so captivating. Klaus in the book is the same as klaus in the originals. Very sad the season will be ending soon. Was hoping that julie gave us as much seasons as she did the vamp diaries.☹
Alaina Erhardt
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the vampire books and this show so of course I had to read the books... I just wish there was more to read! I was bummed at the end of this trilogy!!
Tessa Vanden broeck
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Vond ik iets minder dan de vorige, hoewel de actie er sneller is. Maar hoewel er snel iets gebeurt, blijft het dan toch een beetje hangen vond ik. Toch al bij al een leuk boek en een leuke afsluiter van de trilogie. Je hebt een mooi afgesloten gevoel wel.
Véronique Laplante Grenier
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this trilogy. Wish there was more book in that serie. If you are a fan of The Originals I really recommend this serie. It's really good.
Amanda
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In true Mikaelson fashion, this family rips the emotions right out of you! This series was so much fun to read because you not only have a face to put with the characters (well the main ones) but you also have a voice. So along with a readers imagination you have real solid imagery to build the scenes in your head.

An enemy searches and preys upon the one thing that can drive Elijah, Rebekah and Niklaus apart; individual weakness. What better way to defeat an enemy than divide and conquer?

Klaus
Kim Shumaker
I really enjoyed reading these "prequel" books. The Resurrection picks up with the Mikaelson's sharing power of New Orleans with the werewolves and the witches have been run out of the city to the bayou.
Here is where we see the siblings as they are in the TV series. Klaus wants more....he can't have love so he wants power. Rebecca is still chasing the HEA dream that she is desperate to find and Elijah is fed up with having to always clean up his brother and sister's messes.
An evil foe is out to
Emma
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that the reason I read this trilogy of books is because I'm a huge fan of the TVD and TVD spinoff TO TV series'. So, I felt a strong desire to read the books once I was completely up to date in the TV series and am awaiting the new season.. These books are a spectacularly easy and enjoyable read if you've seen the shows. However, if you haven't, there probably isn't that much point in reading them. The purpose of these books are to give the TV viewers that little bit extra ...more
Rebecca Skye
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading this, the third book in this series, and I wish there were more!
I rated this last book, The Resurrection 4.5 stars, it was still awesome but it wasn't my fave of the three and that's because for a lot of this book Elijah was incapacitated and I really missed his charm and narrative. I also felt like there was less banter between Rebekah and Klaus but there was a massive fight for the rule of New Orleans - Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, Humans - this last book featured the
travis williams
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And let dead rise once more

I gave the originals the resurrection five stars because I love the always and forever sibling love they share even when they are deceitful manipulative cunning and above all else deadly I like that there are more than one weakness the originals suffer from and how Klaus built army to rule new Orleans i didn't like how he just let them die so frivolous I mean I know he can be heart less at times but come on even pawns are a last resort he didn't even try to find anothe
Carolyn
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dernier tome de cette belle saga qui fait office de bonus à la série. Je dois avouer avoir moins embarqué dans l'histoire que les précédents. Sans doute à cause que l'intrigue était plus tourné sur Elijah, plutôt que Klaus. Ceci étant dit, j'ai beaucoup aimé ! Petits clin d'œils à Vivianne, ce que j'ai bien appréciée et on voit que les Mikaelson ont trouver d'autres aventures après avoir perdus leur bien aimé dans les tomes précédents. L'épilogue m'a un peu laissé sur ma faim, mais elle m'a asse ...more
Slick Topping
The third book, Original

Again the first 10% of this book is the last 10% of book 2. This one is ok, did not see anytime special about this book. I personally did not like the ending. The way they did, they are able to write more books of the The Original.
Lauren
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just loved the book. Gets right to the point, doesn't bounce around too much, and has ELIJAH in it.

The book stays true to the characters in the show, but I feel that it can be read without watching the show as a good intro to the Originals...
Ranjeev Kirupairajah
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great to read about the backstory of the Originals before the show! so much drama and battles and action and magic. But of course they get through everything to fulfill the vow of "Always and Forever"
Whitney
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was definitely a stronger story than the third book. I enjoyed this one so much more. It seemed to have a little more purpose. I hope Julie Plec decides to put out more. It's a definite should read for fans of The Originals TV show!
Rachel Chiapparine
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't really understand the significance if any of the very last part of the book however I liked reading the trilogy as a whole and learning more about "The Orginals". I personally rate this book a 6/10.
Siobhán Mc Laughlin
Enjoyable enough TV series tie-in romp. Though liked the first two novels in this series better.
Cynthia Buck
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This trilogy of books are quick and easy reads, especially for fans of the tv show. With these books, Julie Plec gives us more backstory of The Originals, but keeps it interesting and entertaining.
Kathy Telegina
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it
It was an interesting, fast-paced read which helped me to gain a better understanding of the world, but I felt like the same plot twist was reused too many times.
Tonya
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
If everyone loved The Vampire Diaries yall have to read The Originals. Really loved this series n very sad thats its over. The Mikealson siblings r the best.
  • While You Were Gone (Duplexity, #2)
  • Circus of Sins (Kayla Steele, #3)
  • Chasers (Being Human, #2)
  • Bad Blood (Being Human, #3)
  • Beautiful Girl
  • This Summer
  • Love You to Death Season 4: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries
  • While You're Away (While You're Away, #1)
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #1)
  • Love on the Ledge (On the Verge #2)
  • Recruited
  • Suck It Up and Die (Suck It Up, #2)
  • Evolution (Extraction, #3)
  • Foretold (Sisters of Fate, #1)
  • A Girl Undone (A Girl Called Fearless, #2)
  • Day After (The 19th Year, #2)
  • Resonance (Dissonance #2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 3 (BTVS Collection #3)
Julie Plec is a television producer and writer, known for her work on the Scream films and the television show Kyle XY.
Plec is an Executive Producer and writer on The Vampire Diaries, and often co-writes episodes with Kevin Williamson.
More about Julie Plec

The Originals (3 books)
  • The Rise (The Originals, #1)
  • The Loss (The Originals, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • The Rules of Magic
    $11.99 $4.99
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)