Start by marking “The Resurgence of Violet Blake (Violet Blake #1): Novella” as Want to Read:
The Resurgence of Violet Blake (Violet Blake #1): Novella

The Resurgence of Violet Blake (Violet Blake #1): Novella

Shawn Cassidy’s family and ancestors have lived in the majestic shadows of the Rocky Mountains for over a century. Such is necessary when you are born a healer.

Since Shawn was young, her mother told her stories of their people and their gift to mankind. The ability to heal others simply by touching them, even if they are on the edge of death.

Shawn has managed to keep h
Published March 10th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Resurgence of Violet Blake (Violet Blake #1), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Resurgence of Violet Blake (Violet Blake #1)

Start your review of The Resurgence of Violet Blake (Violet Blake #1): Novella
I.S. Anderson
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great start to a series of Novellas about a girl with mystical healing powers. The start is a bit slow, but once the triggering event happens the story becomes a thrill ride filled with excitement and intrigue.

We learn about the main character's ability to heal from the beginning. It seems like we know the whole story at that point, but when her ability takes an unexpected turn, we find out how far down the rabbit hole actually goes.

The ending defiantly left me wanting more.
Traumtanzsnger
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
This book took me by surprise!
I received a free Advanced readers copy of the Boxset and was quite disappointed when I first started reading it. I thought I had figured out the entire story after reading the first few pages, I didn't like the whiny main character and couldn't get warm with the authors' writing style.
The books protagonist is a clever and ambitious nerdy girl with a cliché gay best friend. Both of them are constant vicitims to bullying until one day -wonder, oh wonder!- the schools
Jade Wilson
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was sent the whole series by the author Bre Faucheux, in return for an honest review. I decided I would review each novella separately. There will be no spoilers.
First of all I would like to say that I was really pleasantly surprised by this story and you should not hesitate to read this.
At the start of the novella we meet Shawn, our main character who is a healer and we see how one incident could change her entire future. I think that her talent of being a healer was very interesting to read.
Rachel
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: powers
Danielle Donnelly
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 This novella is about a girl, Shawn Cassidy, with a supernatural ability to heal others. At first it seems that is all but, the story takes a turn and the plot thickens.

At the beginning of this novella I had a hard time getting into the story. A lot of cliche things are said and the story at first is slow. Typical high school drama is present. Although, At about half way through, the plot line picked up. Once the action started it didn't stop. I really enjoyed reading the second half of thi
➸ Gwen de Sade
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015

I received a free ARC of the boxset and this is the first of five short novels. I decided to rate each one of them seperately.

When I started to read this I was really disappointed because I assumed it would turn out to be another teenage romance story with supernatural elements in it. But little, was I wrong! The books is pretty far from being a teenage romance story and turned out to have a wonderful and intriguing plot. Shawn aka Violet is already a really likeable character and I loo
Chandra Vice
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the beginning of this story. It starts out a little slow, we don't really know what's going on. Then there's some high school stuff and suddenly, bam! Things are rolling.

It's funny, somehow I knew all along that Liam and Desmond were ok. I'm not sure why, I just did.

I remember worrying about her family being taken, at first. Ha!

I liked Lucas from the beginning, he's great. Shawn is hard to pin down, other than being neglected by her parents and bullied at school there's not much to a
Peggy Byerly
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Will read this series the rest of this series

Let me say right off the bat, that this storyline sets it's hook well. It lures you in, introduces the reader to the main characters quickly and runs with it. The book was given to me free of charge in return for an honest opinion. My only credentials would be that I devour books and am blessed with the " gift of gab." The reason I did not give the book a five-star rating is that it needs to be proofread again and the minor problems rewritten. I plan
Angela Cuéllar
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
pooled ink Reviews:

The Resurgence of Violet Blake is the thrilling, sweat-dripping story about a lonely teenager who transforms into a global game-changer. Will she fight or fall prey to becoming a pawn in a very dangerous game? Only time will tell but one thing is for certain, the game has been set and the clock has begun.

Read my FULL review here: https://pooledink.wordpress.com/2015/...
Alexa
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Love that the author sent me this series to read and review!! Really appreciate it thanks Bre!!!

This is the first of 5 books and I have to say I rather enjoyed it. It is a slow start trying to build you up to a life of what seems like a normal teenager with SUPER HEALING POWERS. Pretty cool and it tied in great with our world now and what it would realistically be like for someone like that in our day and age. Story really starts to pick up and keeps you wanting more. Great start to a series.
Briley B
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a really good start to this series! The plot moved along really well and the story was fantastic! some of the only problems were that the characters only felt 2-dimensional, as in i couldn't really visualize or relate to them (excluding Shawn, of course). But other than that, and the fact that it was so short, (i wanted to read the next one immediately!) this novella was really good and I can't wait to read more!!
Lisa Vespasian
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Just finished part one and I am still interested in reading the rest of the series which is a good sign!
I found that the story started out slow and that the characters weren't as mysterious or complicated as I usually like them to be. However, once the plot thickens and more is revealed I felt compelled to see where this would go! Some unlikely surprises have me wondering what will go down in book two of this novella series!
Cheryl
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great storyline!

I loved the storyline and characters that made sense. While this is a fantasy novella the content is not over the top but believable. The downside other than being too short and I am impatient is that there were so many errors that was annoying after a while having to re-read sentences to understand what was going on. Content: excellent, Editing: fair
Jolene Lau
Mar 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Love that the author sent me this series to read - would be much easier if other authors did that too :)
This book is quite interesting yet this part of the series is a bit slow. The characters become well-developed and i think the author did a good job covering perspectives of the main characters. Would have liked this series to be longer.
Leslie Fisher
I really enjoyed this book/novella. It did have a few spelling errors, but it had good characters and an interesting story. I'm really looking forward to reading the next book in the series. This is my first book I've read by Bre Faucheux, but I'm interested in reading more stuff by her.
Yumi Redfox
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down!
Emmyjo
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm loving this so much so far. Already starting on the next one. I can't wait to see what she does next and who she helps. And who is Liam exactly???
Natulcien_reads

My review is now up on my blog:

Trevor Bertrand
Dec 21, 2016
Heather
rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2015
I wrote THE ELDER ORIGINS and THE KEEPER'S REALM. I love Florence + the Machine, Southern Comfort, Spaghetti, and Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.

This has been my bio.