Start by marking “Stranded” as Want to Read:
Stranded

Stranded

Stranded contains thirteen stories from a range of sub-genres. We have dystopian futures, historicals, contemporary romances, sci-fi and paranormal. We have angels, time travellers, and Vikings. We have it all! Our contributing authors in order of appearance: Alina Popescu, Michael P. Thomas, Kim Fielding, Asta Idonea, Rob Colton, Nephylim, Lily G. Blunt, Eric Gober, Nikka ...more
Published October 10th 2014 by Wayward Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about Stranded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded

Start your review of Stranded
Ro
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
The stories in Stranded share a common thread of people being, well, stranded. The ways of it are not the same but all suffer from being left behind or unable to move forward. As with any anthology, I liked some more than others but this time, I loved a couple!

• Craving Stains by Alina Popescu – 3 hearts. This was sad for the most part and confusing, as well. Hopefully, Wynn’s mother gets what’s coming to her. I wanted to know – why did she bother and the how of Doyle?

• Say Cheese by Michael P
Breann
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
STRANDED is a great collection of stories centering around the theme of being stranded.

I like how all the authors took the stories in different directions. They were all very unique but still centered around the common theme. All of the stories were enjoyable. There were a couple that stuck out for me, though.

The anthology starts off with a bang with Craving Stains by Alina Popescu. I was instantly riveted by this story and was until the very end. Wynn lives with his overprotective mother and he
Nicki Markus
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: read-lgbt
First a note that I have a story in this collection - just for transparency.

However, I also worked on copy edits for the other stories in this anthology and can promise you a fun compilation of a range of tales looking at the idea of being stranded from many different angles.
Morgan  Skye
Sep 28, 2014 rated it liked it

Craving Stains by Alina Popescu
An immune compromised young man dreams of leaving his sterile world to find adventure but instead is controlled by his mother into remaining a prisoner. Through his dreams he finds escape into the arms of a man…
Pretty interesting idea, not developed enough in this short story, so it comes off choppy and confusing. 2.5/5 stars

Say Cheese by Michael P. Thomas
An established couple, Felix and Shep, try to re-unite for a surprise
Teresa
****Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance****

Overall I give this anthology a 3.75, I only wrote reviews for the following, but my fellow Prism Team members did the rest!

The Raider by Asta Idonea

Rating: 2.75 Stars

The Raider is a very short story about a Viking being rescued by a young Englishman. We see it from Thorstein’s perspective and though the time line spans a year, there is very little detail of this time. It was hard to feel connected to the characters as we really know nothing of Godwin oth
ItsAboutTheBook
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: starbrites
Review can be read at It's About The Book

What I love most about anthologies are all of the short stories. I love short stories because you’re less likely to become bored or uninterested in the story being told. I love that with an anthology you get the chance to read stories by some of your favorite authors and experience finding new ones.

Terri
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stranded, an anthology by Wayward Ink Publishing, is an amazing book that incorporates 13 short stories written by a variety of authors. Each one is a unique and different take on men who are separated from the rest of the world by one form or another. Some may be a twist on a similar theme while other’s can be something completely different. Regardless of why they have been stranded, I found myself loving each story individually.

While each one is written by a different author, I found myself en
multitaskingmomma
This was just a fantastic book from the first short to the last short. I usually don't give 5 Stars to anthologies on the grounds that I am reading a huge book containing short stories, but this was different.

Read the rest of the review and enjoy the tour:
Release Day Blitz, eARC Review, Book Trailer, #Free eBook + #Giveaway: Stranded, a Wayward Ink Anthology

We would like to thank authors Alina Popescu, Michael P. Thomas, Kim Fielding, Asta Idonea, Rob Colton, Nephylim, Lily G. Blunt, Eric Gober,
Irissska
I read only 2 stories and could not continue. There is chance that others are better but i could not suffer reading this anymore.
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Say Cheese by Michael P. Thomas

Rating: 3.5 Stars

This story is about Shep and Felix and told in flashbacks between how they met, memorable points in their lives and what is currently happening to them. When they met they were both on a pretty even keel but Felix has big plans for his future which involve making it big as an actor.

His dreams are realised but Shep is happy doing what he is doing. He is also happy and very much in love with Felix but he does worry th
Sandra
Feb 08, 2015 marked it as to-read
Craving Stains by Alina Popescu -

Say Cheese by Michael P. Thomas -

Standby by Kim Fielding 2 stars - Let me start by saying that I generally really like Kim Fielding's books... but unfortunately, this one just did not work for me. The ending saved it a bit but my basic issue is that this was insta-love times infinity. They literally "feel" a jolt when they touch and then must immediately get it on. I actually read the beginning, skipped the sex scene because I had zero emotional connection wi
Jen
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I picked up Stranded because I saw that Rob Colton had a story in it. I absolutely love his books and wasn’t about to miss a chance at reading one. I’m so glad I did.

There were many incredibl
Lillian Francis
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Craving Stains by Alina Popescu - the story was too short for the idea. Too many unanswered questions. And I honestly don't know how the story ended. Left me unsettled.
Say Cheese by Michael P. Thomas - Very cute existing relationship story with flashback. Fun.
Standby by Kim Fielding - I'd have liked this to be longer.
The Raider by Asta Idonea - I liked this. Although I had to wonder about how quickly they learnt to communicate.
Out of Order by Eric Gober - Set in the late eigthies I could really
Gwen
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
the first story confused me so badly, I'm still not sure if there was an ending on that or if it is continued in a longer story. aside from that i enjoyed the stories. i like the way the stories of stranded weren't just the usual definition of Stranded. ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Say Cheese Review

4 Stars

Review to come
Nephylim Nephylim
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kieghan Zorn
Nov 17, 2014

• When the Stars Go Cold
  • Beach Remedy
  • Herbal Remedy
  • The Wolf Inside (Little Wild Animal Universe, #2)
  • Quality Assurance
  • The Werewolf of Grey Lake Inn
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
  • Textual Relations
  • Pricolici
  • When You Were Pixels (Syntax #0.1)
  • Playing with Shadows
  • Of Heaven and Hell: A Wayward Ink Publishing Anthology
  • Love Is Strange: An Anthology of Paranormal Romance Stories
  • The Monster's Corner: Stories Through Inhuman Eyes
  • Electricity in the Contact
  • Cry Havoc (Cry Havoc 'verse #2)
  • Hide of a Life War
  • A Wildness Warily Awakened
About the Author
Lily G. Blunt enjoys writing contemporary gay romance and paranormal stories. She loves to explore the relationship between two or more men and the intensity of their physical and emotional attraction. Angst often features in her stories as she feels this demonstrates the depth of feelings between them. Lily is often inspired by the lyrics to songs and is forever writing imaginary