Start by marking “Snowed In (Southern Comfort, #3)” as Want to Read:
Snowed In (Southern Comfort, #3)

Snowed In

(Southern Comfort #3)

There’s nothing like a hot kiss on a cold day…

Librarian Maureen O’Connell might have predicted she’d find herself crying into the ice cream case at the supermarket after a bad breakup—but she definitely never imagined that a guy hot enough to melt the Rocky Road would flirt with her right there in the freezer aisle. Only Gavin Fraser isn’t a fantasy, he’s a mouth-watering
Published February 17th 2015 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Snowed In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowed In

Start your review of Snowed In (Southern Comfort, #3)
Mandy
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this short, steamy, and funny novella! This is one of those novellas that you love so much you wish it was a full length novel. I have never read anything by this author before but can't wait to read more. I loved this novella!

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
☕️Kimberly
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Espresso Review of Snowed In

Give me a small-town setting and a hilarious set up and you will have me smiling. InSnowed In, Title introduces us to Maureen O’Connell ogling ice cream at the local supermarket after a bad breakup. She is not dressed to impress so of course a handsome, mouth-watering, Irish God decides to buy ice cream. Gavin Frasier could melt more than her ice cream and I adored their initial encounter. It made me giggle:snort causing those around me to stare. The tale that unfolds
Berls
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fun read! Not at all what I expected, in that I thought it was a much longer and less sexy story. It was such a quick read and incredibly sexy! It was also hilarious, I just love Pipa the os neighbor that Gavin takes care of. Maureen is a great character, I particularly love that she not once, but twice is caught crying on the ice cream aisle. Great stuff! Sure to make you laugh and wish for a sexy snow day of your own!
Karen
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it

This is a short and sweet novella that is perfect to read on a cold winter's day snuggled in your favorite chair. Librarian Maureen has just been dumped by her jerk boyfriend of a couple of years and this leads her to the ice cream isle at the end of her horrible day. One the plus side, she meets Gavin there, a "Knight in shining armor" kind of a guy who can't stand the sight of the poor woman crying her eyes out. So what's the cure? A scorching kiss.
You feel the connection between Maureen and
Terri
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced copy of this novella from the publisher Kensington via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication date is February 17th 2015.

This story was not very long so there is not a lot that I can say without divulging the entire storyline so this will be a short review. Let's go through the checklist to see how many boxes it ticks

Easy to read: check
Instant attraction between strangers: check
Cindy
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, 2014-netgalley
This is an entertaining book to read on a snowy afternoon. Since I live in Florida, I had to pretend it was snowing. :)

I liked the characters in the story. The author gave them lots of personality, This isn't a really long book but we get enough background info to understand Maureen and Gavin. The elderly neighbor was great and added much humor to the story!

This book held my interest and I read it in one day. It was a fun easy read and I plan on looking for others by this author. Even the cover
Ruthie Taylor
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads"

This novella is a lovely afternoon's read, with a satisfying level of passion, caring and confusion. The lead characters are good people, and the outcome is what they deserve. Along the way we also meet Pippa and her latest beau, Merv, who inject a bit of fun into the proceedings. I will definitely be reading more by this author.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Bette Hansen
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick, fun, sexy read that was thoroughly entertaining. After a particularly bad break-up Maureen O'Connell does what any recently dumped woman does - heads to the ice cream aisle. Who would have thought she would find herself being flirted with by an extremely hot guy? One date and one snowstorm later things are getting pretty steamy, but could this lead to something more?? Amazing what you can find in the grocery store these days!

I really liked this novella and I highly recommend you
Lindsay
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
**I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.**

This is the first book I have read by this author and I wasn't disappointed. Great story, characters I really liked and some hot and steamy scenes to warm any person up on a cold winter night. THis book is an excellent way to spend the day while a blizzard rages outside.
Penny Leidecker
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Snowed In is a fast read about two people being snowed in together, on their first date. Gavin meets Maureen at the grocery store, where he finds her crying in the ice cream section. She’s still upset after her ex of two years broke up with her. Grab your copy and see what happens. I bet you’ll love his elderly next door neighbor, Pippa, who doesn’t have a filter, lol.
Sometime
This was a sweet, sexy, cute little story. The MCs were great and I loved Pippa, the nosy old lady next door.

There was some insta-love that gave me whiplash but all in all, this was a nice little read.
Amanda
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-novels
Cute little snow day novella! Still loving sarah title'a voice and style
Valerie
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read by this author, and it's a fantastic. I'll be looking or more of her books.
Miriam
Feb 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I want a neighbor like Pippa! Anyone know where I can find one? *grins*

This isn't actually a story about Pippa, although she is the most hilarious secondary character I've met in a while. This is a story about Maureen and Gavin who meet in the ice cream section of their local grocery story. Now, Maureen had just been dumped by her longtime boyfriend because he wasn't feelin' it, whatever the hell that meant, which is why she was standing in the frozen aisle crying her eyes out. To be honest, her
Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
Snowed In (A Southern Comfort Novella) by Sarah Title
C-, blaze, no kink, contemporary

Maureen has just been dumped by her boyfriend of two years and is crying in the ice cream aisle at the grocery store when Gavin walks up. Unable to watch such a sad scene, he tries to make her smile. They share a steamy kiss and each goes their own way. Weeks later, with a snowstorm brewing, Maureen is again in front of the ice cream freezers and meets an old lady who, upon hearing her breakup story, encourages
Tracey
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

After being jilted by her boyfriend of two years, Maureen O'Connell finds herself in a, well, strange position. Considering drowning her woes in a pint of ice cream, Maureen's encounter with a mystery man amidst the frozen foods is completely out of character, but does the trick of snapping her out of her misery. And when fate brings them together again, she's in for quite a surprise.

Snowed In by Sarah Title was a pleasant surprise for me. I'd never read any of Sarah's books, but this one
Gaele
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
The first I have read by this author, Sarah Title has created a fast-paced, steam till your ice cream melts read that is loaded with personality, humor and heart.

Recovering from a bad breakup, Maureen heads to the ice cream aisle at the grocers, only to find herself in emotional overload at the Rocky Road display. Far from completely ill at ease, Gavin finds her attractive and sets out to flirt with her – and they share a steamy kiss. And Maureen panics and flees out of the store before he has
Rikki
Jan 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
* I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion. *

This is the fourth story in the Southern Comfort series, however even without reading the other three it was no problem to get into it. With a title like “Snowed in” I expected this to be a cabin romance, but I wouldn’t consider being snowed in for a day enough to be called that. Anyway, due to the nature of the story there is not much going on outside the romancing part. The romance was rather
Psusan
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
The novella, Snowed In, makes a wonderful introduction to the writing of Sarah Title. I know it not the first in the series of Southern Comfort but it is the first for me to read. It reads very well as a stand-alone since I am unfamiliar with this series set in Kentucky. I had no confusion or feeling that I am missing something.

This novella doesn’t waste any time getting to the heart of the story - new romance right on the heels of a break up. The grocery store meeting of Gavin and Maureen is
RobertaC. RobertaC.
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a copy of Snowed In from NetGalley.

Since it was a novella, I decided to read it on a lazy Sunday morning, when I didn’t want to get out of bed because it was rainy and cold.
It is a very quick read, that you can easily finish in a few hours, and it was a nice story. It’s clear from the beginning that it’s going to be steamy, because from chapter one, when Maureen and Gavin meet in the frozen food aisle they nearly melt all the ice cream tubs.
When they’re snowed in for a whole day, it
LJT
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a totally awesome novella from "new to me" author Sarah Title! Snowed In traps you right from the beginning and the exciting commotion never wavers. The two primary characters, librarian Maureen O’Connell and business consultant Gavin Foster, have instant chemistry and their journey is replete with desire, hopefulness and love. Ms. Title is an excellent storyteller and her words kept me smirking, engaged and entertained.

Maureen and Gavin meet at the grocery store where they share a
Jeannie
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, mantano
Maureen, who was recently dumped by her boyfriend of 2 years, was standing in front of the ice cream aisle at the grocery store crying her eyes out when she found herself coming face to face with a hunky goddess. The hunky goddess managed to get her to smile and gave her a smoking hot kiss which caused Maureen to make a hasty exit out of the store before hunky goddess could react further.

Since kissing Maureen, Gavin hasn't been able to get her out of his mind and found himself visiting the
Amanda R
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2015, romance
Thanks to Netgalley and Kensington for the book in exchange for an honest review!

Back to Kentucky I go. It feels like home because it is! I really love to read a book set in the state I was born in. Anyway this was a hot little novella.

Maureen doesn't get why her boyfriend broke up with her but he did and now shes sad. She does what most girls do when they're down, she went shopping for junk food, specifically ice cream. While she was crying and trying to choose, a hot guy asks her if shes
Diane Coto
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
What do girls want after an extremely brutal breakup? Ice cream! Yes, Maureen O’Connell was dumped in the worse way by the guy she’d been seeing for over two years. Dave laid it out all too plainly — “… I don’t think this is going to work out. This thing with us.” He followed this goodie with “Now, hush, the weather’s on.” So, she’s in the ice cream aisle at the grocery store and breaks down crying. Along comes ‘a god’ – brown hair; strong jaw; dark eyebrows emphasizing deep blue eyes. Before ...more
Judy
This was a cute little novella. I originally grabbed it thinking Holiday, but it totally wasn't. Think more February late snow storm. Ready for winter to be over, but spring is not quite there.

Maureen gets dumped by her boyfriend of two years at the beginning of the book. While crying in the aisle of the local supermarket, Gavin sees her and cheers her up with a bit of flirting. They both spend the next few weeks thinking about each other and trying to recreate that day in frozen foods, but
Cathy
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS
"Snowed In" by Sarah Title - a Southern Comfort Novella. This one tells the story of Maureen and Gavin. After being dumped by her boyfriend, Gavin finds Maureen crying in the ice cream aisle of the grocery store. They share a scorching kiss but then she disappears. I liked Gavin - he seemed to be good natured and fun and a caring soul. Of course, the fact he was hot doesn't hurt either. Maureen was an ok character for me - I'm not really sure why I just couldn't fully connect with her.
Kathy
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the story of librarian Maureen O’Connell and business consultant Gavin Foster who first meet in the frozen aisle of the local grocery story, have a date and end up stranded in Gavin’s house because of a big snow storm. From the start, there is a solid chemistry between the two, which only grows stronger as time passes. I found the story cute and entertaining, though a large portion of it was spent detailing their escapades in bed. I wish there had been less of that and more interaction, ...more
werejumpinbooks
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the humor in this book, very entertaining. It was definitely a light, quick to the point book. The heroine getting bumped in the beginning was just some of the humor in the novella.
I really enjoyed this book, especially getting to know Maureen. I never cried in the frozen section staring at Ice Cream, but I am sure some of us have. I also loved Pippa, she was full of spunk, and added a lot of giggles to the novella. She reminded me a lot of the elders in our lifetime. There is something
Kristin Kent
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, quick novella for a snow afternoon. There's some great comic relief between the two main characters during their first encounter in, of all things, the grocery store's frozen foods aisle. Maureen's been dumped by her boyfriend of two years, who's "just not feelin' it". Although, she really hasn't lost much of a relationship upon reflection, she's still feeling sorry for herself and cries in the frozen foods section of the local small town grocery store. Enter Gavin. The witty banter ...more
Pansy
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 out of 5 stars
Need something to read while you are wrapped in your favorite blanket in front of the fire sipping hot cocoa? This one is a good choice.

Yes, this couple gets “snowed in” but the temperature between them keeps things HOT!

I liked this couple. She is attempting to get over the heartbreak of a broken relationship. He is just too good to be true! I have heard of the grocery story pick up, but this one . . . *sigh* How come I never find something like this at the grocery store?

The

• Snow Kisses
  • Whole New You: How Real Food Transforms Your Life, for a Healthier, More Gorgeous You: A Cookbook
  • Mug Cakes: 100 Speedy Microwave Treats to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
  • Gluten-Free Cookies: From Shortbreads to Snickerdoodles, Brownies to Biscotti: 50 Recipes for Cookies You Crave
  • COOKING LIGHT The Good Pantry: Homemade Foods & Mixes Lower In Sugar, Salt & Fat
  • The Second Chance Rancher (The Millers of Morgan Valley #1)
  • The Snow Man
  • Sweet Like Candy (Erotic Intentions Book 2)
  • I Want (Enamorado, #2)
  • Beauty in Autumn (Beauty, #3)
  • I Need (Enamorado #3)
  • Suddenly Single
  • Burn For Me (Phoenix Fire, #1)
  • Drakon's Prey (Blood of the Drakon, #2)
  • Drakon's Plunder (Blood of the Drakon, #3)
  • Handsome Rancher (Handsome Devils, #1)
  • Wanted: Perfect Partner
  • Drakon Unchained (Blood of the Drakon, #5)
Sarah Title has worked as a barista, a secretary, a furniture painter, and once managed a team of giant walking beans. She currently leads a much more normal life as a librarian in West Virginia. Kentucky Home is her first novel.

Southern Comfort (5 books)
  • Kentucky Home (Southern Comfort, #1)
  • Home Sweet Home (Southern Comfort, #2)
  • Two Family Home (Southern Comfort, #4)
  • Practice Makes Perfect (Southern Comfort #5)