Start by marking “Toxic” as Want to Read:
Toxic

Toxic

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not...

New York Times bestselling author Kim Karr turns up the heat in a smoking hot, emotionally compelling new novel that takes you into the world of Manhattan’s elite.

In Toxic, Jeremy McQueen, a sexy, intense, sometimes brooding entrepreneur goes after what he wants—the woman he left behind years ago. Phoebe St. Claire, a
Published July 7th 2015 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about Toxic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toxic

Katy Loves Romance ❤️
NOW LIVE ~ http://amzn.to/1dHKvYf
who wants to win a PB copy or an e-book for US & Canadian Residents? Enter here ~ http://on.fb.me/1KPyfC2

5+++++ AH-MAZING Stars
 photo 0A5EF9EB-8E14-4E92-83E0-142A43C3E35F_zpsg6vdk64c.jpg

I've been in a book slump recently not really wanting to pick my kindle up. And then I picked Toxic up and BAM I was amazed by this story and these characters and how REAL and palpable they were, how I felt everything they went thhttp://on.fb.me/1KPyfC2
5+++++
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

Jeremy McQueen.
He wasn't just any boy- he was "the boy". The only one I never should have met, and the one I'd never trade meeting for the world.

It's been over a week since I read Toxic and it's taken me this long to be able to sum my feelings and clear my head enough to rate it. If I can describe this book for you in one word, it would be exhausting. I was absolutely emotionally spent wheclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Geri Reads
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me just say that the title of this book is SPOT ON and that I had a hard time rating this one. This book was definitely emotional in a way that takes hold of you. On the other hand, the characters frustrated me. They tested my patience. But...that was part of its appeal, which is why I gave this 4 stars.

Toxic tells a story about Jeremy McQueen and Phoebe St. Claire. They met years ago during St. Clare's summer break at the Hamptons. Jeremy is from the wrong side of the tracks and hates the
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 TOXIC STARS

I really enjoyed Toxic!!The tittle is so perfect,it suits the story!I haven't read a lot of books by Kim Karr but so far this is my favorite book from her!This book was unpredictable and this is what I loved more!!Toxic is

description

Phoebe met Jeremy the summer she graduate high school.Their connection is instant and they spend an amazing night!After this they are together until something happens that will tear them apart.Now after years Phoebe was ready to get married to Dawson but she chang
Melissa
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I can’t think of a word that more aptly describes this story than typical. There is nothing about it that stands out or hasn’t been done before, making it kind of forgettable. I can’t say I was impressed that the entire plot was built solely on hasty decisions, poor communication and pointless drama either. How many times can a person disappear and not answer their phone?

If you’re familiar with this genre, you know - good girl from a wealthy family, falling for the ‘bad boy’ with a chip on his shoulder - i
warhawke
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Phoebe St. Claire came from New York’s elite family. At 26, she replaced her father as the CEO of The Saint Corporations. However, the once booming hotel empire was quickly crumbling and she was desperate in saving her family legacy.

Hope came in the form of Jeremy McQueen. Five years earlier they had a summer fling that leftFemale
Rating:Standalone
POV:
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 “He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not” STARS

OH MY GOD!!!! What a Fantastic READ!!!! I love Kim Karr. I’ve read all of her books and I was SUPER excited with this one. I love the cover, I love the blurb and I just simply LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!!!

It has all the elements you are looking for in a read. There’s LOVE, slight ANGST, CRAZY Plot and STEAMY scenes.

YOU.WILL.NOT.BE.DISSAPOINTED

Phoebe and Jeremy had a crazy fling. They were reckless, but had fun. The only thing though, Phoebe kept a secret. Now, this usually makes me nervous. I don’t like “
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
So I started this book and was really enjoying but the constant unnecessary drama due to poor communication over and over really began to turn me off. Phoebe needs a punch in the twat and Jeremy needs a junk punch.

How many times can you cut off your phone and ignore people and then expect everything to be fine.

The book had a little bit of a gossip girl type feel because they are the elite in NYC. Phoebe and Jeremy's relationship is definitely toxic and they are screwed for the future.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Okay so right up front, I will admit this isn’t my favorite type of read. WAAAAAAAAY too much back and forth - enough to make you dizzy. In the beginning I really enjoyed Jeremy and Phoebe. Toxic is told in flashbacks and present day exchanges. It is obvious the Phoebe has never gotten over her first love and is realizing that she is settling for her current one.

What ensues is a mystery, a romance, a betrayal, a dizzying array of thoughts and accusations, and ultimately a matter of trust.

I am sure many will fi
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
♦ 4.5 "Lost and Found" Stars! ♦

I was looking for a good read, a good stand-alone read and I didn't fail when I decided to read Toxic by Kim Karr. This the story between Phoebe St. Claire (the now CEO of her father's business and fiancée of another man) and Jeremy McQueen (her bad-boy sweetheart from a young lovely summer holidays at the Hamptons).

This is a second-chance romance and it is beautiful to read between the past and the present situation of the main characters. Phoebe and Jeremy, both separated after an in
Michelle
ARC provided by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

TOXIC!!! When we hear the word, toxic, automatically we associate it with danger and something we need to stay away from. But in Kim Karr's newest release there is nothing TOXIC about this book because I absolutely LOVE LOVE this book. More like dangerously intoxicated!!!

As one of my favorite authors, Kim Karr never fails to deliver an angsty romance that will keep readers like myself spellbinded and addicted. And in her newest release, Kim Karr has once again deliveredreview
[image
Fran
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

The back and forth between the two main characters gave me a serious case of whiplash.
Aestas Book Blog
Dec 01, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
New standalone with an intriguing blurb!

Sometimes you have to wonder if your life is too good to be true.
Is it real or just an illusion?
Does the man lying beside you really love you...?
If the answer is yes, you’re meant to live happily ever after.
If the answer is no, you’re living my life…
and nothing will ever be the same.

I know I should walk away, but I can't.

I’ll take whatever I can get for as long as it lasts.
I know when it’s over…
I’ll never find another man/>I’ll/>I/>Is
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
**COVER REVEAL**
TOXIC by Author Kim Karr
(A Standalone novel)

The blurb sounds so good! I need to experience my first Kim Karr is what I'm thinking! I love a good stand alone story!

RELEASE DATE: July 7th, 2015

Amazon.com pre-order link
Amazon.co.uk pre-order link

Cover reveal presented by TRSOR Promotions
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

ARC Received in exchange for an honest review

4.5 Intoxicating Stars

Once again Kim Karr delivers another intense romance filled with plot twists and laced with all I’ve come to love from this author…Intrigue, drama, angst and intoxicatingly sizzling passion. Toxic tells
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author via blog tour*

4.5 ★

Whew... the angst... the intensity... that was exhausting...

What I learned from the 1st Kim Karr read is that the blurb doesn’t tell you all, which is good. Also, the degree of emotions ends up being more than I anticipate, which is, again, good. And true enough, this is what I got with this 2nd read.

Phoebe and Jeremy have a long interrupted history. Having met when they were young, things not working out, and meeting again by chan/>4.5
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

TOXIC is the story of Phoebe and Jeremy.
And what a story it is.
We don't meet Jeremy until Phoebe has told us a little about her life. Her life after Jeremy.
She's from a rich hotel family (who might be in financial trouble very soon, due to her father being in prison!) she's more or less happily engaged to Dawson, but she's not happy. She keeps thinking and daydreaming about Jeremy...Questioning her life and decisions...
A few weeks after she ends things with her fiancé, Jeremey is the one who rescues her in a club, where some idiot t
Vanessa
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Intoxicating Stars!!!

1-Click Addict Support Group
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Toxic by Kim Carr is the story of Jeremy and Phoebe, who fall in love at a young age and meet again years later. History doesn’t always stay in the past when it comes to love. I cried, laughed, and maybe even thought about screaming at my Kindle while reading this book.

I fell in love with these characters. The bond that they have is something that we crave as humans, and these friends are family. They take care of each other through thick and thin. Loving someone doesn’t always mean that it will be
Sara
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: july-2015
This started out pretty good.

Phoebe meets Jeremy the night of her 21st bday party. She comes from money, he comes from struggle. She doesn't tell him her last name, because for some reason he doesn't only hate her father, he hates rich people in general. They start a hot and heavy relationship until one day she sees something and over reacts, so then he over reacts, and pretty much that was the rest of the book.

I did like Jere
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
ARC provided by Penguin Intermix via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
This was a very refreshing second chance romance.
Phoebe is a woman born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She has always wanted to live a life not guided by her parents, but circumstances have forced her to take over the family's hotel chain. She has a boyfriend but their relationship is not what she dreams. Knowing that she will not be happy with Dawson, she breaks the engagement off, choosing to live on her own. Her past collides with her future with a force when fate brings her face to face with her first
Holly
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My_Review

Angst lovers rejoice! Toxic was HELLA angsty and completely unputdownable. I devoured it on Sunday in one sitting refusing to leave my house until I was done. I tried to leave, but I found myself trying to get presentable with my Kindle in my lap so I could keep reading. I finally gave up and realized Jeremy and Phoebe's fate was more important than me going to Target. Kim's writing sucked me right in to the high-class world of the Upper East Side, the Hamptons, and the world of VIP. She had my stomach

TF
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars
Tonyalee
See this review and more on my blog, After Hours at Lilybloombooks

Ah, Toxic. How I love thee. You took me by surprise with your fast paced, twisty plot. Characters who, I not only admired, but rooted for from the beginning. Whose chemistry and (frequent) hot -n- sexy scenes lit my kindle on fire. Your angst kind of irritated me at times though - but this pesky detail I can over look.
Whew, this book y'all.

Toxic really did take me by surprise. I was expecting an angst filled second chance roman/>Toxic/>4.5
Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Second chance romances really are a favorite of mine. For some reason they almost give me hope that sometimes the one we think that got away….really didn’t. Kim Karr framed this scenario seamlessly in her latest release Toxic. She gave us one woman’s plight of holding on to that perfect memory of her one true love perfectly. I absolutely loved this book. It was one of those books that ran through all my emotions of happiness, sadness, joy, anger and peace…and I loved every minute of it.
Paige
4 “Toxic Fairy Tale” Stars

I fell in love with Kim Karr and her Connections series. She can write angst and desire and true soul deep love like she was born to do so. When I received the chance to read her newest standalone, I was a little giddy. After reading the second chance romance synopsis, I was hooked.

Toxic is the toxic fairy tale of Phoebe and Jeremy who first meet on college summer break in the Hamptons. Phoebe, from wealth and privilege, hides who she really is because of J
Ela
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Too much going back and forth for my head but overall a cute story, although I think the reason(s)for their "breakup" was in my opinion too overrated and made more complex than needed to be.
Kim Karr
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Get ready to meet Jeremy McQueen and Phoebe St. Claire!!! I can't wait to share them with you!!
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
DNF @21%

"review" later.

I received an Arc in exchange for an honest review
Book Giveaways: Book giveaway on my blog 1 10 Jul 09, 2015 05:38AM

• Bound for Salvation (The Bound Trilogy #2)
  • Just One Lie (Just One Night, #2)
  • A Taste of Summer (Beyond the Mathews Family, #1)
  • Just One Sip (The Club)
  • Like Candy (Candy #1)
  • Triumph (Bellator Saga, #6)
  • In Too Deep
  • Behind the Scandal (Reluctance, #2)
  • Pretending She's His (Hard Feelings, #2.5)
  • All or Nothing: An Abbott Springs Romance
  • Exchange of Fire (SBG, #1)
  • The Spire (The Walshes, #6)
  • Taz (G-Man, #5)
  • Ten Thousand Words (Ten Thousand #1)
  • Double Betrayal (Surviving #3)
  • Katherine in Gold (The Beachy Bride, #2)
  • New Point (Point, #1)
  • What Escapes (The Fetish Box, #2)
Reader * Chocolate Lover * Writer * Coffee Lover * Romantic * Beach Lover * Yoga Beginner

Kim Karr is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of eighteen novels. Best known for writing sexy contemporary love stories, she enjoys bringing flawed characters to life.

Her romances are raw, real, and explosive.
Her characters will make you laugh, make you cry, make you feel.
An
“Just because two people ceased to exist as a unit, it didn’t mean you no longer felt the other person’s presence in your life.” 2 likes
“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.” —GILDA RADNER” 1 likes