Start by marking “The Vampire's Partner (Romance In Central City #2)” as Want to Read:
The Vampire's Partner (Romance In Central City #2)

The Vampire's Partner (Romance in Central City #2)

With Panthera Laboratories running again The Vampire Guard has no choice but to return to Central City. Pretending to be lovers Hunter and Alice are sent to do reconnaissance. But pretending to be something they both wish was real proves harder than they expect.

All logical thought tells Alice there’s no reason to mix business with pleasure unless you’re looking for a probl
Published September 27th 2014 by Jordan K Rose (first published September 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire's Partner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire's Partner

Lorna
Jun 06, 2015 Lorna rated it really liked it
Not long ago I read and reviewed Her Vampire’s Promise and after that I bought this one, the second in this series of novellas. While the first one left me hanging and wishing for more, this one actually wrapped up the story nicely.

These novellas feature a group of vampires called The Guard, that are trying to shut down the evil workings of the Panthera Corporation-something not exactly easy to do. Hunter is a vampire partnered with a human named Alice. She’s as feisty as the day is long, beauti
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
This book is the second in the Romance in Central City series and there was a cross over of some of the characters. I was in love with the fact that Garrison's character was in this story, he is the best!! I enjoyed this story better than the first. It had a great beginning, middle and ending.

I think that the romance building between Hunter and Alice is a bit on the smoldering to reality side and I just loved that. I liked Alice's character when we are talking about her being a bada$$ officer wh
Amy Hannagan
May 02, 2017 Amy Hannagan rated it really liked it
In this second installment of Romance in Central City, we meet vampire, Hunter and his human partner, Alice. Hunter found Alice and upon discovering that she is immune to Vampire mind control, he brought her into to work with The Guards. Together they are working to get intel on the Panthera lab. But their attraction to each other could jeopardize the mission. This is another fun, sweet chapter to a great story.
Lourin
May 04, 2015 Lourin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, vampire
Great addition to the series.

Alice is a human pretty much immune to vampire control who can hold her own in a fight. This combination makes her the perfect candidate to work with the vampires. However, having feelings for her partner, who she knows could have a harem of women at his disposal, wasn't part of the plan. Having a rough childhood has made Alice ensure she gives off a rough, tough vibe, but inside is the heart of a woman who wants love and can't deny a stray dog.

Hunter has been in lov
Natalie Johnston
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I do really like this series, I just wish they were full length novels instead of novella's.

The Vampire's Partner is Hunter and Alice's story. Alice is a human with an immunity to vampire compulsion, Hunter "saved" her when she was being mugged (she was already kicking the mugger's ass herself) he used his vampiric strength in front of Alice and because of her immunity he couldn't make her forget what she saw.

The story begins over two years l
Samaris Creech
Sep 29, 2014 Samaris Creech rated it it was amazing
Alice is a human who has a vampire partner who drives her mad in the best of ways. She is constantly trying to prove that she is just as good as he is. Hunter has had it bad for Alice since the day he found her fighting in a n alley. The fact that she seems immune to his compulsion makes her that much more attractive to him. However Alice seems to tolerate him at best and has a hard rule of not dating co-workers. While out on a mission for the Guard things take an unexpected turn and Hinter thin ...more
She Hearts Books
Sep 28, 2014 She Hearts Books rated it really liked it
Alice and Hunter are partners in the Vampire Guard. They are in Central City trying to find out who is running Panthera, how they're recruiting, and the new weapon they have acquired. They are undercover as lovers at a coffee shop when they end up fighting a group trying to rob it and discover that 2 of the robbers are under the influence of vampire blood. Along with fighting these robbers, they are also fighting their feelings for each other. Even more so after Alice kisses Hunter in the coffee ...more
Julie
I got a kick out of Alice and Hunter! Flowing conversations, lots of snark, and interesting quirks gave them a fun appeal. Hunter and his moments with Puppy-pup (a super sweet rescue dog Alice found and brought back to base to join the other 12 she still hadn't put in homes) were adorable, and the sparring scene between Hunter and Alice? They were giving off serious heat on the mat, but the end result made me want to give poor Hunter an ice pack after Alice's abrupt move!

The Vampire's Partner i
Elizabeth/snoopypeach
Apr 11, 2016 Elizabeth/snoopypeach rated it really liked it
Set in Central City Alice and Hunter are partners in a world of vampires both good and bad with enough crime to keep their team busy. Alice is feisty, compassionate and tough. Hunter, a vampire, is sexy, cocky, and loves to rile Alice up. Watching these two fight their attraction for each other while battling to keep their city safe and throw in a pack of misfit dogs...... seriously how can it not be a fun story! This story runs the gambit of action packed, to sexually charged, to sweet to bring ...more
Heather De Los Reyes
I really enjoyed this Novella. It was long enough to get to know the characters and the plot but short enough that the book didn't feel drawn out. The back and forth point of view is really neat. I thought it was interesting to be able to read her side then his. It gave you some detail about the people from the first Novella so you know what happened to them. I was excited to read this one and was even more thrilled that it did not disappoint. There are some steamy hot parts in it but nothing to ...more
Tiffany
Oct 28, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Central City novellas was actually even better than the first! Alice is a human, immune to vampire compulsion, working with the vampire guard. Hunter is her partner, who wants to make Alice his mate. They both want each other, and neither is sure that they should cross that line, which makes their partnership one that is frustratingly hilarious. Oh, and Alice is a rescue dog hoarder, which is it's own set of problems. I laughed my way through this book in an evening!
Janet Arroyo
Sep 18, 2016 Janet Arroyo rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Jordan K Rose for my free e-book of "The Vampire's Partner" in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed this book. It's about Alice a human who is immune to vampire persuasion and she works with Hunter who is a vampire. Hunter actually has a soft side but Alice has a hard time seeing it. There's a lot of sexual tension and plenty of action and adventure. It was a fun read.
Deborah
May 21, 2016 Deborah rated it it was amazing
Pets For Vamps... Huh!

An ARC was given to me for an honest review. This is a quick fun read about partners who both wish their relationship was more. But neither one knows how to achieve it. They got lucky enough that someone else noticed their dilemma and came up with a way to help them out. Enjoy I did. This is my first read by this author but it won't be my last.
Lisacldmom2ksd
May 17, 2016 Lisacldmom2ksd rated it it was amazing
. I could not stop chuckling. It tugged my heart. Jorden Rose won me over as a fan. Loved the bickering between the characters. You could see the steam rising between the two.
I loved it and so won't you. Go ahead and read it!
Kathryn Synoracki
May 28, 2015 Kathryn Synoracki rated it it was amazing
The author gave me this book for an honest review! I loved this book as much as the first one in the series! It can be read as a stand alone! But I highly recommend the series! If you love vampire romance, this is the series for you!
Julie
Apr 22, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella was great, two undercover partners keeping their feelings from one another. Just enough world overlap to know the progress from previous characters and the "big picture" the whole Guard is fighting.
Kathryn Synoracki
This book wasin given to me by the author for an honest review! I loved it as much as the first one this series! It can be read as a stand alone! But I recommend the series! If you love vampires, this is the series for you!
Andrea Smith
May 27, 2015 Andrea Smith rated it it was amazing
I love reading Jordan's books. They are fun, romantic, and can be intense. This book is one of my favorites. I love animals as much as Alice. If you enjoy dogs for pets, good looking vampires, and intense flirting, you will enjoy this book. It is the second in A Romance in Central City series.
Paula Genereau
Jun 03, 2015 Paula Genereau rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
thoughts tell Alice there’s no reason to mix business with pleasure unless you’re looking for trouble, But she can't quit fantasizing about him. becoming a member of his haram is not a future she seen for herself . Can she get her heart to reason or will she let it consume her.
Raeline Peterson
Sep 29, 2014 Raeline Peterson rated it liked it
I liked this one ,it started slow but then it turned really good . Im gonna have to read the rest of these .
Anne Richardson
Jul 16, 2016 Anne Richardson rated it liked it
Very slow start took me awhile to get into this book. Finished a bit abruptly. Still not sure whether I liked. It
Yvonne Graham
Oct 02, 2016 Yvonne Graham rated it liked it
I did enjoy this story it had a bit of everything. Romance, compassion and intrigue. I'm a dog lover a s well so enjoyed this part of the story.
Mandy Sawyer
Sep 13, 2015 Mandy Sawyer rated it really liked it

I enjoyed this second instalment. Looking forward to part three to see where this storyline is going
Mindy Mccray
Sep 10, 2015 Mindy Mccray rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Hunter and Alice have a great partnership even though they secretly like eachother, they keep it professional. Can't wait to read more by this author!
Jennifer Hill
Jennifer Hill rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Teigan Crowe
Teigan Crowe rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Vicki Mercer
Vicki Mercer rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2015
Aviar Savijon
Aviar Savijon rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2017
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: can you combine these two editions please 2 242 Jul 29, 2015 01:25PM
Bargain Basement: GIVEAWAY - The Vampire's Partner 1 4 Sep 29, 2014 05:08AM
Jordan loves vampires. But if you know anything about Jordan, you already knew that detail. What you didn’t know was it wasn’t long ago that she began writing about them.

A few years back Jordan received a copy of Twilight from her husband as part of her anniversary gift. By the end of that week she’d read the entire series and moved onto Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles. Eight weeks and eighteen va
More about Jordan K. Rose...

Romance in Central City (6 books)
  • Her Vampire's Promise  (Romance in Central City #1)
  • A Vampire's Passion (Romance In Central City #3)
  • His Vampire Past (Romance In Central City, #4)
  • The Vampire's Penance (Romance in Central City #5)
  • The Vampire's Prophecy (Romance in Central City #6)

“The love of a dog was unconditional and unending. They never got tired of their partner and never cheated or decided they wanted to try something new with their lives. Once a dog loved you, he loved you forever.” 0 likes