Start by marking “Trapped: Expanded Edition (Bite-Sized Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trapped: Expanded Edition (Bite-Sized Romance, #1)

Trapped: Expanded Edition

(Bite-Sized Romance #1)

Serena is between a rock and a hard place.
A military experiment gone wrong has sent her world crashing down--along with everybody else's--as a mysterious disease turns living, breathing, red-blooded people into mindless weapons of destruction. Supplies have run so low that her husband leaves to find food for them and never returns.
Serena finds herself alone and preparing f
Paperback, Anniversary Edition, 208 pages
Published September 29th 2014 by Poison Arrow Publishing (first published September 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Trapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapped

Start your review of Trapped: Expanded Edition (Bite-Sized Romance, #1)
Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva
I can't even begin to list all the things that made this fail but I want to start by saying its not a lack of talent. It boils down to a writer who seems completely out of touch with what's romantic, compelling and sexy.

First ten pages, I was stoked. Zombie apocalypse, black heroine, bad ass alpha hero. It went straight to hell soon after.

the writing is solid. But the choices....oooh for the love of books, the choices she made for these two. (spoilers ahead) Starting with...
WHO THE F*CK thinks i
Netanella
I did not like this book, but the surprise ending - Steven's statement to Serena at the end - made me give it one additional star.

The writing style is smooth, and free from grammatical boo boos. It was also interesting to see an interracial couple, which is typically not done in most romances, zombie or otherwise. These are the only things I can say I liked about this story.

As a zombie story, there was a lot left to be desired - like, you know, zombies, for one. For a post-ZA world, our intrepi
Carolyn Injoy
I received a free kindle copy of Trapped: Expanded Edition (Bite-Sized Romance #1) (Bite-Sized Romance: Zombie Apocalypse Book 1) by Rose Francis from Amazon for fair review. I gave it four stars.

It is a post apocalyptic world where there was the release of a virus from a base that did military research. Rather than calling the resulting victims of this virus zombies, they are called Morphs & cannot be healed. The only solution is to shoot them in the head.

Steven, Gregory's best friend comes to
Rebecca
Apr 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
Toni
I liked this novella mainly because it depicts the franticness that one would feel while the end of the world was upon them. Feelings change without even thinking about them. Life is looked at differently. And in this zombie apocalypse tale, both hold true.

What got me and makes me want to read the next book in the series is the ending. The bomb dropped and it left me feeling like I had been struck by lightning while simultaneously drowning.

It was like an OMG. What. The. Hell. Just. Happened. He
Kelly
I really don't know how I feel about this book. I liked the zombies. I liked the total destruction of the world as we know it. But I didn't like the quasi-forced consent between Serena and Steven. Because while her body was willing, Serena's head was definitely not in the game.

That said, I thought the ending was weirdly awesome. Such a punch to the gut. One little line made me all O.O and (O)_(O) and back to O.O.

If only the D/s themes had been less squicky for me. I would have been ALL OVER this
Jocelyn Dex
The beginning of this book was intriguing, then it went wrong. Very wrong for me. When the hero of a story tells the heroine, "I'm not going to rape you." Then, he's on top of her and apologizing because he can't control himself and he does the deed... That's not sexy to me. It's icky.

Because of the decent writing, I'd consider trying another book by this author, but I'd read the reviews first and if anyone mentioned "rapey", I'd definitely pass on it.
C.J.
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part one is a good start to this zombie apocalypse story. Look forward to part 2.
Kymm
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

OMG this book was good. All the twists and turns. The ending was the best. So many questions that was left unanswered. The author is brilliant.
Shinary Nembhard
Great book

Wonderful story kept me coming back for more, now I am to purchase the second half to see what happens...
HI5O
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Immensely enjoyable

My first zombie apocalyptic story and I really thought it was well written and developed. The words basically jumped and you could picture everything.
Justine
Apr 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bwwm
I dislike zombies, just as much as I dislike vampires and shifters.
Laverne Brewster
Did not read. Purchased in error on November 26, 2016. Marked as read and removed from my devices in April 2019.
Teri
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Serena is between a rock and a hard place.

A military experiment gone wrong has sent her world crashing down—along with everybody else’s—as a mysterious disease turns living, breathing, red-blooded people into mindless weapons of destruction.
Supplies have run so low that her husband leaves to find food and never returns.
Serena finds herself alone, preparing for inevitable death from starvation when her husband’s best friend, Steven, shows up to her rescue.

After seeing his best friend turn, Steven
Serenity
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was completely stoked for this read, I thought, "Zombies, the apocalypse, hot alpha male, the perfect story" although I was utterly disappointed in return. I tried to finish the book, trust me I really did, but it was nearly impossible. One of my main dislikes was (SPOILERS AHEAD) Steven was so convinced that this is what Serena wanted, that she wanted to have sex with her deceased Husband's best-friend not even a week after she receives the knowledge of his death. And on top of that, she (Ser ...more
Monique
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
SPOILER ALERT
I'm glad that I decided to read this updated version after reading the original first. I liked the story - I could see it being made into a script for a feature film on the SyFy Channel - a pretty good one at that!
I appreciated the characters' back stories - they made the characters more believable and relevant. I actually cared about them.
I had some reservations with Steven's character though - I felt that he was short of being a rapist, but I found myself also drawn to him. The fa
Mary Lee
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not well written

The writing wasn't professional by any means. People's thoughts were strange. In the beginning she feared him, but later she say she always desired him. So which is it? She was not only send I g mixed signals, but thinking mixed signals. Dude all so sounded pretty crazy at times. Burning bodies is not an easy thing to do and the smoke is the most vile thing you could ever smell. No way would you stand around a burning body or burn them in the street. There didn't seem to be much
Kara Meeks
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
The story was there, but I just couldn't commit to it. I had one major drawback... there are minimal zombies in this zombie apocalypse book. There are some books you read and you ARE the story and this was not one of those. It was a good read, but for me it is not a re-read. It walks that precarious line for a heartbeat, but pulled the story out of what could have been a catastrophic tailspin. It is a fast read and had very few errors in it.
Lauryn
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved this... I almost wanted to feel trapped

Love the psychologicAl and sexual tension plus her writing style......... Pick it up ... You won't be disappointed I promise
Rose Francis
*This is the FIRST edition (part one only)*
Mya
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
The plot was there, but he was an ass and she was more weak than I would have like her to be.
Rose Francis
*This is the EXPANDED edition (w/ prologue, additional scenes, and part two added).*
Nu-Nu
rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2014
Monica Sykes Tina
Mar 24, 2020
Jenn
rated it did not like it
Dec 29, 2015
Jun 05, 2015
Nikkia
Sep 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Fans of Interraci...: Zombie Apocalypse BWWM IR: TRAPPED 11 66 Jan 20, 2014 03:09PM

• When She Purrs: A Risdaverse Tale
  • Alien Mate
  • Andorra Sector (X-Clan #1)
  • Beast (Norseton Wolves #1)
  • Prime Obsession (The Prime Chronicles, #1)
  • Sir Loin of Beef (Grade-A Beefcakes #1)
  • Wolf Fever (Alpha Project, #1)
  • Feed, Seed, & Breed
  • Creamed by Cave Creatures (Monster Mayhem #4)
  • The Ugly Dukeling: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Contaminated: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Sol (Luna Lodge, #1)
  • Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1)
  • Theirs for the Night (The Thalanian Dynasty, #1)
  • Dragon Next Door (Forgotten Dragons, #1)
  • Sin and Ink (Sweetest Taboo, #1)
  • Hot as Hades
  • Stolen Desire (Planet of Desire #3)
Rose writes contemporary interracial romance (mostly BWWM). Her stories star white-collar heroes as well as billionaires, and the women of color who fall in love with them! Some are on the sweet side, and some are on the steamy side.

For white-collar heroes, check out the Sweet Redemption & Holiday Hunks series.
For Cinderella-type billionaire love stories, check out The Billionaire's Desire, The Bi

Bite-Sized Romance (4 books)
  • The Lifeguard (Bite-Sized Romance, #3)
  • Leap of Faith (Bite-Sized Romance, #2)
  • Sudden Leaps: A Collection of Short Novellas: Leap of Faith/The Lifeguard/A Valentine’s Day Surprise (BWWM Interracial Romance Bundle Book 3)

News & Interviews