Start by marking “Treasure” as Want to Read:
Treasure

Treasure

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  448 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews
Her sister’s bachelorette party is the highlight of a miserable year for Alexis Chambers, but once her bridesmaid’s dress is packed away, she’s back to coping with her life as a once popular athlete and violinist turned loner and the focus of her parents’ disappointment. She isn’t expecting much from her freshman year of college until she finds herself sharing a class with ...more
Published October 14th 2014 by Bold Strokes Books, Inc. (first published October 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasure

Joc
Alexis meets Treasure at a strip club while attending her sister's bachelorette party. They're both taken with each other but only meet again a little while later in a computer science class.

It's sweet and engaging. Even though it's a short read, it feels complete.
Olivia
I really enjoyed reading a young adult f/f book showing the perspectives of two young women of colour and their family dynamic dealing with their sexuality.

Both women are juniors in college, one comes from an upper class family (Alexis), and the other (Trisha) an underprivileged and single parent family. I really appreciated the author's well informed view and positive depiction of Trisha's autonomy and independency dancing at a strip club, paying her way through school and supporting her mothe
Dee
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

What a delightful, sexy, thought provoking story. I loved both main characters, they were so very different, but seemed as if they would fit together perfectly. If only they could figure that out....

Speaking of fitting together, the erotic scenes in this story were blended in perfectly, not just randomly thrown in, and steamed up more than a page or two, yum ;)

Back to the characters. Treasure a.k.a Trisha, was indeed a ‘treasure’. She wasn't born into riches but chose to make the best
Laura (bbliophile)
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
There were quite a few things I liked about this. I loved the very positive sex work rep, I liked the relationship, etc, but there were quite a few acephobic and ableist comments :/
Tara
Really enjoyed this one. Rebekah Weatherspoon is one of my auto buy authors, and this novella didn't disappoint.

2016 reread: I enjoyed this even more than I did the first time. When I first read it, I was expecting another erotic romance like the rest of Rebekah Weatherspoon's books, and I didn't get New Adult as a genre at all. This is a perfect New Adult romance and I love it.

Full review here: http://www.thelesbianreview.com/treas...
M. Hollis
"They hadn't talked about being girlfriends or liking each other again, but by holding her hand, Alexis thought that Trisha was saying she wanted to be seen with her. Alexis had no idea what that felt like - to be wanted, to not be a source of embarrassment or shame - until that very moment."

Definitely one of the best and most adorable NA and F/F books out there with really nice smut. I loved the girls' relationship and how cute it was to see them texting each other and being so sweet together.
Luce
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I have only read a couple of Weatherspoon's short stories. I wanted to read one of her novels but guess this is really a novella? I enjoyed this book. I don't normally read novels in this age group 18-22 (new adults?). I'll definitely checkout another of her books.
M
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, l-books
Very, very good.

Wonderful context and characters. Highly recommended.
X ✚ Black Magic Reviews

I'm a few years late to the party on this, but TREASURE was exactly the refresher I needed after a few naff reads.

If I had to sum this book up in one word, I'd call it real. It's so many more things than that, but what got to me was the reality and depth of the characters and their relationship, from the awkward to the sweet, from the hilarious to the heartbreaking, from the angsty to the sexual.

And I'm going to tell you right here, right now, that no matter your fucking orientation, Alexis and
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've read this book twice in one week and both times I've given it 5 stars what more can i say
Anne
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rebekah Weatherspoon perfectly describes what it's like being young and being in a lesbian relationship for the first time. The story is short (36,900 words), but I tip my hat to the way she made things happen, especially the family drama.

Alexis is probably the cutest soft butch ever! I loved the fact that her first time with Trisha was clumsy. Their relationship was solid and they were mature enough to start something special, but I had a hard time believing that Alexis was 100% ok with Trisha’
Rena
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Loved it. I think Alexis is the cutest baby butch ever.
Justina
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f, romantic
This story is rich yet beguiling, magnificent yet down to earth, and intriguing yet heartwarmingly human. Two African-American young women about to start their freshman year at college from very different economic backgrounds initially meet in a delightfully offbeat way. When they unexpected bump into each other on the first day of class, there is a delicate connection that sparks with potential as remembrance enfolds both of them. The feeling that embraces these women as they reacquaint themsel ...more
K.J. Charles
Oh, this was so sweet. Very lovely lesbian NA with a girl from the wrong side of the tracks working as a stripper, and one from a wealthy family trying to rebuild her self esteem and independence. Huggable characters, hot, and both MCs a lovely blend of strength and vulnerability. Big recommend.
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
Loved this so much. Black girls falling in love + positive sex worker rep... *heart eyes* for days.

Lexxi Kitty
A 19 year old and a 20 year old meet at a strip club, one's there with her sister and her sister's friends - celebrating the sister's upcoming marriage. The other was there working. As a stripper.

Alexis, the 19 year old, has a certain amount of social anxiety and 'issues', but she sits there somewhat frozen, clutching a bunch of money, and with somewhat bulging eyes (conceivably) not for these 'issues' but because of the woman dancing near her. Wiggling her breasts at her, wiggling her ass at he
Shira Glassman
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: qwoc, femslash
Evocative little book that totally captured the real experience--both sweet and painful--of the early days of a relationship between women from totally different backgrounds. Fitting together different lives takes some bumps in the road, certainly.

Loved the note about Alexis looking like she was going through "some sort of religious experience" as she watches Trisha perform for the first time; I have totally experienced those moments. And the narrator subtly mocking heterosexist straight people,
Mónica BQ
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So, this book was far from perfect. There's a tiny bit of insta-love. It has a bit of an abrupt ending. Nothing much happens...
BUT it has one of the strongest beginnings I've read for a while. Lesbian woman of color in your fucking face talking about being turned on. I LOVED IT. Honest portrayal of being a woman. Terrific descriptions of overachiever and pressuring families. It was never over dramatic or tragic.
It was a joy to read this.
It's a short book, so that helped a lot with the little nig
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
TW: Depression, mention of suicide, anxiety, ableist language

WAAAAAH!!!! THIS WAS SO CUTE AND GOOD AND AHHHH!!! *incoherent screams* Black women in love, sex worker positivity, sex positivity, realistic portrayals, ALL THE SWOON, CUTE AND SMUT... I just, this book just made my little heart happy.

It was a very quick read that I was able to finish in two sittings (while I was pretty busy) and that never failed to make me grin like an absolute fool.

MORE LIKE THIS PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!

The only
Chasia Lloyd
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was veryyyyy much into this! NA F/F with both leads being WoC? Yasssss!!! Alexis and Trisha are delightful characters to follow, and their chemistry is instant and hot. Loved, loved, LOVED Trisha being a stripper and it was treated as a respectful job with no jealousy on Alexis's end. I wish this had been a full length book so I could read more about them.

Trigger warning for some mentions of a past suicide attempt, so please read with care.
Fia
Nov 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
BORING.

The story was boring, the characters were boring and without any chemistry and just....no, thank you.

And I was really looking forward to reading this one.
Amanda
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have to say, I’ve become a big, big fan of Rebekah Weatherspoon’s books. I think what she’s doing as an author is so important. Every book or novella of hers I’ve read so far has been body positive and sex positive. They’ve also been diverse in multiple senses of the word—she prominently features WOC, especially black women, in her stories, and she’s also had queer characters in almost everything of hers
I’ve read.

This book was no exception—a f/f story featuring two wonderful protagonists in A
Amy
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a short, small treat. I loved seeing these two WOC fall in love. Rebekah did an amazing job with Trisha and Alexis. And there is so much rep in here, y'all!! If you're into F/F, pick this up!!
Jenna
4.5 stars. I really enjoyed this adorable f/f romance between a soft butch overachiever student with mental health issues and a confident, tough and smart stripper/college student. A sex-positive, sex worker-positive and overall sexy and happy story.
Natalie
I've been saying foreverrr i gotta read this one. more f/f yes please! And i'd heard good things from twitter peeps and I wasn't disappointed at all!

TW: for suicide mention. Alexis did make a suicide attempt before the events of the book begins so just be cautious of that. It is referred to several times throughout the book.

I loved Alexis and Trisha together. My fave thing was how Trisha being a stripper was never an issue for Alexis. She didnt try to get her to quit her job or make Trisha feel
Diep
This was my first Rebekah Weatherspoon read, and holy smokes, I was not disappointed.

Reasons why you should give this book a try:

- positive sex workers rep
- two black girls falling in love, So Soft™
- female sex workers supporting each other
- the most amazing texts
- ADHD & anxiety rep
- realistic portrayal of wealth =/= happiness

I really need a sequel for Treasure, you know, at least a novella because I want to witness Trisha figuring out things with her mom and Alexis figuring out things wit
Megan
First romance of the year, and the bar's been set high for sweet & adorable. There was just enough heaviness in it to make the easy sweetness particularly satisfying, though, and as per usual, Weatherspoon is good at pacing a very short romance. I wouldn't have minded more, though.
Amina™
BLACK WOMEN IN LOVE ❤❤❤❤
Sex worker/sex positive
Real, beautiful communication
HAPPY ENDINGSSSSSSS
Elise
This lucky librarian is participating in a reader's advisory round-table discussion on diversity in the romance genre. We are all reading the same benchmark title as well as two titles we select on our own. Treasure was one of my selected titles. This was a pretty quick read that I mostly enjoyed. There were some things I didn't particularly enjoy, but whenever I catch myself getting critical of a romance novel I remember that not only did someone pour their heart into the story but they also di ...more
Pam Faste aka Peejakers
Aww, this was adorable! A very sweet, sexy romance with likable & very human characters; I wanted to hug them both. I was especially drawn to shy Alexis, her particular insecurities, her sense of herself as a misfit, hit very close to home, to who I was at her age. But Trisha is also a wonderful character, strong and sexy, self-possessed, but also quite vulnerable in her own way. It's just a lovely story of two young women, each struggling with hurt and doubt but finding their strength in th ...more
  • Winds of Heaven
  • Every Second Counts
  • Second to None
  • A Royal Romance (A Royal Romance Story, #1)
  • Visions
  • Almost Heaven
  • Summer's End
  • Photographs of Claudia
  • Departure from the Script (The Hollywood Series, #1)
  • For the Love of Cake
  • Just Three Words (Soho Loft, #2)
  • The Princess and the Prix
  • That Certain Something
  • Heart's Surrender
  • Learning Curve
  • Hot Line
  • Indelible
  • Just Jorie
Rebekah was raised in Southern New Hampshire and now lives in Southern California with an individual who is much more tech savvy than she ever will be.

Her interests include Wonder Woman collectibles, cookies, James Taylor, quality hip-hop, football, American muscle cars, large breed dogs, and the ocean. When she's not working, writing, reading, or sleeping, she is watching Ken Burns documentaries
More about Rebekah Weatherspoon

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be