Start by marking “Treasure” as Want to Read:
Treasure

Treasure

Her sister’s bachelorette party is the highlight of a miserable year for Alexis Chambers, but once her bridesmaid’s dress is packed away, she’s back to coping with her life as a once popular athlete and violinist turned loner and the focus of her parents’ disappointment. She isn’t expecting much from her freshman year of college until she finds herself sharing a class with ...more
Published October 14th 2014 by Bold Strokes Books, Inc. (first published October 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Treasure, please sign up.
Trust the Focus by Megan EricksonBlack Iris by Leah RaederCam Girl by Leah RaederFocus on Me by Megan EricksonThe Understatement of the Year by Sarina Bowen
LGBTQIA NA
250 books — 158 voters
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire SáenzAsh by Malinda LoHuntress by Malinda LoThis Is Where It Ends by Marieke NijkampThe Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie
QPoC YA/NA
248 books — 156 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Treasure
chan ☆
Aug 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
i really need to learn to read synopses because i expected this to be a wild ride taking place all in one night. it was totally not that. but i’m very glad it wasn’t :)

it’s a new adult college romance full of sexy scenes and really sweet relationship development. for such a short story, it really felt satisfying in its conclusion. highly recommend if you’re looking for a sapphic story and black love!
mina reads™️
BLACK WOMEN IN LOVE ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Sex worker/sex positive
Real, beautiful communication
HAPPY ENDINGSSSSSSS
Joc
Alexis meets Treasure at a strip club while attending her sister's bachelorette party. They're both taken with each other but only meet again a little while later in a computer science class.

It's sweet and engaging. Even though it's a short read, it feels complete.
Obsidian
Mar 16, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Trigger warning: Discussions surrounding suicide

This was a wonderful F/F Black romance. I needed this apparently. The characters of Alexis and Trisha are great. My only complaint is that this was way too short.

"Treasure" follows 18 year old Alexis Chambers, who is out with her sister for her bachelorette party. The group decides to go to a strip club, and Alexis feels self conscious, until she sees a young woman named Treasure. Alexis is gay, but is still hesitant about that part of herself, an
Acqua
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

Treasure is a sweet f/f romance following two young Black women who meet at a strip club.
Alexis is an 18-year-old college student trying to make sense of her life after a really rough year; she has ADHD and is a lesbian, which her family - especially her father - doesn't really approve of.
Trisha, aka Treasure, is 20 years old, a college student and a stripper, and finds herself in the same classes Alexis attends. Unlike Alexis, she is not from a rich family.

I loved Treasure. It's a cute
Bookishrealm
Great Sapphic romance and I thoroughly enjoyed the emphasis on postive representation of sex workers! It's needed! 3.5 Stars. CW: (view spoiler)

Treasure is a book that I decided to read for Blackathon. It focuses on two characters, Alexis and Trisha and their budding romance after the two meet at a bachelorette party where Trisha strips. The two end up meeting again at the local college when they are both enrolled in a computer science class. One of the most end
Olivia
I really enjoyed reading a young adult f/f book showing the perspectives of two young women of colour and their family dynamic dealing with their sexuality.

Both women are juniors in college, one comes from an upper class family (Alexis), and the other (Trisha) an underprivileged and single parent family. I really appreciated the author's well informed view and positive depiction of Trisha's autonomy and independency dancing at a strip club, paying her way through school and supporting her mothe
Silvia
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this!

The romance is between two Black gay girls, one of them works as a stripper to pay for college and stuff and the other one comes from a wealthy family and has had a sheltered life. She also has ADHD and takes medication for it, and she's figuring out her gender expression.

The characters and relationships were all very well developed and the whole book was sexy as hell. And I feel like the representation of sex work was well done, there was only some negativity coming off from the f
Dee
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

What a delightful, sexy, thought provoking story. I loved both main characters, they were so very different, but seemed as if they would fit together perfectly. If only they could figure that out....

Speaking of fitting together, the erotic scenes in this story were blended in perfectly, not just randomly thrown in, and steamed up more than a page or two, yum ;)

Back to the characters. Treasure a.k.a Trisha, was indeed a ‘treasure’. She wasn't born into riches but chose to make the best
lauraღ
May 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Trisha didn’t know when, but she knew one day she could love Alexis just from that look. She knew she could love Alexis easily.

This was adorable! Really sweet and low angst and just a really nice, sexy read. Tagging along for her sister's bachelorette party, Alexis first meets Trisha as Treasure, a stripper at the nightclub. They later meet when taking the same Computer Science class at college, and strike up a friendship, then a relationship. I loved the sex worker positivity, how adorable
Norah Una Sumner

The combination of a pretty choppy writing and trying to put too many things into a short story didn't result in the best thing ever. Nevertheless, both main characters were sweet and I liked them a lot, I just wish the writing and the overall plot were handled better.
Tara
Really enjoyed this one. Rebekah Weatherspoon is one of my auto buy authors, and this novella didn't disappoint.

2016 reread: I enjoyed this even more than I did the first time. When I first read it, I was expecting another erotic romance like the rest of Rebekah Weatherspoon's books, and I didn't get New Adult as a genre at all. This is a perfect New Adult romance and I love it.

Full review here: http://www.thelesbianreview.com/treas...
Laura (bbliophile)
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
There were quite a few things I liked about this. I loved the very positive sex work rep, I liked the relationship, etc, but there were quite a few acephobic and ableist comments :/
Luce
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, 2016-read
I have only read a couple of Weatherspoon's short stories. I wanted to read one of her novels but guess this is really a novella? I enjoyed this book. I don't normally read novels in this age group 18-22 (new adults?). I'll definitely checkout another of her books. ...more
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
rep: black lesbian mc, black lesbian mc with ADHD
X ✚ Black Magic Reviews

I'm a few years late to the party on this, but TREASURE was exactly the refresher I needed after a few naff reads.

If I had to sum this book up in one word, I'd call it real. It's so many more things than that, but what got to me was the reality and depth of the characters and their relationship, from the awkward to the sweet, from the hilarious to the heartbreaking, from the angsty to the sexual.

And I'm going to tell you right here, right now, that no matter your fucking orientation, Alexis
K.J. Charles
Oh, this was so sweet. Very lovely lesbian NA with a girl from the wrong side of the tracks working as a stripper, and one from a wealthy family trying to rebuild her self esteem and independence. Huggable characters, hot, and both MCs a lovely blend of strength and vulnerability. Big recommend.
M
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, l-books
Very, very good.

Wonderful context and characters. Highly recommended.
Ekene
Jul 07, 2020 rated it liked it
It was a good read. I was entertained
Marzia
Aug 18, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f, shorties
this was really cute and sweet but... sweet is not rlly my type. it's a me thing bc absolutely nothing's wrong with the book. it was quite enjoyable. ...more
M. Hollis
"They hadn't talked about being girlfriends or liking each other again, but by holding her hand, Alexis thought that Trisha was saying she wanted to be seen with her. Alexis had no idea what that felt like - to be wanted, to not be a source of embarrassment or shame - until that very moment."

Definitely one of the best and most adorable NA and F/F books out there with really nice smut. I loved the girls' relationship and how cute it was to see them texting each other and being so sweet together.
Anne
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rebekah Weatherspoon perfectly describes what it's like being young and being in a lesbian relationship for the first time. The story is short (36,900 words), but I tip my hat to the way she made things happen, especially the family drama.

Alexis is probably the cutest soft butch ever! I loved the fact that her first time with Trisha was clumsy. Their relationship was solid and they were mature enough to start something special, but I had a hard time believing that Alexis was 100% ok with Trisha’
Maëlys
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, sapphic, aoc
✨3.5 / 5 ✨

The romance at the heart pf this book was so sweet and the author still managed to bring up important conversations.

Alexis has attempted to commit suicide and struggles with mental issues as well as feeling like she let her overbearing parents down. She used to be fairly popular at school but now she finds herself alone and without friends.

Trisha is a stripper who goes by the name of Treasure and has an unusual relationship with her mother. Even though their relationship was strained
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
TW: Depression, mention of suicide, anxiety, ableist language

WAAAAAH!!!! THIS WAS SO CUTE AND GOOD AND AHHHH!!! *incoherent screams* Black women in love, sex worker positivity, sex positivity, realistic portrayals, ALL THE SWOON, CUTE AND SMUT... I just, this book just made my little heart happy.

It was a very quick read that I was able to finish in two sittings (while I was pretty busy) and that never failed to make me grin like an absolute fool.

MORE LIKE THIS PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!

The only
Rena
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Loved it. I think Alexis is the cutest baby butch ever.
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've read this book twice in one week and both times I've given it 5 stars what more can i say ...more
Josalynne Balajadia
May 13, 2022 rated it liked it
Rounding down

Decent story with a sex worker perspective. The relationship was quite healthy and respectful and it was nice that the drama did not revolve around the non-sex worker character's jealousy towards their partner's career choice. I just wanted to be walked through the progression of the characters' growth a little more.

Certainly recommend to anyone looking to read a light, feel good, romance with sex worker representation. Also for anyone just looking for stories with healthy relation
Nev
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqiap, 2020
Well this was just a delightful, steamy f/f romance between two Black women. I appreciated how there was positive rep for sex workers. Trisha is a stripper and that’s how she initially meets Alexis. Their chemistry was great and there was added complexity with both of their backgrounds and families. It’s very short, so I think the end wrapped up too quickly. But other than that I don’t have too many complaints.
Justina Johnson
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f, romantic
This story is rich yet beguiling, magnificent yet down to earth, and intriguing yet heartwarmingly human. Two African-American young women about to start their freshman year at college from very different economic backgrounds initially meet in a delightfully offbeat way. When they unexpected bump into each other on the first day of class, there is a delicate connection that sparks with potential as remembrance enfolds both of them. The feeling that embraces these women as they reacquaint themsel ...more
Lexxi Kitty
A 19 year old and a 20 year old meet at a strip club, one's there with her sister and her sister's friends - celebrating the sister's upcoming marriage. The other was there working. As a stripper.

Alexis, the 19 year old, has a certain amount of social anxiety and 'issues', but she sits there somewhat frozen, clutching a bunch of money, and with somewhat bulging eyes (conceivably) not for these 'issues' but because of the woman dancing near her. Wiggling her breasts at her, wiggling her ass at he

• Being Hospitable (Desert Rose Hook-Ups, #1)
  • Party Favors (So Over the Holidays #4)
  • D'Vaughn and Kris Plan a Wedding
  • Delilah Green Doesn't Care (Bright Falls, #1)
  • Her Best Friend's Sister
  • Lucky in Love (A Fur-ever Veterinary Romance, #1)
  • Love Unsolicited
  • Out on Good Behavior (Radleigh University, #3)
  • Thursday Afternoons
  • Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers, #1)
  • The Duke Who Didn't (Wedgeford Trials, #1)
  • Stop and Stare
  • Beautiful & Dirty (The Family, #0.5)
  • The Adventurers
  • Backwards to Oregon (The Oregon Series, #1)
  • Her Christmas Cookie (Welcome to Sea Port, #4)
  • Anyone but You
  • Love Code (Galactic Love, #2)
See top shelves…
After years of meddling in her friends’ love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain forever because she hates moving.

Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the R

Articles featuring this book

Want to dip your toes into the romance genre but don't know where to start? We've got you covered! And who better to match you with the perfect...