Start by marking “Asteriks İspanya'da (Asteriks, #19)” as Want to Read:
Asteriks İspanya'da (Asteriks, #19)

Asteriks İspanya'da

(Astérix #14)

M.Ö. 50 yılı. galya tamamen roma işgali altındadır... Hemen Hemen... Yenilmez galyalılar'ın yaşadığı küçük bir köy hala kendisini savunmaktadır. Totoryum, akvaryum, toplantıyum ve laudanyum kalelerinde yerleşmiş olan romalı lejyonerler için hayat hiç de kolay değildir.
Published by Remzi Kitabevi (first published May 23rd 1969)

To ask other readers questions about Asteriks İspanya'da, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asteriks İspanya'da

Start your review of Asteriks İspanya'da (Asteriks, #19)
Samir Rawas Sarayji
So much fun even after a couple of decades!

Nomad girl: Olé, Gorgeous! Come on, stick your chest out!
Obelix: I am! It's just slipped a bit!
Pramod Nair
A fish, A fish, My kingdom for a fish!

The smashing tales of Asterix & his mighty friend Obelix continues in ‘Asterix in Spain’, with the usual dosage of Roman bashing, mighty feasts and thrilling adventures as they travel from their village in Gaul to Spain entrusted with an important mission.

(view spoiler)
Bart
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
Actual rating: 3.25
Dominick
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favourite Asterix books, if for no other reason than it has some particularly good character names in it, including Huevos y Bacon, the Spanish village leader. The Asterix formula is well in place by now, with almost all of the usual elements in place: pirate encounter, abuse of Cacofonix, boar-eating, final feast etc., albeit with fresh elements in place (e.g. Obelix's horrid singing at the final feast gives Cacofonix some cold comfort). Many laugh out loud moments as Asterix and Obel ...more
Tehanu
I continue on my journey reading Asterix out of order!
This one was so much better than the previous one I read (Latraviata). You can tell that it was written by the original writer.
I was so happy when I saw the homage they made to Don Quijote, what's more hispanic than him? My edition also included some behind the scene stuff, like some lists of trully hispanic things that Goscinny thought had to included. Too bad that El Cid didn't make the cut.
All in all a good Asterix album, though not as goo
Manish
Read the French version with a dictionary and by taking notes thanks to my rudimentary knowledge. The effort was draining but the sheer brilliance of Goscinny kept dazzling through out. Laughed out loud more than once.
Mimi
- Yup, I read this one in French -

I read all of these as a kid, in Dutch, of course, but they remain funny.
Asterix and Obelix undertake a dangerous journey to Spain, to return a child to his native village.
David Sarkies
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy
Time for a Spanish holiday
23 September 2013

Well, finally the first Asterix album where they have a fish fight, and it took up to number 14 for these fish fights to begin. In fact, I am thinking that this is the first album that introduces Unhygenix the fish monger and Bacteria his wife. The reason I make this statement is because one of the many things I remember about the Asterix albums from when I was a kid was the fish fights, particularly since they tended to begin with somebody throwing a
Connor Vishnoi
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is placed in ancient times when the Romans ruled all of Gaul (France). Actually, not all, there is still one village that holds out against invaders. That's where this book takes place. This is the 14th out of 36 Asterix books. In this one, Caesar has taken over Spain, but one village holds out against invaders. He takes the chief's son named Pepe a send him to jail to keep him away. Eventually, Asterix gets Pepe and he has to return him home.
One thing I liked about this book is th
Sharon
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just love asterix. I'm a fan, no doubt
Tristan
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bande-dessinee
I have a rather battered 1972 hardback reprint from Brockhampton Press. Originally serialised in France in 1969, this is the fourteenth outing of the series.

This episode is a welcome return to Asterix’s heroic status, with a quest to return a hostage boy to his parents against the odds (and despite the boy’s obnoxious nature), highlighted by Asterix chivalrously overcoming a wild Aurochs whilst a captive in the arena sans magic potion for once.

This well constructed story features numerous digs
Wattt
Jul 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-0920
I've just realized, I've never fully understood what was happening, at any time, in any Asterix book I've ever read- In fact, I may have had a better time of it back in third grade on my Asterix phase...

The copy I got was very very cool though because it opened sideways to read- you'd hold it open like a normal book then flip the sucker on it's side, forming one whole page, and where you'd have to flip a page up to get to the next spread. This made it very unusual to hold, which probably made me
Georgy Wilband
I was under the impression this was number two in the series - so first thing I need to do is check my pile of books! Funny as ever with interesting characters along the way - Reading the books with the illustrations almost makes them come alive like a cartoon. Good memories of fond times as a kid too. I am glad I have loads more of these to read.
Anna
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this one, the Romans capture a Spanish hostage, a little boy who is quite a handful and decide to keep him at Totorum. Of course, the hostage lands up with Asterix and Obelix, who decide to take him back to his home village.
Wise Fool
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So the village end up with a kidnapped child and boy what a child he is!
Keeps everyone on their toes!
But our favourite heroes try and get him back home without knowing where home really is to be found.
Another hilarious adventure you'll enjoy!
Jannah (Cloud Child)
Funny as usual though Pepe could have been more 3 dimensional lol.
Francis Pellow
enjoyable. don't remember any of this from reading as a child
Jc
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Asterix takes a trip to sunny Spain.
Dayton Reimer
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as some of the others, but still fun.
Željko Filipin
Asterix and Obelix visit Spain. Funny as always.
Patricia Meyer
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
Plot was good, and story telling. Still very racist depictions. But considering the time it was written, I'll stick to a rating based on plot.
Richard
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully illustrated and a fantastic story, this would be in my top 5 all time Asterix books. Anyone that likes comics will adore this book. Highly recommended to everyone!
Rudi Opperman
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is the first time time that I have read an Asterix book since I was a child. Still as funny as it was back then. Clever references to the era modern as well as the Roman era.
Oleksandr
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-kids
Some jokes are overdone, some are lost in translation.
Saint No Stopping Us

Five out of ten. CBR format.

When the Romans kidnap the son of a Spanish chief it is upto Asterix and Obelix to get him back.

Alex Herder
Another good Asterix collection, full of slightly culturally-insensitive but still funny jokes. My 5 year old loves these books, though most of it sails over his head.
Luis Tormento
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Upon learning that a village of Iberian resistance fighters have refused Roman rule, Julius Caesar and his Romans kidnap Chief Huevos Y Bacon's son Pepe and send him to Gaul as a hostage, where Asterix and Obelix defeat Pepe's escort and shelter him in their village. When Pepe's mischief (and his enjoyment of the bard Cacofonix's music and singing) frustrates the Gauls, Asterix and Obelix are assigned to take him home. Accordingly, Asterix, Obelix, Pepe and Dogmatix travel to Iberia, where Spuri ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's a village in Spain that is holding out against the Romans (just like Asterix's village in Gaul), and the boy child of the chieftan is taken. By a round-about means he ends up being cared for by Asterix and Obelix who, eventually, have to return him to the village.

The boy is a complete, total, spoiled brat.

There's some interesting spots in the story. For example, the mystery of Stonehenge is explained (it has something to do with a fish seller). In one part of the story there's the stere
Tarum
Jan 28, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pepe son of Huevos Y Bacon, a Hispanic Chief was taken as hostage by Romans and to be kept in Totorum near Asterix Village. And he ended up under the protection of Asterix and Obelix.
Chief Vitalstatistix: Obelix, I'm handling this little terror over to you. And don't forget that as your guest, he's sacred.
Obelix: You mean, He's a holy terror?
:D
Sneha
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not one of my favorite Asterix stories. The plot revolves around the son of a Spainish chief taken hostage by the Romans and returned to his family by the Gauls. I found the kid insufferable which ruined the story for me. (I don't know why it irked me so much!) The saving grace for me was Obelix dancing and all the confusion about fish!
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 2 11 Dec 18, 2017 06:29AM

• Asterix and Son (Asterix #27)
  • Asterix and the Actress (Astérix, #31)
  • Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26)
  • Asterix and the Picts (Asterix, #35)
  • Der Papyrus des Cäsar (Asterix, #36)
  • The Shooting Star (Tintin #10)
  • The Broken Ear (Tintin, #6)
  • Tintin and the Picaros (Tintin, #23)
  • The Seven Crystal Balls (Tintin, #13)
  • Tintin and the Lake of Sharks
  • King Ottokar’s Sceptre (Tintin, #8)
  • The Black Island (Tintin, #7)
  • The Castafiore Emerald (Tintin, #21)
  • The Crab with the Golden Claws (Tintin, #9)
  • Land of Black Gold (Tintin, #15)
  • The Secret of the Unicorn (Tintin, #11)
  • The Red Sea Sharks (Tintin, #19)
  • Tintin au Congo (Tintin #2)
René Goscinny (1926 - 1977) was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Asterix , which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age). ...more

Astérix (1 - 10 of 38 books)
  • Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1)
  • Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)
  • Asterix and the Goths (Asterix, #3)
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Asterix and the Banquet (Astérix, #5)
  • Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6)
  • Asterix and the Big Fight (Asterix, #7)
  • Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8)
  • Asterix and the Normans (Asterix, #9)
  • Asterix the Legionary (Asterix, #10)

News & Interviews