Start by marking “I Am the Traitor (The Unknown Assassin, #3)” as Want to Read:
I Am the Traitor (The Unknown Assassin, #3)

I Am the Traitor

(The Unknown Assassin #3)

In the third and final installment in the Unknown Assassin trilogy, Boy Nobody is on the run from The Program and uncovers a secret about his past that forces him to decide where his loyalties lie.

The Program has sent Boy Nobody on countless missions, instructed to kill whichever target he was given. But now, after going rogue, he is on his own mission to rescue his frien
Published June 9th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published June 4th 2015)

Start your review of I Am the Traitor (The Unknown Assassin, #3)
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

3 Stars

I was really hoping that this book would wrap the trilogy up in a spectacular fashion. Unfortunately, I felt like this conclusion was a bit predictable and not nearly as exciting as the first two installments. I did enjoy the story. There was tons of action as I have come to expect and all of the loose ends were actually tied up quite nicely. This book just seemed to be missing the something extra I was looking for.

This is the third bo
Allen
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
I'm very excited to share the finale of The Unknown Assassin/Boy Nobody trilogy with you. It's coming June 9, 2015 in the US. Let me know what you think!
Rissa
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5⭐️
I really enjoyed books 1 & 2 but I didnt enjoy the conclusion to it.
I think my main problem was once you bring a "relationship" into it the whole book begins to revolve around her and thats not how the first two books were which i really liked but this was a new dynamic.
Dianne
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Raised as a weapon with no conscience, Boy Nobody has questioned the Program, Mother and Father and now he has gone rogue. There are eyes and ears everywhere, and the only one he can trust is Howard, the first friend he ever had. But will that friendship cause Howard’s death? Will his past be revealed, and his true parentage unveiled? Trust is a rare commodity; will it always be just out of his reach?

I Am the Traitor a young adult suspense thriller by Allen Zadoff is the final episode of the tri
Jazmen
I Am The Traitor continues right where book two ends, and it gave me everything--I found book two was lacking. Timid but smile-worthy romance, unexpected twists and turns, heart-pounding action, and a satisfying ending.

Boy Nobody was the "Program's best soldier," but now he's their "number one target." Boy Nobody, Zach, Ben, Daniel--however you refer to him is as lethal as ever, but this time, his heart is in it. Zadoff really humanizes Boy Nobody in the last two books, and I enjoyed that. I lik
Kevin
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-ebook
The ending of a fun series based on teens working for "the Program" as assassins. This book was much more predictable than the other two and produced a large amount of eye-rolling with lines like, "he took three long breathes to oxygenate his brain."
J.S.
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
I don't know Zach any better at the end of this third installment than I did in the first, that's my biggest issue (though not my only one).

Of character development, there was none.

Goes for the secondary characters, too. Repeating the few identifying traits each has just wasn't enough to give em life. Inconsistent actions and reactions really didn't help with the fleshing either.

Flat. All around pancake-flat.

Fast paced story, sure. No argument on that. But when I couldn't rouse any feeling for
♥☆SℓιM☆♥
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
It didn't take me long to finish this book.

Maybe a few Spoilers. Here. And there.

Anyways, I knew he was going to end up leaving the program at the end. Because I think he was beginning to think and feel the things he was doing was wrong. And got tired of following orders. Bad thing about it was that he finally found his father who wasn't dead to end up killing him. I couldn't blame him for that no one bit. Because for one you can understand how he felt his father wasn't the same man he was whe
Reign
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-series
Damn! This YA trilogy slays it totally. This is action after action after action! I didn't even had time to breathe. Ignore the untaken meals, not enough sleeps and pure procrastination to things I should do, I feel so high finding and getting to know this series. The only thing that's keeping me from giving a perfect score on this trilogy is the love angle. (view spoiler) ...more
Andi
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an exhilarating end to a very enjoyable series. In this final installment, Zach is trying to stay off The Program's grid while searching for his friend, Howard. At the same time, he's trying to learn the truth about what happened to his father.

As with the prior two novels, I couldn't put this one down. And Zach is growing more mature and independent, thinking more about what's right than following The Program's rules.

This series is well worth your time!
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

A remarkable ending to a fantastic series!

I especially loved the character development of our hero, Zach. He is no longer just a killing machine. He is now a leader and friend.

Highly recommended!
Nicole M. Hewitt
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I Am the Traitor is the exciting conclusion to the Unknown Assassin Trilogy. It’s full of just what I’ve come to expect from this series – action, intrigue, double crossing, twists and a dash of romance. In this book, Zach is on the run, trying to discover what really happened to his father all those years ago. In order to do that, he has to rescue Howard, who has been captured and who Zach is sure is being questioned – and possibly worse – so that the Program can find out what Zach knows. Of co ...more
Stephanie
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blog | YouTube | Instagram

For a series that I have heard very little of, I found myself enjoying it immensely. I liked the espionage side of things, the mystery and the characters. This series was certainly not perfect as I had some believability issues with some of the characters’ personalities, specifically the main character’s, and the plot. There were times when things seemed a bit too far-fetched. However, at the end of the day, this series were highly entertaining.

If you enjoy fast-paced
Monica
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
upon rereading, id probably rate this a 3 star
negative one star just bc the ending was predictable and i was hoping for something more left field like the previous books

BUT WHO IS THE DELTA ASSASSIN???
julieta
It wasn't dissapointing but it wasn't as exciting as the first book was. It just messed with your head: Betrayal. Not betrayal. Betrayal.
You just lose you mind. The ending was okay, sort of expected, nothing extraordinary.
Kirsty-Marie Jones
(3.5) Disappointed with how it ended. :(
Tom Donaghey
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I AM THE TRAITOR by Allen Madoff is the third book in a trilogy and I feel it is a suitable finale to end it. While the first two books were slam-bang action tales, this is more of a maturing look at Boy Nobody. The acton is here, the heroics, the life-threatening situations, but there is an added element of humor and more intimate relationships for our young assassin,
The Program tried to remove the humanity from its “soldiers”, making them perfect little killing machines, but in reality, the
Mariel
Review originally published in: https://www.instagram.com/p/Be0UDSJHm...

#LibromenteReviews I am The Traitor by #AllenZadoff

Gracias @somosbestya por el ejemplar

{I received this book from a local publisher in exchange for an honest review}

#IAmTheTraitor is the last instalment The Unknown Assassin trilogy. We follow a 16-year-old soldier who works for a mysterious organization called The Program. The rules are simple: don’t make questions and protect The Program above everything else.

In his las
Emilee King
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not a huge fan of the ending, but it’s still as wildly entertaining as the books before it. Sad to see it end 4.3/5
Chapter by Chapter
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Having kept up with author Alan Zadoff’s The Unknown Assassin trilogy from the very beginning, I was interested in getting to finally see how Boy Nobody’s—or, Zach—story would finally wrap up. Considering the unending action that filled I Am The Traitor’s predecessors, I was excited to delve into a novel that would offer a brand new story that would ultimately make or break the series.

In I Am The Traitor, we are reintroduced to Boy Nobody’s world full of espionage, betrayal, and secrets. His dou
LadyTechie
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am the Traitor. I have followed this story from the beginning of the trilogy when I was first introduced to the Unknown Assassin series. I have always been totally enamored of government assassin books and when they have a nice hook in them like the Unknown Assassin books, well, I am even more ready to jump into the story. I received an early copy of I am the Traitor, book 3, in the trilogy from NetGalley. Honestly, I would pay for this series if I had to and sin they are out on audiobook, I w ...more
Rachel
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I AM THE TRAITOR delivers non-stop action, excitement, shocking revelations, tension and suspense, in this, the electrifying and absolutely riveting end to the series. It returns readers to a world of assassins and missions. But this time Boy Nobody isn’t following The Program’s directives - he’s looking to save his friend Howard and find out the truth about his father before The Program finds out what he’s up to and sends someone out to end him.

Boy Nobody learned to follow orders, not to questi
Kimberly
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Originally posted on my Blog, Over The Bookshelf

*E-Arc provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

As far as final books in a series go, this one is pretty good. This is a series I have loved from the beginning and I'm definitely sad that it's over. In this third and final book in the Unknown Assassin series, we finally get answers and events from the previous two books start to make a whole lot of sense. Even though I am sad that it had to end, I'm actually really s
Ashleigh
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Did the third and final book in the trilogy come to a satisfying end? Yes, yes it did.

The shift in loyalties and personalities in this book was exciting and confusing at the same time. I was questioning motives the entire time. We saw a new side of Zach.... HE HAS REAL FEELINGS!!!!!! I was surprised that this is the direction his character developed in, but it made the story more interesting.

Characters:

Zach: I liked the personality change. One that wasn't too drastic to be unbelievable, but more
C. Purtill
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
NB: As I have mentioned in my previous reviews of this series, I do know this author BUT that has absolutely nothing to do with how much I liked this book. Trust me, there are many authors I know and are friendly with and their books are just meh and I rate them that way.

Then again, can you trust me? Who can you ever trust? Someone who calls you "son" or "daughter" or "brother" or "friend?" In this final book of the Unknown Assassin trilogy, Zach is on his way home. He has heard from Howard, his
Amy
Mar 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Andrew
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I Am the Traitor, the final book in the Unknown Assassin series, was a very intriguing and fast read.
I find that this book was much better than the second book, even with it having less pages in it than the previous. In this book, we find out a lot more about Zach and his past, we meet a new character named Tanya, and there are plenty of funny parts that include Howard, a friend of Zach's.
I won't go into details or spoil anything, but this book has plenty of plot twists. Mike, an assassin like
Teri
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I've loved this series from the first book and am sorry to see it end. The books have offered action, suspense, twists, turns, thrills, double-crosses and have been captivating reads.

Zach (at long last, his real name) is on the run again with Howard (such a fun, likable character), and a new character, Tanya. As usual, Zach isn't sure who he can trust, but in the end, his questions about his father are answered.

Being a long time fan of this series, I was hoping for a more satisfying ending. It w
Olivia
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slightly disappointing but I still emjoyed it. Thinking about there really is no good way to finish this series. I dislike the cliff hanger at the end but what can you do.
G.G.
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to win the first two books in printed version. Needless to say, I absolutely needed the third one too, so I chose to buy the hardback cover.

I Am the Traitor was as entertaining and fast read as the other two. Sure, I questioned Ben Daniel Zach's choices at times. Yet, although he's trained and brainwashed, he's still only a sixteen year old who's been fighting it. I agree that he was a little more naïve in this installment than he was in the other two. Maybe it's because I w
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Final Hour (The Homelanders, #4)
  • The Truth of the Matter (The Homelanders, #3)
  • The Long Way Home (The Homelanders, #2)
  • Disorderly Conduct (The Anna Albertini Files #1)
  • Blood of My Blood (I Hunt Killers, #3)
  • Hostage (Bodyguard, #1)
  • Allies (Insignia, #1.5)
  • Prisoners of War (Dog Tags, #3)
  • Game (I Hunt Killers, #2)
  • I Hunt Killers (I Hunt Killers, #1)
  • Rules of Betrayal (Jonathan Ransom, #3)
  • Don't Turn Around (Persephone, #1)
  • When She Was Good (Cyrus Haven, #2)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 12
  • You Changed My Life
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 16
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 14
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 15
Allen Zadoff is the author of the new middle grade action thriller Wild & Chance. The second book in the series Wild & Chance: The Puppy War is coming in 2021 from LBYR. His previous series The Unknown Assassin earned starred reviews and is being developed as a feature film by Will Smith's Overbrook Entertainment.

Allen is a graduate of Cornell University and the Harvard University Institute for A

The Unknown Assassin (3 books)
  • Boy Nobody (The Unknown Assassin, #1)
  • I Am the Mission (The Unknown Assassin, #2)