Start by marking “Consolation (Salvation, #3)” as Want to Read:
Consolation (Salvation, #3)

Consolation (Salvation #3)

4.36  ·  Rating Details ·  13,417 Ratings  ·  1,710 Reviews
Liam wasn’t supposed to be my happily ever after.
He wasn’t even on my radar.
He was my husband’s best friend—forbidden.

But my husband is dead and I’m alone. I ache for him and I reach for Liam.

One night with Liam changed everything. Now I have to decide if I truly love him or if he’s just the consolation prize.
Published March 18th 2015 by BAAE Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Consolation, please sign up.

Corinne Michaels March 18th Consolation releases and Conviction is May 27th.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lacey Its a way of saying i give up.
The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasThe Mistake by Elle KennedyThe Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Best Books of 2015
2,638 books — 4,931 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyKyland by Mia SheridanManwhore by Katy Evans
Top Romances Of 2015
539 books — 2,211 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
5 stars!!!

photo fc67e5f9-fe76-4c9b-9c50-acaf59c20365_zpsnlreersw.jpg

What can make a perfect book for me if done right, is a book that makes me feel. And this book… My heart. My emotions. The FEELS. It really got to me. If you’re looking for that kind of read, Consolation should go to the very top of your TBR list. This book hit me hard. I was completely captivated while reading Natalie’s story.

Natalie seemed to have it all. A husband she loved that made it out of the Navy safe and a live. After trying for a while, she's pregnant with their first chil
Aestas Book Blog
::: FULL DOUBLE REVIEW POSTED :::

SQUEEEE!!!!! What an awesome book duet!!

I read both books in this series back-to-back and absolutely loved them!! I was hooked from the first page of the prologue and couldn't put either book down even for a minute. These books were  addictive , thrilling, emotional , romantic, sexy , and everything I could want in a series!

I'll be honest, it was the blurb of the first book that made me want to read them...
Liam wasn't supposed to be my happily ever after.

He
Candi~Dirty Laundry Review
Apr 13, 2015 Candi~Dirty Laundry Review rated it it was amazing
This book. Omg. THIS BOOK. There are so many things I want to say about this book and so many things I can’t say. Good god. I’m still on an emotional high. That ending. Holy hell. Let me start first, by saying, that this is my first Corinne Michaels book. And it will not be my last. And I thank my stars that I have the ARC of Conviction sitting in my kindle!! Because I would die, people. DIE. IF I HAD TO WAIT!!

When I first started reading this, not gonna lie, I thought oh god. This is going to g
Beverly

Most little girls dream of the day they will marry their prince charming, have babies and live happily ever after. But what happens when your happily ever after is taken from you? That’s what happens to Natalie. After fertility problems Natalie and Aaron are finally pregnant, things are on track for their happily ever after until the knock on the door that will change her life forever.

‘My life is gone. My heart is dead. I’m a widow at twenty-seven.’

That morning Natalie woke up a happy, expe
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦This wonderful novel about loss, grief, hope and love sure gave me all the feels.

Natalie is a wife of a Navy SEAL and is pregnant with her first baby. She loses her husband in Afghanistan and, while she is completely shattered and heartbroken, she has to continue living for her child. Her husband's best friend Liam steps up to help her deal with the loss and offers the support she needs.

❤I loved reading about Natalie and Liam's relationship transforming from friends to lovers. It was so hard
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Feb 26, 2015 ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
It's LIVE! * Amazon US * Amazon UK *

Consolation is emotional, brilliant and LOVELY and WOW. I really, REALLY loved this story of fear, loss, and hope. It’s about facing the life that’s left; the realities of what was and what could be if you open your heart and your soul. It deals with the realities of losing someone. Grief is explored showcasing the way other people behave towards the bereaved, the expectations of feelings and actions and the fact that there's no written law detailing how one s
Catarina
4 Sweet Stars.

Natalie was happy. She was happily married and she was pregnant with their first child. Until the day she gets the news that her Navy husband died at an overseas mission. Now she’s a pregnant widow at 27 years old.
Liam, her ex-husband best-friends from the Navy takes upon himself to look after them Natalie and his daughter and trough the grieving they start to get closer.
Eventually they’ll fall in love but how can Liam know that she loves him for who he is and that is not the co
Sleepless Readmore
5 CONSOLE-ME-LIAM STARS
The best kiss is the one that
has been exchanged
a thousand times
between the eyes before
it reaches the lips.

Lee and Liam .. ♥

You don't have to
pretend he isn't here
between us .."

I can HONESTLY say this novel gutted me. It's that kind that you can ONLY read once .. WHY?! Only because my heart couldn't bear to re-read. It was PERFECT in every way that counts. A tear jerker .. a page turner .. a freaking HEART breaker! Corinne Michaels knows her stuff .. HELLO NEW FAVOURIT
Maddie
Apr 29, 2017 Maddie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Free on Amazon, go grab your copy - and the reviews on this is good :D

An extraordinarily moving story line, beautifully written, but also heart-breaking!!

This story captured my attention from the first page, and made me care about Natalie and Liam, their grieve, Natalie losing a husband and Liam losing his friend.

I could not help but fall in love with Liam, he is so caring and protective soul, but what I loved the most was how he helped Natalie heal!

Nat
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Mar 18, 2015 Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Rating : 4 ‘Second Chances or Not’ Stars

description

My Views : Holy-Fucking-Shit… This Book just won the Best Cliffy Award. description I swear my jaw just hanged there for a full 5 minutes .This story is the emotional journey of Natalie in getting second chances with love and life and about Liam whose happy ending is challenged. I loved the narration to some extent but I couldn’t really get into the book, the characters and connect with them.

Style of writing : I loved the writing. What I loved most was the letters
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★ 2 Stars ★★

Unfortunately, I did not feel this book at all. There was just no emotional connection and I did not like the plot twist which occurred nor did I appreciate the freaking huge cliffhanger at the end.

Natalie is pregnant when Aaron, her ex Navy SEAL husband dies on a mission whilst working for a security team overseas. She is grieving heavily when his best friend Liam takes it upon himself to make sure she is OK and support her.

They didn't have feelings for each other before, but then
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
5 lobster Stars!
[f.r.i.e.n.d.s]

I LOVED THIS BOOK.
It reminded me a lot of another book which I hated; go figure.
Their stories are TOOOOOOO similar, hence I won't give the name or else the story will be out.

I wanted more answers, hope we get ALL in the next book of the Duet, which is 2 months away. *internally screaming* Can't Wait!!

I want to know whats written in Liam's letter, because I know it will have some MAJOR BOMB!

The story is written really well, like how it is played out. So balanced..
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 STARS

""You're supposed to be untouchable, and yet here you are in my arms.I don't know if I'm lucky or a fucking idiot.I just know that when we're together,it feels right.It feels like we're supposed to be."

I loved this book!!I was so excited to read it!!I pre-ordered it and was waiting patiently for the moment it would be released!! It's my first book from Corinne Michaels and I was curious about what to expect from this author!For me this book made me have so many feelings!!I fell in love
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Consolation (The Consolation Duet #1)
Author – Corinne Michaels
Publication Date – March 18, 2015
Genre – Romance
Type – Part of Series
Cliffhanger - Yes
Rating – 4.25 to 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided for Blog Tour in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
In the beginning I was a bit overwhelmed with all the talk of death and the constant memories of Aaron, but as the story progressed and we got more into the story of Lee and Liam – that is when this boo
Michelle
I was so excited for this story. I wanted to be torn to shreds as I read it and although I did ugly cry, I laughed hard too – sometimes at the same time which led to some very unattractive moments. For those of you who read the Belonging Duet you already met Lee and know how she came to be a window and single mother. Your heart was already broken for her.

As she is forced to come to terms with the fact that her husband isn’t keeping his promise about returning home, only one person seems to be a
MELISSA
Feb 25, 2015 MELISSA rated it it was amazing
4.5 "You're Made For Me" Stars!

I rely on faith. Faith that I'll make it through this and find my heart again.

photo 37c44377-661d-46d3-9551-ca2527adb4e0_zps4t8ygbpv.jpg

Natalie Gilcher aka Lee is a 27 yr. old woman living in Virginia Beach. She is married to a navy SEAL, and they are expecting their first child. A knock at the door one day suddenly changes her whole world when she learns the man she's loved since she was 16 is gone. He was her first & only love, and now she is a widow & single mother trying to survive, & take life one day
Corinne Michaels
Sep 25, 2014 Corinne Michaels rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
LIVE ON ALL PLATFORMS!

Laurelin Paige
Mar 02, 2015 Laurelin Paige rated it it was amazing
Beautiful! Loved it.
Olga therebelreader
The story is about Natalie (Lee), a wife of a marine SEAL named Aaron. He is her high school sweetheart and the only man she has ever loved. Lee is 6 months pregnant when she receives the news that her husband has been killed in a mission overseas. Lee is left with a newborn baby girl feeling deep despair, hopelessness along with depression. She feels that all that is left is loneliness and voidness.

Liam, Aaron’s best friend and fellow SEAL, is the one who helps her take care of things, makes h
Dilek VT
I loved this series. Both books in Consolation Duet series are told by dual point of view.

My only problem with the series was that the second book, despite being really good, was longer than necessary and dragged a little bit. It could easily have been a 100-150-page novella. Well, no matter what, I still loved the series. And I loved the main characters, they were so real, so imperfectly perfect....

First of all, it is a different kind of romance. Their love was unexpected and it is normally no
Patrycja
Mar 06, 2015 Patrycja rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
✿kawehi.reviews
Jan 02, 2015 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via TRSOR PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

#Why did I do it?! Why?!

I should have known that by getting into a book series centering around the same couple that there would be a catch cliffhanger!! Gosh darnnit! *tears*

Consolation was a tear-jerking novel that left me speechless and in tatters.

Here, it chronicles the events following traumatic love, loss, guilt, and ultimate grief.

After losing the love of her life while serving overseas in the military, Nata
Anna
Nov 11, 2014 Anna rated it really liked it
I. Need. The. Next. Book. Now !!!!!
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

Are you ready to have Liam Dempsey steal your heart? If the answer is yes, then be prepared for this beautiful, heart-wrenching, emotional and touching read in Consolation by Corinne Michaels.

#@1

Consolation was a heartbreaking and yet beautiful book. This book pulled my heartstrings right off the prologue. Tears were shed as Ms. Michaels was able to make you FEEL what it was like to lose someone you loved. To have you feel the emotio
Christine MacFadden
Jun 01, 2015 Christine MacFadden rated it it was amazing
Once upon a time I was romance novel whore. Legit, barely functioning twenty-something in a failing marriage with an addiction to smut. Filling a void, perhaps? Mmmhmm. {Nods head enthusiastically.}

I couldn't get enough of them. I would finish one and immediately begin another. I had an insatiable need for Alpha Males, unlikely Heroines, steamy {unrealistic} sex scenes and HEAs. I was Nora Roberts' bitch. As fast as she could pump them out {which was fucking fast}, I would devour them. And this
Didi
I've read this book and the second one, Conviction, back to back but I'll review them separately and keep things short. This was a huge winner for most of my goodreads friends, but not so much for me. It took me some time to get into it then when I did, I found it riddled with drama and things that annoyed me. Despite not loving this, I found myself reacting as if watching a train wreck...an angst-filled train wreck I couldn't turn away from.
I can understand why people loved this, but this is no
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.99 Hurry The Hell Up With Book 2 Stars!

WHAT???? NOOOOOOO...I am 100% in love with this book. Again Corinne Michaels has just ripped my heart out. I started this book in tears and now I'm a mess again!

I'm gonna need the next book. I have to know that Liam Dempsey will get a HEA! He deserves an epic love...he deserves Natalie!

For those lovers of deep emotional angsty romance, this author should be an automatic one click!
Christy P
You know that feeling you get after you finish a GREAT book? The one where you can’t sleep and can’t think straight because all you can think about is that book… Well, this is that book! This book makes you think and put yourself in the characters shoes. Ms. Michaels writing is phenomenal! I devoured this in one day! I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more, and then cried some more. The balance of emotions is perfection. I absolutely freaking LOVE Natalie. She is so strong and determined! Liam i ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
So the blurb pretty much give the whole gist of the story...Natalie's husband dies overseas, she's pregnant and his best friend shows up to help. It doesn't help that he's gorgeous and always there for her and her daughter. What's a woman to do?

Well, if you're looking for a book with all kinds of drama and angst, this is the book for you. Beware, it does end on a bit of a cliffy but luckily you don't have to wait for the next, and last, book.

It was hard not to feel for Natalie but what a range
Anja

I've got you.

I won't let you fall.

• Stolen Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #2)
  • Fisher's Light
  • Here with Me (The Archer Brothers, #1)
  • Thirty Nights (American Beauty, #1)
  • Here's to Falling
  • Vanguard
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
  • Becoming Calder
  • Where One Goes
  • Easy Virtue (Virtue, #1)
  • The Paper Swan
  • Time Stands Still (Emi Lost & Found, #2)
  • Fearless (Dartmoor, #1)
  • Captured
  • Fall to You (Here and Now, #2)
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn, #2)
  • Resisting Temptation (Men of Honor, #3)
  • Broken by Lies (Bound and Broken, #1)
Corinne Michaels is the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling author of The Salvation Series (Beloved, Beholden, Consolation, Conviction & Defenseless and Say You'll Stay). She’s an emotional, witty, sarcastic, and fun loving mom of two beautiful children. Corinne is happily married to the man of her dreams and is a former Navy wife. After spending months away from her ...more
More about Corinne Michaels...

Salvation (5 books)
  • Beloved (Salvation, #1)
  • Beholden (Salvation, #2)
  • Conviction (Salvation, #4)
  • Defenseless (Salvation, #5)

“Hope is a weak bitch who couldn’t give two fucks about what you want. So I rely on faith. Faith that I’ll make it through this and find my heart again.” 18 likes
“You’re supposed to be untouchable, and yet here you are in my arms. I don’t know if I’m lucky or a fucking idiot. I just know that when we’re together, it feels right. It feels like we’re supposed to be.” 11 likes