Start by marking “Contagious Chaos (The Contagium #3)” as Want to Read:
Contagious Chaos (The Contagium #3)

Contagious Chaos

(The Contagium #3)

Contagious Chaos, the highly anticipated third book in the Contagium Series, winner of the Contagious Reads Horror Con’s 2014 best horror series, follows Orissa and her friends as they struggle through a zombie filled world.

When the compound starts to fill and food supplies dwindle, Fuller’s soldiers and Marines have no choice but to venture out into the lawless wasteland
Published September 22nd 2014 by Permuted Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Contagious Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Contagious Chaos

Lindsay
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't know if it's entirely fair that I rate this based on beta reading, but it's safe to say that even before final edits, this book will definitely live up to Emily Goodwin's fans! It is full to the brim with blood, gore, and slime! Zombies, intrigue, nail-biting stress, with just a dash of romance; the very definition of a book in perfect balance.
C.T. Phipps
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
Contagious Chaos is the third volume of the Contagium series, which is the chronicles of a young woman (Orissa "Rissa" Penwell) as she struggles to survive a zombie-outbreak. Rissa' situation is slightly better than most zombie survivors as she quickly hooks up with a group of Marines who defy genre convention by NOT being evil rapists or morons. Indeed, the Marines are some of the few characters in the genre actually trying to take the world back even if it's going very-very slowly.

The premis
Kelly Freeman
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
another fabulous installment to this series ... i love me some Hayden!!
Liz at Fictional Candy
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, zombie, apocalypse
OMG!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. Does that work for you? No, you want to know why? Ok, let's break it down. Nevermind the fact that I've been waiting forever for this book, my anticipation put it on a pedestal with the potential of falling and breaking. But no way, Emily Goodwin carried this book out like a... well, like a ass kicking zombie killer! Goodwin wastes no time throwing us right into the action.

Contagious Chaos picks up right at the end of Deathly Contagious, with Rider and Orissa in BIG trouble ge
Elyse Schramm
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta, zombies, arc
Emily never disappoints! I think this book is my favorite of the 3 Contagium books so far. It was action packed, and gory! Just how I love my zombie novels. Orissa will always be one of my favorite protagonists, she is a strong, determined, and her weakness is her humanity. She loves and cares about the people around her when others seem to be losing that trait in the zombie apocalypse, Rissa holds tight to it. And I LOVE that about her, because it isn't a weakness at all. I cannot wait for this ...more
Kristen
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!!!***
Emily Goodwin does it again!!!! This book is absolutely perfect in every way. This series has captivated me ever since book one, page one. Contagious Chaos is better than I EVER could have imagined. I'm so thankful for the beautiful mind of Emily Goodwin and the amazing journey she's created for us all! Do yourself a favor and dive into the world of Orissa. It's a phenomenal, ass kicking ride!!!
Amanda ♥  Lorraine
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh man this needs to hurry up and come out!!
Shannie
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So much zombie action ♡ What can I say? I love this series!
April Parrish
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This author seriously needs to learn how to use a thesaurus. If I see the word "resituated" again I'm going to scream. It wasn't used quite as much in this book as the last one thankfully. There are still a lot of grammatical errors in the third book but definitely not as bad as the previous one. Overall I like this series even though I grow tired of some of the over-the-top situations.
Erinn
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The ending of this trilogy felt a bit abrupt. It seemed as though several other plots points were suggested during the course of the over all story that where never picked up on. Nevertheless I enjoyed it throughly and read the book almost as fast as I could. If anything, I might have allowed down only to prolong the inevitable.
Lorre
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great book in this series! Like the 2 previous books this is an excellent fast paced action zombie apocalypse story with great charachters.
Kylee
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The writing is excellent, making you feel, hear and smell the woods, the blood, the zombies. I was on the edge the whole time. I have come to really love this series. It is one of my favorite zombie books. I have had a hard time finding good zombie books. I found this one after I had read this "This Would Be Paradise". Another good zombie book. But I have thoroughly enjoyed the series and am excited to read the next one.

From beginning to end it was an emotional roller coaster, I laughed, I was
Autumn
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016

I received this book to give an honest review.

I have fell in love with Orissa this butt kicking zombie slayer and her beloved Hayden and their group.
It seems that you don't have to worry just about zombies but also those who are alive and breathing as well. We see how Orissa and her group encounter a new group of people who are not friendly and when Orissa is kidnapped all hell breaks loose.
We see what truly happens when you mess with the compound and th
Sofia The Great
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, zombies
3 1/2 Platypires for Contagious Chaos by Emily Goodwin.

I received a free copy from the author for an honest review.

Orissa, Orissa, Orissa! Girl! How I missed you! I seriously think Orissa is one the most badass heroines in literary fiction. She can give Buffy a run for her money and I do not say that lightly. I'm glad to see that in Contagious Chaos she was still kicking butt and taking names.
This book is still very action packed and filled with a lot of zombies. So many touch and go moments
Donna
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yeah, Emily Goodwin! Two years waiting and Emily came through! In this one we lost some well loved people and gained some. We found some bad guys and the group went after them, running into zombies.
This was a very exciting third entry, with Orissa and Hayden getting even closer.
I won't tell you what happens of course. But I will tell you there is a huge cliff hanger at the end. The fourth and last entr
Alex Royer
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for a long time for this third book and boy was I not disappointed... Like the previous books it's a non stop action packed story with a bit of romance. This time I came prepared and completely cleared my schedule so I could read the story without being interrupted. Be careful because when you start reading you won't want to stop.... it's that good so kiss your social life good-bye!!
Thanks a lot EG for this book.. I just loved it and I loved Orissa and Hayden but also all secon
Olga
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent zombie apocalypse book!! I couldn't put it down. I was so tired during the day because I kept reading into the night. I love the main character so much, from her wonderful name to the kick ass, take no crap from nobody, and take charge and kill zombies attitude. She shows everyone her I don't care exterior but she is all mush good person inside. Excellent book with great characters and a great plot. Only thing I didn't like is that awful cliffhanger, but I quickly got over ...more
Amanda Birnie
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Zombie books
Shelves: zombie
Definitely worth waiting for! Another fantastic installment in the Contagium series. I am now eagerly awaiting the 4th installment. Once again Orissa and her friends jump into the fray not only having to fight zombies to survive but humans as well. Action packed with never a dull moment, I was cheering Orissa on as she kicked ass. Fantastic Orissa & Hayden moments for those that are fans of the romance but not so much that would put someone who wasn't off. You keep writing them Emily & I ...more
April McAbee
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just keep reading...

Emily Goodwin created a story line that is amazing and made characters that readied they were your friends.I just wish that Argos the dog was a bigger part. He make for a great zombie killer. Read on...I can't review this so it's a non review because I would have to include a spoiler and no can do. Quit being lazy and just hurry up and finish the book so you can go on to the last book.
Felicia Semmler
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yes!! Need more

The action in this book/series is almost enough to give me an ulcer. I read the whole thing at the edge of my seat. I love our 56 man team - they really kick butt I was sad when Jason took over for Rider though I loved rider and I don't want Jason to die (he's to young)

I cannot wait to read the final book and see how it all ends.
Dena
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
whatta a man

We see how Orissa is falling into the compound life with Hayden. We also see she is not giving up her independence. I love how this story moves without sacrificing the writing. The author is staying true to the story without making it far fetched and unrealistic. I like it and can't wait for the ending.
Brooke
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am giving this book 5 stars because I love the people in the book so much. That being said, the editing sucked. Seriously. It was horrible. I just couldn't give a 5 star rating and not mention the editing.
Shellie Brewer
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
Wow she has done it again sucked me right into the story right where I left off and did not let go until the end. At the end I was yelling at my e-reader saying no, no, you can not leave me hanging like this. I love everything this author writes she really is awesome.
Camille
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This has become one of my favorite zombie series

It's hard to find good zombie books. This series has hooked me. However, due to their intensity, I need to take a one book break and read something fluffy before the next book.
Alma
Shelves: dystopian, zombies
can't put it down....
Breane Ross
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this eries of zombie books! Definitely recommend it!
Dominus~
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, zombie
Denneeeeennn Okay that was so unexpected. The ending I mean. Huh. Huh. Love it!
Louise Venter
I need to understand what is going on, so many questions still!!
Nickole
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombies
Best Zombie Apocalypse series ever!
  • Controlling the Dead (The Famished Trilogy, #2)
  • Hold Me (Life After the Outbreak #3)
  • Shattered World (Broken World, #2)
  • The Future Without Hope (The World Without End #3)
  • Odium III (The Dead Saga, #3)
  • Praying for Grace (Grace, #5)
  • Tearing Down the Wall (Survival, #3)
  • Love in the Time of the Dead (Dead Rapture, #1)
  • State of Decay: Omnibus
  • Autumn (The Survivors, #2)
  • Takedown (A New World, #7)
  • The Living Dead Boy
  • Death & the Zombie Apocalypse (Zombie Apocalypse, #2)
  • And After (Until the End of the World, #2)
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is

The Contagium (4 books)
  • Contagious (The Contagium #1)
  • Deathly Contagious (The Contagium #2)
  • The Truth is Contagious (The Contagium, #4)