Start by marking “A Killing in the Sun” as Want to Read:
A Killing in the Sun

A Killing in the Sun

‘A Killing in the Sun’ is a collection of speculative fiction from Africa. It draws from the rich oral culture of the author’s childhood, to tell a wide variety of stories. Some of the stories are set in a futuristic Africa, where technology has transformed everyday life and a dark force rules. Others are set in the present day, with refugee aliens from outer space, ghosts ...more
ebook, Ebook Edition, 159 pages
Published September 20th 2014 by Black Letter Media

To ask other readers questions about A Killing in the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Killing in the Sun

Dilman Dila
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is my first collection of short stories. I love it for it is a work that has taken over ten years to come life. The title story was shortlisted for the Commonwealth Short Story Prize. I don't want to praise the book, for it is mine, but please let me know what you think on reading it!
Tade Thompson
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short version: 4/5 stars. I recommend that you read it.

'A Killing in the Sun' is a speculative fiction collection by Dilman Dila, published by Black Letter Media. The titular story was shortlisted for the 2013 Commonwealth Short Story Prize.

This anthology includes ten short stories and I read them in sequence. I found the copyrights page confusing because it refers to a story that is not actually in the collection (Fragments of Canvas).

As in most collections the quality is uneven. To my mind the
Ivor Hartmann
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Killing in the Sun is a truly stunning début collection by Dilman Dila. One that will not only stand as an underivative keystone in the new wave exploration of Science Fiction and Fantasy by African writers, but keep you riveted from the first page till last with his magnificent worlds and deeply fascinating characters with compelling stories, all firmly rooted without compromise in our highly unique African perspectives and mythologies. This is the zephyr of fresh air international and local ...more
Efemia
Sep 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Review coming.
Kinna
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, uganda
I recommend this book. Well worth the read.
Stephanie Saulter
LadyBlue
Apr 10, 2018
Andy
Sep 22, 2015
Dilman Dila is a Ugandan writer and film maker.

In 2014, he was longlisted for the BBC Radio Playwriting Competition, and in 2013, he was shortlisted for the prestigious Commonwealth Short Story Prize and long listed for the Short Story Day Africa prize.

He was nominated for the 2008 Million Writers Awards for his short story, Homecoming.

He first appeared in print in The Sunday Vision in 2001. Hi