Start by marking “The Keys to Jericho” as Want to Read:
The Keys to Jericho

The Keys to Jericho

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Wild Sparks’ Hadley Beckett isn’t the only Beckett with a broken past and a story to tell…

Thirty-year-old Jared Beckett has always lived his life unconsciously, contemptuously, single-handedly, and on his own terms, not caring what people think of him, or thinking much of the people who do care. His mother’s abandoning him when he was a toddler laid the bitter foundation i
Published January 6th 2015 by Ren Alexander (first published January 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Keys to Jericho, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Keys to Jericho

Jen Wildner
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know how to write this review! I wish I could rate it higher than a 5 star read because it definitely is! This book blew away every other book I've read this year! Ren grabbed a hold of me and did not let go, she still has me in her grips and I'm okay with that. I can't stop thinking about this book. We got a glimpse of Jared in The Wild Sparks series and I never imagined he would be the way he is. He is nothing like his sister Hadley. Jared has some issues, well he has a lot of iss ...more
Nance
***POSSIBLE SPOILERS PRESENT WITHIN THIS REVIEW***

2/24/15 - DONE! Holy crap, now I have to think about writing my review. I need a minute or two or possibly three...

Jared and Kat, well let's just say they were epic! I've read a lot of books, tons of books even, but there's not that many that I would say were beyond stellar. But, this was definitely one that achieves that level. Beautiful love story. A wounded but yet complicated Hero and a damaged but yet strong Heroine are the leads in this boo
DJ Sakata
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

“I never changed my mind about loving you. I just admitted it to myself and then grew the balls to tell you. I love you, Kit Kat. Not just present. My past and future too.”

“How long are you going to stand there and gawk? You move slower than a legless turtle.”

“She’s my… everything. I went without her for so long, and I never want to go back to that place. I don’t even want to imagine my life without her in it anymore.”

"The day we met, she changed my life, but the day I walked awa
Karen Hrdlicka
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The mark of a great writer is leaving the reader wanting more. I just finished Ren Alexander's book The Keys to Jericho and that is exactly what I want-MORE. I love books that pull you so far into the story that you don't notice how long or short the book is. All I know is that when my kindle stopped turning pages I was a little sad that the journey had ended. I have been a fan of Ms. Alexander's for awhile and was more than excited when she asked me to beta read this book. Little did I know tha ...more
Angie
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved The Wild Sparks series, when I heard there would be a prequel, I never imagined that this is what Ren had in mind.
The story of Jericho (Jared), Hadley's younger brother from The Sparks series. Catching only a glimpse of him in the series, I had to read this book to find out more!
Jared Beckett, a man scorn, a true friend, who believes that love does not exist and anyone that falls into it is pretty much just looking for heartbreak or is a sucker.
His 2 sidekicks, (whom I refer to as the
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, blogged
If you pay any attention to my blog at all, you'll know that I am thoroughly obsessed with Ren Alexander's Wild Sparks series, more specifically Finn Wilder and that, frankly, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it in almost a year. So naturally I couldn't wait to pick up a new book from her. Even if I was a little worried that she could never top Finn & Hadley's story.
Ren has done it again.
She has this amazing way of creating characters that feel like close, personal friends. I fee
Patti
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book, Ren has a talent to writing, you can feel what she puts in words, you laugh out loud, shed a tear and get anxious about scenes between characters to the point you have to adjust your neck and remember to breathe. After reading Keys to Jericho I want to be one of the friends of each characters and hang around with them and be a part of their lives. The sex scenes are, let me say" HOT". Highly recommend this book and all that Ren Alexander writes, I am a total fan. Thank you so mu ...more
Karen
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap!!
Jared and Kat! Where do I start? They were friends in high school, neither knowing the other wanted more. A chance encounter brings them back together. This book takes place in the middle of Hadley and Finn's story, Jared is Hadley's little brother. I loved loved loved this story! I laughed and cried and yelled. Thank you Ren for another amazing book!
Trinitee Mitchell-Dunn
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ren Alexander has blown me away with this book!! It's a MUST READ!!!! I loved this book and could not put it down. Fantastic storyline, Dynamic Characters, wonderfully written, all around Amazing!!! The Keys To Jericho is defiantly 5 plus stars!!! I didn't want this book to end.... I Want More Jared!!!!!! So, if you are reading this review, what are you waiting for, Add this book to the Top of your list, you will not be disappointed!!
Cheryl
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If there was anything that could be said about this story it would be this:
"This amazing story is filled with everything for every type of reader."

Ren Alexander is a great manipulator of words. Her Wild Sparks Series left me wrecked and wanting. The Keys to Jericho, Kat and Jareds (Jericho), story, is no exception. I am left wanting. I am left needing more.

The angst filled storyline is brilliant. I never expected the story to be filled with so much powerful emotion, but it was and so much more.
Spunky N Sassy
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, 4-star
SNS Rating: 4.66

~~~~~~~~~~Sharlene's ★★★★✰ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Where to even start? Second chances are a terrific thing and that is just what Jared and Kit get. Although they wouldn't have needed a second chance if they had just opened their mouths to begin with. The characters are all well developed, even the secondary ones. At times I felt I was there with them. This book is angsty, full of drama, hot sex and can be read as a stand alone. Although it was a tad on the long side, the author does an
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
OMG I have come to the conclusion that I just cannot properly review Ren Alexander !! Her stories are just so intense it is insane !! I always feel tortured but yet completely sated after I read her...

So we met Jared/Jericho/Jare/Sonic in the Wild Sparks series , he is Hadley's brother. I really didn't know what to expect of him but he totally surprised me. First off I will say he is worse than a pre-teen hormonal girl !! OMG his attitude is downright horrible and although I LOVE the banter betw
Badass Lioness
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
There was much that I liked about this story, but Jericho/Jared tried my patience more than once. For me, it was a slow start. I was not fond of Jared. I did like Kat, Dash, Rio, and even Liberty. He was very rude to Liberty, Rio, and Dash. I wondered at times why Dash and Rio even stuck around. As the story unfolded, I began to understand Jared and why he was so closed off and even mean to everyone, except for Kat.

I liked the colorful characters of Dash, Shell, and Victor. I found myself laugh
Tracy
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jericho is hard to like in most of this book. He’s painfully mean in his sarcasm and dry “humor”. It’s obvious it comes from a place of pain but he doesn’t let it go and he’s so caustic with everyone. And heaven help you if he thinks you’ve crossed him in some way. And honestly, his family and all his friends are really annoying with their “Talk to me.” crap all.the.freaking.time. I wouldn’t talk either because they’d annoy the crap out of me. Though I do understand why they do it. He doesn’t ta ...more
S.M. Koz
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jared (aka Jericho) is a hard character to like. He's rude, brash, and sarcastic in a mean way. I honestly found myself wondering throughout the first half of the book why his friends were friends with him. If someone treated me the way he treated them, I would have said goodbye a long time ago. That made me think that perhaps he was a different person when they were younger, but as we learn more about his past, he was always kind of like this, although it got worse as he got older. All I can sa ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Let me start out by saying that Ren Alexander put my heart through the ringer with The Keys to Jericho. With that being said......5 stars isn't enough on the rating. LOVED this book.

Jared Beckett is a tortured soul due to his mother leaving him when he was a toddler. He doesn't care what people think of him and that love is for fools. He has 2 friends that he is as close to as he can be with anyone. They are trying to help him find the love that will thaw his heart out. He had fallen in love wit
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
What an emotional rollercoaster!!!
This novel was one hell of a ride.I didn't believe I could possibly be so pissed off at a character as much as I was with Jared.This was one of the longest novels I've ever read(Charles Dickens would be proud!!!)... it was a trilogy set in a single book!!!Jared's reactions to Kat throughout the story were so uncalled for...frustrating the reader ever so much!Being stuck in his past,he simply lived a life of bitter lonliness,keeping to himself,silently suffering
Melodi Mance
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing

O.M.G!!!! WOW! Are there even words to describe how much I loved this book! Jared will capture your heart and then throw it back at you. You cant help but to love to hate him. He is perfectly imperfect.
I related to this book in so many ways, it really had a deep impact on me personally. The book was very satisfying leaving you with the complete story and no stone left unturned. I was so thankful that Ren Alexander made this book the length that it is I got my fill of Jared and Kat plus some.
Estelle Martinez
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is worth more than five stars! If you loved reading the previous books in the wild sparks series well then this book will have you gracing for more of our favorite characters.

Kat and Jericho story is one you do not want to miss out on. The witty banter, humor, emotion and yes the under your breath mumbles will have you laughing and ready to choke them in the same moment.

To see how these to grow and come to their sense is pure joy. The relationship Jericho has with dash and rio well le
Leigh Lunsford
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like this...

I loved the Wild Sparks series but the journey I just went on-indescribable. This is a journey that defines the saying "actions speak louder than words." Jared has so much love to give but he just is incapable of opening up and so damn unsure of love himself. Kat, she needs the words like every other woman and has plenty of self-doubt herself. I felt like I needed to be medicated while reading because I could get mad at Jericho but I got seriously pisssed if anyone else was saying an
April Anne
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God! This book...I have no words, really. It has me twisted in knots. It makes me question my judgment. I was sure that I hated Jared as soon as I read this book. He's the biggest dick I've read in a book. But that changes everything when he got his head out of his ass and get his shit together and went after the love of his life.

So, here I am. I ended up loving Jared. I think I even love him more than I love Finn Wilder. You guys need to read this book. It's long, but its worth it. It i
Book Junkie
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one by Ren. Oh, how much I adore her. Just loved the supporting characters as well. It was a little to long a read for me as compared to the one that I read, but it was worth it. A must read.
Sheri Bishop
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! I cried, laughed, got mad, wanted to slap their heads together (more than once)!! I didn't think Ren could top her Sparks series but I have to admit this book is better! Now I want to know what's next for our Beckett crew!

By the way, I'm in love with Rod and with Dash!
Jessica Fay
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Let me start this by saying I have been a huge fan of Ren Alexander since her first novel but every single time I sit and read her words I am blown away.

This novel is massive, but it shouldn't have been any other way! The story of Jared and Kat is one that should not be rushed. I loved the detail in this story. The pain, anguish, love, tears, laughs... I could go on forever.

Can love truly exist years after being separated? Do soul mates really exist? Is love enough or is it something for the w
Laurie Baker
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jared

Wow- loved this book with Jared and Kat wayyyyyyy more than Finn and Hadley's. I like how aspects of that series were incorporated into this story, gives a much broader picture of Finn and Hadley's relationship--I'm not sure if I'm still a Finnatic anymore after reading Jared's perspective. Looking forward to the next book by Ren--less than 2 months away:)
Brenda Thompson
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book.
Deborah Nixon
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great great great great...

Do you get the picture? It is so Courtney and makes you laugh all the way. I wanted it to keep going on forever. Best 1.99 I ever spent.
Raj
Jan 28, 2015 marked it as to-read
**************One Disgruntled Fan******************

Author's Thoughts:

" I'm not sure yet. I'm currently working on Ricky's from my Wild Sparks series, and then a fourth Wild Sparks book. From there, I have no idea. We'll see how Sparks 4 goes, since Dash will pop up in there. ;)"
Author's thoughts:

That's the #1 question I get after anyone finishes Igniting the Wild Sparks, but I'm so glad that readers want more of Hadley's story. :)
The answer is: yes...eventually. I need a break from Igniting bec
Jenn's Book Obsession
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin?? Holy Shiznet!!! This book was an emotional rollercoaster for sure. I thought I was going to end hating Jared because he comes across like a total a-hole. Slowly but surely, he got under my skin and I just wanted to wrap him up in my arms and comfort him.

I love Ren Alexander's writing style. The way she manages to convey the emotions of her characters and make you feel the same, is pure talent!!! The characters are so well written and developed. She even manages to compel you to
Jackie Toth
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book in this author's Sparks Series and enjoyed it so much I immediately bought the next two. AND I couldn't stop reading. I loved the characters Hadley and Finn and also Hadley's friend Rod. I felt like I really got to know and love them and to understand their way of thinking. I like how the author has written the books to make the reader see the characters from different viewpoints.
From reading about Jared in the Sparks books I was not expecting to like him in the Keys to Jer
« previous 1 3 next »
Making Connections: 4086. THE KEYS TO JERICHO by Ren Alexander 1 12 Nov 10, 2015 05:52PM
  • A Right to Remain
  • Trusting Gibson (Last Score, #2)
  • Blur (Changing Colors, #2)
  • Loving David
  • Sex Sessions: Uncut (Camera Tales #1)
  • From Dust (Portland ME, #1)
  • Color Me Crazy
  • Awaken Me (The Jaded Series, #4)
  • Undone, Volume 3 (Undone, #3)
  • Safe Distance (Wounded Love #1)
  • FU Cancer
  • Fool For Love (Believe, #2)
  • Caught Up In You (Caught Up, #1)
  • Out of Focus (Chosen Paths, #3)
  • Easy Little Lick
  • Slave to the Rhythm (The Rhythm, #1)
  • Shane (Damage Control, #4)
  • Take Me with You (Count on Me, #3)
Ren Alexander was born in Wheeling, West Virginia. She graduated from West Liberty University, where she received a B.S. in criminal justice. Although interested in that field, her true passion was reading and writing. She currently lives in Detroit, Michigan with her husband, two daughters, and two cats.

Ren's novel, "The Keys to Jericho," was chosen as an "Official Selection" in the Romance cate
More about Ren Alexander
“Together or not, either way, I’m going down in flames. So, like you said, let’s suffer together.” 2 likes