Start by marking “Doll of Mine: a Dia de los Muertos Story” as Want to Read:
Doll of Mine: a Dia de los Muertos Story

Doll of Mine: a Dia de los Muertos Story

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
*a horror short story*

In spite of her mother’s protests, Alma has decided to visit the Island of the Dolls on the day before El Dia de Los Muertos. She is bound and determined to go, sure that it is just an island that rumor has deemed haunted.
When she gets there, it is impossible to ignore the doll that seems to call to her.
But there are rules when you take a doll from th
ebook
Published October 31st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Doll of Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doll of Mine

Mike
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Doll of Mine is Lila Felix’s first foray into the horror genre and hopefully not her last as she hit the nail right on the head with this creepy short story! It reminds me of a few short story anthologies I’ve had since I was a kid. Spooky, mysterious, and will be haunting your thoughts long after you’ve read it!
Meghan
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon...
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
This book might book ultra short, but it sure made me feel oh so weird.
I guess I won't be looking at dolls from now on. Well, not for a long time that is.
I'll borrow a line from the song HEART OF MINE:
Doll of mine, when will you keep from haunting?
Abbie
May 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Actual rating - 2.5

This wasn't an awful novella, but I found it to be pretty dull.
Not a lot happened until 60%, and even then it wasn't very interesting/creepy. The ending was okay, but again, Not all that creepy.

Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Alma thinks this fun trip over to the Island of Dolls is just that...fun. But her actions and choices on All Hallows Eve will prove this notion wrong and she will find her life is forever changed.

This is Felix's first Horror short story and I must say she nailed it. When I found out she wrote it I was giddy with anticipation of how it would read. Would it really be the creepy read she promised it to be? Let me tell you...it was! I have always had a fear of dolls coming to life, ever since I watc
valeria
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
no la hubiera leido antes de dormir :(
Autumn
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I received this book to give an honest review.

Even though this book says horror story I felt it was more creepy rather than horror.
We are introduced to Alma who wants to go to an island called Island of the Dolls. That right there just sends the chills up your spine. There is a reason people don't visit there excepts tourist. We learn that her mother is very superstitious and I loved that. Though when Alma goes to the island with her friend it ends up bein
S.F. Benson
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This short story was the first thing I'd ever read by Lila Felix and I enjoyed it.

"Doll of Mine" was reminiscent of a Twilight Zone episode. It started a little slow. I knew there was something going to happen, and I even picked up on the obvious clue. But, it was the creepy ending that nailed it for me.

The details were just right for a short story.

Definitely looking forward to reading more from this author!
Jennifer Sons
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow!!! Talk about creepy!! This is totally different than anything that Lila Felix has written! The suspense and anticipation of what's to co Oh wow!!! Talk about creepy!! This is totally different than anything that Lila Felix has written! The suspense and anticipation of what's to come is unbelievable! Great job! I can't wait to read more of this story!
Kristyn Eudes
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To say I was intrigued when I heard that Lila Felix was switching genres and writing a HORROR story, would be an understatement. I was very excited to read this book and LET me say I was not disappointed...

Doll of Mine, for me, was a whirlwind of excitement. Everyone knows the term unputdownable. Well, guess what! This book definitely belongs in that category.
Jenny
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great short story! And wow the ending leaves me wanting more. As Alma passes the dolls on the way to the cabin I can't help but wonder what their story was. But after the ending it raised my curiosity about the dolls even more.
Cyndi
Oct 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Doll of Mine is a horror story written by Lila Felix and it's something totally different then anything she's ever written. There is just with enough fear and intrigue in Alma's story that you won't be disappointed.
Jaime Rodriguez
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Creepy and fun

So, I have heard the story of the island of the dolls. One dolls creep me out. I never owned many as a child. This story was sad yet creepy. The e ding wasn't what I expected but it made for an interesting story. It's a fun short read.
Laura  Hernandez
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This story was creepy and fun to read.
Debbie
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

So creepy and sad. Loved this story! I felt so bad for Alma and the choices she was faced with and forced to make.
Ashley Ulsch
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very spooky. Dolls are a fear of mine since I was younger. This definitely played off of that fear.
Lana
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This short story was creepy and highly entertaining. I would recommend it to anyone, especially someone who enjoys stories where people mess with supernatural forces they shouldn't.
Kerri
Hollie
Jun 29, 2017
Keleigh Hall
Jul 01, 2018
Lila Felix is full of antics and stories. She refused to go to Kindergarten after the teacher made her take a nap on the first day of school. She staged her first protest in middle school. She almost flunked out of her first semester at Pepperdine University because she was enthralled with their library and frequently was locked in. Now her husband and three children have to put up with her rebel ...more
More about Lila Felix