Start by marking “Baron Of Godsmere (The Feud #1)” as Want to Read:
Baron Of Godsmere (The Feud #1)

Baron Of Godsmere

(The Feud #1)

THE FEUD
England, 1308. Three noblemen secretly gather to ally against their treacherous lord. But though each is elevated to a baron in his own right and given a portion of his lord’s lands, jealousy and reprisals lead to a twenty-five year feud, pitting family against family, passing father to son.

THE DECREE
England, 1333. The chink in Baron Boursier’s armor is his fond
Published February 14th 2015 by Tamara Leigh (first published February 13th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Baron Of Godsmere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baron Of Godsmere

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
4.5

Tamara Leigh has become my go-to author for medieval romance. She has a captivating way of writing that sucks you into the story and has you falling in love with her characters. I love her medievals because they feel so authentic, without being boring or feeling like a history lesson.

Elianor suffered through a horrible first marriage. Although she was only married for two years, they were years filled with constant abuse. She is now a widow and learns she is to be wed to The Boursier (Bayard
Ronie
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's a rare book that induces me to lose sleep. But Tamara Leigh's Baron of Godsmere succeeded--and also held me captive in the morning--thank goodness for lazy Saturdays--to finish the tale. A wonderfully woven story with a heroine who is feisty but not with that rebellious, too-stupid-to-live angle so many authors use today. Reason and commonsense abounds, along with hefty doses of danger, intrigue, and mystery that fueled my desire to read and the character's desire for each other. I give it ...more
Melissa
I read almost all of this book, but by the time I got past most of the conflict I just wanted it over and I put it down early. The entire book is about sex, who slept with who, who cheated on who, and would they be able to consummate the marriage. I was so irritated by the resolution I just couldn't keep reading. I have liked Leighs books before, even tho they do have a very adult feel, but after this one I need a long break.
April
Leigh, once again, pens an absolutely delightful, historical romance. Filled with all the stuff that makes for an interesting, fun and romantic read. Feuding families, commands to marriage, intrigue, engaging and noteworthy characters...I could go on and on!

At first the reading pace is a little slower, as you try to figure out the foundation of the story and piece together who all the different families are and their place in the story. But believe me, this will not last for very long and then
MLOW
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Another winner

Once again, Tamara Leigh does not disappoint! Fans of her Age of Faith series will undoubtedly love this new series. This historical romance sweeps the reader away into a world of intrigue, betrayal and redemption. Eagerly awaiting the rest of the series!
Austin Ryan
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it ❤ ...more
Space Cowgirl
All Talk and No Action🏰🔪

This could have been a great story but it was all dialogue and very little action. It was more like a soap opera than anything. The story goes on and on with nothing really happening.
If this is the kind of romance you like, then I'm all for it, but I read historical romances for the action first and Romance second.
I did not enjoy the book even though it's well written. I couldn't get interested in the characters.
Ashley Nikole
May 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
What I liked...
The character building of our two main MC's, their growing closer and learning to trust each other. Doing life together. The plot, to a certain degree. They had some adorable moments that made me smile.

What I didn't like...
This book, although marketed as a "clean read" felt anything but clean. I feel like, as another reviewer said, Tamara must have written the romantic scenes from the angle, "can we make this scene lusty?" like...no. Done from another angle, the scenes between ou
Tara
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auto-buy
5 solid stars!!! I loved this one...and am so, so glad it's the beginning of what I'm assuming will be a trilogy. Ms. Leigh has most definitely claimed the top spot on my favorites list when it comes to historical romance. And this book is just as good as all her others! I feel like every time I read a new one of her historicals, I have a new favorite...I don't know how she does it!

Onto the story...
Bayard...one word: LOVE! He's such a strong, well-developed character. His internal conflict betwe
Nola
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes a hero comes along whom you never want to leave, can't bear for the tale to end, know you won't let him go. The Baron is that knight and this is that book. It's also a good mystery, a lesson in political dynamics at a local level, a glimpse of royal interference, and love story. But the Baron, oh my. This is a must read for anyone who appreciates interesting and clever dialogue. Did I mention the Baron?
Glenda Parker
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review today is on the Medieval Romance Baron of Godsmere. This is the first book in the Feud Series. I really enjoy Tamara's books and I'm sure you do to. This story is kind of a take on the old story of the beauty and the beast. It's well written, full of action, and will touch your heart.
In 1308 a large land grant was taken from a man that betrayed the king and given to three men that became barons. Years later, in 1333 the three barons are at war there is continual strife and mayhem betwe
Tamara Tilley
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Two amazing series from author Tamara Leigh, THE AGE OF FAITH SERIES and THE FUED are absolutely incredible!

I’m not going to review the books individually, because I read both series so fast (nine books in all), I have too many stories buzzing around in my head; I would not do them the justice they deserve. Needless to say, it was an incredible journey filled with knights and ladies, castles and baronies, romance, intrigue, and tragedy.

The true center of THE AGE OF FAITH SERIES is the Wulfrith
Donna Weaver
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This one was a tougher read (listen) than I'm used to for a Tamara Leigh book. The characters were just as intriguing and interesting. This story spent sooo much time, though, on the consummation (or not) of the marriage. It began to wear on me a bit. I'm also bothered by characters who "fall in love" without having seen redeeming qualities in the other. Elianor and Bayard both have good reason to think ill of the other, and while they do see tenderness in the other eventually, I'd hoped to see ...more
Jeanne Johnston
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I almost bailed at the prologue. Disgusting men, confusing treachery, and... if they're all English, why all the French names?

But I stuck with it and quickly the real story began. No clue why Elianor was doing this idiotic thing, but it took mere seconds to realize her partner in crime was the real villain.

My biggest complaint about this kind of book is when women are too modern, and get away with shit they never would in the era. Not a problem here.

As the story evolved, I quickly began to ro
Laurel
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I discovered Tamara Leigh through her Age of Faith series and quickly read all eight of those. I highly recommend!!! I had to get more of Ms. Leigh so I looked for another series and found The Feud. It is also a great series -- although I don't know if I'll ever like characters as much as the Wulfriths! Of the 3 books in this series, I like Baron of Blackwood best, this is my second choice and Baron of Emberly is third. I love her books and her writing style. Her language is beautiful and the di ...more
Robin
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I never know what to expect when I open the cover of a medieval romance. Some are only about the passion between two people. This one gave me so much more.

This rousing tale of romance, adventure, & mystery set the stage for an interesting love story. The way the love grows between the characters surprised me and warmed my heart. All the characters are fleshed out so well they're easy to relate to. Even the villain is relatable! The feud at the start set a somewhat dire tone and a steady pac
Piyushi Dhir
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I started reading this book, I couldn't make heads or tails of the innumerable characters from the three feuding families over two generations. I kept on, only because I believed there had to be a reason the book had such great ratings and reviews. By the time I was through with a third of the book, it had me hooked. I loved Bayard and Elianor's unwilling but inevitable blooming of a relationship, but didn't like that the book ended abruptly. But the ending has tempted me to read the rest o ...more
Lee Phillips
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome read by Tamara Leigh

While the book started out somewhat confusing, I quickly realized everything I was confused about made sense.
Back in time when marriages were prearranged, this twisty, turning story had me from the start. When Elianor pretends to be someone she is not, the plot thickens with family drama that makes one wonder how this will turn out.
Truly it was a story I had a hard time putting down. I love Ms. Leigh's ability to adhere to the era of the story as well as addin
Sheryl
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Tamara Leigh's Age of Faith books so when The Baron of Godmere was on Kindle I had to get it. It does not disappoint, lots of entanglements, broken people finding love and forgiveness, learning to trust God again. It's a great story and shows God is in control without being "preachy". This is a 3 book series so there is part of the story line still carrying into next book. You struggle along with Bayard and Elianor both have had abuse and betrayal. Trusting one another is something they ...more
Valerie
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful love story; I am absolutely addicted to Tamara Leigh's medieval romances! This one was in the clean historical category instead of inspirational, but it was still plenty inspirational, with the addition of what is called 'edgy' content, which personally I like better than leaving it out, as it is more true to life.

I really liked the character of Baron Boursier! His gentle patience with his damaged wife was precious to behold.

In this series, The Feud, we are dealing with marriag
Chocho_fly
Apr 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, tstl
I couldn’t finish the book. The heroine is tstl. And even though she knew she made a mistake, understood why the hero was angry and regretted her actions, she still antagonised the hero, provoked and annoyed him. I don’t mind strong and independent heroine. But I draw a line at a stupid, stubborn and antagonising heroine just for the sake of arguing or creating conflict. You don’t feel guilty and regret but keep creating conflicts. She also kept saying the wrong things, even when her mind told h ...more
robyn
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, love, mystery
As the first book in a series of three, this one suffered from having to do the set-up and the author getting a feel for the language - I think. At any rate, it feels unwieldy at times. I also had a hard time keeping all the actors apart; I couldn't work out who Elianor was impersonating and why for the first several chapters.

But. those quibbles aside, I did want to know what was going to happen, and the author cleverly introduces the other main characters in such a way that you want to see how
Jane Mercer
Feb 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: deleted, e-book
I was attracted to this book due to the cover the Hawk and Fisher looking couple.
The start despite slightly confusing politics was OK so was the start of the actual plot were Elainor drugged the Boursoir was interesting , got your attention. That was as far as it went if Leigh had cut the pages and pages of introspection the tale would have been captivating, as it was you could skip pages and pages and it still wouldn't have got to the point and you missed nothing I read about 60% before I got f
Kathy
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sworn enemies destined to love

Lady Elianor Verdun had attempted to imprison Baron Bayard Boursier but wound up instead as his prisoner and ultimately his wife. Not only did he capture her physically but eventually he captured her heart. No small feat considering the abuse El had suffered at the hands of her dead husband if two years past. But evil creeps through the hidden passages of Adderstone and threatens all they hold dear.
Rebecca Neustel
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent medieval romance!

As I was looking for a medieval romance to read, I was very happy to find this book, the first of the series, on my kindle. Ms Leigh draws beautiful, vivid word pictures that cause you to feel you have become a part of the story, perhaps sitting on the dias beside Bayard and Elianor in the great hall. I'm happy that it's been awhile since these books have been released as I don't have to wait for the next one to come out!
Heather
Good if you like Christian Romance

This book was better written than a lot of romance novels and the characters were engaging, but the author spent more time describing their prayers than their passion, and it ended up feeling preachy. If you like that in a novel you will probably enjoy this one, but if you were hoping for more time in the bedroom than the chapel you will be disappointed.
unknown
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

I discovered Tamara Keith's Clean Reads by accident but what a pleasure her books have proved to be. Although st the beginning of this one i got confused with all the different names l persevered and was delighted as the romance of this couple unfolded. Although the hero had only one eye this made him dangerous and exciting. Can't what to read next one in series.
Lora
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating!

I was given this book as a gift, and wasn't sure I would like it since it is not the genre I usually read. However, once I started it, I couldn't stop until the very end--I read the whole thing in two days straight! It was intriguing, captivating, unpredictable, intriguing, and extremely well written. Now I can't wait to get book two!
Stephani Austin
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoying this trilogy!

I’ve read her Age of Faith series and loved it, and tried this one. I haven’t been disappointed! I am enjoying getting to know a whole new cast of characters and appreciate that I know the new couples before getting into the new books. Life is messy, and the characters demonstrate that, but forgiveness and truth are powerful!
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 21, 2015 03:15PM
  • Dreaming of Ivy (Love and Flowers Trilogy, #2)
  • The Bold Heart (Highland Heather and Hearts Scottish Romance #4)
  • A Perfect Secret (Rogue Hearts #3)
  • The Promise (The Lady Quill Chronicles, #1)
  • She Owns the Knight
  • A River Too Deep (People of the Book, #1)
  • The Heart's Warrior (Medieval Romance Trilogy #1)
  • Fair Valley Refuge (The Shepherd's Heart #3)
  • A Lady By Any Other Name
  • Now and Forever (Wild at Heart, #2)
  • A Time for Love (de Piaget, #1-2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #5 & 7)
  • When Two Rivers Meet
  • The Ransom (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #4)
  • The Falcon and the Sparrow
  • Brentwood's Ward (The Bow Street Runners #1)
  • Heartless
  • On The Run (The Real Thing #1)
  • The Master's Wall (Iron & the Stone #1)
Tamara Leigh holds a Masters Degree in Speech and Language Pathology. In 1993, she signed a 4-book contract with Bantam Books. Her first medieval romance, Warrior Bride, was released in 1994. Continuing to write for the general market, three more novels were published with HarperCollins and Dorchester and earned awards and spots on national bestseller lists.

In 2006, Tamara’s first inspirational co

The Feud (3 books)
  • Baron of Emberly (The Feud, #2)
  • Baron of Blackwood (The Feud #3)