Jump to ratings and reviews

King Arthur's Sister in Washington's Court

Whatever is a time-displaced queen of magic and minions to do? Why, rebuild her kingdom, of course—two kingdoms, in fact: as Campaign Boss for the reelection of American President Malory Beckham Hinton, and as owner of the London Knights world-champion baseball franchise.

Written as though by the old master himself, King Arthur’s Sister in Washington’s Court by Mark Twain as channeled by Kim Iverson Headlee offers laughs, love, and a candid look at American society, popular culture, politics, baseball...and the human heart.

ebook

First published September 23, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Kim Iverson Headlee

17 books341 followers
Only two generations removed from Russian nobility, Kim Headlee lives on a farm with her family, pets, fish, livestock & assorted wildlife in the Appalachian Mountains of southwestern Virginia.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
10 (9%)
1 star
11 (10%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 49 reviews
Profile Image for N.N. Heaven.
Author 5 books1,888 followers
April 13, 2017
I'm a huge Mark Twain fan as well as an avid baseball fan. When I came across this book, I knew I has to read it. Although, to be perfectly honest, I wasn't sure what to expect. I mean, could Headlee pull off the writing style of Twain? Was I just asking for trouble?

I was pleasantly surprised. Headlee must be a Twain admirer because her tone and pacing was absolutely superb. From the first page until the last, I was immersed. It was highly enjoyable and I recommend this book as a must-read!

My Rating: 5+ stars
Profile Image for Vonnie.
412 reviews7 followers
November 16, 2014
What if Mark Twain's story, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, continued? Though I have not read the original classic by Twain, I was eager to read this book because it was an Arthurian tale and I was curious to see how Morgan le Fay would be in the future. I was not too sure what to expect so I did not start reading this book with any set ideas. With an open mind, I was able to have fun reading King Arthur's Sister in Washington's Court.

The plot was very entertaining. I loved the whole idea of Morgan traveling to the future to stop Mark Twain's character from going to her time and destroying her world, but instead she wound up in the late future. I found myself grinning while reading the first few chapters where Morgan awakens in the future at a Renaissance Fair. I couldn't wait to read her reaction when she realized where she was. Next, it was interesting to see how the story turned directions: Morgan helped out on a presidential campaign then she became an owner of a baseball team. To be honest, I was thrown off a bit at the idea of Morgan le Fay being the owner of a sports team since I'm not a follower of sports. However, the things Morgan went through with the team as well as the little romance she had had me wanting to read more. It also had me wondering if Morgan would ever return to her time.

Reading this book gave me an idea of what Mark Twain's book was about. It encouraged me to pick up the classic and see where the inspiration for this book came from. I would like to be able to compare these two books.

Overall, this was an enjoyable read. I liked the quirkiness of the plot and I simply loved Morgan. I was glad to have had the chance to read an Arthurian tale.
Profile Image for Jill Roberts.
Author 7 books20 followers
November 30, 2014
Too be honest, there are 3 things I love in this world, (beside my children, family and friends of course) and they are everything Arthurian, Morgan le Faye, and anything written by one of the best contemporary Arthurian novelists, Kim Iverson Headlee. Not only does Ms. Headlee know all the intricate details of the Arthurian legends and history, she creates an Arthurian world of her own.
King Arthur’s Sister in Washington’s Court ( or KASIWC), has everything us Arthurian lovers could want and more. Time travel, romance, pop culture, sports, politics and Morgan’s eccentric antics are just a few highlights. Having a 6th century queen travel to 2079 and deal with such dramatic change in itself is the novel’s peripheral antagonist and at times it’s humorous and witty. Morgan le Faye stays vigorous while assimilating to her new surroundings and keeping to her mission. KASIWC is irresistible, passionate, and intriguing. Definitely check out this amazing new Arthurian Romance!
364 reviews7 followers
October 3, 2016
Very enjoyable book

I am a baseball fan, so this book was good for me especially the part about how the players didn't make much money. The funniest parts were those in which the Queen was always wanting to put someone on the rack (most especially the members of Congress!!).
Profile Image for Erika Messer.
176 reviews15 followers
June 30, 2019
This was quite the fun book to read, it had so many things to smile at and the wording was so perfect for Morgan! She finds herself yanked into present day Washington DC where she finds a faux court of Henry Tudor and Anne Boleyn, and of course a faux Lady Jane Seymour aka Clarice, who helps her find her way. Morgan immediately becomes acquainted with Madame President Malory Beckham Hinton and Malory requests for Morgan to become her campaign manager, which is hilarious. And Morgan is so serious about it all, which is even more fun because she really gets into the role. It is so filled with fun and laughter and you know that Morgan is just searching for that ONE moment where she can take her revenge, but you can't help but laugh your way through it :) I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, and I think the author did a fabulous job with Morgan's character and how she learns about herself through the eyes of today's history books and how much it astounds her and insults her. It's a good version of Morgan which we normally don't get, she is always second to King Arthur and always the villain (which of course she is in this book too, but she has a good reason to be!). The story itself is written in the third person POV by someone who claims that Morgan gave them the "tome" of the adventures she had, so the reader is also able to see Morgan's every thought throughout the book. And being a huge fan of the stories of Camelot made this even better. Would love to see more like this, it was absolutely unforgettable!

***I received a free book to read
Profile Image for Darlene.
367 reviews27 followers
January 16, 2015
Have a Great Book for you this morning, one that I know you will sure to enjoy. It is written by KIM IVERSON HEADLEE and the name of the book is called KING ARTHURS SISTERS IN WASHINGTON COURT:
Yup you heard and read right.. King Arthur and he had a sister. Morgan Le Fray-. Before I get started telling you the nibble. I have a few comments to make about our author. Ms Headlee was very kind to send me ARC of this amazing and time travel story. In exchange for an honest review. Here is my honest review of Ms Headlee's terrific and amusing book. King Arthurs Sister is written similar to a Mark Twain story . Its like Ms Headlee has the touch of Twain in her.
As our story starts out we find our Queen Morgan in a carriage racing to the battlefield. Where her brother the King is fighting- when she arrives there - she rushes to his side- sends for her herbs attempting to save his life. The next we see is she is telling them to write what she tells them to. Morgan begins to tell a story- she cast a spell trying to go back in time to kill Hank Morgan . If she can kill him before he comes to her time then the king will be safe. However, she ends up being 300 miles and 200 years off. Morgan ends up in Washington D C. Now this is where her life starts to take a turn. Morgan becomes the Campaign Boss for the American President Malory Beckham Hinton. Then later on she decides to purchase the the baseball team Knights. (hmm- wonder what she is thinking ??) After Morgan decides to purchase the London Knights- she realizes that in order to know what is going on with her club and the day to day operation of it. She is going to have to move. She leaves President Malory in good hands -with her assistant. When She reaches London she hires Sandy as her GM. Along the way they fall in love. He does something to lose her trust- Morgan fires him- but then because she truly loves him , and he her she rehires him. Now this isn't where the story the ends. But where it starts to have more twists. Remember it is about a 6th century Queen in the 21st century. Does our Morgan go back to safe King Arthur ?? Or does she stay where she is?? For that you will need to read this amazing and interesting story- I wholeheartedly recommend this book for all. Especially for those that enjoy baseball, history, and touch politics.Mousiey gives an over all rating for this book of 25 stars out 5 . Now make sure to add it to your to read list on goodreads. And then TIME TRAVEL YOURSELF OVER TO AMAZON OR BARNES AND NOBLES TO GET YOUR COPY NOW!!! NOW GO !!!
Profile Image for Laura.
3,192 reviews320 followers
November 3, 2014
Being a fan of all forms of Arthurian literature I was excited to read Kim Headlee's time travel novel in the style of Mark Twain's A Connecticut Yankee. It has been years since I read Twain's novel or even watched the movie versions.
King Arthur's Sister is set in our future and focuses on Morgana, still very much the Queen of mystical arts, although not as dark as in her earlier times. OK, that may be up for debate.
Finding herself in an unfamiliar era, Morgan associates with infuential, powerful, wealthy people.
It is not until the very end of the book that we learn in detail how Morgan came to this particular time.
The last hour of reading this book was my favorite part.
I did not go into this book with any preconceptions. Perhaps I was expecting more of a political story, Morgan aiding Malory Hinton in her aspirations as President for Life. Those sections of the book were exciting.
While interesting, the details of the ball games and owning and managing a champion level baseball team slowed down the reading for me. I appreciated the comparisons between different eras and between running a kingdom and a successful business.

Along with the political and business storylines, included is Morgan's tumultuous romance with her personal assistant "Sandy" who resembles her prior consort, Sir Accolon.
This era's Morgan seemed softer, more open and adaptable.
I was relieved when she fired Sandy (again) rather than give in to his ultimatum.
There is a brief moment in the story where Morgan is actually vulnerable.
If this had not been resolved as quickly as it did, I have no doubt Morgan would have conjured up magical aid. Fortunately her powerful friends came to her rescue. I may have enjoyed that section to be a bit beefier, last longer.
It seemed to resolve too easily without enough consequences.

I want to suggest that at the end of the book you do not stop.
Read the author notes. I enjoyed them very much.
I believe this book has the potential to be an excellent movie and the beginning of a mini series.

I received an ecopy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for M.C. Simon.
16 reviews2 followers
January 3, 2015
I am writing this review from the position of the person who did not read Mark Twain’s story and who is not a fan of King Arthur’s epoch. However, I have to admit that time travel is one of my passions.

I had a pleasant surprise finding that the main character had to travel forward in time. Her reason for doing it was also a hook for me.

It was appealing to read about a 6th-century Queen’s time travel in the future. It was amusing to read about her thoughts and feelings in the end of the 21th century, a completely new Era filled with so many technological marvels. I found here an interesting approach of interactions between people living in such different epochs.

I needed some time for the language used to reel me in, but once this happened, it was a nice journey to take. If this somehow happens to you also, be patient. After several pages, you will find yourself immersed in this book and when the end arrives, you will not want to put it down from your hands. You will find many aspects to follow here … romance, politics, business, magic, sports… and much more.

I recommend reading this book especially if you are an Arthurian reader and a sport or politics fanatic. In addition, if you are passionate about time travel, I would recommend this story line concept to you. Seeing the comparison between the lives of the same character in two different worlds, while reading it, a question shadowed me. Will Morgan choose to go back in her original time period, where her brother King Arthur was dying or will she remain in the new time, where so much is happening?

I will not tell you her final choice. You will have to find this out for yourself. Therefore, read it and tell me what you think.
Profile Image for Christina Weigand.
Author 15 books124 followers
December 2, 2014
King Arthur’s Sister in Washington’s Court
Kim Iverson Headlee
Queen Morgan lands in the year 2079 in the United States. She is quickly rushed to Washington D.C. to assist a presidential candidate to win the re-election and govern the country.
After the election is won, Queen Morgan helps the new president, Malory Beckham, to rule the country but is soon lured to London, where she buys a baseball team.
The bulk of the story is about the ups and downs of Morgan’s life as a baseball owner. Throughout the story she is looking for a way to return to her own time so she can reconcile with and save her brother King Arthur, who she left dying on the battlefield.
During her time in the contemporary world she encounters deceit, finds and loses love and learns a lot about herself. If the reader enjoys King Arthur tales and baseball stories this is the book for you. This reader would have preferred to see more of the activities with Malory Beckham and Morgan’s adjustment to living in the modern world as well as her efforts to get back to her own time.
Overall King Arthur’s Sister in Washington’s Court is a fun romp through time, just not necessarily this reader’s cup of tea.
Profile Image for Tammy Hall.
401 reviews22 followers
January 20, 2015
I have always been a fan of Arthurian books and time travel as well so when the chance came for me to read this book I was thrilled. I dove into this story head first and was surprised by what I found. Morgan Is King Arthur's sister and she is trying to save his life but to do so she must go back in time to kill the man who takes her brothers life. There's just one problem with that she ends up in the future not the past. Morgan is left to accept that she is in the wrong place and the wrong time. Morgan Plunges into politics and comes out shining. She also buys a baseball team and falls in love with a man who will betray her and yet she loves him can she make it work will love save the day for Morgan or will she let it slip by and miss her chance at true love?
I enjoyed this book immensely! Kim Iverson Headlee took me on a journey I won't soon forget. She did an amazing job with this book and I am so glad I got the chance to read it!
Profile Image for Kim Headlee.
Author 17 books341 followers
September 28, 2016
Well! I entered my rating and forgot to un-check the "share to" social media boxes, so now I need to write something about this book.

Okay, here it is: This is not the book of my heart, it is the book of my soul; I began writing it in 2007, stopped about 50 pages in because I didn't think I was worthy to emulate Mark Twain -- and that doubt halted all my fiction projects for three years. Yes, years.

Now I am pleased to share it with you for your entertainment and, perhaps, enlightenment.

The past is past. The game goes on.

BTW, if you liked the 15 illustrations contained in this e-book, you'll love the more than 100 that I commissioned for the paperback and hardcover editions.
Profile Image for Annmarie Pelayo.
28 reviews
January 23, 2015
At first I didn know whether I would like this book, however, as the story evolved I became entralled in the concept of the book as well as the story line. Queen Morgan is quite the character! Considering that she is in an era that she was unprepared for, she finds herself delving into the century she was brought into and brings you with her thru the trials and errors of being in the 21st century and the challenges that she willingly takes on. I found myself laughing at many points in the book as well as wondering what she would get into next.
421 reviews
October 7, 2016
Do not miss this book

When I began reading this book, I was quite skeptical of it's worth. Then it's beauty and humor overtook me. I could not put it down. The observations on modern politics, social structure and baseball are well worth the read. Queen Morgan's relationship with Sandy is true romance. It is very interesting how the author was able to compare the age of King Arthur to modern politics and, of course, baseball with such keen observations and humor. I highly recommend this book.
Profile Image for Peggy.
2,277 reviews39 followers
January 15, 2015
I have never read a time traveling type book. I usually stay away from those since I never felt as if I would enjoy them. But now, I think I have truly been missing out! This was a great read! Surprisingly for me I really enjoyed it! Looking at the cover doesn't do much justice for this book, you have to actually open it and start reading. I promise once you do you won't stop. You will enjoy just as I have!

*Received for an honest review*
Profile Image for A. McCarty.
Author 17 books41 followers
November 18, 2014
I am not normally a fan of the Arthurian books, but this one held up and stood out for me. This one had its pull and I am glad it did. I give it many props and many props to the author for a wonderful book. I can't wait to read more from this author.

Imaginative Dreams was given for an honest review.
Profile Image for Lonny Johnson.
274 reviews13 followers
April 5, 2018

In 1628 Thomas and Elizabeth Emerson left England and sailed to America on the Mary. They lived briefly in Massachusetts before settling permanently in Vermont. From them sprung some of America's greatest writers: Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emily Dickinson, and Mark Twain. Though I inherited not a bit of writing talent, I fit down near the bottom of that family tree as well. I have loved Twain since I first read "Tom Sawyer" in school and was truly tickled to find he was my very distant cousin. So I approached this book thinking 'Who does she think she is, writing a sequel to Twain'? Ms. Headlee, I was pleased to read, had similar misgivings. But Ms. Headlee uses "A Connecticut Yankee..." as a jumping off point for a fun and interesting book. What if Morgan Le Fey did use magic to come to the future to stop Hank Morgan from destroying her world? What follows is a breezy look at 6TH century royal attitude applied to 21ST century Earth. Morgan of course believes her way is better and uses her magic to reorganize America to her model; the feudal system. I thoroughly enjoyed this book even if I think the politics are a bit of a stretch, and recommend it.
Profile Image for Selaya Morton.
221 reviews3 followers
December 16, 2018
Humour and incredulity rule in this fanciful switch around of Mark Twain's story. The idea of Morgan Le Fay transporting herself ahead in time to exact vengeance on "The Boss" is novel enough in and of itself but when she initially believes she has come up a few hundred years short she wastes little time in attempting to adapt to her new surroundings and time. When she is finally made aware of her true locale and year, the same is true and she becomes a vital entity in more ways than one. The marriage of political chicanery and her sudden accession to ownership of a baseball team lead her back to her Queenly beliefs and practices. We are treated to her Old English manner of speech gradually evolving into a passing understanding of 21st Century patterns. Of course, magic plays a large part as befits the character and she sometimes has to keep a tight rein on herself in this regard. Over the course of her sojourn, she makes friends and enemies - even to the point of marrying again. The climax of the tale is somewhat surprising but leaves the reader with a sense of satisfaction. If you are looking for something a little diverse, you may just find it in this book.
136 reviews2 followers
Read
July 26, 2018
I'm actually still reading this one. I will tell you there is a rather funny scene early on where Queen Morgan lands in modern times that feels familiar to her. Can you say RenFest?
Profile Image for Tom Denker.
75 reviews1 follower
June 12, 2018
I got this book for free as a Goodreads Giveaway - that has not changed my review.

Got this immediately after finishing a reread of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, which is one of my favorites. This is a whole lot of fun and does a good job of sticking to Twain's style while humanizing a pretty unlikable character from the original.
Profile Image for Victor Gentile.
2,035 reviews57 followers
May 9, 2015
Kim Iverson Headlee in her new book, “King Arthur’s Sister in Washington’s Court” published by Lucky Bat Books takes us into the life of Morgan le Fay.

From the back cover: Morgan le Fay, 6th-century Queen of Gore and the only major character not killed off by Mark Twain in A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court, vows revenge upon the Yankee Hank Morgan. She casts a spell to take her to 1879 Connecticut so she may waylay Sir Boss before he can travel back in time to destroy her world. But the spell misses by 300 miles and 200 years, landing her in the Washington, D.C., of 2079, replete with flying limousines, hovering office buildings, virtual-reality television, and sundry other technological marvels.

In an effort to prevent the events that occur in “A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur’s Court” Morgan le Fay time travels forward to kill him before he can time travel backward. However she misses in time and space and winds up in Washington in the future. There is romance. There is political shenanigans, after all this is Washington. And there is baseball, after all this is America. Most of all there is lots and lots of fun. If you just like the premise then I assure you, you are going to really like this book.

Kim Iverson Headlee 1500x2237Author Biography

Kim Headlee lives on a farm in southwestern Virginia with her family, cats, goats, Great Pyrenees goat guards, and assorted wildlife. People and creatures come and go, but the cave and the 250-year-old house ruins—the latter having been occupied as recently as the mid-twentieth century—seem to be sticking around for a while yet.

Kim is a Seattle native and a direct descendent of twentieth-century Russian nobility. Her grandmother was a childhood friend of the doomed Grand Duchess Anastasia, and the romantic yet tragic story of how Lydia escaped Communist Russia with the aid of her American husband will most certainly one day fuel one of Kim’s novels. Another novel in the queue will involve her husband’s ancestor, the seventh-century proto-Viking king of the Swedish colony in Russia.

For the time being, however, Kim has plenty of work to do in creating her projected 8-book Arthurian series, The Dragon’s Dove Chronicles, and other novels under her imprint Pendragon Cove Press.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Book Tours & Blasts. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Profile Image for Jemima Pett.
Author 30 books328 followers
June 16, 2015
Queen Morgan is in the middle of some critical negotiations when she gets waylaid and moved forward in time to a mediaeval pageant. She quickly works out that this is false… in fact it’s being put on for her benefit to settle her in – she’s actually way in the future, about 2079, in fact. I was disappointed to discover that the power suit with high heels is still the armour of the successful businesswoman, but style and practicality aside, I love the developments of both technology and society that Queen Morgan aka Morgana encounters, and her rationalisation of them to parallels with her own universe. In fact, this rationalisation is so good, for us poor beings in the middle of UK Election fever, it leaves me positively in favour of Morgana’s solutions to all sorts of political nonsense. Vote Morgana – or at least, vote President Malory for life!

For someone allergic to baseball (and pretty much to all overpaid sports that are worshipped by people spending too much money for a pathetic seat in a stadium for the benefit of an already superrich owner) the emphasis on the sport and its game play could be tedious. Note the ‘could be’. I give Kim Iversen Headlee 5 stars for managing to write a baseball book I enjoyed, let alone the superb world-building, dry wit and sarcasm of the political shenanigans, and the heady combination of gangsterism, time travel, social insight, and historical fiction.
Profile Image for Teresa Kander.
Author 1 book180 followers
April 22, 2016
I'm a long time fan of Mark Twain, and A CONNECTICUT YANKEE IN KING ARTHUR'S COURT has always been one of my favorites, so I was excited at the chance to take part in this book's relaunch tour.

I have to admit to a guilty little secret: Morgan le Fay has always been one of my favorite characters in Arthurian legend, even though she has always been the "villian" of the tales. So it was definitely a drawing point to have her as the main character in this story, in the future of America. I was picturing her wreaking havoc everywhere she went!

The beginning of the book, with Morgan arriving at a Renaissance Fair ruled over by Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, was a load of fun. It was hilarious watching her realize they were acting and not an actual king and queen--and then to read about her reactions to life in 2079.

It doesn't take Morgan long to find a niche for herself in the future. She becomes involved in the presidential campaign, and then owner of a baseball franchise. As if that weren't enough, she may also be falling in love.

Finding out why Morgan was sent to the time she was, rather than the time where she expected to go, was a great part of the story. It all wrapped up in a very satisfactory manner.

**I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.**
Profile Image for Niki Driscoll.
895 reviews15 followers
April 2, 2015
I have to say this is not what I expected when I started to read this story. I must be a little slow as I did not pick up the reference to A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court and kept trying to figure out who the heck The Boss was. ( I have even watched and read that story) I found this to be quite an enjoyable read and I loved Morgan's reactions to the year 2079. The author gave us a glimpse at another side of the evil Morgan Le Fay and I really kind of liked her. This was a well conceived storyline with a time travel twist on the old tale of Aurthur and Morgana where Aurthur was not the leading role. When the 6th century meets the 21st century there is sure to be some trouble and I loved how Morgana still plays her magic as she always knows best. The only problem I had with the story was it was hard to read as it jumped from old speak to modern and did not flow as easy as I would have liked it too. However, if you take the time to really read and appreciate the difference you are rewarded with quite a remarkable reading experience.
Profile Image for Julianne Redmon.
267 reviews1 follower
April 1, 2015
I LOVED this "continuation" of Twain's classic tale. Although not the most popular of his novels by far, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court was always my favorite Twain story so I was truly excited to read how the author decided to let the story play out.

I must say that I was not disappointed at all! "Queen Morgan" was delightfully written. Headlee did wonders in turning a character that is typically portrayed as a conniving, power hungry virago into someone who is actually likable. The supporting characters in Sandy, Malory, and especially Clarice are amazing as well and all contribute to truly developing the softer yet tough-as-nails Morgan in this story.

The futuristic setting is also very well written. Close enough to our time with just enough advancements to make it believable. I also loved that baseball stayed the same but became a world-wide sport instead of just American.

Overall, I had a lot of fun reading this book.
564 reviews2 followers
April 20, 2016
This is the first time reading anything by this author and I was thoroughly enjoyed this great story. We find Queen Morgan racing through the battlefield , in a carriage ,and the king who is her brother in fighting and she rushes to his side to try and save him. with her herbs. As she tells them what to write, Morgan decides to tell a story as she casts a spell to travel back in time to kill Hank before he comes to their time when the king would be safe. What she encounters on her travels was deceit ,love lost love and she learns alot about herself. If you like reading about history and King Arthur when you will enjoy this amazing story. I could go on and tell you more about this great story but that would spoil it for you. I highly recommend you read this great story ,you won't be disappointed.
Profile Image for Kimi Court.
163 reviews9 followers
November 16, 2014
I love Time travel books, mostly read time going backwards, not forwards. So this was a pleasant surprise. Morgan and the baseball story line was a bonus, and you really feel what the characters go through. The story line is solid and you find yourself wanting to read more. I know in each book I read about travel the character is always trying to get back to the future, now I am dealing with this one wanting to go back to their time in the past. It is interesting and I think a new spin off of time travel. If you like medieval type characters and want to see how they would be in the future, this is the book. Really how do you think you would be? I say take the chance and read the book. You will like it.
Profile Image for LaGina.
1,937 reviews39 followers
April 26, 2016
So, lets just say that the title grabbed me. I liked reading about King Arthur thru Mark Twain's eyes. Hell, I like Twain period. Once I started reading this book it had me wondering if this might have been bits and pieces of some lost work from him because it felt like it had twang(see what I just did there..lol) of Twain's style. I kinda had a feeling that there was some time travel but I thought it might have been to Gen, Washington's time not Washington DC to 2079. I'm really not a big fan of baseball but as I read the story I got more into it. It gave me some sport, some laughs a little politics and most of all love. I'm glad I didnt stop reading it. If you didnt finish it ya might want to give it another try it wont disappoint.
Profile Image for Angelica Lichtner.
197 reviews1 follower
April 19, 2016
This book is a really great book. It is a continuing story from Mark Twains story about the famous king. I dont really know what to say about the book more than that I really enjoyed reading it. The story is well written and well presented. IT is easy to follow and from time to time very funny.

I like the style the book is written in, and how it is presented. I couldnt put the book down when I was reading it so my reading before bed turned out to be a whole nighter. Even if this book is different from other books I have read latley, it is still a really good read and the mix of things and the mix of feelings it gives me is awesome.

I can really recommend this book to others.
Profile Image for Maggie.
Author 27 books80 followers
April 18, 2016
The characters are very interesting to say the list and their personality traits really draw you into the story and they are very realistic. The plot is very well written. You’re hooked from the first word to the last! Overall King Arthur’s Sister in Washington’s Court is a very appealing read. I’d read it over and over again!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 49 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.