Start by marking “The Fever Code (The Maze Runner, #0.6)” as Want to Read:
The Fever Code (The Maze Runner, #0.6)

The Fever Code

(The Maze Runner 0.6)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  25,031 ratings  ·  2,803 reviews
Once there was a world’s end.

The forests burned, the lakes and rivers dried up, and the oceans swelled.

Then came a plague, and fever spread across the globe. Families died, violence reigned, and man killed man.

Next came WICKED, who were looking for an answer. And then they found the perfect boy.

The boy’s name was Thomas, and Thomas built a maze.

Now there are secrets.

There
Published September 27th 2016 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about The Fever Code, please sign up.
Julia You're right. I was hoping for another sequel to find out what happens to everyone after "The Death Cure." However, Dashner has the potential to make…moreYou're right. I was hoping for another sequel to find out what happens to everyone after "The Death Cure." However, Dashner has the potential to make this the best book of the series. I'm so excited!!! :)(less)
YA Novels of 2016
1,292 books — 9,682 voters
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. MaasLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Raven King by Maggie StiefvaterGlass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
Can't Wait Books of 2016
1,315 books — 6,926 voters

More lists with this book...

·  25,031 ratings  ·  2,803 reviews

Miranda Reads
Why, why, whyyyyyy do I keep torturing myself with these novels?

Deeeeeeep Breaths

This book added nothing of value to the entire series. Why? Cause we're able to piece together the entire plot from blatantly obvious foreshadowing (or would that be back-shadowing?) from the original trilogy.

Secret Government Agency to get rid of virus? Yup, figured that one out in the first book.

Maze is designed by children? Hinted at and later confirmed in book 2.

And on....and on.........and on............
Claudia B.
Sep 24, 2014 marked it as to-read
The one person that instantly came to my mind when I saw this book was Newt.

Imagine this: Multiple POVs. Newt's desperate thoughts. Physical pain + psychological pain. (and double it all because he's my favorite)

And me:

description

Kelly Brigid ♡
0.5) The Kill Order ★✰✰✰✰
1) The Maze Runner ★★★✰✰
2) The Scorch Trials ★★✰✰✰
3) The Death Cure ★✰✰✰✰
“You look bloody fantastic for three in the morning.”

“WICKED was never going to stop. They were never, never going to stop.” Apparently, neither was Dashner. I have a strange attachment to this series, despite disliking most aspects of it. The Maze Runner was one of the first young adult series I read, so it’s a shame I have such negative opinions towards it now. The story itself is intriguing,
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Um. I sat here forever trying to figure out what I want the stars to be. I will just go with the three star rating.

I LOVED reading about the group again and reading about how some of them were taken and their ages. Those WICKED people really are evil. I'm guessing they picked the right name.

I just can't believe the kids lived all of their years there and just ugh.

And that creepy guy coming down the hall, "Save Me, Save me" Well, I don't remember if that's exactly what he said but along those
Charlotte May
"And now he needed to say something smart, something profound, something that would bind them together and start the terrible journey."
"This sucks"

I thoroughly enjoyed this Maze Runner prequel! We get insight into Thomas and Teresa's lives as they grow up within WICKED and all the brain washing that comes with it . We get to meet all the characters from the original trilogy - all before they enter the maze.
It was really interesting to view things from this perspective, to watch the build up to
julieta
"Tell me that we’ll survive this,” he said when he could finally get the words out. “Tell me that we’ll get in there, and get our friends out.”
“We will survive,” she replied. She brought up her hands and held his face, looking into his eyes. “I promise.”

Yeah, I wish.

I was kinda hesitant to read this but it turned outt being very interesting. I wish I could remember more about the original trilogy though but it's been like four years or so and the movies have messed it all up. However, this book
Vivianne
Jun 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: z-3-stars, a-owned
This book was definitely the missing piece in this series, but I was left with more questions after reading this then going in. This book lacked the tension and twists the previous books had and it had some boring and weird chapters. It wasn’t renewing enough for a book that was supposed to have all the answered. I’m really disappointed. The three stars are for Thomas and the other Gladers, the prologue, for the amazing writing style James has and for the few answers I did get.

The Kill Order: 5
Yonaily
Sep 24, 2014 marked it as to-read
Hold one...
Wait a minute...
Am I wrong or does it say this book will be published in two years?
Is that a six?
I think I need new glasses.
Perhaps this is all a joke.
Yeah....there's no way I can wait till 2016 to read it.
Hell no!!
Jetzabel
Sep 27, 2014 marked it as to-read
OH MY GOD

JAMES YOU'RE THE BEST

P
Jul 21, 2016 marked it as anxiously-waiting
Running toward this book is like...

Give me.
Ricky
"They march on through the dust
Believe their leader, they can trust
In all the noise they lose the way...

-Kongos

Well. This is it. The Maze Runner prequel we've all been waiting for.

I should warn you, though...it wouldn't be a Dashner book without a few moments that make you go all...

The original trilogy, those helped define the end of my time in high school and the start of my community college years (Death Cure having come out about a month after I started there.) Then came The Kill Order, whic
Dannii Elle
First Read: September 2017, Rating: 4 Stars
Second Read: October 2018, Rating: 4 Stars

For an ardent dystopian fan such as myself, ‘The Maze Runner’ series is the gift that keeps on giving. Not only are there three books in the original trilogy, but two full-length prequel novels.

This takes place directly before the events that occur in The Maze Runner, yet should be read last, as per Dashner’s specific instructions. The book chronicles the conception of the WICKED organisation, as well as how Tho
Zainab
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-series
I cannot tell you just how much I needed this book. I loved it so friking much! I was left feeling all emotional after reading The Death Cure, this just brightened me all up. It was so cute that Newt, Minho, Thomas, Teresa, Chuck and Alby were friends before they got sent into the maze.
I'm actually mad at myself for finishing it in a day. This is one of those books that should be read slowly but I just could not help myself.
Angel Koychev
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
wow... that was definitely worth it. I was afraid it was going to be too short...I was afraid it was going to be repetitive..well it was everything but! I sincerely hope there will be another chapter!
Rachel'sbookishworld
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well that was heart wrenching. Seeing my babies as babies basically killed me. ALSO, that ending changes EVERYTHING. I'm pretty sure I just stared at the book dumbfounded for a few minutes. Oh, and another thing. Chuck is my favorite. (Don't tell Brenda, she's my second favorite)
Andrea

IT'S - SO - AMAZING!

Dashner, i love you.
Ryan Buckby
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
WICKED was never going to stop. They were never never going to stop

i feel like this book was the missing piece in this story but it still left me with so many questions that i need answered. I've been waiting for another prequel like this that answered my questions from the trilogy and i wasn't disappointed of course.

I loved the multiple POV's in the book from all of my favourite characters especially Minho and Chuck and i was happy to also see all the other characters from the trilogy come b
Irene△⃒⃘➰
4.8/5

"Our plan is for this to be the command center for what we're calling the Maze Trials, as advance a facility as any research institution has ever had."

SO MUCH IS EXPLAINED!
I LOVED this book, finally the old group is back and this is where and when everything started.
We meet our characters in here since their very beginning and very first interactions with WICKED.
It was so informative, we discover everything that is related to the main purpose of why these mazes were created and we go trou
Vanessa
Two years ago, I read the whole Maze Runner trilogy in a month. I'm serious. I bought the three books all together and read them literally non-stop. I clearly liked it but I've never been fully enamoured of it. Then, I read The Kill Order, the first prequel, some months later and I didn't appreciate it as much as I did with the trilogy. I still think it's the worst in the series and my enthusiasm somehow diminished. Then the movie versions came out and my opinions started to differ. Sometimes I ...more
Kenchiin
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
It really saddens me that the only book worth my time after the first one was the fifth entry in the series. As prequel to The Maze Runner, it gives a great insight of how the maze was built and some of the motivations the main characters follow.
Nicole Alycia
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I started this and found out it was going to be about Thomas and Teresa I was really nervous. I loved The Maze Runner, I thought The Scorch Trials was quite good, but I was so disappointed by The Death Cure ....
This was such a turn around from the last book and I am so happy to say it exceeded all my expectations!
I enjoyed watching Thomas and Teresa grow up and develop in WICKED headquarters. You can see their character development so much better! As a result, I still hate Teresa!! Ugh she
kelsey
May 10, 2015 marked it as to-read
The only thing I want... NEWT
Kristy Mauna
James Dashner has done it again! Another book to add to my beloved series!

Thomas looked up at his group of friends, then looked at Chuck.
"A man once gave us a message that we'll never forget," he said. "'WICKED is good.' I think our lives might have a lot more purpose than we could ever know. I think we need to remember to look at the big picture."

- I'm really happy that this book was released after I read the whole series because I don't think I would have enjoyed the many plot twists if I read
✧Hessa✧
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I demand a sequel to this prequel !!
Before I even started reading this book I already know how emotionally it will be but boi It was definitely more than that …and Newt first chapter oh my god I don’t know what my feelings are doing !!
Honestly this prequel change a lot of things ! I’ll never read the maze runner the same way I did !!
I really liked when Thomas and the gladers started their friendship especially newt and minho they were awesome I only wished we could learn more about them.
Honestl
Jacquie Craven
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not quite as horrendous as The Death Cure, but far from the greatness of The Maze Runner. For a book that is meant to answer all of your questions, it spends a decent 200 pages talking about absolutely nothing.
Even the writing style was weird - everything was repeated and described in excruciating and unnecessary detail. It's as if Dashner needed to reach a certain word limit before submitting his draft - everything was repeated and most of the storyline was just pointless. A big disappointment
Clownlab
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookshelf
I started this book with the intention of pacing out my reading of it. Then I started reading it. Three days later, I'm finished.

I started out loving this book. Newt's prologue at the beginning was heartbreaking and emotional: a great way to start. As the book went on, I was happy to see some of the same humor and character personalities that made me love the Maze Runner, Scorch Trials, and Death Cure.

Once I got to the last fourth of the book, I was enjoying it still but rather disappointed th
Kelsey
Sep 26, 2014 marked it as must-reads
I'M SO EXCITED YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. THIS IS MY FAVORITE SERIES EVER AND IF YOU MUST KNOW I AM CURRENTLY SCREAMING AND SMILING UNCONTROLLABLY OF HAPPINESS. BUT 2016??!??!??!?!!! I CANT WAIT THAT LONG

Julie
Oct 22, 2014 marked it as to-read
Another prequel?!? And we finally get to find out more about 'The Purge'.

description
Stephanie
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-challenge
So this was the other missing piece to complete the puzzle from the main trilogy of the maze runner.

Fever Code tells the story about the origin of WICKED. The story of Thomas, Teresa, Newt, Minho, Alby, Chuck and more in the WICKED center. How they meet each other before send into the maze. I like the story about little Thomas. He is so cute, smart and ‘special’. They been told that they had been took to that place for good, out from the messy world, the crank and the virus. Although sometimes t
Chris Evans
Jan 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
For the love of god don't read this. I know anyone even considering reading this book must be a die hard fan of the series, but please seek immediate help, these books will make you dumber.

A SCIENCE FICTION WRITER SHOULD HAVE SOME VAGUE UNDERSTANDING OF SCIENCE.

Then again, he's human and he clearly has no idea how normal humans behave, so expecting him to have a grasp of science is expecting way too much.

Does he not know how diseases work? Does he not know how the brain works? MAYBE he's going t
The truth about Teresa 136 617 Mar 28, 2019 11:13AM
Arguments both for Teresa being a traitor or not. 2 24 Aug 23, 2018 11:38PM
UCAS English 10 H...: January Reading Assignment 1 4 Jan 15, 2018 09:39AM
Goodreads Librari...: Multiple Books Edit 3 19 Jan 01, 2018 10:16AM

• Other Worlds
  • Love Is A Choice (Across the Universe, #0.6)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Testing Guide (The Testing, #0.5)
  • London Eye (Toxic City, #1)
  • Legacies Reborn (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files #13)
  • Vanguard (Razorland, #4)
  • UnBound (Unwind, #4.5)
  • Broken Crowns (The Internment Chronicles, #3)
  • Uglies: Cutters (Uglies: Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Raid (The Eden Trilogy, #0.6)
  • Lucidity (The Raven Chronicles, #2)
  • Rebellion (The Elysium Chronicles, #3)
  • Extinction Game (The Apocalypse Duology, #1)
  • Plagued: The Ironville Zombie Quarantine Retraction Experiment (Plagued, #3)
  • The Book of Shhh
  • The Forgotten (The Lux Guardians, #1)
  • Worlds Apart (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #14)
James is the author of THE MAZE RUNNER trilogy and THE 13TH REALITY series. He also published a series (beginning with A DOOR IN THE WOODS) with a small publisher several years ago. He lives and writes in the Rocky Mountains.

The Maze Runner (3 books)
  • The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1)
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3)
“What's up, Tommy?" Newt exclaimed, his face filled with genuine happiness at the pleasant surprise that'd been sprung on them. Thomas couldn't remember exactly how long it'd been since the last time he'd seen Newt. "You look bloody fantastic for three in the morning.” 40 likes
“Someday we'll be bigger.” 33 likes