Start by marking “Ruby Tuesday (Wild Irish, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ruby Tuesday (Wild Irish, #2)

Ruby Tuesday

(Wild Irish #2)

Wild Irish, Book Two

Tuesday's child is full of grace...

Sky Mitchell is hiding out in Baltimore, seeking peace and solitude while he struggles with a career decision. Lead singer of popular rock group The Universe, he’s thinking of going it alone. Wandering into an Irish pub, he’s ecstatic to discover the breakout single for his solo album—but the songwriter doesn’t want to
Published September 1st 2014 by Carried Away Publishing (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ruby Tuesday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruby Tuesday

Jen
Review to come.
Just a brief update to let everyone know I'm safe but the wildfires in British Columbia still are burning fierce and thousands of people are evacuated from their homes. My dad is still out of his house and unfortunately last week he had two seizures where he was unresponsive with an hour of each other. I had to call an ambulance and he's been in hospital ever since. They are trying to find out what is wrong. Needless to say I haven't been able to read much; nor catch up with all o
Karla
Excellent! A complete story in a sweet little package. Opposites attract when the rocker, Sky, meets the folk-singer, Teagan, but they are so perfect together. Fantastic funny dialogue, a sweet passionate romance, a delightful Irish family, and even a tiny bit of suspense, all in this charming novella. One more sister and four brothers to go, what a way to countdown the week! I'm waiting on Wednesday.

Just a side-note, the first book had more of a BDSM theme, whereas this one had one scene with
Kim O
Apr 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved how the author paired a rock star and a folk singer for this 2nd installment to the Wild Irish series. And I enjoyed it as much as the first, but for different reasons. The first book in the series has a BDSM tone with a very intense Alpha Hero. However, the hero in this book being a rock star who does not fit the typical mold intrigued me. He's not into drugs or alcohol, and realizes after spending time with Teagan that he wants a real relationship instead of bouncing from bed to bed. S ...more
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 3.25

This was a good read. This was better than the first book in my opinion. It was a quick and romantic. I thought the story was good, but I thought it could be better. I think the real issue I had with this book is the heroine. She was okay. I did not love her, nor did I dislike her. She was just really hard to identify with. It is not the type of heroine that I usually like. The writing style was not that good. The dialogue was over the top at times. It was boring at times, but
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Miss Kim
This is Sky and Teagan's storey. I have to say I don't like their names, and I kept getting mixed up on who was the male when they were talking.

Controlling virgin meets oversexed Rock Star.

BTW Sky is the man. :p
Nicole
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this one, quick read. Good characters.

I liked teagan and sky. They were a good couple. Light on drama. I can’t stand romance books that are full of drama. They drive me nuts and ruin the actual romance. Teagan is a songwriter and Sky is in a band, match made in heaven...Almost a typical virgin girl meets bad boy player. Not quite as extreme as others. It wasn’t a bad book. It was enjoyable.
Adele
Meh.
Candice
3.5 Stars

I just have to say how much I love Teagan and her spirit, old roots, etc. I am a hippie at heart and a folk music fanatic, so instantly I connected with her. Now, that's not to say I think she was dumb at times.

To be honest, I have no idea why people can't say no and actually mean it. Then you have the guys pressuring, tricking their minds, pushing a little bit further closer to the boundary. It's not fair. She says no and you should respect that, not push her no into a yes.

Sky really
Cindy ~
Oct 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Teagan Collins is happy just writing and singing her folk songs in her family's bar. She teaches music to children and volunteers with the elderly. Sky Mitchell is the lead singer of popular rock group The Universe and has come to Baltimore and is hiding out in the Collins bar to take time to start writing his own songs and start a solo career. After Teagan loses a bet to Sky she agrees to help him write all his new songs for his solo album. Since the paparazzi have found him, Teagan's family su ...more
Clarie Giselle Mercado
Jun 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
A plot replaced by sex

The story had premise but it fell flat when the author essentially made it seem like Teagan and Sky were two insatiable teenagers. It was short story that I had no interest in finishing.
MountainKat
Well, that one worked for me! I really liked Teagan and Sky, their romance was both sweet and hot. I loved that they both respected each other and they didn't push each other into things the other didn't want. This was a quick read, but it didn't feel that way. It was nice that time elapsed and the relationship didn't develop literally over night.
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
Definitely loved this book!
K B
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars
I purchased Wild Irish Series books 1-4 by Mari Carr and this review was given freely.
With titles centering around the days of the week and beginning with Monday, { Sunday was the mother who passed away} each book features one of the fun loving, close knit, protective and at times boisterous Irish American Pub-Restaurant owning Collins family members. The series feature the seven siblings from oldest to youngest and contains some wonderful family excerpts, a little suspense, a fair amoun
Amber Daulton
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the second book in the Wild Irish series, Teagan Collins is the singer and songwriter of the family, and she loves performing at her family-owned pub. Though she knows a world famous rock star is in the house, she doesn’t listen to his music and performs her set without a care. That is, until said rock star offers to buy her latest song and challenges her to a contest.
Sky Mitchell has lived and breathed music for years with his band The Universe, but wants to break out into a solo career. He
Whispers From
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short but oh so good

Teagan is a singer and songwriter but she just performs in her family’s pub, the nursing home, and teaches music to preschoolers. Sky is the lead singer of a band. He is hiding out in Baltimore to write songs for his upcoming solo album. He hears Teagan singing a song she wrote and offers to buy it from her. She refuses to sell and he places a bet, they will have a singing competition and if Sky loses he donates the money he makes at the concert in town to the nursing home. I
Michelle
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Teagan has loved working in her family's Irish pub, playing her music when she can. She's happy with how her life is going and isn't looking to make any changes, especially any big changes. When the lead singer of a world famous rock band wanders into the family pub he's enchanted by Teagan and wants her to help him write his first solo album. Becoming famous has never been a goal of Teagan's but after a lost bet, helping Skye is no longer a choice. As they work closely together they discover no ...more
Diana Reeves
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terrific story!!

Teagan Collins dreams of someday singing for a living. She’s a songwriter who sings at her family’s Irish Pub and only dreams of singing her songs for others.

Sky Mitchell is in a popular band called “Universe”, more a heavy metal type band but Sky needs a break. He shows up at a local small Irish Pub and listening to Teagan sing has had his writing block disappear and his artistic side kick in. He’s a little shocked at her gypsy attire but he’s attracted to what’s underneath.

Te
Robin
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMGee! I love book 2 in the "Wild Irish" series! It's my favorite so far. Okay, so I have only read books one and two, but it's still my favorite.
I love Ruby. She is a very kind and giving person who thinks of others before herself. She is also a homebody, who loves her family and is a little uncomfortable with change. I relate a lot with Ruby.
Although, I can't sing or play and instrument. Ruby has a chance encounter with a famous rock star and her life changes in a big way. She manages just fi
Holly
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this even more than the first book! I really loved Teagan and Sky and the romance they start after Sky wins a singing competition to get Teagan to write songs with him. It was light on drama, which I appreciated (though I definitely didn't expect A Certain Direction it took near the end there. haha), but it was full of sexiness and the Collins family. Because it's a bit older, it doesn't always read well (aka sometimes the subtle, quiet girl hate is there that's run so rampant in romance ...more
Katherine
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving what you do and doing what you love can be two different things and sometimes it takes just one encounter to prove that the life we are currently living may need a a kick in the bum to up the level of enjoyment.

Just coz your known the world over doesn't mean you know yourself

Having dreams doesn't me a leaving your family behind.

A beautiful story about how know what you want is one thing going after it is so much harder.
Susanne
2 stars

I loved book #1 and book #4 but this one was not for me. The plot was kind of silly but my main obstacle was the virgin heroine. I reject the idea that virginity is only defined as "refrain from traditional intercourse". To me, that is very heteronormative, and also a very narrow view on sex and sexuality. However, if you do not share my view on this matter, and love rock stars, this may very well be the book for you.
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the book but I have a hard time understanding why the word cunt needs to be used. To my mind it takes the specialness out of the sex and turns it into something less than special. There are twists and turns and a bit of a suspense to the tale as well. The style of writing is good and the storyline he's quite interesting. It's a quick read, but with the happy ending.
Randa
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This would be a lovely book if the Love Interest (Sky Mitchell, Rock Star) didn’t call the Protagonist (Teagan Collins, songwriter & performer at Pat’s Pub) G*psy all the damn time. This was published in 2014 - the author should damn well know better. There’s no excuse for this at all.

Thankfully, this is an ebook. That means the book can be edited & updates, eliminating the slur entirely. Why not use the nickname her father uses for her? Ruby is a lovely nickname.

Using slurs is Not. Oka
Diane
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Naughty and nice

Really enjoy this series by this author and although I’ve read slightly out of sequence she never disappoints. This family are just so full of the Irish with love and protection. This book revolves around the musical hippy if the family and her encounter with a rock star. Read it because you will thoroughly enjoy it.
Laura R
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story about the rock star Sky Mitchell and folk singer Teagan Collins. This is the second story in the series of the Irish family. Both of these characters were likeable, there was great humor in the book, some suspense, and some spanking. I'm looking forward to reading the stories of the rest of the family members.
Wendell Hennan
Teagan is a 26 yr old virgin, dressed like a hippy and singing in her family's Irish Pub. Sky, lead singer from The Universe finds his way into their bar and competes with Teagan and in the process learns that she is a talented writer. They agree to write songs for his next album, but are hounded by paparazzi. Their collaboration grows into something more. Cute little story.
Kerry H
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this one down!

This book rocked! Pun intended. A relatively realistic plot, witty and intelligent dialog, a cast of characters that you fall in love with and melt your mind passion between Teagan and Sky. I couldn't put this one down!
Little Red
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An easy read with a bit of suspense and a lot of romance and some steamy writing. I enjoyed the story. I liked Teagan although found some of the steamier moments a little improbable. I would still rate it with 5 stars though.
Rina Smith
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A rocker who is in hiding and a crazy free spirit who is exceptionally talented and a crazy overprotective family. This series has some of the best characters that provide plenty of laugh out loud moments. Love the story for these two.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Finding the Right One (Mansell Brothers #2)
  • Closing the Deal (Wicked Warrens, #2)
  • Driven (Cougar Challenge, #9)
  • Rude Awakening
  • Lessons in Indiscretion (The Merry Widows, #1)
  • Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam, #2)
  • Dagger's Edge (SEALs On Fire #2)
  • Running Bare (Bare Love, #5)
  • Magnolia Summer
  • Sudden Desire
  • Wild Burn (Wild State, #1)
  • The Devil You Know (The Devil DeVere #3)
  • We'll Be Home for Christmas (Holloway, #3)
  • Vance's Rules (Blackwater, #2)
  • A Little Harmless Pleasure (Harmless, #2)
  • Afterlife (Knights of the Board Room, #4)
  • Jillian's Job
  • Kiss Before Dying
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list and on her thirty-fourth birthday, she set out to see that goal achieved. Too many years later, her computer is jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends and she has nearly eighty published works.

A Virginia native, Mari Carr is a New York Times and USA TODAY bestseller of contemporary erotic romance novels. With

Wild Irish (8 books)
  • Come Monday (Wild Irish #1)
  • Waiting for Wednesday (Wild Irish #3)
  • Sweet Thursday (Wild Irish #4)
  • Friday I'm in Love (Wild Irish #5)
  • Saturday Night Special (Wild Irish #6)
  • Any Given Sunday (Wild Irish, #7)
  • Wild Irish Christmas (Wild Irish #8)