Start by marking “Rescued by the Celtic Warrior (Roman Love: Pict Desire #1)” as Want to Read:
Rescued by the Celtic Warrior (Roman Love: Pict Desire #1)

Rescued by the Celtic Warrior

(Roman Love: Pict Desire #1)

After arriving in Roman Britannia, Valeria is captured by savages. She prays the Romans will find her—but it’s Taran, a Pict warrior, who comes to Valeria’s rescue and ignites an unquenchable flame of passion that fills her soul.

Highborn and privileged, Valeria has never known life outside her father’s Roman fortress. But when Hadrian’s Wall falls, Valeria’s world shatter
Published October 2nd 2014 by Turquoise Morning Press

To ask other readers questions about Rescued by the Celtic Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescued by the Celtic Warrior

Start your review of Rescued by the Celtic Warrior (Roman Love: Pict Desire #1)
Romance_reader
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Pleasant romance read featuring a Pict warrior and a Roman maiden. This was fast paced and interesting; but very low on angst. The H and the h fall blissfully in love from almost the first moment they lay their eyes on each other. After that, various unscrupulous characters and circumstances threaten to tear them apart till they are finally united without further ado (there's no OW or OM /no OTT displays of anger/ no forced seduction/ not even a well timed misunderstanding that forces a lover's ...more
Anne
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amy Jarecki has become one of my very favourite authors. Her story telling is fantastic and her characters so strong and vivid. I didn't want to put this book down for one minute! This story with a Pict warrior and a Roman aristocrat was spellbinding. I highly recommend this wonderful story.
Julia's Book Haven
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 Stars* Really surprised and happy with how much I liked this one. Historical's are really hit and miss for me so its hard to finds ones I actually like. Definitely going to check out more books from this author! ...more
Gerbera_Reads
Overall I enjoyed reading this novel, but I think the author missed some opportunities here to make it truly great. It started very promising: Roman lady Valeria travels to meet her father and maybe get herself a husband. She meets her captive Pict warrior and steps in to help him. That shows she has spine and courage which she does display throughout the novel. The abovementioned Pict warrior Taran is immediately smitten and feels beholden to Valeria, so that's how their journey starts.

The aut
Maria
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I read where this was this author's first manuscript and I can tell you I was shocked how good this story was. These characters are so likeable...you become vested in them from the very beginning.

Taran, is a Pict Warrior....but also a Prince. He has been captured by the Romans and is incarcerated and set to be executed. He needs to return to the Pict lands, for the King is ill.

Valeria is a Roman noblewoman, who is also the daughter of the Commander/Roman General of the garrison which holds
Leone (She Reads too Much Romance)
Jarecki possess this magic of sweeping readers off their feet with her enchanting, untamed tales. I am anything except immune as each time I read a story penned by her I fall more and more in love with both the character and the plots.

This isn't my all-time favorite read that the author has penned as it was a little too fast paced for me, but that doesn't mean that I didn't love this story, because I did. I think it is too impossible not to be consumed by Jarecki’s books. Forget Outlander, Jarec
KeebNtxawn
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Five star!

Love all the characters...both the two main characters are strong and they know what they want in life. hoping that the author will write about his best friend next...I would love to read about him....I think he should have a interesting story also.
Coco.V
Feb 01, 2021 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/1/2021)! 🎁
Melissa
Valeria, a daughter of Rome, arrives in Roman Britannia and is immediately enraptured with the captive Pict Taran. He is just as taken by her. When Valeria is taken by the cannibal tribe of the Attacotti, Taran comes to her rescue and brings her to his home of Dunpelder. But life has much more in store for Valeria and Taran. They have to overcome many hard obstacles in order to be together. Romans, Picts, Attacotti, Saxons, wolfs attacks, kidnappings, traitors, banishment, and much more. A very ...more
TJ
4.5/5.0

There just isn't much NOT to love about this story! It's a superbly written tale that is unique in its setting during the time of the Romans and Picts. And, beautiful in the romance between a Pict King and a Roman princess whose countries are worlds apart and at war. Of course, some may say it's a little too predictable but for a wonderful escape after a long day, it's the perfect remedy!
Tammy Nitschke Sokol
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved it!!!

Oh to see the early years of the Alpin tribe of Scottish Pict warriors, and along Hadrians wall!! In this book you get sword fighting, adventure, action revenge, treachery, despair, depression, hunting, and that's just the Roman born heroine on her quest to reunite with her Pict king. Very well worth reading!! I simply could not put it down, and stayed awake all night!!
Aurrora James
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Taran and Valeria were such great characters. I loved how Taran patiently helped Valeria see through all of her preconceived Roman notions to see who the true barbarians were. And the lengths they would go through to be together. This was the first book I've read by this author and I will definitely read more. ...more
Vivian
Jan 08, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I just did not care for this story, did not finish.
Georgina Parkin
Jun 25, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Ann Gonzalez
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Give it a chance

At first I wasn't so sure about this book. Amy Jarecki is a talented author and once again delivered an incredible tale. The characters were well-written and interesting. The book was a little slow at times, but fast paced at others. Book two will definitely be on my TBR pile.
Debbie Allen
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have loved all Amy’s stories. He’ll I just sat on my own ‘throne’ for an hour to finish this one. I was going good till a little spelling error. Most likely speech to text but instead of peace it was piece.
Kimberly
Mar 04, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Meh
Makoto Kobayashi
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
It was ok, but nothing really to remember. I finished it yesterday and half of the story is already gone.
Lanah
Jul 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enda-abis, 2x19-dnf
Nicole Laverdure
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Captivating Celtic fiction! 4.5 stars
Amy Jarecki, didn't disappoint me with her latest release RESCUED BY THE CELTIC WARRIOR! It's a beautiful piece of fiction of Taran, a Pict warrior and Valeria, a Roman noblewoman. As soon as she sets eyes on him, sparks flare to ignite a passion. She is captured by savages and Taran will come to her rescue. Just follow their journey with twists and turns! Ms. Jarecki is very talented writer and a fine storyteller. I really enjoyed this story and looking forw
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Over the top at times but hey that is why this book is labeled historical fiction / romance vs. history book. That being said this story is consistent with the authors other works and is well paced. A good story worth the read and a good escape. Look forward to her future works.
sivan
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sharon
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spoiler free

This was absolutely terrific!
It was smart, adventurous, intelligent and romantic.

Well done!
I look forward to reading more of this authors work.
Hafiza
Heroine is a giggling nitwit
L Bongiorno
It was a good enjoyable read. I would have liked an epilogue showing me a little of what happens after the wedding.
Janice C
Jan 17, 2021
Stuart G. Evans
Sep 09, 2018
Charles
rated it did not like it
Mar 17, 2020
Sandy
Sep 09, 2020
Jami
Aug 07, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• When a Highlander Weds a Hellion (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts Book 8)
  • When a Scot Gives His Heart (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts Book 7)
  • When a Warrior Woos a Lass (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts Book 6)
  • Highlander's Desire (Called by a Highlander, #5)
  • Heart's Thief (Highland Bodyguards #2)
  • His Lass to Protect (Highland Bodyguards, Book 9)
  • Taming a Highland Stallion (Beasts Of The Highlands #8)
  • The Laird's Yuletide Bride (Highland Bodyguards, Book 9.5)
  • Deceiving the Highlander (Highland Bodyguards, Book 10)
  • Highlander's Return (Sinclair Brothers Trilogy #2.5)
  • The Lady's Protector (Highland Bodyguards #1)
  • How a Scot Surrenders to a Lady (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts #5)
  • Highlander's Reckoning (Sinclair Brothers Trilogy, #3)
  • Surrender to the Scot (Highland Bodyguards #7)
  • A Warrior's Pledge (Highland Bodyguards #3)
  • Her Wild Highlander (Highland Bodyguards #8)
  • Claimed by the Bounty Hunter (Highland Bodyguards #4)
  • Highlander's Ransom (Sinclair Brothers Trilogy, #1)
Award winning and bestselling author, Amy Jarecki likes to grab life, latch on, and reach for the stars. She’s married to a mountain-biking pharmacist and has put four kids through college. She studies karate, ballet, yoga, and often you’ll find her hiking Utah’s Santa Clara Hills. Reinventing herself a number of times, Amy sang and danced with the Follies, was a ballet dancer, a plant manager, an ...more

Roman Love: Pict Desire (2 books)
  • Celtic Maid (Roman Love: Pict Desire #2)

News & Interviews