Start by marking “The Headmaster” as Want to Read:
The Headmaster

The Headmaster

At the remote Marshall School, Gwen Ashby stumbles upon the job—and the man—of her dreams. Stern, enigmatic Edwin Yorke simmers with a heat Gwen longs to unleash. But Edwin knows all too well that forbidden love can end in tragedy….
Published October 6th 2014 by Harlequin e-Shivers

To ask other readers questions about The Headmaster, please sign up.

Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 5++ "for Edwin, the boys and the love of teaching" STARS **

How is it possible to have such well-developed characters and a perfect mystery woven beneath the lines, with just the right amount of steamy erotic moments and playful banter between characters in JUST 125 PAGES ?

I am completely awestruck by this book.

A very well-written, unique and hauntingly Gothic story, with the enough amount of detailed descriptions of atmosphere and characters and beautiful references to some of the best li
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
"4.5 tea stars"
description

TR did it again!!!! apparently she can write any genre and excel in it, this woman has a way with surprising her readers with her 'WTF ending' because this was a complete unexpected unpredictable shocking ending for such a short story and I loved it!!

Gwen Ashby left behind her old life in Georgia after her long term boyfriend dumps her to teach in a village school in Africa, with no family and friends, she packs ups everything she owns (which is nothing much) and leaves to Chicago
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!!

Yup.....that's all you're getting from me!

That was some damn good story-telling!!
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
5 Sexy Headmaster Stars

A romance in fantasy land except it’s no real fantasy…

description

This book contains romance, funny dialogues, a handsome headmaster, cute boys who are geniuses by the way and suspense…description

It was only a matter of time before her little angels showed their devilish side.

I loved the writing, the dialogues which were funny and entertaining. I Love Edwin… he is so sexy/handsome/some Mr Darcy *Le sigh* and Gwen is perfect for her.

When he was glaring, he looked very handsome. When he wasn’t
Brandi
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

The Headmaster was an entertaining story, with eerie undertones - perfect for this time of year. I enjoyed the characters and the banter was great. Tiffany never lets me down :)

description

And, I adored her dedication, but perhaps I'm partial ;)

Dedicated to beautiful magical North Carolina and the beautiful magical people who live there.

Pam
5 don't wake me up if I'm dreaming stars
If he was a king and the students his knights, surely he could use a lady in his court.

What can I say, I loved The Headmaster, it had a little bit of everything; intrigue, mystery, passion, sass, class and laughs. Tiffany
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.5 Crazy Ass Stars!

photo 58FFDA91-FCD4-474B-836D-1519C755B6EC_zps0fxalnho.gif

No? Well, ladies and gentlemen, The Headmaster will be your first. It will seriously rock your world!

photo CC951894-3712-4E16-A9B9-A29EBC8FFAB4_zpsnnihvkfd.jpg

Gwendolyn Ashby, on a road trip to Chicago to find work as a teacher, stumbles upon Marshall School, an old all-boys academy. Deeply seated in the woods, looking like a historical French chateau, she's mesmerized. Swerving to avoid a deer, she crashes her car into one of the school buildings. She wakes to find herself ensconced within the living quarters of the headmaster.
Mo
Oct 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Well, that was all a bit underwhelming. Not sure what I was expecting. I have the Sinners series by TR and loved all the books. I had an inkling of what was going on. A nice enough read but not enough to blow me away.

Reviews are short and sweet as I am away from home.
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it

*3.75 ~ 4 Stars*

”You’ll stay, won’t you? No matter what happens? You’ll stay here with me?”

description

Tiffany Reisz delivers an exciting short story with a twist or two that will get a reader into the Halloween season. Gwendolyn Ashby hears about a job opening at an all boys school called the Marshal School in a diner on her way to Chicago.

”She was twenty-five years old, newly single, without a job, both parents were dead and gone, and everything she owned could fit inside a Toyota Camry. So why not go
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

Gwen stumbles across a teaching job at a secluded school. She meets the headmaster, Edwin. But what is he hiding?

I really enjoyed the banter between these two. I was laughing my ass off half the time. I didnt give 5 stars because I had my suspicions and I was speed reading towards the end in hopes it would prove me wrong.

Still very much enjoyed it and for such a short book it didn't feel rushed, great characters, great sexy time, bit spooky. Worth the read! P.S. I defo will need to give
Stacia (the 2010 club)
#@%#$&@#!!!

That's code for : I would say more but it would all be a spoiler.

Not that I don't think you all will figure out what the spoiler is pretty early into the story. It wasn't hard to figure out.

But...I won't do it.

This is the perfect (shorter) romance story for Halloween. It has just enough of a spooky element to qualify as paranormal, but not enough to turn off contemporary romance readers. The story itself reads like a contemporary with a slight twist.

I could/should throw out
Elle
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5* SHIVERS STARS!!

I read anything from Tiffany Reisz. End of. The Headmaster has different aura but still the same writing. I never expect that Ms. Reisz could pull this off brilliantly. With Gothic theme and mysterious aura, the story managed to grip me until the end.

Gwen Ashby is undergraduate student who leave her town to Chicago for a job vacancy. In her trip, she has an accident. She awakes in Marshal Academy who treated her nicely. It's all boy school and Gwen is the only woman in there.
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

description

Wow! Just wow! This was such a great story. I don’t know why I waited so long to read it!??Gahh!

From the start the story is captivating, mysterious somehow and I couldn’t put it down.
The story is very well written and I really enjoyed it, even if from some point I figured out what’s going on. Yes, it was predictable, but I didn’t care. It was too good!

Both Edwin and Gwen are likeable characters and the storyline was so great. I also enjoyed the witty dialogue and the banters between Ed
Lucia
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read
The Headmaster was my first experience with Tiffany Reisz's writing and I have to admit that I wasn't impressed very much.

Steamy parts were plain, reserved and most importantly didn't make me feel anything (which is a pitty considering that this is shelved as erotica). I am sad to admit that I was bored while reading this story. I saw hero as some weird caricatural version of Mr. Darcy instead of charming gentleman that author was probably aiming for.

However, it all "clicked" in the last (quite
Lo Bookfrantic
Well.....shittt...I was not expecting that ending ...damn I really like it haha

description

In anticipation for our SHH chat tomorrow I'll be Buddy reading this with shhlut Mer!

🎉 The new #ShhSPOTlightOn 💬 is kicking off with best-selling author #TiffanyReisz from Sep 14! Don't miss 36 hrs of one-on-one interaction with your fave author! See you there!

Join Shh...: https://goo.gl/r8UoEQ
Chat thread: https://goo.gl/2Frgk3
RSVP: https://goo.gl/A9KQ2Q
Calendar: https://goo.gl/esyUAD

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
description

“Hope and perseverance—that’s what I learned from books.”

G&J: Perfection….Absolute shiver inducing PERFECTION. Tiffany Reisz surpasses every expectation yet again with her sublime writing which literally grabs you and drops you right into the thick of it. You feel everything as every single one of your senses is awakened and assaulted, but in the most brilliant of ways. The undeniable talent this Author possesses is quite simply mind-blowing. The eerie atmosphere; the scent, the touch and
Gothic fiction you can devour in one sitting...preferably on a dark, rainy night. It's mysterious, sexy, and contains the ambiance of fifteenth century France. Trust me, it works. The characters are strong and they might surprise you by the end, both having made choices I didn't expect. A lovely story with both substance and steam. The Headmaster is a Tiffany Reisz winner. Check it out.

My favorite quote:
"...my grandparents accused me of hiding in my books. But I wasn’t hiding, I was healing. Tho
-ya
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to -ya by: Amanda (.---.--.-...-)
Why 5-stars?
This novella is so well written. It is captivating, adorable and a little scary.

In only 125 kindle pages, the novella is packed with well-developed characters, mystery, banter and steam. Not an easy task!

The twist? I have read some books with shocking twists that made no sense and actually destroyed my reading experience. This novella has the kind of twist that may not be a surprise, but ties the events together in a pretty cool way.

The LCs? Both are likable. Love at the first sight
Maida
*4.75/5 stars*

Wow. This book is... WOW. I loved every moment of it. I was completely enthralled by the amount of detail that went into the writing of this novel— the diverse cast of characters, the artistic & architectural details... but most of all, the numerous & in depth references to literature. Ivanhoe, Great Expectations, Jane Eyre, A Midsummer's Night Dream.... Each of these revered pieces of classical literature were so intricately & astutely woven into the plot.

The Headmast
Brenna
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Somehow in the span of 125 pages, Tiffany Reisz managed to make me fall in love with two completely new characters in this smart, sexy, funny, mysterious little story.

Gwen Ashby ends up at the Marshal School for boys by chance, looking for a teaching job. When she lays eyes on Edwin Yorke the incredibly handsome Headmaster, she knows she needs to do whatever she can to land the job and possibly the Headmaster too.
Her attraction to Headmaster Yorke had been instantaneous, overwhelming and irrep
Kim Bailey
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This story is well written. The characters are intricate & colorful. I figured out the twist ver early on and was disappointed that there wasn't a bit more too it. But overall, very nice story.
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
4.5 Stars
Beatrix
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
What at first glance seemed like a Jane Eyre retelling, proved to be so much more!
Well done, Ms. Reisz, you’ve managed to surprise me.

Now, my comparison with Jane Eyre is never a bad thing since I’m a huge Brontës fan and The Headmaster really had plenty of similarities: the young woman, who’s an orphan comes to work as a teacher (governess) for this older gentleman. Even The Bride who roams the school is reminiscent of the Mad Woman in the Attic.

But that’s just superficially what this story is
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Meags, I want to blame you but you are entirely blameless since I am a STALKER and pulled this from your shelf.

The Headmaster put me through the wringer. I felt the full gamut of emotions. Confusion and amusement and anger and devastation and joy. 4.5 stars rounded up.

You won't find any spoilers or extended summaries here. What am I willing to disclose then? Well, I didn't know what to expect. I rarely read stories with children or teenagers, and I had never read Tiffany Reisz's work. The writi
♥Rachel♥
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love a boarding school setting! It felt very atmospheric and a little bit creepy. Instead of the story being focused on the students, like boarding school settings usually do, this is a romance focused on the adults: The Headmaster and the new teacher.

Gwen is immediately attracted to Edwin the very proper and a bit old-fashioned Headmaster, and the feeling is mutual even if he does fight it a little. Clandestine and steamy rendezvous (mustn't corrupt the kiddies, lol!) lead to deeper feelings a
Maria
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
PERFECT!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
and so am I, both sad & happy tears.

5 beautiful, tearful stars!

CC
Huge Tiffany Reisz fan, so I bought the boxed set of gothic romance to read The Headmaster. As always, good writing and I enjoyed the plot. I absolutely loved Headmaster Edwin! Tall, dark, handsome and British!! Yum! Also loved that he wears three piece suits...very classically sexy. Fancy a cup of tea....or anything a'tall?? YES, please!
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
'The Headmaster was...well written and researched, short; around 120 pages... it had... mystery, good sex scenes, wit, intrigue and mystery, lovely side characters, fun banter, an enigmatic hero and a WTF ending.

I don't know whether I liked that ending or not, but it was very well done.
Tina H
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was just adorable!

I loved all of the characters. Edwin and Gwen, I really enjoyed the playful banter between these two. They had me laughing! Christopher and Laird all the boys really were so smart, funny and bold!

It didn't take me long to figure out what was going on but I needed all of the details. This was a really
cute story. It had a little bit of everything, humor, sass, mystery, tragedy, love and sex!

Overall a good short read!
Sinners & Sirens ...: The Headmaster 7 39 Jul 25, 2015 09:42PM

• Captivated
  • Scar
  • The Morbid and Sultry Tales of Genevieve Clare
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Divine
  • Thank You for Riding (Strangers on a Train)
  • Almost Famous (Screenplays)
  • Legacy of Darkness (The Jago Legacy, #1)
  • Red Velvet and Absinthe
  • Shades of Kink: From Alphas to Masters
  • Teaching Willow: Session Four  (Teaching Willow, #4)
  • Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3)
  • Marked (Metamorphosis, #1; Beyond, #3.5; Thompson & Sons, #1)
  • Unbound (The Tied Man, #2)
  • Altered State
  • The Broken Tethers That Bind Us (The Broken, #2.5)
  • The Whored's Prayer (Whored, #2)
  • The Starving Years
Tiffany Reisz is the USA Today-bestselling author of the Romance Writers of America RITA®-winning Original Sinners series from Harlequin's Mira Books.

Born in Owensboro, Kentucky, Tiffany graduated from Centre College with a B.A. in English. She began her writing career while a student at Wilmore, Kentucky's Asbury Theological Seminary. After leaving seminary to focus on her fiction, she wrote The
“Edwin Yorke was attractive and intelligent and employed--the holy trifecta of good men.” 1 likes
“We have every book you’ll need,” Mr. Reynolds said with a wink behind his Coke-bottle glasses. “Just ask.” “Every book I’ll ever need? Sounds like Heaven,” she said with smile. “It’s a library,” he said. “To me it’s the same thing.” That” 1 likes