Start by marking “Unexpected (Skipping Stones #2)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected (Skipping Stones #2)

Unexpected

(Skipping Stones #2)

In Emily you got part of my story. But now in Unexpected you get the rest of it.

True, it doesn't go the way I planned and I don't end up with the man I had planned on. But then again, that's why they say to 'expect the unexpected.'

I have a choice to make...

Do I choose my past? Or do I choose a path that is uncertain?

Only time can tell in the end. I have to choose before fe
Paperback
Published October 10th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected

Start your review of Unexpected (Skipping Stones #2)
Nerissa
Jan 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
This is not a well written book. The storyline keeps changing mid conversation. The drama feels forced. The characters are dislikable. It's very immature.

I do not recommend this book at all.
Mollien Fote Osterman
This review if for The Skipping Stones Series not listed on Goodreads at this time.

Title: Skipping Stones Series (Emily and Unexpected)Kindle
Heat Level: 2 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Emily (Book 1)

I thought I was in love, I thought I was happy, I thought everything was perfect.

But then I found out my husband of six years was h
Kathy Wideman
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this series and they must be read in order. I was completely blindsided shortly after beginning to read this book. I was totally team Travis after reading the first book however that completely changed after beginning to read this one. He turned out to be just as bad if not worse than Connor in my opinion. You read more about James in this book and several chapters are from his point of view. I was totally open to a new person capturing Emily attention just as long as ...more
Sara Miller
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a honest review over on my blog (Pretty Little Book Blog)

This book starts off with Emily trying to keep it all together raising her sons and being Supermom, dealing with trying to repair her broken relationship with her ex husband Connor. Still reeling after finding out he was having an affair and moving out they are trying to start over by living seperately and dating. Two wrongs don't make a right since she has dated his cousin Travis. This situa
Faye Errington
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My Review

This is book two in the Stepping Stones series by the amazing Jasmine Lee

The books must be read in order and can not be read as standalone ...

Unexpected is a great second / Ending book to its prequel Emily...

Emily is still as always .. a HUGE emotional mess of mixed feelings

You just want to give her a shake and tell her to either choose one man or the other .. or just move on from both and focus on yourself and your boys..... GRRRR

She makes me so mad at times ... but I did still love h
Leanne
Nov 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Oh! I'm a bit sad really. I had such high expectations for this book and it just hasn't lived up to them.
After reading that sneaky little proglogue at the end of Emily I was excited to read Unexpected, intrigued even.
Alas, it's more of the same drama that we saw in Emily. Her insecurities, her ups and downs, more cheating, more arguing, more confusion and hiding things, more lying. I just don't like it.
I don't like Conner this time round either. But James....I quite like him. I feel sorry for hi
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Oh my, the ending had me in tears (good tears)! I still think that Emily is a HOT MESS but, then who wouldn’t be with all that has happened to her. As said in your synopsis “expect the unexpected.'” I can’t say more other than you need to read this series and you need to start with Emily.

I am surprised that more people have not read the first book. I hope that you will give this series a chance and I thought it was a wonderful story and Unexpected was a great follow up book.

Unexpected is a boo
The Color of Ink
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Unexpected is a great follow up to Emily. She may be a bit of an emotional mess, but she’s been through a lot. On the outside looking in, there will be times you want to reach in and shake the poor girl, but you’ll be so glad to see how the story unfolds. This story is an example of how life doesn’t always go the way you plan or hope it will, but the unexpected twists and turns teach you how not to break, even if you can’t see it for yourself.

This is book two in the series and I highly recommen
Kristie Chamberlain
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
And the roller coaster ride continues..talk about a girl who can't make up her mind! Ugh, it drove me nuts just like book one! I get it, I really do but sometimes you just have to take a chance on love let go of all your insecurities and let go! James and her ex Conner aren't any help either! This book continues Emily's story, you need to read it to see who it ends! I'm giving it four stars!
Izzie d
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Is anyone capable of telling the truth? Too many ups and downs for me, too many liars and too much manipulation. Not sure i even like James, when you claim to love someone but still hurt them!! eh no!!
Hopelessly Hooked on Books
Feb 17, 2020
Jos
Dec 15, 2014
Jasmine Lee
Dec 25, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Beth Santucci
Samantha Gunning
Rachel Hall
Sue
Hey everyone, (Waves)

Well lets see, I could tell ya a grand story full of A-list celebrities but lets face it, that only happens in books. I'm married and have two kiddos a son who is a avid baseball player and a daughter who is very passionate about horses. I was born and raised in a small country town in Deep East Texas. Not playing the POP is like 300 people!! I love writing/reading and taking

Skipping Stones (2 books)
  • Emily (Skipping Stones #1)

News & Interviews