Start by marking “Stabbed Ego: A Thug's Journey to Enlightenment” as Want to Read:
Stabbed Ego: A Thug's Journey to Enlightenment

Stabbed Ego: A Thug's Journey to Enlightenment

"It makes for hair-raising reading." - The Daily Telegraph.
'I'm thinking it's a punctured lung . . . Who did this to you?' The paramedic looked hard into my flickering eyes.
 As I lay dying in the back of a screaming ambulance, my main concerns should have been about life and death. But while I did want to live, it wasn't because I loved life, but because I wanted to be around to hear theeyes.
 As
Published August 27th 2014 by Daniel Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Stabbed Ego, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stabbed Ego

Start your review of Stabbed Ego: A Thug's Journey to Enlightenment
Karen Ritson
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book, very easy to read. I know Luke personally, but glad I didn't know him 10 years ago. He is a fantastic person and has really dragged himself out of no where to become someone of respect. Such a motivational book, makes you realise that you don't have to be someone to make something of yourself. Written with total honesty, it made me laugh and cry in parts, as it must have been so difficult for him to write about his life.
June
Sep 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm glad I persevered and read this book to the end. It was quite interesting reading about how the main character got caught up for more than 7 years in a life of heavy drinking, heavy drug taking, stealing and graffiti writing. However, I didn't understand just how insecure and shy he was until the last few chapters when he describes how he enrolled in a course to become a personal trainer and had to demonstrate how to use a piece of gym equipment to a few class mates and the tutor and he coul ...more
Laura Kerr
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An open, honest and enthralling look into the life of an incredibly inspirational man. Luke writes in a way that allows you to feel the struggles he had with his mind and his ego. For anyone that has dealt with the anguish of mental health issues or have even found themselves questioning who they really are, will be able to relate to many of the anxious decisions Luke has made in his life. I highly recommend this book to anyone!
Sep 27, 2014 added it
This raw tale of one boy's battle with himself is honest and eye-opening. A dual-life: one of love and kindness, the other of fights and foes. Luke lets us into his life and the struggle to become the man he is today. He opens doors to possibilities that, as a parent, are fearful and frightening. Drugs, fights, and leading a notorious graffiti gang all to realise that there was a better man inside.
Chloe Glover
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring story, great read!
Daniel Shorty
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow
What a great book. Powerful and inspirational. Great read!
Stephen Connor
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great read about someone trapped in the grip of drugs, ego and a self-sabotaging mind. His amazing transformation from a young thug to an enlightened contributor to society, and a better world, is truly inspirational.
Michael Ivanov
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible story, amazing read.
Kathy
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! And I’m in love with him
Melissa Ritson
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was brave, honest and gripping.

Luke leaves nothing to the imagination in this thrilling story of a street fighting thug's transformation into an inspiring, healthy man.

It was brave and honest in that Luke did not hold back when he spoke about the need to constantly feed his ego. It was gripping in that the violence and trouble Luke gets involved in is not something one experiences every day. With the love of a great girl and a great family, Luke overcomes adversity and beco
Sanch Writes
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
"It was interesting reading this book and getting an insight into Luke’s past. I know Luke personally though not as a close friend. That’s because I train at his gym and attend bootcamp sessions run by him three mornings a week. Reading this book had me shocked that the mild-mannered jovial person I know had such a tumultuous past trying to battle his demons. It is also impressive to see just how he has turned his life around. When you meet him, there is no way you would even guess that he worri ...more
Cherise
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an inspirational read! I've had the recent pleasure and honour of hearing Luke tell his story live in a motivational talk to a group of young prisoners.
Being able to read his book, provided an in-depth focus on youth delinquency and the decisions we make as youths that can affect the rest of our lives.

This book highlights the significance of giving young people chances to redeem themselves and giving them every opportunity to make something of themselves.
Luke is a wonderful success story
Robert Mayberry
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I joined PTN prior to knowing anything about Luke Kennedy as the gym is not far from my house. After a couple of weeks into training and seeing his book on the counter I decided to read it. After reading Luke's book I fully understand how he has become so successful along with Jade in running their Gym. The book is the ultimate turn around in someone's life. What a great read hard to put down, highly recommend:)
Mark
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Would highly recommend. The book had you cheering for him to make it out alive and the last few chapters I was unable to put the book down.
Jill Mcguire
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great read! It is always inspiring and motivating to read about another's journey and just how much they were able to turn their lives around! It would be a fantastic Christmas gift!
Kyle Wilkins
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is awesome.. Read it you won't be disappointed. Funny, insightful and very inspiring, its easy to read and entertaining all the way through
George Patroulias
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book, full stars for me! Well written.
A book that introduced me to the wonderful works of Eckart Tolle.
Kamila
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read that was! Could not put the book away! Such an inspiring person! Would recommend this book to everyone!
Hutcho
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this book is an amazing read ,a true story ,was very inspiring book thank you mr luke kennedy
I would recommend this book to everybody
Nicole Jerome
I myself relate to this book I grew up in the era of graffiti, drugs,etc very good book worth the read
Brad Wallace
Jul 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• There's No Plan B for Your A-Game: Be the Best in the World at What You Do
  • How to Be a Supervillain
  • Midnight (Skulduggery Pleasant, #11)
Luke’s story is one of redemption. He was formerly an obese alcoholic, drug abuser and stood at the top of a violent street fighting gang. After getting stabbed on two separate occasions, Luke turned his life around through the disciplines of sport, business and spiritual enlightenment. He is now seen as an inspiration in his community through his business achievements and his willingness to do wh ...more