Start by marking “Safeword Arabesque (Safeword, #9)” as Want to Read:
Safeword Arabesque (Safeword, #9)

Safeword Arabesque

(Safeword #9)

Cassie’s introduction to kink throws her for a loop until a friend and his slave give her a gentle introduction. Unfortunately, her friend has issues when it comes to kinky activities with women, so Cassie goes looking for someone else to teach her.

She knows how to be safe, but a disastrous adventure ends with an ambulance ride to the emergency room, and the three men it h
430 pages
Published October 24th 2014 by Excessica (first published October 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Safeword Arabesque, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safeword Arabesque

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Buy this book now. Cassie and Frisco's story unfolds in this long ass novel. When Ms. Blevins writes a book, she gives you a full story with jam packed BDSM scenes and plot development. Cassie and Frisco are dojo buddies with Sam and Ethan from the No Safeword quartet in the Safeword series. In the last Safeword installment, Cassie is brutalized near the end. This story starts off before her incident. For those who didn't read the previous books in this series, it's still okay. This book can be ...more
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
Hello, Candace Blevins! I think I love you. :-D

Sometimes I feel a bit like Goldilocks when I read BDSM romance. A little too much of this, not enough of that. Constantly hoping that the next book I read will be "Just right". Well, I finally found it.

In Safeword: Arabesque, Candace Blevins delivers a refreshingly realistic, honest and emotional story. A foursome BDSM romance that shows the love, dedication and work that goes into such a complicated relationship. With unique and well crafted cha
FantasyLiving

Another great story by Candace Blevins. While there is a series order, I haven't followed it. I've just read whichever I feel like in the moment. While I did read Safeword Matte I did not read the other books between that book and this book. While I know there are things I have missed, this was fine as a standalone, for me.

*warning possible spoilers below, although I don't think there are*

This book is a landmine of isshews (not the bad kind).... starting with Cassie's reaction to Frisc
Riane Kinky Book Reviews
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As reviewed on Kinky Book Reviews:
As an avid reader of the genre, I'm tired of the cookie cutter perfect mind-reader Dom. It's been done. Repeatedly. I recently switched genres for a bit because I found myself in a reading rut.

I needed something different.

Shake me up.

Wake me up.

Break me up.

Put me through the emotional paces of a story well-told.

Show me someone who survives failure.

Show me someone who crashed and burned and still keeps trying to fly.

Candace Blevins delivers. EVERY. TIME.

The shee
F.
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story!! Being a BDSM book voyeur and not in the lifestyle I find Candace Blevins's books a breath of fresh fiction air with no over-the-top millionaires, no insta-love and plenty of real-life hurdles in the way. Yes her books are on the heavier side of BDSM and definitely not everyone's cup of tea but Candace is an auto-buy for me.

For those who have read Candace"s Safeword: Matte series, they will be familiar with most of the characters in this story, however this book can easily b
lynn❤️lynn
This for me was brilliant. I've loved this book.
I've lost myself for days in this story I would do so again and again.

This story is a journey through Cassie's eyes mainly, of her journey into BDSM.
She's first introduced by her best friend Sam, who at first she's unaware of is in the life style, but then she meets Frisco, and she meets trainee slave Cam. She has feeling unknown to her at first, re Cams training, the leash sets it's all off and she sets out on a self discovery journey to take on
Sandi - Protester of Goofreads
Candace Blevins gets better & better with each book. The character development is the best yet, for all 4 characters! Her books are never 'cookie-cutter', in each one she addresses different fetishes in the BDSM world. Many of which make me uncomfortable, but I always appreciate learning about them, and gaining some measure of understanding.

This author is an 'auto-buy' for me.
Aղցela W.
Spoiler Ahead Read At Your Own Risk This was a really good book. This is my first book in this series and although it is book nine in the series this book is a stand alone. Cassie went out with Sam for her Bachelorette party when they ended up in a kink club and who do they run into Frisco and his slave in training Cam who is on a leash. Cassie is so turned on by the leash she can't think straight Cassie has known Frisco for a long time although she didn't know that he was kinky and Bi they bo ...more
Mary
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm-group-r2r
Provided by the Author through the BDSM group on goodreads

WOW!!!!!!
I think that I may need a cold shower, or possibly a polar bear plunge. This was one very hot read!!! There are multiple things about this book that make it amazing!!

1) Character development: The characters in this storyline are well developed and believable. You get to know them and you can see their individual personalities. They are not just orifices present for the sake of the storyline.

2) Storyline: There were so many
Lucia
I loved this story! It was a true M/M/M/F story between Cassie, Isaac, Frisco and Cam where everyone loved each other, and how that was achieved was portrayed realistically. There were great dynamics and the characters were unique. And I know I can't complain about the length of the book with 150.000 words, but I could have read more about Cam, because I found him a very interesting and lovable character!
Robin
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Candace Blevins has quickly vaulted to my list of favorite authors. Every book of hers that I have read has received top reviews. Her newest book Safeword Arabesque fits perfectly amongst this group of high quality books.

Ms. Blevins is known for her intense writing especially regarding the pain aspect of some BDSM relationships. Safeword Arabesque was just as in
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

2.5 Unfortunately too much is a good thing Stars!!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy from Author

I was given the opportunity to review this book and my kinky side was all over it but once I started to read it, my kinky side got confused and disappointed. :(

I read this as a standalone but I truly feel that if I read it as a series that I may have liked it more. It basically felt like the book contained everything that BDSM has to offer all rolled up into one story.
It had dominants, su
Becca
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

The first 30 to 40% of this book had me completely engrossed. The story was interesting, the characters had depth and realism, and for the first time when reading one of Candace Blevins' books I saw the BDSM aspects as clearly consensual.

This has been a problem for me in Safeword Rainbow -- 2013 extended edition, and Safeword Davenport. While I find the books fascinating, it is an uncomfortable fascination. I don't like the main male ch
carol
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adults, BDSM and erotica readers
Recommended to carol by: Kim D
Wow, this has so much in it and it is a good long read too. I have read this as a stand alone but know it fits into Candace Blevins, Safeword series and this is number 9. I think she writes them faster than I read them.
This Cassie, Cameron's, Frisco & Isaac's story.
There are many reviews, so what I liked...
The step by step approach to the characters gradually getting to know each other, and learning of and the implementation of BDSM equipment and all its protocols.
The way their relationshi
Kath Pigou
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, kinky, erotica, romance
I’m a big fan of Candace Blevins’ books, and this one didn’t disappoint. Her books are boundary pushers, and the challenge is to test your willingness to accept that what others want and need in a liaison is fine if all participants are consenting adults. Safeword: Arabesque does this mainly by presenting a poly relationship with four participants. I think most of us find one partner enough to deal with – the thought of being with three others doesn’t bother my morals, but I do think it would be ...more
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
I hadn’t read one of Candace Blevins Safeword instalments in while and as soon as I started reading this, I remembered why I enjoyed them so much. I could not stop reading this, time flew by without my notice I was so enthralled in the story and the characters. I felt a little bit spoilt with this, not only did you get told and get to experience Cassie’s story but you got Cam’s on the side as well.

I liked how Cassie and Frisco didn’t immediately get into the Dom/Sub relationship and that when Ca
Kim D
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

This is the story of Cassie and Frisco and Cameron and Isaac. Yes, that’s right – 4 people = 2 doms, 1 sub, 1 slave. I was amazed by the character development in this story. Each one of them had a very distinct voice and I liked them all. And their relationships with each other are very distinct. You never mistake who is speaking to whom in any scene.

The best part of this story (aside from the awesome sex and bdsm scenes) was how much I w
Ashley
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in ten hours straight . I could not put it down. Candace Blevins knows how to suck you in and give you every raw detail your craving. I wish there were more than five stars. The writing was incredible and the characters I fell in love with. Please more safe word books...... I'm begging
Steff
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

This book was full of fantastic characters, lots of plot twists and great quotes. It was a believable story line and the author had clearly done her research.
RECOMMENDED
Lynde Shaw
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Holy smokes! This was my introduction to Candace Blevins and she blew my socks off. Candace has created a beautiful love story between 4 people, each one providing a need that another is unable to provide. Emotional, heart breaking and full of love, this is one book you can't miss.
Daria
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading this book for BDSM Book Reviews ...

and just wow! amazing ...

please check out my 5 star review: http://www.bdsmbookreviews.com/2014/1...
Patricia’s Book Summaries
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
KyBunnies
Originally posted at Bunny's Review

This is not my first Candice Blevins book and I know it will not be my last. Each book seems to get better and better. For some people the BDSM world is a taboo subject, something they refuse to talk about or even acknowledge exist. For them anything beyond vanilla sexuality is wrong. Then there are some authors that write about the BDSM world and know nothing beyond what little they read on the internet. Thankfully that is not a problem with any book wrote by
Tash
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

ARC provided by author in exchange for a honest review via Manic Readers

I haven’t read any of the previous books but the author had me intrigued with her synopsis which seemed to offered something different with two doms , a slave and submissive. The possibilities that could be presented would be endless and hopefully some interesting scenes. I went into this book with high promise hoping that this book would give me what I crave with BDSM books but not o
Evita
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have truly enjoy reading every single one of Candace Blevins’ books in the Safeword series because of the reality she brings into them and this was no exception.

This story had two Doms, a submissive and a slave, talk about getting tangled in bed, but you know what, the only tangling was afterwards, once a scene was done, they touched and petted and talked. I felt no confusion when reading about specifics, who was topping who. The characters were so well developed that I felt I knew them and wo
Kathy L
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book for Candace Blevins. I am hooked. Yes, I know I started this series towards the end. I started this book because I had a friend read the most agonizing scene of the book and thought this is why some books about the lifestyle shouldn't be written. I wanted to prove him wrong.

This was a fantastic story told in a way that made me see the whole story playing right in front of me. Ms. Blevins makes you feel you are right there with the characters as they go through the heartbrea
lil' princess
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

There are some authors that struggle to give me a story with two well developed main characters the thought of trying to make 4 work while giving each one their own voice had me nervous. Yet Candace Blevins manages to give me a detailed and well rounded relationship between 4 people, 2Doms, one submissive and one slave.

Each character has a clear voice and personality that stands out from the rest. She hits every combo of how the 4 wo
Thea™
I wanted to read this series and specifically this book after reading Duke; I needed to know more about Isaac, Frisco, Cam and Cassie! Nothing paranormal in this book though; (view spoiler)
What an AWESOME book! I absolutely loved it! Great story; like a foursome could actually work like this. And a lot, a LOT of kinky sex. :-)
Ge-wel-dig boek!! Errug goed verhaal! Vond het-leren-slapen-in-het-donker g
Falyn
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Intense and real in a way that you hardly see in BDSM books.
All of the characters were fully loaded, none simply a secondary character put into a main character role.
The scenes and especially the Training was unapologetically realistic. The author didn't shy away from the things that most of the readers wouldn't be aware of as a kink relationship and explained them in ways that showed the truth behind them. Even parts that had me cringing, I still got that it wasn't for any kind of shock value
Shauna
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: dnf, bdsm, menage
Ugh. 2.5-3 Stars. I couldn't finish this one! I wanted to like it... I tried to like it... I even DID like it for awhile. But damn this book just kept going and going and going and ultimately, I knew how it would end (duh) and just didn't have another 2+ hours in me to finish the last 25% of the book :(

Maybe I'll set it aside and give it another shot later?

• Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything #1-7)
  • To Tame a Countess (Properly Spanked #2)
  • Schadenfreude
  • Mustang Hill (Falls Chance Ranch #3)
  • His Black Pearl (The Thrall,  #1)
  • FrankenDom
  • A Turn of the Screwed (Suncoast Society, #19)
  • Resistance (Power Play, #1)
  • Elicitation (The Training of Eileen, #1)
  • Under By Treaty
  • Three-Way Tie (Neighborly Affection #3.5)
  • Out of Control
  • False Pretenses (Rod and Cane Society, #2)
  • Fettered
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • The Professor's Pet
  • Crucial Lessons (Brothers LaFon, #1)
  • Claiming Eden (Eden, #3)
Candace Blevins has published more than forty books. She lives with her husband of 20 years and their two daughters. When not working or driving young teens all over the place, she can be found reading, writing, meditating, or swimming. The family’s beloved, goofy, retired racing greyhound is usually at her side as she writes, quietly keeping her company.

Candace writes Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Ro

Safeword (9 books)
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
  • Safeword: Davenport (2nd Edition)
  • Safewords: Davenport and Chiffon
  • Safeword Quinacridone (Safeword, #5)
  • Safeword Matte (Safeword, #2)
  • Safeword Matte: In Training (Safeword, #6)
  • No Safeword Matte: The Honeymoon (Safeword, #7)
  • No Safeword Matte: Happily Ever After (Safeword, #8)