Start by marking “Homecoming (The 100, #3)” as Want to Read:
Homecoming (The 100, #3)

Homecoming

(The 100 #3)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  13,208 ratings  ·  1,187 reviews
Weeks after landing on Earth, the Hundred have managed to create a sense of order amidst their wild, chaotic surroundings. But their delicate balance comes crashing down with the arrival of new dropships from space.

These new arrivals are the lucky ones—back on the Colony, the oxygen is almost gone—but after making it safely to Earth, GLASS’s luck seems to be running out. C
Published February 24th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

·  13,208 ratings  ·  1,187 reviews

Rache
Nov 15, 2014 marked it as to-read-asap
I don't understand why the covers are now from the tv show. I mean, Finn isn't even in the book. (I think the guy from the right is Finn.)
Tammi Moran
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
I honestly don't know why I continue to read these books. It's not that Kass Morgan is a bad writer. She's not. It just doesn't make sense to have books and a TV series that have the same premise, setting, and almost all the same characters, but such wildly diverging plots. I'm typically a book snob; this is likely the only time I've preferred a screen adaptation to the books, but really, the shows aren't based on the books. If I'm not mistaken, they started with an idea for this story, and the ...more
Fenia
"I was broken, and you put me back together." "You weren’t broken.You were the strongest, most beautiful girl I’d ever seen. I still can’t figure out what I did to get so lucky."

"I want to spend eons with you,Clarke Griffin." "Glad to hear it,because there’s no going back now.We’re here for good."

BELLARKE FEELSSSSSS ♥ ♥ ♥

Another amazing,heart-breaking book by Kass Morgan. ♥ PERFECT EMOTIONAL BRILLIANT BOOKKKK ♥
Renata
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bellamy and Clarke my cute babies I'm so happy how things turned out and how it finished this series. I'll write a review soon but it was amazing!
Eric Boot
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars! I don't think it was as good as the sequel (Day 21) but definitely a satisfying conclusion to the series! I loved the tension throughout the book, the feels of hatred to some charachters (RHODES) and the character development in these books is just phenomenal! In book 1+2 I was just begging Kass to let Bellamy die, he was SO ANNOYING, but in this book he was okay and turned into a nice character. The ending was not so strong, a bit predictable and the same as in many other novels. I ...more
Rachel
2.5 stars.

All around lay the broken bodies of the dead. People with the ghosts of heart-wrenching good-byes still on their lips, people who'd never even gotten a glimpse of the blue sky they'd sacrificed everything to see. They would've been better off staying behind, taking their last breaths surrounded by their friends and families instead of being left here, all alone.

Okay, anyone who knows me knows I am in love with The 100. Right now it's one of my favourite shows and really the only one
Julie
I read this just a couple days after it came out in February, but never got around to writing a review—if I don’t do it now, I never will, so time to bite the bullet and possibly risk the ire of more fans!

Note: Lots and lots of spoilers in my general discussion below; I've only spoiler-marked the quotes themselves.

THE GOOD:
- Bellamy’s characterisation, and Clarke & Bellamy’s relationship. I actually genuinely really like this!! Bellamy is tough and relatively sensible, and they support each
alyssa
Jun 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, 1-star
DNF @ 100 Pages

This book was shit.
Donna
In Homecoming we see the arrivals of the lucky survivors from the Colony. Some people are happy to welcome more survivors but the arrival of Vice Chancellor causes dismay throughout the 100 survivors who have created a home which they happily keep control of. Bellamy soon finds himself imprisoned by the Vice Chancellor for his crimes. Clarke is determined to help Bellamy escape and try to find her parents. Wells tries to hold on to his position within the camp and Glass is happy to be on earth w ...more
Odette Knappers
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
What an amazing ending to a great series! This is such a great series, go read! I love that the beginning of the third book is the beginning of a new part of the story. It is not just connecting all the dots, it has its own plot, storyline and meaning.

Talked about meaning, this book has a lot of hidden messages because of the characterdevelopment in the books. At first, I dodn't liked the love stories that much, but on the other hand, when you are in a situation like that, of course you are look
Samantha (ColdTeaAndCrumbs)
I thoroughly enjoyed this conclusion to the series. It was action packed from start to finish and my heart was racing when discovering the fate of the main characters. My favourite couple was always Bellamy and Clarke (Bellarke).
My favourite Bellarke quote:-
"I was broken, and you put me back together."
"You weren’t broken. You were the strongest, most beautiful girl I’d ever seen. I still can’t figure out what I did to get so lucky."

Kass Morgan's writing style is also as outstanding as ever:-
A
- ̗̀meg ̖́-
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I think that this one has been my favourite in the trilogy. It took me the longest to read, but I think that's because I didn't want the series to come to an end. I was slightly annoyed that there was basically nothing from Octavia, she was just a character used to emphasise Bellamy's protective characteristics. It was also pretty horrible to see things turn bad for Wells, after I thought he was going to have a happily ever after. I think that we got to see a lot more from Glass, which I was ini ...more
✨    jamieson   ✨
The most annoying thing about these books is that they actually do have heaps of potential
unfortunately, most of that potential is lost under a whole lot of meaningless STUFF which doesn't drive the story. God, it annoys me that these books good be really good and instead their okay at best.

→ CHARACTERS Okay. So there books have a host of characters, the main three being Clarke, Bellamy and Wells. All three of these characters are interesting enough - but they just don't really go that extra mi
Yasi
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
واقعا خوب بود... دوستش داشتم. از جلد های قبلی، آم... نظری ندارم چون کیفیت قبلی ها رو یادم نمیاد. ولی کتاب خیلی خوبی بود. اتفاق های غیر منتظره زیادی میفتاد.
به نظرم شخصیت های اصلی زیادی داشت که این از اشکالات کتاب هست. شخصیت ها به یک اندازه بهشون پرداخته شده بود و شخصیت اصلی معلوم نمیشد.
بین شخصیت ها ، کلارک رو دوست داشتم.بلامی و ولز هم هر دو خیلی جالب بودند. اما بیشتر از همه ساشا رو دوست داشتم که وقتی کلارک گفت که کاری نمیتونه کنه، واقعا ناراحت شدم.خیلی دلم برای ولز سوخت و ناراحت شدم.
خب خب میدون
Mehrshad Zarei
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
کتابِ نسبتاً خوب
و
خاطره ی شدیدا بد از این مجموعه

خودم فکر میکردم دارم کتاب اول رو میخونم در حالی که کتاب سوم مجموعه رو میخوندم و در صفحات پایانی متوجه این موضوع شدم.

قطعا تا چندین روز جرعت خوندن هیچ کتابی رو نخواهم داشت...
☣Lynn☣

My least favorite out of the trilogy. It took me forever to get into and when I was finally into the story I just wanted it to be done.

Hopefully the show ends better than the books ended.
Nina
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ich liebe die Serie und es fällt mir deswegen gerade richtig schwer, dem Buch eine schlechte Bewertung zu geben. Aber es hat mich wirklich enttäuscht.

Der Schreibstil hat sich teilweise angefühlt, als wär das Buch von einem Grundschüler geschrieben. Keine Ahnung obs an der Autorin oder dem Übersetzer lag - es hat mich jedenfalls richtig oft aus dem Lesefluss gerissen. Besonders nervig war, dass mit Wörtern wie plötzlich und sofort nur so um sich geschmissen wurde.

Dann ist das Buch ja auch sehr
Marcia
Waar Day 21 me met een lyrisch gevoel achterliet, schoot Homecoming toch net iets te kort. Voor mij blijft het tweede boek het beste in de serie. Wat niet wegneem dat ik enorm heb genoten van deze originele en spannende trilogie van Kass Morgan. De diversiteit aan kick-ass personages, de verschillen tussen het leven in de ruimte en het leven op aarde en de combinatie van spanning en romantiek hebben mijn hart gestolen. Enkel het einde had voor mij iets realistischer en uitgebreider gemogen.

Mijn
Trisha
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Take care of each other."

I haven't been 100% sold on this series. It's stumbled a long to me and always been...just a little less than I'd wanted it to be but good enough.

THIS one was different. This story finally gave more. We got to see more than one or two dimensions to the characters and we got to have some really tough moments. There were a few moments that were frustrating but they were well done and understandable.

I'm thinking this is a conclusion to the series. It ends well and really l
Füsun
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ana sayfamda görünce verdiğim puanı azaltasım geldi. O zaman serinin son kitabı diye biliyorduk ve bana göre rezil bir veda olmuştu, gidip 3 vermişim ne kafayla yaptıysam.İki puan bile çok geliyor da, okurken nefret etmediğim için 1 vermiyorum. Şimdilerde 4. kitabı var gerçi ama ne zaman okurum bilmem.

#sonradanmahvolanserilerdebugün
Markéta
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
That's it?

This is the end?

Where are some explanations? Where is detailed describtion of everything that's been fairly important but never properly said? Where is some good ending?

The only thing about this book and the whole book series is that Bellarke actually happens. And that's it.

The characters are immature and one dimensional. The plot is easy, predictable and cliché-ish. Nothing is explained and everything seems over the top.

Why did I read all three books if I only complain about them you
Eren Nadir Akşamoğlu
Final kitabı dediğin böyle olmamalı. Tüm o sorular, cevaplanmayanlar her şey havada kaldı.
Brittany Risko
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So.Freaking.Good. Seriously I wish I could give this book, this series a thousand stars. As the 100 are getting acclimated to life on earth; Meanwhile, the ship is running out of air. People panic and finally the drop ships make their way down to earth. Life on earth with the new arrivals is different, and something the 100 don't like so some of the 100 leave to live with the earth-born people. Obviously, wanting their prisoner back Rhodes sends his people to attack the bunker the earth borns ar ...more
Nima Kohandani
خب این کتاب فراتر از حد تصور من بود

یعنی انتظار نداشتم اینقدر خوب باشه، به نسبت دو جلد قبلیش جهش بسیار زیادی کرده بود

بهترین جلد مجموعه بود. پایانش متوسط بود و نه ضعیف اما خیلی راحت تر می تونست خیلی بهتر باشه

سوژه ها و شخصیت پردازی ها خیلی بهتر بود

و خب کاس مورگان به وضوح در این جلد پیشرفت کرده بود!
Tez
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(view spoiler)
Can
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Serinin en güzel kitabıydı ama tabiki bir şey yazamayacağım çünküüüüüü spoilerrr tabi daha güzel bir final yapabilirlerdi ama neyseee
Ayşe Ayhan
Aug 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bir seriye ancak bu kadar berbat bir kitapla devam edilir. Hiç yazmasaydın sevgili yazar, emin ol kimse bir şey kaybetmezdi.
Rebecca
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Not going to dwell too much on this series but here are some general thoughts:

It's okkkkaaaay - I never got invested in any of the characters really, and I was more interested in just seeing what would happen.

I found the instant love stuff incredibly stupid - it totally makes sense for wells who unconditionally loves Clarke to jeopardise the whole of the known human race to be with her but, oh, wait, as soon as he gets to earth he throws his obsession out the window to be with an earthborn girl
s
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4.5/5 stars

I hate trilogies for this reason; the first book is always the best in my opinion or the second book. The third is always the worse just like Homecoming I loved The 100 & Day 21. Both beautifully written.

I LOVED CLARKE AND BELLAMY, GLASS AND LUKE, SASHA AND WELLS. UGH ALL THEIR ROMANCES HAD ME SCREAMING AND WANTING MORE FROM THEM.

(view spoiler)
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Definitely my least favorite in the series, but I still enjoyed it...just not as much as the first two. For me, each book got a little less enjoyable. Some things just became repetitive and overall tiring. I was annoyed more times with the things in this book than the other two.
With that said, I still liked it, and it was a good end to the series.
YA Buddy Readers'...: Homecoming (The 100 #3) by Kass Morgan - Starting April 20th 2016 34 23 Apr 21, 2016 02:06PM
Goodreads Librari...: The 100 Homecoming 2 28 Mar 18, 2015 07:14PM
excited 7 58 Dec 04, 2014 04:00PM
  • Wanderers (Wasteland, #2)
  • The Salvation (Roswell High, #10)
  • While You Were Gone (Duplexity, #2)
  • Don't Know Where, Don't Know When
  • Frail Human Heart (The Name of the Blade, #3)
  • Other Worlds
  • No Dawn Without Darkness (No Safety in Numbers, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Body Electric (Mystic City, #3)
  • The Survivors (Memory Boy, #2)
  • Unchanged (Unremembered, #3)
  • Rise of the Chosen (Lifeblood, #1)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • Hardwired
  • Darth Vader Annual #1
  • Don't Look Now (PERSEF0NE, #2)
  • Gods of Chaos (Red Magic #2)
  • The New Order (The Young World, #2)
Kass Morgan studied literature at Brown and Oxford, and now resides in Brooklyn, where she lives in constant fear of her Ikea bookcase collapsing and burying her under a mound of science fiction and Victorian novels.

The 100 (4 books)
  • The 100 (The 100, #1)
  • Day 21 (The 100, #2)
  • Rebellion (The 100, #4)
“Bellamy took Clarke’s hand, then leaned in and whispered, “Should we go check on your parents?”
She turned to him and tilted her head to the side. “Don’t you think it’s a little early to be meeting my parents?” she teased. “After all, we’ve been dating less than a month.”
“A month in Earth time is like, ten years in space time, don’t you think?”
Clarke nodded. “You’re right. And I suppose that means that I can’t get mad at you if you decide to call it off after a few months, because that’s really a few decades.”
Bellamy wrapped his arm around her waist and drew her close. “I want to spend eons with you, Clarke Griffin.”
She rose onto her toes and kissed his cheek. “Glad to hear it, because there’s no going back now. We’re here for good.”
51 likes
“Endings and beginnings are inseparable, like the moment before dawn and the moment after.” 44 likes