Start by marking “Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)

Godsgrave

(The Nevernight Chronicle #2)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  11,472 ratings  ·  2,318 reviews
A ruthless young assassin continues her journey for revenge in this new epic fantasy from New York Times bestselling author Jay Kristoff.

Assassin Mia Corvere has found her place among the Blades of Our Lady of Blessed Murder, but many in the Red Church ministry think she’s far from earned it. Plying her bloody trade in a backwater of the Republic, she’s no closer to ending
Published September 5th 2017 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Godsgrave, please sign up.
Zoey River As you probably already know, it's coming out September 5th :D
I CAN'T WAIT!
Zoey River Haha, I get what you mean ;)
Some people actually offered their souls for Nevernight last year '^^
It's going to be even more hectic this year with…more
Haha, I get what you mean ;)
Some people actually offered their souls for Nevernight last year '^^
It's going to be even more hectic this year with Godsgrave. (less)

·  11,472 ratings  ·  2,318 reviews

Miranda Reads
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You can keep the glory. I'm just here for the blood.
I'm so motherf*cking dead right now.

Mia Corvere, once a wealthy heiress, now a ruthless assassin, has received her first assignment.

But her heart is not in her work - she only wishes to extract revenge on those who killed her family.
Thus, the greatest monsters get their way, she realized. By looking just like the rest of us.
Consul Scaeva and Cardinal Duomo are responsible for her family's ruin and she will do whatever's necessary to murd
شيماء ✨

It's been over a month since I read this book and you see, the trouble with writing this review is that it literally always seems easier to just lie facedown on the floor and make inarticulate noises (most of this review could actually be replaced with crying baby noises without huge loss of meaning tbh)

Listen. I am a HUGE fan of Jay Kristoff but he needs to go to jail for something. I don’t care what. just like, crimes. I mean why doesn’t he pick on someone his own size?? I genuinely believe th
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Inside the BN special edition. Beautiful pictures and some deleted scenes at the end.

The girl reached out to the shadows beneath the wagon, gathering them up like a seamstress pulling thread. It was so bright out here, so different from the belly of the Quiet Mountain. But ever so slowly, she stitched the shadows together, weaving them into a cloak. And beneath it, she became little more than a smudge, like a greasy fingerprint on a portrait of the world.

Oh Mia, I still love you and your bada
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cover-love, owned
Please excuse my colourful language.....

But to quote our dear little Mia:
What the "shit cock twat fucking fuckitall", man!?

Mister Kristoff, you are a cruel, brilliant man.

Review copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review.
Warda
Oct 06, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So like I accidentally read the last WORD of GODSGRAVE as I was checking the page count AND I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW!

Elise (TheBookishActress)
I am..................................... how do you say............................. Shook
With so many insane plot reveals I had trouble keeping track, a really great slow burn romance, and the most excellent lead character, this book kind of killed my soul. It’s a sequel, so we’ll split this up into sections. Let’s talk!

→ theme work ←
Aaaaaah, this was so great. I think this book was more focused on the fact that every single person is the hero of their own story. In the first half, I was thi
Melanie
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Melanie by: شيماء ✨

1.) Nevernight ★★★★★

“The heavens grant us only one life, but through books, we live a thousand.”

Well, I’m not entirely sure how I’m supposed to function while lying in wait for the third and final book in this series. That last chapter made me feel things that very few books are able to evoke from me. I honestly am not sure how I could possibly string together words to let you guys know how much I loved this book, but I do suppose I should at least try.

Godsgrave picks up right after the eve
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
5 Stars
(And I'm being stingy with these this year, so this is a big deal, gentle friends.)

description

I originally marked this as 4+ stars.
But after further consideration of the following:

1) I read this book in ONE sitting because I was so spellbound.
And, 2) I re-read my review for book one and realized that ALL the things I said I couldn't stand about book one, I adored about book two...

I decided to say, fuck it, 5 stars for everyone, folks. And because good on you, Sir Kristoff.

He really is a creative
jessica
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i need new letters to create new words, because there are not enough in all the languages combined that can describe how i feel about this book and series.

i never thought i would love something that is so ruthless, so unapologetic, and so downright disturbing. but yet, here i am, giving it all the stars in the world. please send psychological help. because i am desperately close to selling my soul to whatever shadow creature will take it in order to get my hands on book three. 2019 feels like t
Anne
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Friends, Romans, and Countrymen
Shelves: fantasy, kindle

description

That's right, folks. We've transitioned from assassins to gladiators!
Now, some of you will (like me) love this, but some of you?
Ehhhhh. Maybe not so much...

description

Personally, I loved the way Kristoff mixed it up this time around. There was pseudo-Roman empire feel to the setting of the story in the first book, so (to me) this was a natural progression of that same story. But I can see how some might find the transition jarring
because my mind doesn't automatically translate ninja assassins i
amy ☂︎
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, buddy-read, favs
ladies and gentlefriends, let me introduce you to the cause i now feel like a dead lump living inside a human shell that is incapable of feeling anything else but endless despair and suffering: GODSGRAVE, or, as i call it [incoherent mumbling about how everything was easier before i read this book]

(apologies in advance for the absolute mess that is this review, but what i'm feeling towards this book can only be described as 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' and i have no
maram ☂︎
I don’t know where to begin with this review???
I mean I think i’ve already mentioned everything I needed to say in my review of Nevernight

Either way, to recap and reciprocate the points I mentioned in Nevernight’s review, Godsgrave had even more witty banters. more blood. more pain. lots of angst. plentiful twists. the suspense could give you a clean kill, and even more traumatic than its prequel.

description

Tbh the moment I was done with this book, I almost gave into my weak mind telling me I was wrong to
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“When you take a person out of the world, you don't just take them, do you?
You take everything they were, too.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A short summary of what happens in the book:
Sex and murder (yes, at the same time), fight, train, Gladiatii, kill, fight, train, murder, sex, intrigues, fight, murder, surprise, kill, fight and brutal plot twists.
That left me like this:

Whereas the first book was concentrated in the school for killing (that’s my personal name for it...) this book played in the arenas of t
Sean Barrs the Bookdragon
Jay Kristoff is an absolute master storyteller. This is such an exceedingly well-balanced novel in all its grandness. I expected some of the momentum to dwindle, as often is the case with the second book in a series, though this retained its sharp edge. And boy does it sting!

He is not afraid to kill off characters. He is not afraid to destroy friendships and watch his heroes crumble into the dust. And he certainly isn’t afraid to take his book in new and exciting directions. Mia spent most of t
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more

Last year, NEVERNIGHT, the first book in Jay Kristoff's NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLE, was at the top of my Best Books of 2016 list. The writing was brilliant, the story and characters compelling, the world-building was fantastic . . . I was smitten.

So I was understandably excited about its sequel GODSGRAVE. *sighs*

BUT.

The story was still compelling, just not as compelling, the writing was likewise not as brilliant, and the old characters manifested new flaws while several of the new characters
sofia (sam willows)
this is not a simple book. it’s art.

FULL REVIEW NOW FINALLY POSTED

me? actually sitting down and writing a review? yes lads, it’s happening. and not for some bland ass book, but for my favorite book of ALL TIME, Godsgrave.

it’s been more than two months since I last finished this and oh boy, I’m still processing that ending. like holy shit, kristoff, did you really have to write and ending that’s the equivalent of burning my bookshelf, strangling me in my sleep, bringing me back to life, then st
Delirious Disquisitions
You should read this if you like: murder, stabbings, multiple murder via stabbings, devious girls, assassins, Hogwarts School of Assassins, bisexual protagonists, sexy times, murder during sexy times, multiple plot twists, adrenaline rush that feels kind of like a heart attack, shadow cats, shadow wolves, way too much sarcasm, and more stabbings.

I’m going to preface this review with a little note about Jay Kristoff. I love him, I really do. He is one of my current favorite YA authors and on a
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books, arcs
F U C K. ME.

And I HATE you so much right now, Mr. Kristoff.

Literally GTFO.

* screams for days *

(I was going to do a review on my channel, but I'm waiting for the UK edition to arrive so I can show all of you how beautiful it is, so once I do, I'll leave a link to it down below.)

I think this book surpassed all of my expectations and brought them up to an all new high. It was so, so good. Again, Jay's writing was excellent, full of buttery prose and lyrical pieces. This time around though, I di
may ❀
Full review finally up after 16 years

Everytime I think about writing a review for this book my brain goes into full-fledged panic mode

so here’s my attempt

- So godsgrave takes place sometime after nevernights ending
- Mia is still out to get revenge for her familia by any means possible
- Note that in this book mia progresses to get even more bada*s, which yeah, I didn’t think was possible either
- There are more brutal deaths, more blood, more anguish, more deceit and betrayal and friendship and
Helen 2.0
Well, pierce my ears and call me drafty. I did not see that coming.
Sh3lly
Update: The MacHalo Blog has a sweepstakes/giveaway for an ARC of Godsgrave with a couple bookish baubles. If you are interested, go here to enter. The giveaway ends October 31st at midnight Eastern time.

RELEASE DAY! September 5, 2017

Review also found at the Dust Off Your MacHalo blog.

Book two in The Nevernight Chronicles continues to follow Mia Corvere, darkin assassin, hell bent on revenging her family’s death by order of corrupt tyrannical politicians. While much of Nevernight took place at t
Emma
4.75 stars.

The wolf did not pity the lamb. The storm begged no forgiveness of the drowned.

It’s rare that a sequel manages to be equally as devastating as the first book. Nevernight was easily one of the best books I’ve read in the last year, but Godsgrave has managed to score a pretty high place up there as well.

I finished this book at 1am, and I genuinely couldn’t sleep because of how much those plot twists fucked me up. Naturally, I ended up making chocolate chip cookies alone in my kitchen
ambsreads
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Harper Voyager Australia sent me a review copy in exchange for my honest thoughts. All thoughts are my own

HAPPY RELEASE DAY TO GODSGRAVE IN AUSTRALIA. Y'ALL NEED THIS SERIES IN YOUR LIFE

This review (and others) is also featured on my blog in much better formatting.

WARNING THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR BOOK ONE, NEVERNIGHT. HOWEVER, THIS REVIEW WILL HAVE NO SPOILERS FOR GODSGRAVE.

R A M B L E

I loved Nevernight. I’ve made that pretty clear since I read it. I also love Assassin’s and murder, someth
Caitlin
3.5 stars!

This book is a tough one to rate. I was super hyped for it but I spent about 300 pages of it really bored and confused because it was super dense. I just don't think I have a grasp as to what the fuck was happening the entire time which definitely frustrated me.

I went in with the expectation that I would either super love it or really hate it and I'm kinda in the middle. I'm not sure how to feel about it.

I. Need. Tric.
Christian
"Dark delight in her belly.
Warm blood on her hands.
Mia closed her eyes.
Raised her blade.
'O, Mother, blackest Mother, what have I become?'"

Back when I wrote down some of my thoughts on Nevernight, my conclusion was that while I thoroughly enjoyed it, there was still a bit of... room for more. More blood, more revenge, more cruelty.

Well, something listened.

You know how second books in trilogies are often described to suffer from a "second-book-syndrome"? Godsgrave does not. In a way, it almost fe
Anniebananie
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NEEEEEEIN! Warum bist du denn schon zu Ende?! Und warum hast du den fiesesten Cliffhanger seit es Cliffhanger gibt?! 😱😱😱
Wie nicht anders zu erwarten hat mich der zweite Teil genauso sehr begeistern können wie der erste und hatte zum Glück nicht mit typischen "zweiter Teil einer Trilogie Problemen" zu kämpfen.
Die Welt und die Story sind einfach so gut durchdacht und inszeniert, dafür muss man Jay Kristoff echt Respekt zollen!
Mia finde ich nach wie vor klasse, da sie einfach keine typische Protago
Natalie Monroe

"No matter what you face on those sands, fear is the only enemy in your path. Conquer your fear, and you can conquer the world."

The Nevernight Chronicle is, in a nutshell, about a teenage girl mastering new and creative ways to murder people. Last time, it was the art of assassination. This time, it's the way of gladiatii— gladiator.

"If Vengeance has a mother, her name is Patience."

What can I say about this series that I haven't thoroughly gushed over? It's gloriously plotted, with
Beatrice in Bookland
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy from the publishing house in exchange for an honest review*

"This is not where I die.
I’ve far too much killing to do."

1) Nevernight ★★★★★

THE PLOT

"Why is everyone still acting like this is a fucking game?"

I’ll try to keep it simple to avoid spoilers. In the first part of the book we follow Mia in two different adventures.
In the “present” chapters she willingly gets captured by slavers to inflitrate a gladiatorial collegium. Yes, you’ve read that right, GLADIATORS.
In the “four mo
☆ Mira ✷
Satan is among us and his name is Jay Kristoff

oh hell fuck me
Robin (Bridge Four)
Gentlefriends this is the Kindle monthly deal in Sept for $2.99

3.75 Why Would You Forgive Stars

description

Nevernight was in my top 5 reads last year gentlefriends so this book had a lot to live up to. While it was a pretty good book overall it fell a little short of its predecessor. Still this world and the characters in it are very interesting and I was glad to be jumping back in.

╰⊰✿Non-Spoilery Section✿⊱╮

Kristoff does a few things really well throughout this book. He has a unique turn of phrase and pr
  • No Limits
  • Covenant's End (Widdershins Adventures, #4)
  • The Revenge of Eli Monpress (The Legend of Eli Monpress, #4-5)
  • Albion of the Wind - 風のアルビオン (Zero No Tsukaima, #2)
  • Welcome To Orphancorp (Orphancorp, #1)
  • Awakening (The Twins Of Saranthium, #1)
  • The Devil's Colony
  • Ironheart (Valentine, #2)
  • The Savage Dawn (The Girl at Midnight, #3)
  • The Disappearance of Ember Crow (The Tribe #2)
  • A Shadow's Breath
  • Gap Year in Ghost Town
  • Begin, End, Begin: A #LoveOzYA Anthology
  • Mr Romanov's Garden in the Sky
  • The Bitter Twins (The Winnowing Flame Trilogy #2)
  • Munro vs. the Coyote
  • The Wilful Eye (Tales from the Tower, #1)
  • Wilder Country (Winter, #2)
Jay Kristoff is the #1 international, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of THE NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLE, THE ILLUMINAE FILES and THE LOTUS WAR. He is the winner of five Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, has over half a million books in print and is published in over thirty five countries, most of which he has never visited. He is as surprised about all of this as you are. He is 6’7 and has appro ...more

The Nevernight Chronicle (3 books)
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
“She'd grown up inside books. No matter how dark life became, shutting out the hurt was as easy as opening a cover. A child of murdered parents and a failed rebellion, she'd still walked in the boots of scholars and warriors, queens and conquerors.

The heavens grant us only one life, but through books, we live a thousand.”
88 likes