Start by marking “Visions (The Secret Watchers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Visions (The Secret Watchers, #1)

Visions

(The Secret Watchers #1)

Welcome to the world of Owen Ryer and The Secret Watchers. Owen is given glimpses of horrible things that have happened and is driven to fix them but it’s a dangerous life and he’s been told he has to keep it a secret. Homework and chores are bad enough when you’re in eighth grade but now this? He already hated school and now he must stand up to school bullies and even big ...more
ebook
Published September 22nd 2014 by BookBaby (first published September 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Visions, please sign up.
Angela Theel I let my daughter read all of these books. There is fighting and a budding love story but nothing near rape or sex for that matter. Finding your inner…moreI let my daughter read all of these books. There is fighting and a budding love story but nothing near rape or sex for that matter. Finding your inner strength and love of family is what these books are about.
I would recommend this to any sixth grader, girl or boy.(less)

Jonel
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG. It’s over? I’m out of pages? I’m out of words? I NEED to know what happens next. I NEED to spend more time with these characters. Please.....

This novel is impeccably well written, insightful and speaks to the reader on a whole new level. Klever employs some awesome first person descriptions that catch you right away without the reader noticing that you are being filled in with lots of background information. Everything is written with such realism that you cannot help but become emotionall
Lauren Lynne
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I love a book about an unassuming hero. Owen is that kind of guy. He does what he has to do because he knows it's the right thing to do. He is one to stand up for the innocent and weak. He puts his whole heart into each situation he finds himself thrust into. He would sacrifice himself before he'd let harm come to his friends or family. Some would call him a superhero but Owen would say, "I'm just an ordinary guy."

Visit the website at http://www.thesecretwatchers.com
Sharon
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series of books by Lauren Klever. The writing in this book is- well i dont know any other way to phrase it, except that its written the way Moms actually talk to their kids and the language that is used by the teenagers in the book, is reality. Visions grabs you at the beginning when you actually smile when you read what Owen is really thinking as he is answering his mom. This is the story of Owen Ryer, his friends, his family and how the courage and right influences in a ...more
Sheila
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Visions (The Secret Watchers) is one of those rare stories that actually transports you to another world. From the beginning you become part of Owen Ryer's world, experiencing all of his confusion, frustration and compassion as he searches for purpose, acceptance and morality. The author manages to take a familiar plot; teenager discovering a previously unknown special talent, and bring a whole new slant to the formula with exemplary character development, jaw-clenching action and a good vs. evi ...more
Stan
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was truly impressed. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this blew my socks off. I was amazed by the way the story and characters drew me in and held me captive from the first sentence until the last. I am very much looking forward to the next book in this series. Young Owen has difficult choices to make and he does so with courage and grace. He is someone for young folks everywhere to look up to an aspire to be.
Tom
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books that you can't put down. It was well written and exciting in all of the right places. As someone who teaches self-defense, and who has seen a LOT of action movies, I can tell you that her descriptions of the fighting were spot on! The author captured the chaos of a fight and moved it along quickly so that it wasn't bogged down by being written. Very well done! I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Marge
A must read! There is power in this riveting debut novel, Visions, book one of The Secret Watchers series! It immediately grabs you and holds you prisoner to the end. Warning: Don't start it late at night.

It may have been intended for teen audiences, but I found it extremely appealing and would recommend it for tweens through the senior set! Lauren's use of charismatic yet compassionate characters from age eleven on covers three generations and her understanding of these age groups shines throu
Steve
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read!! As an avid reader of a wide variety of authors (Ken Follett to David McCullough), books (Ghost Wars to The Walking Drum) and genres (fantasy to current events), I'm always on the lookout for a good story. Visions is just that. The story was engrossing and captivating. I found myself experiencing a range of emotions from anger to joy, sadness to pride. I'm ready for the next book!!!
Julie Schoenfeld postlewait
What A wonderful story. I just finished "Visions (The Secret Watchers, #1). I could hardly put it down! I kept finding myself anxiously waiting until I could pick it up again to find out what happened next. Owen is charming, and very compelling. Watching him mature and grow before your very eyes. He is a strong, and faithful, yet humble hero. He is supported by a close knit group of Family and Friends who will support him until the very end.

This is listed as a young adult book. I am, a little ol
Mark
I love how this book moves right along. The action is portrayed in a realistic way and I like that. I also enjoyed the way that the characters are developed. I could relate to them and found that, in no time, I genuinely liked them. READ THIS BOOK - YOU WON'T BE SORRY!!!
Cassie
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this story. I could not put it down. Owen is one outstanding guy. I cannot wait to read the second book in the secret Watchers Series.
Andee
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and getting to know Owen in this first book! I look forward to reading more about him in future books! GREAT writing Lauren!!!
Alisa
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first signed up to read this book I didn't expect to really enjoy it. I was mainly thinking that while I might not enjoy it the book my turn out to be something my teenage sons would enjoy. I often have a hard time with books where the main character is a young teenage boy. I know that sounds horrible but to me those books seem to lack any depth. It is all about the boy trying to be a hero and save the world, no back story, no chance to really get to know the characters beyond their stru ...more
Cheryllynn Dyess
I have placed my review on my blog at http://jeinsjourney.blogspot.com/2013...

Please stop by and leave your comments for the author
C. McGannon
Owen Ryer is not your normal teenager, and Visions is not your normal novel. In a world of formulaic, screenplay-ready books of superheroes versus supervillains, Visions breaks the mold and dares to let its story roam at its own pace. It's refreshing. Don't get me wrong. The farther into the story you get, the more you begin to realize that Owen is that mystical superhero, and out there must be the equivalent supervillain--but it takes a step away from your average Good vs. Evil story arc to tak ...more
Cipriana
I loved this book. The main character and secondary characters are very likeable and readers can related to them. This is a current day story with a paranormal twist. I love how the author blended reality and fantasy together much like the world of Harry Potter. Anyone who likes young adult books, adventure stories or coming of age novels should give Visions, The Secret Watchers a read! I bet you'll love it too!
Katrina Cope
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
I loved this book. I must admit that I love innocent hearted heroes, even when they make constant mistakes with personal relationships. I found it a really enjoyable read with loads of action, physical and of the heart. It was mostly an easy read which I thought flowed really well together.

Owen’s (the main character/hero) gifts/talents seemed to be a mixture of marital arts, psychic visions (from the past) and adding a mixture of Native American culture.

I’ve learnt something too ☺ I am now fami
BookingGoodATX
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review and let me just start off with.........WOW!!! I loved this unique story about a young boy named , Owen Ryer, his family and his friends. It all starts with a visit to the pawn shop, owned by his friend's uncle. A place he'd visited many times but this visit is the one that changes his life. There is action, adventure, mystery, suspense and best of all love. The love of family, friends and his crush.

Owen is a typical middle school boy who f
Andrew Marr
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lauren Klever’s first volume of The Secret Watchers series, Visions, introduces us to 14-year-old Owen Ryer just before he discovers his gift visualizing who has touched an object and what those people have done with it. This is hardly trivial when being drawn to a pencil in the school hallway (another part of the gift) he realizes that the boy who owns it is being bullied by another boy and he has to do something about it.
This is not an action-filled novel the way many fantasy novels are but mo
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a copy of this book for an honest review through a read and review group on Goodreads.

This book was better than I expected. I loved getting to know the main characters, especially Owen. He's a great hero to root for, and you can't help but like him. After being drawn to a watch in a pawnshop owned by his friend's uncle, Owen's special ability unlocks. He can sense people's evil intentions and sets out to stop these people from acting on their thoughts.

Owen has the weight of the world
Simon Okill
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Visions (The Secret Watchers Book #1) by Lauren Klever is a supernatural YA thriller for both teens and adults to enjoy. The well-written story, that I have to say is written with all the love a mother has for a teenage son, full of dialog that rolls off the tongue, draws the reader in immediately with scenes that all teenagers my age (well aged now) can recall with a smile and a grimace.
Owen Ryer is 14 years old, hates school, loves play (skateboarding) and is noticing girls. He is awkward but
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-library

Owen is a typical middle school boy who f
Angelique
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-on-gobii
Visions is a thrilling read about a 14 year old boy, discovering man hood. Yes, of course there is much more then that going on, but to me, that is what predominantly stood out.

What started out as a slow start to me ended up being a great book I found difficult to put down. You find yourself sympathising with an amazing young man and his friends. I have to commend the author on creating an excellent cast of characters. All well rounded, and described in so much detail that I now feel like I mys
Liv
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall: I enjoyed this book. It was a different kind of supernatural type book. I loved the idea behind the "secret watchers". It really challenged what was too much to do for someone else's safety. The plot was good. I felt like the end should have been more climactic, but the rest of the book was good. There were many ups and downs about how I feel about the book. I thought the whole Lucy thing was stretched way to far. Like seriously date or don't, it got on my nerves. I did like the fact th ...more
Adrienne
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was quite an entertaining read! The characters were very likeable and since this book was housed in the teenage setting, I also found the things that they were going through very relatable. I especially liked the protagonist named Owen, because he was very brave and humble and unselfish (all the things that I'm not, haha!). He thought of other people first before making any rash decisions and he was devastatingly loyal to his family and friends and all the people surrounding him. The story ...more
Nicole
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I looked at it with new eyes; old eyes. I saw it with new wisdom. I had become old. Making a mess meant that you had more to clean up and it was harder to find what you needed."

Fourteen-year-old Owen Ryer's words about the state of his younger brothers' room accurately reflect the sate of his own rapidly changing world. Shortly after discovering his gift which allows him to sense dark energy is others, Owen's life begins to unravel. His once happily secure family is threatened by his parents wh
Katherine
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Visions: The Secret Watchers (Book One) by Lauren Klever is a YA novel about Owen, a fourteen year old boy, who discovers that he has special abilities – he is able to see evil and it is his job to stop it. With the help of his mentor, White Eagle, and his friends, Owen finds ways to prevent or stop the evil actions that he sees in his visions.
The story was an action-packed adventure with a very fast pace. The plot was interesting and unique. And the characters were wonderful. All of the charact
Tara Holman
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Visions is the first book in the Secret Watchers series by Lauren Kelver. The story is about a young boy, Owen and his mentor, family and friends. The concept is highly refreshing in today's YA genre. A story that begs how dynamic a world could be, if we had the power to "see" by touching objects. How would it change things? Could we prevent bad things from happening? Right future wrongs? In this book the reader is introduced to characters that assist Owen in his new found powers, challenge him ...more
Robin Woods
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is fun and full of adventure. Owen in a typical tweener struggling with typical coming of age things, like school, friendships, family, and the ultimate crush. When he finds out that he isn't so typical after all, Owen rises to the occasion and becomes someone that everyone can aspire to: a person who does the right thing, even when it's hard. He is honest, hardworking, and his values are in the right place.

Who would like it? Anyone who likes adventure and coming of age stories with a
Robert Shaw
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely leaves you wanting more.

The detail in this book is so meticulous that the author manages to thoroughly pull you in. Owen Ryer, his family and friends are so well-defined that I really felt I had become one of them, and now that I’m done I really miss them. I loved Owen’s mom! She’s a mom everyone would love to have. Not so crazy about his dad, but even the few scenes in which he appears, he is very clearly delineated and comes across vividly. So much so that he’s really not likable, a
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
As you read Visions, what grabbed you most? 2 5 Feb 18, 2013 06:59AM
  • Charlie Sullivan and the Monster Hunters: The Varcolac's Diary (Charlie Sullivan and the Monster Hunters, #1)
  • Red Madrassa (Algardis, #1)
  • The Column Racer (Column Racer, #1)
  • Dragon Alliance (Vankara, #2)
  • Hollow Bones (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #3)
  • Phantom Bigfoot Strikes Again (Phantom Bigfoot Series, #1)
  • The Elf Girl (Journey into the Realm, #1)
  • The Sacrifice (The Watcher, #3)
  • Clicks (The Dolphin Prophecy #1)
  • Peter: A Darkened Fairytale
  • The Scare
  • The Survival of the Soul
  • Glory
  • Gambit (The Prodigy Chronicles, #1)
  • The Precious Dreadful
  • Fox and Phoenix (Long City, #1)
  • Amongst Ourselves: A Self-Help Guide to Living with Dissociative Identity Disorder
  • You Are a Medium: Discover Your Natural Abilities to Communicate with the Other Side

The Secret Watchers (4 books)
  • Whispers (The Secret Watchers, #2)
  • Insights (The Secret Watchers, #3)
  • Perceptions (The Secret Watchers, #4)