Start by marking “Fractured Lines (Out of Line #4)” as Want to Read:
Fractured Lines (Out of Line #4)

Fractured Lines

(Out of Line #4)

The lines we once crossed so easily have widened and torn us apart . . .

Once upon a time I thought Finn and I would live happily ever after, but real life doesn't always have a happy ending. He's testing my trust, and I'm losing faith in the man I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with, and there’s nothing I do can stop it. He’s the one I trusted to keep me safe, but n
Published October 14th 2014 by Jen McLaughlin (first published October 8th 2014)

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

☆☆☆☆☆5 Beautiful Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

How far would you go to fight for your love? Are you willing to go against all the odds stacked against you? And can love truly heal? In Fractured Lines by Jen McLaughlin, the power of love is the major theme of this book. True love is definitely worth the fight when you know a couple like Finn and Carrie truly deserves the happily ever after. These two battle all the odds and come so far in their relationship. And
Bethany
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Fractured Lines by Jen McLaughlin is book 4 in the Out of Line series. I haven’t read any of the books from this series before. You can read this book as a stand-alone from the series. There is some recapping as to what goes on in the other books so you’re not completely lost, but if you are wanting to read this series I would definitely start by reading book 1 Out of Line. For those who have read this series will probably really love Fractured Lines because their favorite characters are back. I ...more
Polly
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really think this book was not needed. It was the same shit different day. I swear that the same two sentences were like on every page. I was super bored and disappointed.
Lustful Literature
** JOSIE'S 5 STAR REVIEW **

The Out of Line series is my favorite series, I read all three books and fell in love with Finn and Carrie. When I saw they were going to be getting another book I was smiling all the way home. I cannot get enough of the pair. Finn is my favorite BBF (I literally cream my panties when I read about him).

In the last book Out of Mind, Carrie and Finn got their HEA, but this story looks into their lives 3 years after they got married and now have a daughter, Susan. The
Heather
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The thing about trust is that it's a lot easier to lose than it is to build.”—Finn

Truth Finn. Truth.

Finn is struggling. He slips up and hates himself for it. Hates what could have happened but also hates that Carrie might see him as weak. Carrie feels for him but she has a kid to worry about and as Finn says once that trust is gone it’s very difficult to go forward and get that back.

The thing about Fractured Lines is that Jen McLaughlin writes Finn’s PTSD in such an authentic way that the reade
Jana (My Messy Chapters)
Sep 23, 2014 marked it as to-read
OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS BOOK!!! More Finn and Carrie oh yeah :D
All Romance
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

PEPPER'S REVIEW

FRACTURED LINES is the 4th book in the OUT OF LINE series. However, it can totally be read as a standalone. I haven't read any in this series (which will be rectified immediately) and the book read fine for me. I just need more, so I'm totally going back to read the rest. So...

God Dammit. I don't even know how I'm alive to write this review right now. Because this book murdered me.

AKA - So. Hugging. Good.

Let me explain, or try to.

If you've read my reviews, you know I am not into
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

We all love when our characters get what we assume will be a happily ever after (HEA), but sometimes what happens after the HEA isn't all sunshine, rainbows and kittens. No matter how much a couple loves each other, previous issues have a way of resurfacing and causing trouble a second time around. This is what we find with Finn and Carrie in Fractured Lines.

I should probably be mad at Jen for putting one of my favorite bookish couples through an
Rhea Dsouza
Oct 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Fractured Lines #1 photo fl_blogtour_zpsaa697cc7.png

I love romance novels – probably more than I love reading any other genre of books. I’m one of those girls who keep re-reading the end of romance novels to see how the boy finally gets the girl. I’m one of those girls who love the angst the characters go through and eventually, their personal epiphanies as they realise that they’d be so much less miserable if they were with their significant others.

But with Jen McLaughlin’s Fractured Lines, I found myself sighing and sniffling every time the ch
Michelle
2.5-3 stars

Oh man...
I guess I was expecting a little more from this book.
I wanted Carrie to have more of a tough love / backbone approach with Finn's issues.
Her being a therapist herself... And being in the condition she was in.... She was just not doing it for me.
She needed to insist right from the start & put down the ultimatum and a time frame... For Finn to get help... If he wanted to stay with her and his daughter.
It was just so crazy!!
And I'm sorry... I wasn't feeling the whole BDSM
Evette
Sep 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have missed Finn and Carrie. Fast forward time and we find them back in a place neither can handle and rocky wouldn’t even begin to describe the terrain.

This book had a very different feel, more sexual, more anger, more pain perhaps? The description of Finn’s PTSD is so clear. His pain broke my heart. But again why not bring Carrie in, why hold er so far away and allow the rift to grow?

Don’t get me started on Carrie. She drove me crazy! Not because she is a therapist, not because she is scared
Jamie
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read any of Jen's books previously so I was worried knowing this was a standalone of a line of her books. I am telling you there was absolutely no reason to worry. In fact, I read this book in one sitting because I couldn't put it down and now need to read the rest!

I loved this story. It was real. It was not a sappy romance or all about sex. It was like a real life marital struggle that you get to witness. Jen had amazing character development in this story and even though it was set i
K
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book felt like an afterthought, like the author originally planned on three but saw the success of them and decided.. "what the hell, let's extend it!"
Nah...let's not. The plot felt repetitive to what the couple had already overcome in previous books, the characters seemed immature and honestly there wasn't a real sense of the couple actually working through their issues. The ending was needed so the author sugarcoated it all and rushed it.

Not something I would read again.
Emma
so this was a difficult one for me. It hit too close to home with association and lies undermining a marriage. Putting children first when the person your supposed to trust the most rips away your foundation. In my case the addiction won and my marriage broke up. In fact the addiction is still winning with no contact between the children and their father. It w as nice to image that these situations can be overcome and lead to a stronger marriage. Just not mine.
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This is the first and only book I read in the Out of line series. But I can say that I did not feel lost. Some things are told in this book of what happened in the previous enough to get an idea of what was going on. I gather these two went through quite a lot together before getting their HEA.
You can find my full review here:
Geri Reads
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review to come...
Kristi
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
There hasn't been a couple since Liv and Dean that deserved a HEA more! What a fantastic journey to take with these two!
Polly
Sep 23, 2014 marked it as to-read
What the fuck? I thought we had the hea already! They've been through enough.

Definitely waiting on reviews first before deciding on reading it or not.
Sounds like unnecessary drama!
Kassi
Oct 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Could have done without it. Loved how book3 ended but this book was unnecessary drama.
Shawna Shauntia

FL_2weeks

EXCERPT:

I lowered my face even more. “I need you so damn bad. Let me kiss you. Let me make it better. I know how to make it all better.”

I brushed my lips across hers gently, testing her reaction. She kissed me back. So soft I barely felt it, and yet I somehow felt it down to my soul.

With a small groan, I closed my mouth over hers, crushing her against my chest and holding her so tightly I might have broken a rib. Man, I’d been waiting for this moment. For her to stop shutting me out. For he
Lisa
Ugh, the tortured rehash. I can't stand it when stories do this. And it's a novella too, which means there's barely time for the angst to start before the story is being quickly wrapped up and winded down. Didn't enjoy this that much. I bet I will like Riley's story next though.
Claire
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fabulous series

Fantastic series. A great romance. Wonderful characters and a easy fun read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Finn and Carrie's story and will definitely grab more of this author in the future.
Casey
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Fractured Lines is the fourth book in the Out of Line series by Jen McLaughlin. I have been a huge fan of this series since the very first book and couldn't wait to read this when I found out there was going to be more in this series. For those of you that haven't yet read the previous books, Fractured Lines can be read as a standalone. I would highly recommend starting at the beginning though to see everything that Carrie and Finn have alread
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
This is a first in the Out of Line series that I've read, but you can read this one as a standalone.

This is definitely a first where I've read about a couple dealing with the aftershocks of a traumatic event and dealing with PTSD. There's one thing to hear about the various stories with the men and women in the armed forces and then reading a book like this. To be honest, I have no idea how the reality is for someone with PTSD, but I'd like to think that Jen McLaughlin did a great job painting a
Chu
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

PURCHASE IT ►►► AMAZON

I am not usually fond of series which features the same couple, but Out of Line Series is an exception. When Fractured Lines was added, I had my fair share of doubts, but when I have read some excerpts, most especially the first chapter of the novel, all my doubts were extinguished, and excitement prevailed.

I am almost seeing a different couple here: Finn and Carrie are older, sexier and more mature. But their love, it’s still there. O
Becky
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, contemporary
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books for 10/20/14.

Fractured Lines takes place several years into Carrie and Finn's marriage, and is classified as an adult rather than New Adult book. If you've read the rest of the Out of Line series, you'll definitely enjoy seeing how their HEA is (or isn't?) going, but if you're new to the series it can definitely be read as a standalone.

I love revisiting couples post-HEA; usually we just catch glimpses of them in other peoples' stories, but every now and then a
Stephanie Ward
3.5 Stars

'Fractured Lines' is the fourth book in a New Adult contemporary romance series. I haven't read any of the previous books, so I was a little confused and lost at times during the story - but not to the point where it really affected my reading experience. I think readers should read the books in order so they don't get confused, but it can be read as a stand-alone. This book was definitely not what I was expecting when I started it. I had a stereotype in my mind that New Adult romance d
Roxanne Kade
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carrie and Finn. I have been with them every step of the way and to me they are NOT just characters in a book. So, when I saw them so broken and everything falling apart around them, my heart shattered. I wanted to rush in and make things right. To fix Finn and take away all of Carrie's hurt, but all I could do was hope that the love that these two amazing people shared would be enough to pull them from their abyss of misery. But, of course, the road to forgiveness and acceptance is filled with ...more
Cocktails and Books
If there was ever a couple that deserved a happily ever after, it was Carrie and Finn. After all they went through, with Finn fighting his demons and making his way back to Carrie, I wasn't expecting to find them fighting those same demons as married adults. But fight them they did and it was heartbreaking to see them struggling....again.

If you haven't read any of the Out of Line series, it's a must to read the previous three books before you venture in the adult story of Carrie and Finn. Finn,
« previous 1 3 next »

• Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy
  • Just A Taste (The O'Learys, #5)
  • A Beautiful Purpose (The Beautiful #6)
  • Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • Everly After
  • Vow of Atonement (Vow, #2)
  • Best Man for the Bridesmaid (The DeFiore Brothers, #2)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Hockey Is My Boyfriend (Part One)
  • Collared (Going to the Dogs #4)
  • Summer at the Shore (Seashell Bay, #2)
  • Expose (Crash, #3)
  • Morning Light (A Day of Pleasure, #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • A Twist of Date (Better Date than Never, #5)
  • Red Dirt Road (Saving Angels, #2)
  • Move Me (Hidden, #4)
  • Hotwire (Christy, #2)
Jen McLaughlin is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of sexy books with Penguin Random House. Under her pen name, Diane Alberts, she is also a USA TODAY bestselling author of Contemporary Romance with Entangled Publishing. Her first release as Jen McLaughlin, Out of Line, hit the New York Times, USA TODAY and Wall Street Journal lists. She was mentioned in Forbes alongside E. L. J ...more

Out of Line (7 books)
  • Out of Line (Out of Line, #1)
  • Out of Time (Out of Line, #2)
  • Out of Mind (Out of Line, #3)
  • Blurred Lines (Out of Line, #5)
  • On the Line (Out of Line, #6)
  • Undercover (Out of Line #7)