Start by marking “Witches With the Enemy (Mist-Torn Witches, #3)” as Want to Read:
Witches With the Enemy (Mist-Torn Witches, #3)

Witches With the Enemy (The Mist-Torn Witches #3)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  378 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
The national bestselling author of The Mist-Torn Witches returns to a world of princes and power, magic and mystery, where two women have the ability to reveal the future and uncover the past…

When seers Céline and Amelie Fawe fled Shetâna under threat of death, they vowed never to return. Yet, less than a year later, they are summoned back—to aid the man who once tried to
Published May 5th 2015 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about Witches With the Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witches With the Enemy

Shelley
**I received this book for free from (Publisher) via (NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*My Thoughts*

Witches With the Enemy is the third installment in the Mist-Torn Witches series by author Barb Hendee. When Sisters Céline and Amelie Fawe fled Shetâna under threat of death nearly a year ago (see the first installment called The Mist-Torn Witches if you haven't already), they vowed to
Zora
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another solid book by the author. It's a bit maddening that I am only the 27th reviewer, for this book is so much better than many YA fantasy novels with tens of thousands of reviews. I feel like banging my head in frustration over this, though probably the author feels 1000 times as bad as I do about it. There is a romance in the series, but it's very slow burn. Also it's nice how the characters on the covers are actually the characters inside the book.

So yay for the book, and DAMN the vagaries
Timothy Brannan
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 of the Mist-Torn Witches series sees Céline and Amelie Fawe heading back into the land of their birth, Shetâna, to do a job for Prince Damek who once tried to have them killed.
Like the previous two books this one involves a mysterious murder, but the murders keep happening and it is soon obvious that no one is what they appear to be at all. This one grabs you from the beginning.
Hendee is great at character development and it was nice to see Céline get some much needed growth and the spot
Diayll
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Originally Reviewed At: Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: NetGalley
Reviewer: Me

When I began Witches with the Enemy, I had ZERO expectations. Heck, I don’t even remember requesting the ARC from NetGalley, or downloading it to my kindle. And I’ve always been forthcoming with how I chose my next read: I dive into the first chapter of three random novels and see which story seizes my attention (and holds it) first. However, when I read the prologue of Witches with the
Anne - Books of My Heart
At least 4 stars. Review at The Book Nympho:

I read the first two books in The Mist-Torn Witches series to prepare for this review and I’m really enjoying the series. I generally don’t like historical romance but the fantasy books which are set in historical times I also think I wouldn’t like, but then I do. I guess I can’t generalize; I have to read the book and see.

This series has witches and this is my favorite sort of supernatural. There have also been
DemetraP
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked it but I don't think I'm going to continue reading the series. Each book is the same. The sisters solve a mystery, one sister flirts with Jaromir and one sister flirts with Anton.

In this book we finally meet Anton's evil brother, Damek, and see Anton interact with his father.

Eh. Overall the book was forgettable. And I didn't like the character of Rochelle. She was scheming and now the sisters are her enemy.
Mitchell
Fantasy series with it's latest installment. This one is a murder mystery. Interesting characters, fairly well written and a good read. Not high art, but not silly either. Probably a little too obvious but I don't usually try too hard to figure a mystery out while I'm reading and this one was intricate enough that I didn't jump to a conclusion. Book 3 of a series with strong main female characters.
Shandra
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
The best one in the series so far! And the ending set up some intrigue for future books, which is fun. I like the way the sisters are getting to know their gifts, and again, the way the potential romances are moving slowly but sweetly. There are obstacles, especially for Celine, but I'm hopeful. I look forward to the next book!
Pamela Tracy
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
So far the first one in the series is my favorite. It had the most depth.

I liked the second one because of the wolves and setting.

I like this one because of the setting too. I think Handee's biggest strength is world building. I really want to be there, watching. Descriptions are good, too.

This one had a great premise, but I wish there'd been more motivation for Anton taking Celine and Amalie to his his brother's. He knows his brother is a psycho. If my sister were a psycho, I wouldn't take the
Feyfire
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
An easy read and enjoyable despite a few things that make me twitch: a lot of stereotypes that make the characters come up lacking in depth along with a few other minor things... Such as: character x gets a face scratch and then.... THE NEXT DAY ..a comment on how it stopped bleeding. I don't know about you..but any scratches on people's faces would clot up pretty quickly if they had bled at all.

Cassandra Ulrich
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Barb Hendee's Witches with the Enemy is a a surprising twist where the Mist-Torn sisters have been asked to help the prince who previously wanted to bring them harm. It's a riveting read for fantasy audiences.
Lucy Dosch
Mar 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I once again declare my love/hate with this series. There was a lot of potential for this series, but the sisters aren’t given a chance to use their gifts to their fullest until the very end when Amelie sees the killer’s past right at the apex of the action and once again screeching the whole story to a halt. I will still read the next one, because I am still hoping to see more from these characters.

Prince Anton’s brother, Damak, has a new bride lined up but when her family comes to his castle t
Jeanie
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
"Witches With the Enemy". (Mist-Torn Witches Book 3)

By: Barb Hendee

Agatha Christie would be proud!

Barb Hendee delivers in this book! She takes us again with Celine and Amelie, sister "seers" in Prince Anton's court, on another murder mystery adventure. The author must be a lot like her main character Celine because she writes with a very insightful and empathetic pen. Her characters and events come to life before your eyes while guiding your mind to all the important information! Sigh....to have
Barb Lie
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Witches with the Enemy by Barb Hendee is the 3rd book in her Mist-Torn Witches series. I love this series, as it has two wonderful heroines, exciting storylines, and well written. Celine and Amelie are our heroines, and they are seers. Celine can see the future, and Amelie can see the past, just by touching the person. They both work for Prince Anton, who is the good prince in comparison to his evil brother, Prince Damek. After solving cases in the first two books, Celine and Amelie have been su ...more
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Chelle:
*Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review...

Witches with the Enemy is the 3rd installment in Barb Hendee's Mist-Torn Witches series and this was my favorite of the series so far. Like all Hendee books, Witches With the Enemy was engaging, entertaining, and well written, all revolving around two super strong heroines that you can't help but love.

Celine and Amelie assistn Prince Anton in solving mysteries in the realm, specifically those
Heather
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Witches with the Enemy: A Novel of the Mist-Torn Witches by Barb Hendee is a highly enjoyable read. Anton is becoming an interesting character. And while his brother Damek is the kind of evil I usually see as cartoonish, it works here. Damek has his own quirks and habits that make him into more than just a standard psychopath.

I love Amelie and Celine. They’re so different and yet so close to each other. Their differences also make it easier for them to seek out information in different ways and
Homewrecker
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Barb Hendee takes us out for another adventure with the orphaned Sisters Fawe in their murky homeland of Droevinka. I've been enjoying this series immensely. Each installment is a self-contained mystery and also is part of an overarching story encompassing all three books.

The sisters once again have a difficult murder to unravel and the high stakes of a political wedding hanging in the balance that will effect everyone if they fail. They set about the task with their usual cleverness and humani
Mia
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
When I first started the Mist-Torn Witches series, I really liked it: the mystery, healing, seeing the future and past. Unfortunately I am over it now. Every book follows the same pattern: the sisters are fine, an invitation to do seeing comes, it turns out some mystery needs to be solved, they don't want to go, they go and people don't believe in their powers, a murder is seen but they can't stop it, another murder is seen and they try to stop it, for some crazy reason one sister has to run off ...more
Tahyun
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-fiction
Even though the plot of this book took place in much less time than the previous one, I think it moved a little slower. The mystery was good though; I only felt really strongly about who the culprit was a chapter or two before it was revealed. I normally know within a short span of beginning a story. I felt that some character lines were just completely dropped from the previous book, but considering where the plot led, it is understandable; it would have been weird to include those continuation ...more
Heather R
Jul 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Witches solving mysteries in pseudo-medieval times.

I enjoy this series, the books are fun and fluffy. I really like the world, and the characters, which makes me wish the books went deeper.

I also read all 3 in a row, which really doesn't do the series any favours - you really notice the repetition between books, and how the author uses the same phrases over and over. The first chapters especially feel like there was some Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V going on. It's a problem most series have, I find, wantin
Whitney
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I love this series! The third installment is just as great as the first two! I enjoyed having the sisters go to Damek's castle and getting to learn more about him, as unsettling as he is. The mystery in this story is just as engaging as the first two books. Seems like some of the characters from this book will definitely be in play in future stories and I am excited to see how it all plays out! I also have to say I love the pacing in these books. All of them just flow so well, there is never a d ...more
Shannon
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this series - the mysteries are interesting, the world has lots of possibilities, wondrous and awful, and the books leave me wanting to know more. This book wasn't perfect, but it was completely enjoyable - and the lack of Jaromir in it just made it more enjoyable to me. Looking forward to the next one (hopefully?).
Melissa
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm an addict. No, really. I've had dreams about them, now. And... now I have to wait. Because no author can keep up with my reading schedule.

Seriously, I love these young women - they're tough, they're strong on their own, and they are good without being unbelievable mary sue types.

Go Celine! Go Amelie! :)
Mark Stratton
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I was impressed with this book overall, but I was sort of sad to see that Amelie was rather flat in this installment. There seemed to be less development of her character this go 'round. Still, can't wait for the next one.
Joy
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
These are perfect for a short afternoon read that takes little energy, is light on blood and gore and sweetened with a little unrequited love. The title is a bit misleading as the main characters are psychics not witches.
H.L. Stephens
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book as the next addition in the series of the Mist-Torn witch series. I love the characters and their varying adventures. Can't wait for book 4 to be released.
Sam Sigelakis-Minski
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an awesome read. Very quick paced, and I kind of wanted more of my Jaromir, but I still loved the mystery and the progression of the character development.
Kate
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
It did not have the unpredictability like the previous books (figured it out less than 1/3 into the book) but it was still a fun read and enjoyed the further development of the sisters.
Househippo
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Eh. It's good enough. Will keep reading. Wouldn't mind different love interests- these ones are snoozefests (though the captain is far better than boy-prince)
Katlin Seagraves
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This series is so great. I didn't care for this one as much as the first two, but I can't wait for the next one.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jul 07, 2016 02:06PM
  • The Shattered Vine (Vineart War #3)
  • Crucible Zero (House Immortal, #3)
  • Until You Find Me (Untamed, #1)
  • Hexomancy (Ree Reyes, #3)
  • Orcs: Forged for War
  • Disciple of the Wind (Fated Blades, #3)
  • Firestorm (Deadtown, #6)
  • Dust and Light (The Sanctuary Duet, #1)
  • The Last Archangel
  • The Hellsblood Bride (Mookie Pearl, #2)
  • Witches Be Burned (Magic & Mayhem, #2)
  • Raw (Torn Between Two Lovers #1)
  • Dark Embrace (Dark Paradise #4)
  • Beautiful Danger (In the Company of Vampires #1)
  • The Devil's Concubine (The Devil of Ponong series #1)
  • Blood Call
  • Wolfsbane (Silver #4)
  • Within the Flames (Dirk & Steele, #11)

[See barbhendee.org]
Like most writers, I've worked at many jobs in my life, including teaching pre-school until I completed my master's degree in Composition Theory. Between 1993 and 2006, I taught college English while writing fiction on the side, some independently and some with my husband and life-long partner J.C.

Over the years, we've lived in Washington State, Idaho, Colorado, and now moved j
More about Barb Hendee

The Mist-Torn Witches (4 books)
  • The Mist-Torn Witches (The Mist-Torn Witches #1)
  • Witches in Red (Mist-Torn Witches, #2)
  • To Kill a Kettle Witch: A Novel of the Mist-Torn Witches (Mist-Torn Witches #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Perdido Street Station (New Crobuzon, #1)
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)