Start by marking “VIP (Rock & Release, Act #1)” as Want to Read:
VIP (Rock & Release, Act #1)

VIP

(Rock & Release #1)

VIP is the first act of Rock & Release, Riley Edgewood's three-part new adult romance serial!

When Cassidy Evans scores VIP tickets to a concert, she decides to use them for one carefree night before beginning a summer internship at her father’s Fortune 500 company. But one carefree night turns into a few too many martinis—with two unexpected twists: A steamy encounter
Published November 17th 2014

To ask other readers questions about VIP, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about VIP

~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
VIP is one of those book where I say it wasn't the book, it was probably me.

I enjoyed most of Cassidy and Gabe's story, it was a nice and sweet introduction to their world and how they met,...

After reading the blurb I wanted to read the book because I thought Cassidy would be strong and would stand for herself. And what I found is a broken girl decided to live a summer without drama which was good at first. But as the story evolves, Cassidy lives with a ghost who still captures her mind and acti
Michelle
Nov 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Cassidy is a week away from starting her summer internship at a company that any business major would die to have, but one drunken night she gets a different offer for the summer. One she wants to take.

Gage is a regular at the BackBar Amphitheater, a little cozy area that is for pre-concert VIPs. When the blonde catches his eye during his show and her drunken flirting gets him to stick around, the chemistry leads these two to tangle in the sheets.

But for Cassidy, choosing the job over the inter
Christy
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was provided with a copy of this book to provide an honest review...

This was a great book, loved it from start to finish even tho I wouldn't technically say finish got to the last page and was like "NOOOOO, you can't finish there!!" The story follows Cassidy who has pretty much her life figured out and about to embark on a summer internship that plenty of ppl would kill for, but in walks sexy singer Gage!
Enjoying the perks of a competition win at a VIP venue before a concert Cassidy gets her
Katy Upperman
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, favorites
How I adore this first act in Riley Edgewood's three-act debut serial, Rock & Release. I've read it twice, once as a beta, and once as a fan. VIP is definitely the steamy (sometimes literally!) sort of book NA is known for, but more than that, it's a gorgeous story. Riley has this lovely way with words that gets under my skin and stays with me. Even her sexiest scenes are written with elegance and nuance, and they read almost like poetry. MC Cassidy is such a fun heroine to get to know. She' ...more
L.E. Chamberlin
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: na
Hit the star rating by accident and can't undo until I actually rate it.
Tracey Nelson
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Four stars!

This was a quick, sweet read with a strong heroine and a sexy musician hero. It was well written, easy to read and I was fully engaged in the characters and story. I read it all in one sitting and was left wanting more.

Cassidy is a young woman who had unfortunately suffered a great loss recently, in order to make her father happy she had agreed to take an internship which isn't something she truly wanted to do. After a night out with her friend, she is offered an opportunity she isn'
Candiefloss

Where to start?! I loved this book. It's the first in a three part serial/series. Brilliant start. I was hooked from the first page.

Still recovering from a family tragedy Cassidy meets Gage; a musician, on a rare night out. He's not a mega superstar, but melt worthy all the same.

Sparks fly, job offers are made and BAM - Cassidy's already mapped life takes a turn.

Completely captured me. I loved the characters, loved the plot, loved everything about it.

The writing was fluid and easy,
Aurélie
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-lus
ARC provided for an honest review :))

review to come :))

I didn't know this author and it's a good surprise for me ;)) I love discover such talented author! It well written, easy to read and short. The story is clear, fresh... I like this book even if I dont anderstand all Cassidy reactions.. Sometimes I wanted to shake her but I like that she's strong, that she's try to live no matter what, even if it's so hard sometimes...but I'm not going to lie, the best part in this book is GAGE ... Oh yeah!
Bec

Release Date - 17th November 2014
Pages - 122
My Rating - 2 Stars

Review
There was so much potential in this book, and unfortunately the author missed the mark. There was no excitement, no heart racing adventure or what will she do next, it was all predictable and on the same tangent. It could've been so much more, edgier, grittier, but the lackluster story and writing left me bored and not wanting to read more.
Debbie Hughes
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! Jumps right in and never slows down. Such a wonderful story of how although bad things happen, good things can come from it. And I hope soon all the characters will see this. I can't wait to see where Gage and Cassidy go next. The characters are very real, you could see them as your own family. Great Job Riley Edgewood, very enjoyable book can't wait for the next.....
Dahlia
This is the only serial I've ever read, and while it hasn't converted me to the style (or at least I know in the future I'd wait until all of them were published), it's definitely converted me to Riley Edgewood. This was such a fun, sexy series, with a pleasantly self-aware MC and a seriously delectable LI. I devoured all three books. Like, *devoured*.
~Kristin~
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley
3.5 Stars

I think this book and these characters had a lot of potential, and while I didn't hate this book I also didn't love it. VIP was well written with a good cast of characters, but it felt like in every interaction and situation something was missing or left out and unsaid. After awhile that becomes frustrating, at least for me.

Cassidy is a struggling with the untimely death of her brother six months ago and now during the summer before her senior year of college, and had agreed to an inte
Angel Hatfield
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good Read, Good Characters Cassidy's brother Jason had died of an overdose. She was trying to move on with her life. She's interning for the CEO of Chambers and Britt, a Fortune 500 company, starting the following week. Teagan, who had been Cassidy's friend since they were young, had called into a podcast and had one VIP tickets to a Demi Jade concert. They were in the VIP lounge and Gage was singing and playing guitar. Teagan causes a scene and leaves Cassidy there. Cassidy ends up going home w ...more
Meckesha Booher
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was an okay read. The repeating of words or phrases two or three times (anyone who's read this book knows what I'm talking about) was annoying as all hell. That alone almost made me not buy the second book in this series. Based on the description of this book, I though it would be a 5 star read (or at least a four). But there wasn't much of a story. I mean you know her brother dies but she won't talk about it. She's having a "fling" with Gage, but won't discuss anything personal with him. H ...more
Donna Parrott
Well it was good

I thought this book was going to turn out differently. Don't get me wrong I liked it but it left me with more questions then answers and I do not like that books like that.
The love scenes where amazing and the friendship and heartache during this book was pretty good.
But I could not get over my questions like what is going on with her family? Why doesn't she wasn't a relationship? Why did her brother overdose? What happened with Gages sister and Zoey?
I just had to many questio
Elodie
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: na-read-in-2014
Hot, hot, hot amazing debut packed with steamy scenes, depth and gorgeous writing!

This is one hot debut (in many more ways than one :)) Cassidy is definitely easy to root for: her voice is strong and her emotions run through the pages. She has had her share of tragedy in her life and her relationship with her parents is strained.

Her summer will be her time and Gage is another way for her to discover herself and what she wants. I couldn't stop reading!

If you like romance, music, characters with d
Angelica Demonica
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review......

It was a good and entertaining read....with an sexy musician and a hurting, yet strong heroine..

Cassidy is hurt for the death of her younger brother and lost to what she expects out of life.... She can't decide if she wants what she wanted before her brothers death....

When her friend deserts her at a bar she ends up with the sexy musician and maybe a new job......

Can't wait to read the second act :D
Phoenix
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-adult, romance
Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about this book. I really don't feel one way or the other. It was not bad but it was not fabulous either. I realize it is only book one, but I am not jumping to get the next one. It does end in a kind of cliffhanger but I am just not invested in the characters yet. Towards the end, I got more curious but the book just felt disjointed. It has some real potential but it is just not there yet.

For more reviews, go to bbsbookreviews.com
Soldadita
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stupid stupid stupid Cassidy, Gage is perfect, how could she think about that at the end of the book? -Yes this is a really tiny spoiler- I can't handle this, I need the second book right now and I hope that she think twice what she's going to do...

Shawna Shauntia
Nov 23, 2014 added it
Shelves: promo

I wonder if he's going to kiss me.

I hope he's going to kiss me.

I try to convey the message with my eyes, but he's a little blurred around the edges and I'm not sure I'm even focusing exactly where I should be, much less able to send any sort of meaning through a glance.

He keeps talking, talking, talking. Something about bands. Something about where he's from. Something, something, something, but I keep forgetting his words the moment they breeze through his mouth.

He's asking me
Trish Bedroom Bookworms
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**originally written for Bedroom Bookworms***
Edgewood - VIP

When I think back to the last year and think about unproven, unrecommended, out-of-the-blue books that I read from new authors, there are two which stand out to me. Oddly, both came within a few weeks of each other and left me surprised, thrilled and chomping at the bit for more. The first, I have already reviewed – Normal by Danielle Pearl.

The 2nd came to me in much the same way. VIP was an ARC offered by a new author named Riley Edgewood. Again, my
Krystal
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

Still recovering from a family tragedy Cassidy, she and her best friend Teagan land VIP tickets to a concert, the night turns out differently then she expects. When Teagans attitude abruptly changes, she leaves Cassidy and hauls butt with the concert tickets. When Cassidy is approached by the owner of the bar, she has a few drinks, too many, and makes friends with the waitresses. After drinking a little too much, and making googly eyes with the opening act, Gage, Cassidy is determined to have fu
~Kate~
I received a review copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I usually like books that have a simplistic look about them but for some reason I'm not a fan of this one, I think it may have something to do with the washed out look about the background. I do think that the actual cover is fitting for this book.

When I first started this book I thought okay maybe this will be a good book and I had a look to see if I have the complete Rock & Release novel and I did so I went over to t
Gemma Weir
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuch.co.uk

2.5 Stars

VIP is book #1 in the Rock & Release Series, I grabbed this book when it was free on Amazon and it’s been sitting on my Kindle until I’ve managed to squeeze it into my reading schedule.

This is only a short read and straight off the bat it kept me entertained, I read it whilst I cooked my families’ dinner and it was OK.

BUT…

It didn’t leave an impact on me!

I know not every book leaves a scar but I like to read becaus
Gabriela
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Very entertaining , i think i may read the next one , it Was light, esay to read and fun ... With a dreamy male lead
_____________________________________________________________________________

*****ARC received by Netgalley*****

This one will be a short one , because , it’s the first part of a three book series.

The story centers around Cassidy, a girl who had a big lost in his family, and is very much lost since that. Her parents are not the same that they where and her life is turning in to so
AJ Swen
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it
*This book was provided to me via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review*

3-3.5 stars...

Cassidy Evans is enjoying her VIP night at the local bar, with her high school friend Teegan. Cassidy will soon be spending her summer slaving away at her internship with her father's employer. She and Teegan decide to let loose, but after an argument, Cassidy is left alone at the bar. She makes new friends, gets completely wasted, and falls into the arms of Gage Logan, the sexy swinger she's been swoonin
2kasmom
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book begins with Cassidy going to a concert with her best friend after she gets VIP tickets. Once there, she and best friend Teagan, fight and Cassidy is left there to fend for herself.

Cassidy ends up drinking quite a bit. Making new friends with Jared and Vera. Gage, who was singing up an stage while she was fighting with Teagan, ends up drinking with Cassidy at her table. They make eye contact, start talking and that is all it takes. She is so into Gage and he is so into her.

They spend eve
Tash
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Whenever I am looking for a fun read, I always tend to go to the music scene, be it guitarists, singers, drummers they all bring out the sexy in a narrative. I was looking for a new light read to glisten through the emotional in-betweens of book overload and reality overload and came across VIP, a new serial romance series by Riley Edgewood.

The narrative follows Cassidy, as turns her planned life upside down following her heart and having a summer of fun, instead of in a funk. Cassidy meets Gabe
Briana Pacheco
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this! I admit to not liking serials prior but I've tried them out recently and I'm in love with them. <3 VIP was a great, quick read filled with relatable moments.

Cassidy suffered a tragic loss and it plays a GREAT deal with the way her life is planned out now. Dammit, I felt so bad for everything she went AND is going through! She's a week away from starting an internship that she's really not that excited about after some thought so she and her friend, Teagan go out to a concert whe
Once Upon a Twilight
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I overdid it with the New Adult books and put myself off them, but I thoroughly enjoyed VIP and while I wait for the second part, I intent to read more New Adult books.

I felt for Cassidy. After losing her brother only 6 months ago, she’s still finding her feet again. Her controlling parents are trying to dump her brother’s dreams on her, but it’s not what she wants to do. Cassidy and her best friend land VIP tickets to a concert but things don’t go quite as planned and
  • Down to Business (Business, #1)
  • Swimming to Tokyo
  • Rushed (Rushed, #1)
  • Ashborne (The Ashborne Saga #1)
  • Drowning (Tears of Sin, #1)
  • Possess (Shamed, #2)
  • Fighting Faith
  • Stepbrother Alpha's Baby 3
  • Taking Stage: A Night with the Rock Star - The Complete 5-Part Series (Taking Stage, #1-5)
  • Branded
  • Everly After
  • UnBurdened
  • Rough Waters (Drenaline Surf, #2)
  • Crossing the Line (World Apart, 1)
  • What If (If Only..., #2)
  • Relentless Rhythm (Tempest, #4; Black Cat Records, #7)
  • Thin White Line (Badboy Rockers, #1)
  • Rumors (Lingering Echoes, #0.5)
Sign up for Riley's newsletter to receive updates on new releases and other fun things!

Riley lives in the DC area and spends most of her time with her characters, playing with her toddler and husband, and pretending she knows how to be an adult. Former dancer. Current writer. Lifelong lover of accessories, books, and the beach. And cats. Can't forget the kitties. Of which she has two.

Rock & Release (4 books)
  • Starstruck (Rock and Release, Act #2)
  • Show Stopper (Rock & Release, Act #3)
  • Rock & Release (Summer Love, #1)
“Hang on, sweetheart. Because that was just the beginning.” 1 likes