Start by marking “Loving Dallas (Neon Dreams, #2)” as Want to Read:
Loving Dallas (Neon Dreams, #2)

(Neon Dreams #2)

In the second novel in bestselling author Caisey Quinn’s Neon Dreams series, a country rock band and its members embark on the rocky road to fame and find love along the way.

Dallas Lark is so close to achieving his dream of making it big in country music that he can taste it. Arriving in Nashville after signing with sexy, successful manager Mandy Lantram, his life goes fro
Published June 16th 2015 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Loving Dallas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Dallas

Liza
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received an ARC for an honest review

Actual Rating: 5+ stars

How do you give love a second chance when it interferes with the road to your dreams?

I finished Leaving Amarillo while on the road travelling and it left me breathless. I finished Loving Dallas in the bedroom and it left me in tears of joy. That's the thing with Caisey Quinn's books, it doesn't matter where you are, it will definitely strike a cord of your heart.

No words are enough to praise Loving Dallas and how amazing this series i
Geri Reads
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***WARNING! There may be spoilers for Book 1!***
Loving Dallas is the second book out of Caisey Quinn's Neon Dreams series. It follows the lives and loves of the country band Leaving Amarillo. This time, it's all about Dallas.

Loving Dallas starts right where Leaving Amarillo left off with Dallas going off on a tour without Dixie or Gavin as a result of Mandy's manipulation and Gavin's personal troubles. Dallas Lark is no more. Dallas Walker would have to go at it alone without his sister and his
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 4-star-books

4 Loving Dallas and Robyn Stars

Loving Dallas is a standalone and is part of the Neon Dreams series.

You do not have to read the first book Leaving Amarillo prior to reading Loving Dallas, BUT you will need to read Leaving Amarillo prior to reading the last book, Missing Dixie.

I really liked Dallas and I was interested in his story. He was the side-character that was just there. He was the over-protective brother and always blocked Dixie and Gavin from hooking-up. So, now it’s Dallas’ story and it
Michelle
Copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

~Full Review to Come

#lovingDallas

#lovingDallas1

[image error]

Review can also be found on Four Chicks Flipping Pages: http://fourchicksflippingpages.weebly...Caisey Quinn
Jen
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!

My WORD these books need to come with a fan. And maybe tissues.

I really like how these books are companions and not necessary sequels, OR the same story told from different POVs. Each one has it's own voice and unique storyline. I'm a sucker for second-chance-at-love stories, and LOVING DALLAS did not disappoint! Both Robyn and Dallas are strong-willed characters determined not to let anything or anyone stand in the way of achieving their dreams.

And then they run into each other agai
Angyy
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
UPDATE 23.06

"I’m still me, Robyn. No matter what’s changed between us, I’m still me."

I have to say I was worried I wouldn’t be able to focus on Dallas probably, while still thinking of Dixie and Gavin. But I’m happy to say that wasn’t the case and I managed not to think of them too much. So good job, Quinn!

description

This may be my new favorite series by Caisey Quinn. Kylie and Trace will always have a special place in my heart, and they are the reason I fell in love with her books, but I lov
Lindsay
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

I love books that are part of a series yet standalones. Part of me would love to say that this is a stand alone, and I do think it can be read alone but I also think it’s better after having read Leaving Amarillo.

I had a hard time with this book. Don’t get me wrong, the book was good, very enjoyable; but with the way Dallas so easily let the stupid manager cut his sister out of the band in the first book (Leaving Amarillo), I just couldn’t get past my anger at him. (I’m known to hold grudges
Christy LoveOfBooks

3.5

I read the first book in this trilogy, Leaving Amarillo, earlier this year and enjoyed the hell out of it. The one thing that gave me mixed feelings wasn’t so much the cliffhanger, but the fact that the second book would focus on Dallas and Robyn before going back to Dixie and Gavin’s story in the third book. But now, after reading Loving Dallas, I like how it switches.

Dallas and Robyn have major history, and things between them did not end well. So it gets a little crazy when the both of the
Blushing Reader
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books-read
Loving Dallas is book 2 in the Neon Dreams series, and while you could read this as a standalone you would miss out on some tough choices Dallas had to make in Leaving Amarillo that really play into some of his internal struggles in Loving Dallas, so I don't recommend it. (Besides Leaving Amarillo is one of the best books of the year, so go indulge yourself)

I 100% completely and totally fell in love with the Neon Dreams series in book one, Leaving Amarillo, but to be honest, I did not like or ca
Ali
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

I was not a fan of Dallas in Leaving Amarillo. Not even a little bit. I thought he was selfish, oblivious, naive at times and overbearing. You know what? I now see him differently. He won me over. While I can't easily write off all the things he did in book one, I have a new found appreciation for who he is and maybe some understanding of his past mistakes.

Robyn starts the book off as a seemingly abrasive, no nonsense woman. She's very career driven and I wasn't all together convinced
Beth

4.5 Sacrifice Stars

Warning: This is the second in the Neon Dreams Series. Do not read it until you read the first. You need to read them in order. Besides, the first one is really good.

You know that saying, "If you love something let it go..blah blah blah..." The problem with that is that you have to let your love go. As in away. That leaves you with no love. Kinda sucks.

Robyn has plenty of practice with sacrifice. She let her high school boyfriend, Dallas, go on tour with his band
Kristin
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemp, own

I did not, did not, DID NOT like Dallas Lark in Leaving Amarillo, the first book in Caisey Quinn's Neon Dreams series.  The guy was a bossy, self absorbed, drill sergeant of a big brother to Dixie, his younger sister.  I dreaded picking up this book number two for so many reasons but none of them held any whiskey by the time I finished this in yet again record time.  As usual, it takes the woman to make the man...

spoileralert

In this case, the man needs some work.  Dallas Lark has just left his band in the
Jenna
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, edelweiss
I do love a good second chance romance and Caisey does not disappoint. I really loved Dallas in Leaving Amarillo, but I think I fell even more when reading Loving Dallas. Being in his head will do that though right?!

Dallas has always dreamed of making it big and honestly the man does well in the spotlight, it was made for him. But chasing his dreams always means leaving something behind. Last time he had to leave his high school sweetheart behind. Now several years later it's his band he's force
Anne OK
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
Secrets - why do these characters always think that's the way to go? It only brings on the angst and heartache. Well, there you have it -- the answer in a nutshell that keeps the story rolling. And Dallas and Robyn certainly followed that scenario. The band "Leaving Amarillo" has broken up and Dallas is on his own after signing a contract with Capitol Records. He's out on tour and making a name for himself. Robyn has loved Dallas since high school. She broke off their relationship when "Leaving ...more
Susan
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads-read
I received this book in a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway, but this is my honest opinion. When I found out that I had won this book, I read the first book in the series before I read this book. I was hooked as soon as I started the first book. Caisey Quinn has become one of my favorite authors. I started this book last night before I went to bed. I was just going to read for about 30 minutes. Instead, I read until 4:00 am, slept for three hours, and woke up at 7:00 am and read until I finished it ...more
Angela
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars over again! Gah. This book was hot. It was good and I think I could totally see a movie spawning from this series. Between Dixie and Gavin...Dallas and Robyn..with Mandy and Jase thrown in there. For sure. Movie deal!
Julie
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just won a copy of Loving Dallas in the goodreads giveaway!!!!!
Irisheyz77
This review was originally posted on Ticket to Anywhere

Place(s) Traveled To: Omaha, Nebraska // Atlanta, Georgia // Denver, Colorado // Kansas City, Kansas // Los Angeles, California // Greenville, North Carolina // Charlotte, North Carolina // New Orleans, Louisiana // Dallas, Texas // Nashville, Tennessee // Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

First Line(s): Thirty-six cities blurred by me so quickly I felt like I'd been on a six-week drinking binge.

If I could describe LOVING DALLAS by Casey Quinn in one wo

Donna Brown
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Read the book while on the airplane. Had to flip forward a few pages because it has some in-depth love scenes and I was squished between two men who were reading shoot-um-ups.
Lindy
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts:

I am loving the Neon Dreams series! In Leaving Amarillo, we meet the main characters Dixie, Gavin and Dallas. With book one, we learned about the special bond between brother and sister, and their best friend, Gavin. We also learned about the secret love that Dixie and Gavin have been holding on to for one another. We got a to be continued ending, and now in Loving Dallas, Ms. Quinn focuses on Dallas' story and view point.

Dallas' dream has always focused on his love of country music.
Shannon Daniel
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caisey Quinn

5 Stars

We met Dallas in Leaving Amarillo and we loved him, right? He was the overprotective big brother who loved fiercely, was extremely loyal, and had big dreams. We pick up with Dallas getting a shot at making those dreams come true, he’s going on the Midnight Bay tour with Jase Wade. He’s actually touring, singing, and making a name for himself. Yet, he has reservations about losing his identity and not being the Dallas Walker Lark that his grandparents loved. He doe
Sakura
:: 4.5 Stars ::
Loving Dallas photo LovingDallas_zpsyqrvomcl.jpg
“Handing over my boarding pass, I adjust the guitar on my back and take the first step toward a neon dream I’ve been chasing for as long as I can remember. I knew I’d get here one day—I just didn’t expect to be alone.”
Loving Dallas follows Dallas and Robyn on their way through second chances and a dream-filled journey.

Dallas Lark is finally getting his big break in the music industry. Under the much flashier name Dallas Walker, he hops on board the popular Jase Wade tour.
Emma
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit I was a little sceptical about reading Dallas’s story, I desperately wanted the next installment of Gavin and Dixie and was therefore a little bias against Dallas. For me, Dallas appeared to be a fame hungry jerk in Leaving Amarillo. I have never been happier to be proven wrong.

Dallas is an amazing brother, raised primarily by his grandparents, he is compassionate, hard-working and independent. He has sacrificed a lot to be where he is today. However, it soon becomes blatantly ob
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I've been waiting (impatiently) on the second book in Caisey Quinn's Neon Dreams series since I devoured Leaving Amarillo a few months ago. I wanted to drop everything and read Loving Dallas the minute I received the ARC, but they say good things come to those who wait, so I held off until a little closer to release. (Which was hard, y'all.) I loved it nearly as much as the first.

If I'm being totally honest with myself (and you, by extension) I
Amy
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!

“More of my granddad’s wisdom comes to mind. A woman’s like a guitar, son. It’s all in how you hold her. After that he added, Get comfortable with her but never take her for granted, appreciate every single inch and curve. The imperfections are what make her unique, what make her yours.”

Loving Dallas is the second book in the Neon Dreams series and is the companion novel to Leaving Amarillo. I was a little surprised that Loving Dallas was the second book in this series,
Three Chicks
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Lisa Kane

Dallas Lark, now known as Dallas Walker, is about to embark on a tour-without his sister, Dixie and his drummer and best friend Gavin Garrison. At the end of Leaving Amarillo. Gavin was going to find Dixie and tell her he loved her and Dixie was going to go RV'ing and fulfill a life long dream of their grandparents.

Dallas is feeling a little lost without the two of them, but he knows he owes it to his parents' memory and his sister to follow his musical dreams. Since their pa
Becca
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caisey Quinn knows how to write a leading man. She seems to have an unmatched grasp on those country musicians who have heartbreak written all over them. I enjoyed getting to know Dallas as a musician, big brother, and best friend in Leaving Amarillo, but discovering what kind of man Dallas Lark really is in Loving Dallas was deeply satisfying. Dallas proved to be every bit the caring, kind-hearted, protective, and talented man he seemed to be, impressing me with his adorable personality and und ...more
Krista
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
Dallas' tour is being sponsored by a local liquor, and it just so happens that Dallas' old girlfriend Robyn works PR for them and is managing the tour. We met her in Leaving Amarillo, and we get the impression that she and Dallas were once very serious, but that he broke her heart for some reason. One thing is clear - it didn't end well between them. And, now they have to work together.

Robyn tries really hard to keep Dallas at a distance. But, honestly, she stood no chance. The man is sex on a
Tonyalee
To be quite honest, I was nervous to read Loving Dallas. I didn't care for Dallas in Leaving Amarillo, and had no interest what so ever, in reading his story. Even though I was told I could skip it and read Missing Dixie, I read it anyway.

Surprisingly, I didn't hate it.

I've realized now that I have read the series, it's not really the characters I dislike, per se, or the plot. It's the writing. I just do not connect to Caisey's writing at all. It's not bad, because who am I? It's wordy. It's rep
Meghan
May 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, predictable
The book started off really well for me - it had a great epigraph (from Oscar Wilde) and the opening paragraph with Robyn was something I truly identified with. It was nice, entertaining quick read but not something I'd rave about.

I didn't read the first book (Leaving Amarillo) so this was my first introduction to these characters. I have a suspicion that that was probably a good thing, but who knows. Robyn and Dallas have history and a connection. There is hot sex. The steamy scenes weren't ov
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • Dirty Talk (Mechanics of Love, #2)
  • Torn to Pieces (The Boys of DownCrash, #2)
  • Step Brother
  • Tyler & Stella (Tattoo Thief, #2)
  • Her Perfect Game (Hot & Nerdy, #2)
  • Playing Hard to Master (Masters Unleashed, #2)
  • Tryst
  • True Divide (True, #3)
  • Mind the Gap (In Too Deep, #4)
  • Held Against You
  • Maximus
  • Before & After
  • Blackout (Lost Girls #1)
Caisey Quinn is the bestselling author of thirteen contemporary romance novels published both traditionally (HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Penguin/Random House) and independently. She is the mother of two little ones and a wife splitting her time between Nashville, TN and a small town in Alabama.

Her latest novel: Blood & Lace, an edge of your seat dark romantic thriller is available no

Neon Dreams (3 books)
  • Leaving Amarillo (Neon Dreams, #1)
  • Missing Dixie (Neon Dreams, #3)