Start by marking “You Have to Fucking Eat” as Want to Read:
You Have to Fucking Eat

You Have to Fucking Eat

From the author of the international bestseller Go the Fuck to Sleep comes a long-awaited sequel about the other great parental frustration: getting your little angel to eat something that even vaguely resembles a normal meal. Profane, loving, and deeply cathartic, You Have to Fucking Eat breaks the code of child-rearing silence, giving moms and dads new, old, grand-, and ...more
Published November 12th 2014 by Akashic Books

To ask other readers questions about You Have to Fucking Eat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Have to Fucking Eat

Start your review of You Have to Fucking Eat
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Sometimes I wish I had children, so I can corrupt their little minds. Imagine the evil little progenies I could bring up, especially when I've tainted them with profanity from the beginning with passages such as these?

Free audiobook here:

Listen to parts of it narrated by Bryan Cranston here:
Petra X has a bf & is going to be having a life
The first time my son said 'Fuck' he was about three and we were at a very posh cocktail party full of politicians given by his snottiest auntie. Dora wanted me to help out serving stuff and I didn't want to do it. I told Daniel to tell his auntie that I was a bit busy right now. He apparently went up to her and said, Mummy says she's too fucking busy right now. He told someone else that he didn't like fucking meatballs. He said to an auntie with a very hairy chin that his mother said he didn't ...more
Anne
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you don't have kids will you think this is funny?
Hard to say.
It's basically the companion to Go the Fuck to Sleep, which is a tongue-in-cheek bedtime story for parents who are dealing with young children.
Thankfully, all of mine are now old enough that I can actually just tell them to get the hell in bed and stay there...Or else.
I no longer have to screw around and be nice about it.
*insert evil laugh here*
As far as getting them to eat?
Been there. Done that.
And this book brought back all the m
Mischenko
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another hilarious story by Adam Mansbach. This one is very similar to Go the F*** to Sleep. Colorfully illustrated and a laugh out loud story.

4****
Kemper
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, humor
Do you want to hear Walter White curse at a child? (And who wouldn’t?) Then you can download this from Audible for free now and listen to Bryan Cranston profanely urge a youngster to eat something just as Samuel L. Jackson once begged another kid to Go the Fuck to Sleep. It’s as funny as you’d expect it to be. ...more
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Commercial Photography

I know I’m super late to this party, but after spending Thanksgiving in a house occupied by a three year old, I realize there may be no better gift for parents of a toddler than You Have to Fucking Eat. It had been a long time since I’d dined with a three year old. You know what they eat? Frosting. Blue frosting. Not the cupcake, not the turkey that has cleverly been called “chicken” all day in a futile attempt to foil their little
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4 Fucking Eat ★'s

“You woke me and asked for some breakfast. So why the fuck won't you eat?”

I came across this on YouTube, you can watch/listen to it here. You Have to Fucking Eat

Oh, Wow. This was some knee-slapping kinda funny right here! I'm sure most if not all of us have at one point or another said some form of what's in this book 😂... Lord knows kids can be so frustrating and sometimes a real pain in the ass to get them to eat... ANYTHING! This was very amusing and I can always
Carlos De Eguiluz
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sí, tal vez también necesitaba esto.

"I hope you know it's super-special
To go to a restau— Hey, back in your seat
You shitting me? This whole menu's crap
But a roll on the floor—that you'll eat?"
TL
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slightly better than the his other book...
These are surprisingly addictive :)

Narrator Stephen Fry: 5 stars, love his voice.
Ian D
Jun 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: american-lit
Απολαυστικό όπως ο προκάτοχός του. Αν μπορούσα να ταξιδέψω πίσω στο χρόνο, σίγουρα θα το έπαιρνα στη μάνα μου (ναι, υπήρξε περίοδος που δεν έτρωγα - ωραίες εποχές...).
Εκτός αν είστε τίποτις φάμπιουλους και σας ενοχλεί ο τίτλος ή το κόνσεπτ.
Trish
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book by this author is the pretty famous Go the F*ck to Sleep that was read by Samuel L. Jackson (who did a great job).
This second book is about children's eating habits (and other things like clothes) and brought to life by the unrivalled Stephen Fry.

I might have missed out on the illustrations (though I know some of them from Amazon's inside look) but the audio version was worth it as I believe it's even funnier this way.

No, I myself don't have kids (yet), but that doesn't mean I don
Rachel Aranda

I loved that the narrator is Bryan Cranston! Him cursing and just talking is wonderful. He’s the main reason why I picked up the book. The story reminded me so much of my times babysitting young kids. I can only imagine what it’s like for parents of picky eaters. Makes me feel I need to apologize to my parents lolz. That being said the story wasn’t the best but for a free audiobook it was worth it.
Athena Shardbearer
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You Have to Fucking Eat!

Too fucking hilarious! And Bryan Cranston narrated this one. Giving this one out for Christmas presents. Also, it's free right now till 12/12 on Audible.

Mara
Nov 14, 2014 marked it as to-read
Currently FREE on Audible as read by Bryan Cranston!! You Have to F--king Eat!

Publisher's Summary:
Cranston (Breaking Bad, Malcom in the Middle) follows in the exasperated footsteps of Samuel L. Jackson, giving voice to the long-suffering father whose indifferent child will just not eat in this hilarious follow-up to Adam Mansbach's international best seller, Go the F--k to Sleep.
Mansbach's long-awaited sequel is about that other great parental frustration: getting your little angel to
AH
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
*11/14/14 - Free audio book download on Audible*

This very short little (4 minute) audio book is narrated by Bryan Cranston of Breaking Bad. He captures the true exasperation of a parent trying to get their young child to eat. You Have to Fucking Eat is hilarious and something most parents can relate to.

Definitely not for the little ones.
Paul E. Morph
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it
If you've already experienced Mansbach's hilarious 'Go The F--k To Sleep' then this is really just the same joke transposed to slightly different circumstances. For me, this second book was irresistible, though, as I'm a huge fan of Stephen Fry, and his narration is as delightful as you'd expect.

Taken from my original review on Audible.co.uk

Buddy read with Sunshine Seaspray
Nouruddine
Jan 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
That's fanfuckingtastic! ...more
Ɗẳɳ  2.☊
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Ɗẳɳ 2.☊ by: Kemper
Shelves: humor
Here's the follow up to the hugely popular Go the Fuck to Sleep, or what I like to call the Hangover II of audio books. What made the first installments so funny was the fact that they were original. This one, much like that uninspired movie, simply rehashes the same old script, same old jokes. Hey, let’s just slap a new location (problem) on it, and call it good.

Granted, Sam Jackson's reading did add quite a bit to the first book. I mean just the thought of Mr. Mother Fucker himself reading to
Agnė
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every parent
DISCLAIMER: This is a review of an audiobook.

Adam Mansbach’s poem “You Have to Fucking Eat” is a cathartic ode to so many parents who are so damn exhausted trying to make their little ones eat normal meals at normal times. I absolutely loved this grown-up poem because it is hilariously accurate and, even in its explicit version, it somehow still manages to sound cute. And the best part yet: it’s brilliantly narrated by Bryan Cranston, better known to many as Heisenberg from “Breaking Bad.” Hones
Kaethe Douglas
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books, humor
I played the audio of this for my kids and we all laughed ourselves silly. It may be repetitive, but hey, what about raising children isn't?

Available free from Audible
Chris
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Awesome. Mansbach knows kids, yes he does. This kind of thing brings back memories....

And Cranston as a narrator, excellent. Almost as funny as Samuel L. Jackson was in the first book.
Jason McKinney
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is as good as the first one; maybe even a teensy bit better. A lot of this is my life!

My favorite stanza:

You're not finished, and no, you can't go to school

In pajamas, a hat, and bare feet.

Whatever, put shoes on and bring me your plate,

My whole diet's the shit you won't eat.
Adriana Scarpin
Particularmente não gosto de audiobooks quando os livros impressos são ilustrados, parece que fica faltando alguma coisa, mas tenho que confessar que a leitura dramática do Bryan Cranston compensou e muito qualquer coisa. Divertidíssimo.
Lori
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I held no allusions that it would surpass its predecessor, or Samuel L Jackson's amazing narration, but it certainly held its own. ...more
Renee
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ok, so when this book was offered to me through the Book Depository’s Book Review Programme, I have to admit that I was very curious. I had, of course, heard of the first book by the same author, Go the F**k to Sleep, and I jumped on the opportunity to grab a copy of the second book in the series, You Have to F**king Eat so I could see what the fuss is all about.

You Have to F**king Eat is designed as a rhyming picture book that features a number of frustrated Dads trying to”encourage” their chil
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
Now this was even better then Go the F*@% to Sleep! : ) I think because I related to it more and still battle with my youngest son about eating breakfast, eating healthy, and not waiting until 9:00 pm to decide he's hungry, etc. etc. : )

Mansbach's books are a definite must read for anyone with kids.
Renee
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, read-2015
The sequel to Go the Fuck to Sleep.
I got this free from Audible. It was narrated by Dave Hughes, who did a great job.
I giggled all the way through. A picture book for adults. It's written in the style of Time for Bed but about eating, and with lots of swearing.
Breon Randon
Basically the best parenting book of all time. A blessing to those of us silly enough to try and shovel food into a mini-human's pie-hole.

Sidenote- my daughter loves "reading" this for bedtime. I find it almost ironic and relish each reading with a vicious glee. I am also happy she doesnt quite grasp the letter "F" yet.
Dee's Reading Zone
Listen to this audibook here:

and it was quite cute and entertaining for 'adults' but the cuss words... now really but still "You Have to Fucking Eat"... read by Stephen Fry!
Susanne

• Biblioburro: A True Story from Colombia
  • Safely Endangered Comics
  • What Color Is Night?
  • What Sound Is Morning?
  • Happiness Is . . . 200 Celebrations of Sisterhood: (Books About Happiness, Gifts for Sisters, Books About Sisterhood)
  • Emergency Kittens!
  • The Instant Pot No-Pressure Cookbook: 100 Low-Stress, High-Flavor Recipes
  • The Gas We Pass: The Story of Farts
  • Llama Unleashes the Alpacalypse
  • Happiness Is . . . 200 Things I Love About Dad: (Father's Day Gifts, Gifts for Dads from Sons and Daughters, New Dad Gifts)
  • A Giraffe and a Half
  • How to Be a Cat: (Cat Books for Kids, Cat Gifts for Kids, Cat Picture Book)
  • If I Go Missing
Adam Mansbach is the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller Go the Fuck to Sleep, which has been translated into 40 languages, and was Time Magazine's 2011 "Thing of the Year." The sequel, "You Have to Fucking Eat," was published in November and is also a New York Times bestseller.

Mansbach's 2013 novel, Rage is Back, was named a Best Book of the Year by NPR and the San Francisco Chronicle and