Start by marking “Kuma-Kuma Chan, the Little Bear” as Want to Read:
Kuma-Kuma Chan, the Little Bear

Kuma-Kuma Chan, the Little Bear

(Kuma-Kuma Chan)

This lovingly rendered, meditative book on friendship is sure to find a permanent place on the bedside table

With sparse text and a deceptively simple, beautiful design, Japanese author/illustrator Kazue Takahashi brings to life the world of Kuma-Kuma Chan, which loosely translates from the Japanese as “cute little bear.” Making its first appearance in English, this charmin
Published December 1st 2014 by Museyon (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Kuma-Kuma Chan, the Little Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kuma-Kuma Chan, the Little Bear

David Schaafsma
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two remarkable things about this book: 1) it is little, like 4 X 6, and I love books this size. It automatically gets like 3 stars for being this size from me! 2) It has a weird page about the little bear cutting this toenails and lining them all up. In a sweet book basically about family and friendship.

Well, maybe there's a third thing I find remarkable. The unnamed narrator says KKC is her fave little bear but she apparently doesn't really know anything about him! The bulk of the book is the n
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books

What a charming little book! Warm and lovely.

Kuma-Kuma Chan, The Little Bear waved at me from the shelf. Waved and said “Read me”. So of course, Haha…off we went. Do I ever pass up an adorable book I’ve never seen before? Noooooo. :D

This book has such a gentle, soothing feel. A quiet book about a bear living in peaceful solitude. Whether he was chewing or concentrating, this little bear’s face made me smile. Life’s little chores and pleasures played out on the pages creating a unique magic.

”He l
Amy Neftzger
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Adorable tale for young children about a bear and his friend. The two don't share much in common, but they form a bond through their visit together. A sweet story.
Amanda
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Awards Won- None
Genre- Fiction
Illustrations- There is a lot of while space. The pictures look like watercolor but they are very small compared to the space provided. The pictures depict what is being read, with very little else.
Summary- This story is about a bear named Kuma and what this person imagines his day would be like.
My view- I chose this book because it is translated from Japanese. I was interested to see what this book would be about. Also the size of the book struck my interest, i
Prama
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This super cute book has a lighthearted air all about it. It makes you feel so relaxed and happy. The art fits the words perfectly. I don't think I could want anything more out of this book that I got.
Sae
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this little book! My father used to read this to me and my sister before bedtime when we were small ♥
Anu
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Little capsule of sweetness and serenity ♥ So Zen! ...more
Miss Sarah
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
A bear goes through his day having adventures and traveling around in this few worded and illustrated book for preschoolers. One on one
Brie Lau
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's very cute. He was sleeping. He went out, too. In Winter, he rolls like my baby brother.
GooseberryCompote
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
<3 My new favorite fictional bear.
Jezire C Akin
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This isn't the first time I have received something from Museyon publishing and I have been very impressed by everything I have received to date.

This is absolutely no different.

I do think the description on goodreads does a great job of describing the book. It is simple and imaginative and perfect for emerging readers with its short text but captivating art style.

You won't find a huge amount of bri
Jill Pickle
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book comes at picture books from an angle: just slightly off and totally cute. "I wonder what Kuma Kuma Chan does during the day." This book wonders. Clip his nails and stare at the constellation they make? It's a kind of meditation in the lives of others, but still grounded in the here and now. So cute and unique.
Mathilde Courtemanche
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So freaking cute!
Angela Rodriguez
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
This book is adorable! :)
Deborah
Nov 13, 2015 added it
Shelves: picturebooks
I am a sucker for this sort of sweetness.
Cynthia
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought I was going to turn into a bear. :) Sweet little book.
Carolyn Lim