Start by marking “The Playboy of Rome (The DeFiore Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Playboy of Rome (The DeFiore Brothers, #1)

The Playboy of Rome (The DeFiore Brothers #1)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  85 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Taming the Italian playboy...

Lizzie Addler's dream of working in Italy is about to come true--that is if she can convince passionate Italian chef Dante DeFiore to keep his side of their bargain. Dante might be hotter than the Italian sun, but he's as cool as ice toward Lizzie.

Dante hasn't the time to pander to Lizzie's dreams of culinary fame--he has a restaurant to run! B
Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Published March 3rd 2015 by Harlequin (first published March 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Playboy of Rome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Playboy of Rome

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

3 Stars

I liked this book for what it was - a light, fluffy romance novel. It is a rather short book that I was able to read in just a couple of hours while my family was sleeping on a weekend morning. I read a lot of different kinds of books and every once in a while I like to read a nice, easy romance novel. This book wasn't perfect and some of the events in the story felt a little too convenient but it was an enjoyable story nonetheless.

Liz
Izy
Mar 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Rating~ 3 stars

ARC was generously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Lizzie Addler has always wanted to be a chef and now she is getting her dream come true by working with a famous chef on a reality tv cooking show in Rome. The only problem is that the Chef is no longer capable of taking part due to the stroke he suffered.

Dante DeFiore is in the process of selling his grandfather’s restaurant and going to work for his estranged father and brother in their family vine
Kaycee ❤️

I was looking for something light , fun and breezy to read and found this on my reader and never ending tbr. And I was ready to kick myself for not reading this one sooner. Because this was such a wonderful, fun, sweet, contemporary romance with lots of heart. The story was filled with gorgeous, swoon-worthy moments.. Everything was well executed and the book captured and held my attention from beginning to end.

I loved both of the characters. Dante... Seriously, he's a boyfriend hero material an
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Angela
Book provided by Jennifer Faye
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

In The Playboy of Rome we follow the crazy relationship of Lizzie Addler and Dante DeFlore. Told from the point of view of both of the main characters made it so you could really understand what was going on in their heads. The setting of the story takes place in Rome, Italy. I love when the author is descriptive about the setting in which the book is taking place as it really helps me to be able to p
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

I don't know where to begin with The Playboy of Rome, because there is a lot in this story. I guess I should highlight some of the points of the story. We have Lizzie and she has come to Italy to work with Dante's grandfather, but Massimo ended up having a stroke and needed to the family vineyard. However, he didn't tell his grandson that he was suppose to work with Lizzie. When Lizzie shows up he confuses her for extra help. Now these two feels this pull towards one an
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a very sweet, entertaining romance. It contains no bad language and nothing other than references to possible sexual intimacy - there are some pretty potent kisses!

I loved that it is set in Italy and the food and the countryside are beautifully described. The DeFiore family own a huge estate and vineyards outside Rome, and it is definitely a most romantic setting for these two people scarred from their pasts to unde
Pat
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A beautiful American hoping to study with a Master Chef in Rome for reality TV. A handsome, charming Italian chef who wants no part of it! Full review to follow on http://tbqspersonalbookpalace.blogspo... March 23rd.
Heather Anne
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted over on The Turning Pages

Lizzie has dreamed of becoming a chef and when given the opportunity to cook with one of Italy’s most well-known chef’s she jumps at the opportunity to help make her dream come true. She will also do anything to provide for her and her foster sister so that they can live a better life.

Dante is the grandson of the well-known chef Lizzie is suppose to work with, but after he has a stroke, Dante is put in charge of the restaurant and in a difficult
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-arcs
3.5 Stars

In The Playboy of Rome, the Italian countryside provides a backdrop for romance when an aspiring chef faces off against a reluctant restaurateur over a reality show! Lizzie Alder has given up everything for the opportunity to film her reality show at Ristorante Massimo and with no back up plan, she is determined to convince Dante DeFiore to honor the agreement she entered into with his grandfather.

Dante is in the process of finding a buyer for the restaurant and the signed agreement pro
Mona
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THE PLAYBOY OF ROME by Jennifer Faye, #1 of The DeFiore Brothers~~
Sweet, Funny, Touching, and More..

Lizzie Addler comes to Rome on the contingency of an internship, and learning from the best~~~Chef Massimo Bianco: upon entering the Ristorante Massimo something else happens. A little misunderstanding..When she meets tall, dark and handsome Dante DeFiore his grandson. He thinks she's a hostess coming to help him out, and she does that. Little does he know why she's really. He doesn't care how at
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was given The Playboy of Rome for an honest review by Tasty Treats Book Tours

Lizzie had an opportunity to go to Italy and be mentor by the great Chef Massimo Bianco for a TV show. The contracts were signed and both Massimo and Lizzie are both looking forward to working together. So imagine her surprise when she arrives at Massimo's restaurant and discovers that Massimo has had a stroke and his grandson is now running the place and he knows nothing of the contract between her, his grandfather a
Nancy Stopper
Mar 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I typically stay away from books not set in the U.S. because I don't always relate well to the language differences. But because this book being written by an American, just being set in Rome, I thought I'd give it a shot. The Playboy of Rome was a sweet story of a girl who is sacrificing herself to support her foster sister. I liked the premise of the story - girl travels to Rome, boy doesn't expect her, makes assumptions. Dante and Lizzie had chemistry from the beginning and it permeated their ...more
Adina Nicc
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

The book presents the story of Lizzie and Dante... it's your typical romance story presenting a lot of dancing around each other and a bit of dancing with eachother and the obvious happy ending.
The book presents both Dante and Lizzie as people who - because of their pasts - don't want to take chances with love. The start is good, but I can't help but feel disappointed because the book mainly presents the peak parts about their relations
Suzanne
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lizzie had a contract to work with the famous chief of the Rome restaurant. A TV crew would film the segments. Lizzie put everything into this opportunity so that she would have money to send her sister to graduate school. The contract included room and board so Lizzie arrived early in Rome only to find that the famous chief had a stroke and his grandson Dante was running the restaurant.

Dante was selling the restaurant. The deal was almost done. No one told him about Lizzie and her contract. He
Kortney Lah
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love a hot Italian chef? I know I most certainly wouldn't mind...and neither does Lizzie, the young aspiring, very pretty nonetheless, cook covering for the short staffed business. All the talk in the first half of the novel isn't as good as it was when it got to the steamy parts of the novel. The novel could have been better, but not quite as much as 50 shades of gray, somewhere in between would have made this book even more perfect. I love romance novels and this one was very good.
Alicia
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book through good reads. I really liked it. They both had their issues with commitment, but they were able to work through them. I like all the characters but, I wished we'd really gotten the chance to know Dante's aunts and uncles. I loved how Dante and his father were able to have a heart to heart.
Can't wait for Stefano's story. Hopefully their dad will find someone as well.
Harlequin Books
"Faye’s big-hearted characters have a lot to say, and the extremely appetizing storyline moves at just the right pace for readers to appreciate the flirtatious dialogue and truthful confessions. This delectable romance, which may produce giggles and tears, is the perfect recipe" (RT Book Reviews, 4 1/2 stars).

Miniseries: The DeFiore Brothers
Felicia
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Very quick romance read. The storyline was okay but I didn't find it grabbing and there was too much tension between the 2 characters for me to fully get on board with them falling in love so quickly. They seemed to snap at each other over everything which I found frustrating to read. Not my favorite read of the day but not the worst.
Cindy
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
*received for free through Goodreads First Reads

A nothing-special romance that didntt keep me interested. I had to push myself to read it, because I just didn't care about the characters and their interactions were jarring and annoyed me at times.
Tonya Lucas
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dante and Lizzie's story is charming, turbulent, & enchanting. Lessons learned and fears overcome make this a bookshelf keeper. Jennifer Faye is a fantastic writer and her books keep you on the edge if your seat.. Can't wait for her next book in this wonderful series!!!
Jen
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Playboy of Rome is a light, fairly quick read. After a bit of back and forth from both Dante and Lizzie, these two get their feelings sorted out for each to give us a HEA.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review
Maggie
Feb 26, 2015 rated it liked it
This needed a bit more plot but pretty good for a fun read!
Peggy Clayton
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really like the way Jennifer writes. Her books are always catch the reader right as you start. Then before you realize it you are turning the pages and not taking a break. Just a wonderful read!
Genevieve Bg
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was really enjoyable. It's a great summer read, or anytime read if you are in a mood for some heartwarming book.
Shrika
Elvire
Jul 09, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 03, 2015 09:16PM
  • A Perfect Catch (New Jersey Ice Cats, #3)
  • Solitary Soldier (Colby Agency, #4)
  • Engaged to the Single Mom (Rescue River #1)
  • Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy
  • Taken By Her Greek Boss
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Just A Taste (The O'Learys, #5)
  • Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • Meet Me at the Beach (Seashell Bay, #1)
  • Whose Baby?
  • Home to Stay
Award-winning author, Jennifer Faye pens fun, heartwarming romances. Jennifer has won the RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award, named a TOP PICK author, and been nominated for numerous awards. Now living her dream, she resides with her patient husband, amazing daughter (the other remarkable daughter is off chasing her own dreams) and two spoiled cats.

Jennifer loves to hear from readers—you can
More about Jennifer Faye

The DeFiore Brothers (2 books)
  • Best Man for the Bridesmaid (The DeFiore Brothers, #2)