Start by marking “Any Man Joe” as Want to Read:
Any Man Joe

Any Man Joe

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Before Shaun, there was Joe.

DI Edwards was called to the scene of a shooting. Four of the deceased were well known to him. The fifth man remained a mystery.

Until he woke up.

His name was Joe, a misfit shelf stacker living on the Forest Estate. As the investigation continues, DI Edwards finds himself being drawn deeper into Joe’s world of vigilante revenge. But will the trut
Published June 2nd 2015 by Screaming Magpie (first published May 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Any Man Joe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Any Man Joe

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Any Man Joe
Terry Tyler
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by me for Rosie Amber's Review Team

Excellent, excellent - I thoroughly enjoyed this!

Joe is a quiet living young man who lives on a rough council estate in London, just minding his own business - until he becomes unwillingly mixed up in the world of the estate's drug dealers. Pretty soon, he finds himself in handcuffs... that's all I will say about the plot, or I'll spoil it.

Robert Leigh has done it again, the same as he did in Kill Line - he's made me like and root for a mass murderer.
Susan Jackson
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard Hitting Brit Noir

I don’t want to live in Joe’s world; I don’t image many people would. Joe lives on the Forest Estate, a run down and abandoned place were brutality wins and morals have been sent to the abyss. Policing this Gomorrah is DI Edwards. Like the estate he watches over, Edwards is a broken down and exhausted.

And this is the remarkable part of this book, its dual narrative. Leigh could have easily opted for one character’s perspective. Both would have made entertaining novels. Inst
Cathy Ryan
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-suspense
The Forest Estate is a rough area, overrun by drug dealers and users, leaving most of the law-abiding residents wary and afraid. Joe lives in one of the maisonettes on the estate, keeping mostly to himself and working at a local supermarket. Another resident, Mrs Winters, has known Joe since he was a boy and Joe looks out for her, helping where he can. Joe is quiet and unassuming until someone he cares for very much is killed and the police do little to nothing about it.

The story opens with Joe,
Suraya Dewing
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review of Any Man Joe
By Robert Leigh
The opening line to this novel is, “So this is dying…”
It certainly grab’s a reader’s attention and immediately raises questions like, ‘who is dying? Should I care?’
I read on so I did care, especially as the tone was self-deprecating and had quite an ironic tone.
The novel is in first person. However, Robert Leigh breaks with convention by have two narrators speaking in first person – Joe and DI Edwards.
Joe speaks first, telling us how it feels to die then proce
Angelica
Sep 10, 2015
Jessica Kulbida
Feb 05, 2016
After bartending his way around Spain and the West End of London, Robert Leigh returned to his home city of Liverpool and began writing. Leigh's works include The Retribution Trilogy (third book currently in production) and From Lime Street to Yirgacheffe (a true story, of sorts...).

News & Interviews