Start by marking “The Walls of Wind and Fire” as Want to Read:
The Walls of Wind and Fire

The Walls of Wind and Fire

Two great legends past their time, lost on a Quest of a Thousand Years, stumble upon a lost realm. On entering the realm they hear a message, nine cryptic words - and realize they are as lost as the world on which they stand. In their search for a way out or a new home, they discover forgotten terrors, quirky gods, sinister agents, and ancient wonders. Underlying it all lu ...more
Published January 20th 2015 by K & L Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Walls of Wind and Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walls of Wind and Fire

Start your review of The Walls of Wind and Fire
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

Although I did end up enjoying this book a lot, I found it a bit hard to get into at first. The main characters were interesting, but I felt like I was missing a lot of the previous story and the explanation about how the Sandrat and Voyageur became friends/travelling companions.

I thought it was interesting to see the things that were in the characters' heads, talking to them, though I would have li
Sean Rourke
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ambient-sci-fi
This book falls into one of my favorite sub categories of sci-if: the one where interstellar travelers land on a primitive world and discover that something is not quite right. 90% of the book reads like fantasy as the two main characters interact with the locals, only to find traces of their grander galactic existence in the most unexpected places.

Above all, this book is a character study of two travelers, and it is fabulously constructed. You've never two characters like the Voyageur and the S
Maryann
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
From the title and the summary, I really wanted to read this story and was a little disappointed it did not completely live up to my expectations.

The story was a bit slow in the beginning. I wasn’t interested in the prologue and the story itself was slow to start and it was hard to get into the story, it continued developing slow as well. The author didn't get into details about the characters and I had to make a lot of assumptions, such as what motivated them and how they got to where they were
Gates Watson
Nov 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I wanted to read this story based upon the title and the summary. For me at least it did not completely live up to my expectations.

For me the story was a bit slow in the beginning. I wasn’t too interested in the prologue and the story was slow to start developing as well. I also had to make a lot of assumptions about the characters, what motivated them and how they came to be where they were.

The characters did have a few interesting moments, but were difficult to get to know. I did enjoy the bat
Michael Rolleigh
Sheina
added it
Jan 05, 2016
T. J. Rourke
Sep 21, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me